Thread: Euro 2020

Page 75 of 97 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Ffs

That wasn’t a dive

Softer penalties than that have been given, more obvious penalties haven’t

England have had the better of the last 60 mins and deserve the lead

Ohhhhh, does poor England, even after having 60.000 fans in their stadium, and next to none danish fans, still need a referee gift to win. Ridiculous.

they ran out of steam at about the 70 min mark

10+ Year Old Account
    I really wish Denmark tries to fight this VAR decision. This is some absolute bullshit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpha View Post
    He should have been booked for diving.
    Based on the discussion around Immobile, he should have been sent off.

I was convinced it wasnt a penalty when i first saw it but with each replay i they showed my focus on the feet/lower legs weakened and there was contact around hip/waist area.
    Weak, but there.

Quote Originally Posted by sayowol780 View Post
    Ffs

That wasn’t a dive

Softer penalties than that have been given, more obvious penalties haven’t

England have had the better of the last 60 mins and deserve the lead
    Man if you touch me slightly it's a contact but that doesn't mean you'll make me fall or that it's a foul even. Sterling made 1000% more out of that situation than what it should have been.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenzha View Post
    I was convinced it wasnt a penalty when i first saw it but with each replay i they showed my focus on the feet/lower legs weakened and there was contact around hip/waist area.
    Yep.

Soft penalty. But anyone who says that was a dive is displaying their own bias

this ref will never have to pay for a pint in England again

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Well that wasn’t a penalty, but okay. Denmark I think have run out of steam.
    True, still if they go out like this it's very harsh imo. When Belgium went out in the quarterfinals I felt Italy was just better, so I was like "Ok, we didn't deserve to go through there." Having your opponents getting the victory handed to them must be infuriating.

Yep.

Sorry, don't know how else to call a player that simulates getting fouled to get a penalty.
    Last edited by Mazza; 2021-07-07 at 09:26 PM.

I find it hilarous, i've been reading so many complains from english people about spanish or italian players diving / cheating. So what now?.

Yep.

Says the guy shitposting on a burner account LOL

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazza View Post
    True, still if they go out like this it's very harsh imo. When Belgium went out in the quarterfinals I felt Italy was just better, so I was like "Ok, we didn't deserve to go through there." Having your opponents getting the victory handed to them must be infuriating.
    Agree, everyone wants a fair game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Absolutely no penalty because there is no contact, and VAR should have cleared it.

https://streamable.com/czna64

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    How THE FUCK was this a penalty? More importantly, HOW THE FUCK did it go past VAR?

If this isn't blatantly fixed, I'm the pope.
    10 own goals in this tournament too hehe
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Biden is a creepy old dude, I will not be voting for the guy.
    ^ This is from a self-proclaimed Trump-hater who goes round vote-policing, berating and insulting other users for expressing their doubts and reservations about Joe Biden. He also urges others to end relationships and friendships just to "vote Trump out". https://ibb.co/2jRnZGC He can't seem to walk the talk himself.

Quote Originally Posted by quetzai View Post
    I find it hilarous, i've been reading so many complains from english people about spanish or italian players diving / cheating. So what now?.
    English fans are the worst of the world. Hypocritical, arrogant, and next to nothing to show for it, and finding ways to complain even when nothing happens. But well, England also got a damn fat UEFA bonus, with having all but one game in Wembly, during an pandemic, when nobody is able to travel to England.
    It was generally BS that seemingly the host country, not UEFA was able to choose, how many people are allowed into the stadium. Aside of course of England having also no precautions at all.

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    Absolutely no penalty because there is no contact, and VAR should have cleared it.

https://streamable.com/czna64
    Cant really see what little contact there was from that angle.
    People seem to be focusing on the first challenge where there was absolutely no contact, but not the collision of the hips with the second player.
    Weak call but definitely not nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    People seem to be focusing on the first challenge where there was absolutely no contact, but not the collision of the hips with the second player.
    Have you watched a football game before? The other player did no motion to throw him off with his legs.

Mehle didn't even touch Sterling's leg and he lunged like he hit a metal bar with both his shins. Jensen's hip barely grazed Sterling's while he was already falling and it wasn't intentional. This is the definition of a dive.

Actually, looking closer at Sterling's behaviour, it seems like he already made up his mind to go to the ground BEFORE Mehle's leg was anywhere close to him...
    Last edited by Airlick; 2021-07-07 at 09:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't see all you people complaining when Denmark scored in their last game from a corner which wasn't even a corner. Why wasn't this thread filled with complaints then?

Is it just because people wanna see England get knocked out and especially since it was Sterling who have a tendency to go down easily?

Seems like so much hypocricy here.