Thread: Euro 2020

Page 66 of 97 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    So we can bash every nation except England or what? Literal Portugal, Italy, Belgium, Germany bashing been going for pages, but how dare someone say something bad about England!

Yes I'm half English and I still find this shit hilarious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    So we can bash every nation except England or what? Literal Portugal, Italy, Belgium, Germany bashing been going for pages, but how dare someone say something bad about England!

There's a difference between banter and constantly pushing the idea that everyone hates you.

It's like how everyone else is allowed to be confident, but if it's the English, it's suddenly arrogance.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

This self appointed spokesman for the rest of the planet said "Its no wonder the rest of the planet hates your guts" I haven't seen anything like that about any other country and really goes beyond football. Hes been a cock about other countries football teams too, and hes got called out for it, but that really goes beyond football don't you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    We were one absolutely dreadful Gascoigne miss from winning the whole thing.
    This made me both laugh and cry. Poor gaza. He never did a pizza hut commercial like Southgate tho did he.

TLDR, Stay off the sauce boys.

Edit: Also grats England on your win over Ukraine. Cause once is never enough:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJqi...tningSeedsVEVO
    Last edited by Hollycakes; 2021-07-04 at 12:33 AM. Reason: Derps

Quote Originally Posted by Hollycakes View Post
    This made me both laugh and cry. Poor gaza, how far hes fallen. He never did a pizza hut commercial like Southgate tho did he.

TLDR, Stay off the sauce boys.
    I dunno if you saw him play in the game to celebrate Tottenhams new stadium, it was a sorry sight, never went above walking pace for the 5 minutes he was on with a belt holding up his shorts, he looked like an 70 year old man. Brought a tear to the eye, but he probably got the loudest cheer of the whole day when he came on still a legend.

Quote Originally Posted by Marleycat View Post
    I dunno if you saw him play in the game to celebrate Tottenhams new stadium, it was a sorry sight, never went above walking pace for the 5 minutes he was on with a belt holding up his shorts, he looked like an 70 year old man. Brought a tear to the eye, but he probably got the loudest cheer of the whole day when he came on still a legend.
    I was just taking out the how far hes fallen bit when you quoted it, I felt bad for saying it cause he is indeed still a legend. lol silly me

15+ Year Old Account
    This self appointed spokesman for the rest of the planet said "Its no wonder the rest of the planet hates your guts" I haven't seen anything like that about any other country and really goes beyond football. Hes been a cock about other countries football teams too, and hes got called out for it, but that really goes beyond football don't you think?
    Looking back I probably did jump to a conclusion a bit fast and I'll admit I was wrong. Not an excuse but I've had a wank few days in "real life". I'll try to tone it down a bit. Belgium being knocked out was actually a relief, as watching them play was more stressful than the thought of them making the semis ;P

Back on topic, Ukraine can be proud how far they got. Italy should ease past Spain, Denmark vs England should hopefully be a great match. Personally predicting an Italy vs England final, but it'll be a close call between Denmark and England I think.

Looking back I probably did jump to a conclusion a bit fast and I'll admit I was wrong. Not an excuse but I've had a wank few days in "real life". I'll try to tone it down a bit. Belgium being knocked out was actually a relief, as watching them play was more stressful than the thought of them making the semis ;P

Back on topic, Ukraine can be proud how far they got. Italy should ease past Spain, Denmark vs England should hopefully be a great match. Personally predicting an Italy vs England final, but it'll be a close call between Denmark and England I think.
    Really no problem with you Nerph, you have been posting here for years, you can disagree respectfully and have a level of objectivity that is admirable. And you know a thing or two about the game.

This guy doesn't have the wit or creativity to be funny or banter, just resorts to insults or throws in national stereotypes. He doesnt have the intelligence to have a discussion but will thrust his views on you as facts. The internet is a safe place for the uninspiring.

15+ Year Old Account
    Really no problem with you Nerph, you have been posting here for years, you can disagree respectfully and have a level of objectivity that is admirable. And you know a thing or two about the game.

This guy doesn't have the wit or creativity to be funny or banter, just resorts to insults or throws in national stereotypes. He doesnt have the intelligence to have a discussion but will thrust his views on you as facts. The internet is a safe place for the uninspiring.
    Basically I just try to treat others how I'd want to be treated, in real life or on the internet. It's nice most of the regulars in the football threads get along, with the occasional banter of course. But yeah, it's been a stressful few days my end. Seems when shit hits the fan it likes to do it all at once That said the Euros has been a helpful distraction, with some really entertaining games and major surprises!

10+ Year Old Account
    I should lash out to England more often. Nice game, deserved win and still a clean sheet (with Pickford!). The game against Denmark will be more close, with England ti be favorite with a small margin.

Just ignore the dufus. It's not like the world hates England. I just find the constant overhyping (by the media) a bit tiresome. I know most fans aren't overhyping and are more tongue-in-cheek about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    I should lash out to England more often. Nice game, deserved win and still a clean sheet (with Pickford!). The game against Denmark will be more close, with England ti be favorite with a small margin.

Just ignore the dufus. It's not like the world hates England. I just find the constant overhyping (by the media) a bit tiresome. I know most fans aren't overhyping and are more tongue-in-cheek about it.
    I just wish people would stop pretending that it's ever coming home again

Well, I would certainly rather have faced Ukraine.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    The hope at Euro 96 was euphoric, back then we didn't just dared to dream or believe. We expected it.

The loss to Germany was absolutely heartbreaking, and we didn't expect it.
    I was only 6 at the time.
    Cannot remember it. I wasn't in to football until the France 1998 World Cup.

Yes that's the way it works.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah this forum isn't what it used to be. You're weak.
    Before I go and delete this account let me set one thing straight.

Northern Europe countries and especially Scandinavians, you guys suck at football and you can't accept that Southern Europeans, with their darker skins and colours, are simply better than you at something. Your inability to consider someone superior than you at something, especially when darker, barely hides the innate low-key racism that's so characteristic of you. You suck at football, stop blaming other factors.

And to the Brits, grow a pair of balls. Everyone hates you, so what. Bask in the glory of being the world's bad guy. That's the way it has always been and always will be. Everyone hates you cause you're loud and vulgar and full of unneeded pride. At least a few years back you had the balls to reply "so what?". Now look at this. A bunch of pussies taking it personal.

Ta ta. Enjoy your respectful talks, your rainbow colours and your complete lack of balls.

Adieu

Infracted
    Last edited by Northern Goblin; 2021-07-04 at 11:16 AM.

England has the home advantage on all remaining games, which is huge, but they still wouldn't be a match against Italy or Spain unless they fuck up huge. Denmark won't be a pushover like Ukraine either, though England will make it.

England is the favourite against Danmark but I have a feeling the start of the game is gonna be vital. Danmark have started expectionally well against (atleast) Czech and Belgium and really shown their quality, but then in the second half struggled more. If they can get a goal in the beginning and keep their net untouched, then England will have to push more and can most likely not rely on the same safe approach, which have got them here.

The quality in the Danish squad should not be underrated either, and they play really well as a team. Seems like the Eriksen thing has made them stronger together and one thing is for sure, they won't give up so England have their work cut out for them.

A 4-0 victory is always good but tbf I feel it was little bit misleading. In the end of the second half Ukraine applied pressure, and to concede directly after the break will take a big toll on the spirit. So I would say 2-0 and 4-0 in this case, pretty much means the same thing but good for the players to grab some goals.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it were possible for the outcome of a match to throw out the 2 playing teams, then I'd wish for England and DK to be those "victims".

England cause their fans are unbearable. And DK, well, cause they were celebrating the win yday as if they won the Euro, and clogging up the city center in mass. Fuck'em

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    If it were possible for the outcome of a match to throw out the 2 playing teams, then I'd wish for England and DK to be those "victims".

England cause their fans are unbearable. And DK, well, cause they were celebrating the win yday as if they won the Euro, and clogging up the city center in mass. Fuck'em
    Well how much does the way the Danish fans effect you to be fair? Surely it makes it inconvenient for the people in Danmark and then there is the corona pandemic, but I can't see this as a thing to hate on the national team.

I think it's great to see them celebrate and enjoy it, its obviously a big thing for Danemark to play an Euro semifinal. The emotions of the fans and players are the things that make these international tournaments so great.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    And DK, well, cause they were celebrating the win yday as if they won the Euro, and clogging up the city center in mass. Fuck'em
    God forbid anyone be happy.