Thread: Euro 2020

Page 77 of 97 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    My own take is that Denmark would beat italy aswell.

I think italy is highly overrated.

Also this is coming from a Dane so take it with a grain of salt but. Thats my take
    If you think Italy is overrated you really need to wake up to reality =D

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cren View Post
    Think England will have a hard time to score against Italy. The only team they actually played well offensively was against Ukraine. Other than that they haven't really been very impressive.
    Defensively tho England have been very good! Will be very interesting to see which team will manage to score. Sadly finals are usually rather boring games, but can hope for a nice game atleast.
    We weren't good defensively, we made a lot of mistakes gifting the ball away on the 18 yard line. And any keeper who isn't 5' 2" Pickford would have saved that free kick.

Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    that yellow card for harry maguire was a joke, he jumped and challenged for the ball and won the ball fairly, but i need to keep reminding myself that this is now a non contact sport, it's not like it was when i was younger.
    Yea it’s weird to see, especially if you played back when growing up. 50/50 jump balls where always a shit show. I walked off the field one game to find a full cleat mark on my chest of the jersey, don’t recall when it happened that game but then again things got messy when defending crosses. Good times really, I do miss it especially when watching these tourneys.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RCA View Post
    Yea it’s weird to see, especially if you played back when growing up. 50/50 jump balls where always a shit show. I walked off the field one game to find a full cleat mark on my chest of the jersey, don’t recall when it happened that game but then again things got messy when defending crosses. Good times really, I do miss it especially when watching these tourneys.
    In fairness, the referees said they were clamping down on high elbows, and have given a *lot* of cards out for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Askyl View Post
    If you think Italy is overrated you really need to wake up to reality =D
    I dont actually. Its a take. Literally nothing happens if i'm wrong so i dont "need" to do anything.

I'm just not very impressed by Italy. This is basicly the first time in the cup that England has been in trouble, not exactly the same can be said for Italy

I agree with people saying about the bad penalty decision, the guy obvious took Kanes leg..... Oh wait not that one?

Seriously if that pen was against my team (or a team I hated some some weird reason) Id be a salty git too. It was soft for sure and a shame that was what ultimately decided the match. Just see too many of those given, in the PL but the officials seemed to be a lot less whistle happy in earlier rounds, but the hysteria must come from people that don't watch football.

What a feeling though! cant wait for Sunday, gonna have to keep hold of the ball a bit better or we'll be overrun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Every year I keep losing more and more interest in football because of blatantly corrupt shit like this.

I've stopped watching the Greek national league because of corruption within the Greek ref association,

Then I stopped watching Champions league when my team, PAOK, got 3 (THREE) unjust penalties against them when playing Ajax.

Now this. This is the last Euro for me.
    Last edited by hellhamster; 2021-07-07 at 09:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    I dont actually. Its a take. Literally nothing happens if i'm wrong so i dont "need" to do anything.

I'm just not very impressed by Italy. This is basicly the first time in the cup that England has been in trouble, not exactly the same can be said for Italy
    You had an easy route to the final though. Except for an extremely poorly performing Germany all the matchups were against 2nd rated nations, no insult meant.

Italy at least kicked out Spain and Belgium who were both high performers in this tournament.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsarez View Post

Italy at least kicked out Spain and Belgium who were both high performers in this tournament.
    Spain were poor, they had the easiest route of anyone, and scraped by one game on penalties.

Italy look vulnerable without Spinnazzola.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    You had an easy route to the final though. Except for an extremely poorly performing Germany all the matchups were against 2nd rated nations, no insult meant.

the person you quoted stated that he was danish, as in he is from denmark, so what the fuck does germany have to do with what he said?
    if you're gonna have a go at someone at least do it right smh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    We weren't good defensively, we made a lot of mistakes gifting the ball away on the 18 yard line. And any keeper who isn't 5' 2" Pickford would have saved that free kick.
    Well you have only conceded a single goal in 6 games and that was a freekick. No matter how you look at it, that is very impressive.

erm Spain won 1 game in 90 minutes, 2 in total. They played Poland Sweden Slovakia, Croatia, Switzerland, Id say that was a much easier draw than England...btw they played all their group games at home, as did Italy and Denmark, kinda one dimensional thinking.

I'm not from England. I'd just much rather they win then Italy. And i'm much more impressed by them then Italy.

There is no reason to start arguing all sorts of things with me about that.

Well haven't watched a full game in years but I did this one. Whether you agree with the penalty call or not. England did have more possession of the ball and had more attempts and didn't run out of energy like Denmark. Grats guys.

Best play of the game was def Mikkels shot. I thought that was going to set the tone for the rest of the game right there.

It wasn't a pen, but the right team won the match, the Danish went far too defensive in the 2nd half, England played the better football and got lucky, anything after that I don't care!

See you Sunday

Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    the person you quoted stated that he was danish, as in he is from denmark, so what the fuck does germany have to do with what he said?
    if you're gonna have a go at someone at least do it right smh.
    Replace you with they then. Can't read or memorize where everyone is from eh

it was a good game, no easy games in a semi and denmark just faded.

looking forward to the final, hoping southgates style may be more suited to playing italy than denmark

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Spain were poor, they had the easiest route of anyone, and scraped by one game on penalties.

Italy look vulnerable without Spinnazzola.
    in what fucking world was Spain poor? Spain was one of the best teams of the tournament, if not the best, just extremely unlucky.. and in what world did they have the easiest route? England had the easiest route and played at home in every game but one.. easy route, playing at home and now given a bs pen.. lmfao

Spain lost to themselves if anything, because they couldnt finish

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by josykay View Post
    When in doubt, St. Referee will gift a penalty. As seen here. The entire tournament, is heavily rigged in England's favor already by the locations, and Corona regulations.
    first off, can i get a link to the fantasyland version of the match you watched, because you're entire viewpoint is fucked, and secondly, italy have played almost all their games so far in italy, denmark prior to tonight have played most of their games in denmark, so how in the fuck does england playing on hom turf count as 'heavily rigged', would love some of the shit you have been smoking because i don't know how else you could come to such a moronic conclusion, and as for the referee, he had a piss poor game and should be investigated for potential match fixing, he denied a clear penalty against kane earlier in the match, he showed 1 yellow card to a danish player when they conceded several bookable fouls the entire game, and gave harry maguire a yellow card for challenging a fair ball in the air, if you're just trolling for bait then consider me a bite but honestly if you're being serious, you need to get your head out your arse cos you been sniffing something for too long and you can no longer see straight.