Thread: Euro 2020

Page 76 of 97 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post

Actually, looking closer at Sterling's behaviour, it seems like he already made up his mind to go to the ground BEFORE Mehle's leg was anywhere close to him...
    It's sterling.... he would start going to ground if a blade of grass made contact with him.

denmark been afk for the past 50+ mins, cy@

10+ Year Old Account
    Better to be lucky than good, but we won’t be beating Italy.

Quote Originally Posted by Cren View Post
    I didn't see all you people complaining when Denmark scored in their last game from a corner which wasn't even a corner. Why wasn't this thread filled with complaints then?

Is it just because people wanna see England get knocked out and especially since it was Sterling who have a tendency to go down easily?

Seems like so much hypocricy here.
    Its been proven time and time again that it was a corner.

Does it hurt so much that you cant do anything without zlatan?

I never thought I'd see the day England reached a final.

Wow!

Quote Originally Posted by Cren View Post
    I didn't see all you people complaining when Denmark scored in their last game from a corner which wasn't even a corner. Why wasn't this thread filled with complaints then?

Is it just because people wanna see England get knocked out and especially since it was Sterling who have a tendency to go down easily?

Seems like so much hypocricy here.
    You mean where they demolished Wales 4:0?

Yes mate, it's tHe sAmE SiTuaTioN

Ah no, it was against the Chechs. iirc it was shown to be a corner
    Last edited by Tsarez; 2021-07-07 at 09:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, there were some lovely hot takes in this thread, most around the 30th minute.

See you all for the final folks, it's coming home
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

I don't think the Italians have much to fear... but I don't care... it doesn't get much better than this!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Claritycraft View Post
    denmark been afk for the past 50+ mins, cy@
    They were down to 10, then 9 men for the second half of extra time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    Absolutely no penalty because there is no contact, and VAR should have cleared it.

https://streamable.com/czna64
    The only thing there is that the slow mow gives the impression that the English player starts falling before Mæhle's interception, leading one to think he capitalized on the light hip contact first.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    I don't think the Italians have much to fear... but I don't care... it doesn't get much better than this!!!!
    I think England is gonna beat Italy. England deserved to win this match it just sucks they had to win it the way they did.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Well, there were some lovely hot takes in this thread, most around the 30th minute.

See you all for the final folks, it's coming home
    It's been "home" for almost all of your games now ;D
    Italy will mop the floor with y'all mark my words.

Unless ofc they get UEFA'd

10+ Year Old Account
    By far the better team and deserved to win, but from a "penalty" like that is a disgrace. VAR is supposed to rule out cheating play and allow a full insight into challenges and decisions, not encourage diving... Disappointed with the refs big time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    I think England is gonna beat Italy. England deserved to win this match it just sucks they had to win it the way they did.
    On what basis? Italy are a stronger team, we just struggled so hard against a Danish team that literally ran out of players.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    On what basis? Italy are a stronger team, we just struggled so hard against a Danish team that literally ran out of players.
    My own take is that Denmark would beat italy aswell.

I think italy is highly overrated.

Also this is coming from a Dane so take it with a grain of salt but. Thats my take

10+ Year Old Account
    that ref needs to be investigated for corruption and bribery, cos come of those decisions were utterly shocking, he gave 1 danish player a yellow card for a foul that was so obvious to be a yellow card he couldn't not give it, and dozens of other fouls that could and should have been bookings but he waved them away, and that yellow card for harry maguire was a joke, he jumped and challenged for the ball and won the ball fairly, but i need to keep reminding myself that this is now a non contact sport, it's not like it was when i was younger, overall a very poor performance from both teams when it comes to discipline and overall sportsmanship.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    When in doubt, St. Referee will gift a penalty. As seen here. The entire tournament, is heavily rigged in England's favor already by the locations, and Corona regulations.

I think England is gonna beat Italy...
    I really hope so but we'll see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Think England will have a hard time to score against Italy. The only team they actually played well offensively was against Ukraine. Other than that they haven't really been very impressive.
    Defensively tho England have been very good! Will be very interesting to see which team will manage to score. Sadly finals are usually rather boring games, but can hope for a nice game atleast.