Thread: Euro 2020

Page 63 of 97 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Blatant dive from Braithwaite there.

I guess if it’s not rolling around, then simulation is okay, right?
    Push in the back seen smaller penalties given, that's no where near simulation.

- - - Updated - - -

Feel a bit sorry for the Czechs, they gave it their all.

I'm kind of happy not to have 2x15mins of ET though, the players didn't look like they could go on for 5mins more, let alone 30.

Quote Originally Posted by Pozz View Post
    I'm kind of happy not to have 2x15mins of ET though, the players didn't look like they could go on for 5mins more, let alone 30.
    Yeah, that would have been a sure win for whoever we're facing on Wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Cringefest View Post
    It's because Italy was better across the board. They were better in defence and most importantly far superior in midfield. It's not about "waking up". It's about not being allowed to wake up cause your opposing team plays better football.

Also lol at that red card. Nothing sweeter than a sore loser

- - - Updated - - -

This generation gone, Belgium gets back in the forgotten zone. All is at peace in the universe.
    Sore loser? I'm from Denmark. We just got through to the semi's.

Calm down a little there mr. salty

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Yeah, that would have been a sure win for whoever we're facing on Wednesday.
    We literally had nothing left to give.

If the Czechs's had scored in the last minutes they would have won the extended gametime.

Well played to them, tough as nails

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    Now this might get interesting

- - - Updated - - -

Did the Danes take some Italian lessons?

Definitely not. We played the best we could till the end, tired and battered as we where. 100% proud dane here.
    Last edited by ClassicPeon; 2021-07-03 at 06:07 PM.

The worst Germany of the last 3 decades? From that group of death where none of the teams went to the quarter final?
    You were terrified of having to play Germany or Portugal, but they suddenly became "easy" when they played England? That team is full of World cup winners, Champions league winners, PL winners Bundesliga winners, La Liga winners, I think your assessment is based more on your personal bias. Its why you keep saying things like pub teams. then should the most unthinkable thing happen you can talk about the draw, or how they played at Wembley or someone choked it. or someone's injured anything to make sure no credit is given to England.

I am glad you have got over "De moeder aller nederlagen" though cuz your bitterness maybe even more out of control

get your Ukraine shirt on, here we go!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marleycat View Post
    You were terrified of having to play Germany or Portugal, but they suddenly became "easy" when they played England? That team is full of World cup winners, Champions league winners, PL winners Bundesliga winners, La Liga winners, I think your assessment is based more on your personal bias. Its why you keep saying things like pub teams. then should the most unthinkable thing happen you can talk about the draw, or how they played at Wembley or someone choked it. or someone's injured anything to make sure no credit is given to England.

I am glad you have got over "De moeder aller nederlagen" though cuz your bitterness maybe even more out of control
    Ofcourse I was terrified of playing Germany or Portugal because, as I have stated before the tournament, we're not the best team and we had the one of the worst coaches in our history. As proven by the loss against the Czechs.
    Sure they won their cups a few years ago, or the league with Bayern this year, which isn't really a feat of strength in Germany, but that doesn't say anything about their current form. I mean Stekelenburg was a goalkeeper in a WC final but he is a shit keeper right now.

You're still trying to make England look great after their first win against a "top"team in knockouts in years. They're still not worlds best but they probably will make it to the final because they only have to get past Ukraine and Denmark.

Hell, they can even win this thing. I will stand corrected if they beat Italy or Spain in the final.

Ofcourse I was terrified of playing Germany or Portugal because, as I have stated before the tournament, we're not the best team and we had the one of the worst coaches in our history. As proven by the loss against the Czechs.
    Sure they won their cups a few years ago, or the league with Bayern this year, which isn't really a feat of strength in Germany, but that doesn't say anything about their current form. I mean Stekelenburg was a goalkeeper in a WC final but he is a shit keeper right now.

You're still trying to make England look great after their first win against a "top"team in knockouts in years. They're still not worlds best but they probably will make it to the final because they only have to get past Ukraine and Denmark.

Hell, they can even win this thing. I will stand corrected if they beat Italy or Spain in the final.
    Any team thats currently left can win the cup.

There are no absolute titans left in football.

There is no reason to brush off teams - people just get angry at you.

10+ Year Old Account
    And although my previous comments may have suggested otherwise I'll support England this match.
    But Ukraine won the female fan competition

And although my previous comments may have suggested otherwise I'll support England this match.
    But Ukraine won the female fan competition
    10th year in a row too!

10+ Year Old Account
    That escalated quickly

That escalated quickly
    Yeah this is going to be quite something. I'm happy for Shevchenko. To get here with THAT team was quite an achievement. Damn brits have it easy though!

- - - Updated - - -

Let's see if England can finally show off some of that flair
    Last edited by Cringefest; 2021-07-03 at 07:24 PM.

Memories of Iceland,,,Shudder

Quote Originally Posted by Marleycat View Post
    Memories of Iceland,,,Shudder
    Fond memories!
    Last edited by Cringefest; 2021-07-03 at 07:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The worst Germany of the last 3 decades? From that group of death where none of the teams went to the quarter final?
    I'd argue the Germany that got battered 5-1 in their back yard was worse.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Fair point. But this Germany lost to North Macedonia

Agree. The England/Germany match was definitely one of the most boring games to watch at this cup tho.

Hoping Ukraine gets an equalizer to force England to get more offensive in this match aswell so it doesnt just die out

10+ Year Old Account
    No way Kryvtsov is just 30....

10+ Year Old Account
    Captain Slabhead finally gets a header on target and with power.

Ukraine just collapsed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Captain Slabhead finally gets a header on target and with power.
    GG England. I'm not looking forward to playing against them LoL

10+ Year Old Account
    Luke Shaw is absolutely on fire this tournament.