Thread: Euro 2020

Page 78 of 97 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    in what fucking world was Spain poor? Spain was one of the best teams of the tournament, if not the best, just extremely unlucky.. and in what world did they have the easiest route? England had the easiest route and played at home in every game but one.. easy route, playing at home and now given a bs pen.. lmfao

Spain lost to themselves if anything, because they couldnt finish
    Spain could only win 1 game, in normal time they played all their group games at home, and would have been more if they had won their group but they couldnt get by Sweden Slovakia and Poland despite playing them all at home, followed by Croatia and Switzerland? How can you say that draw was worse than Englands? Holy cow

10+ Year Old Account
    in what fucking world was Spain poor? Spain was one of the best teams of the tournament, if not the best, just extremely unlucky.. and in what world did they have the easiest route? England had the easiest route and played at home in every game but one.. easy route, playing at home and now given a bs pen.. lmfao

Spain lost to themselves if anything, because they couldnt finish
    Draw with Sweden, draw with Poland, flexed on Slovakia (lol) nearly choked vs Croatia, had to beat the Swiss on penalties then couldn't beat a weakened Italy.

Spain were poor this tournament, people talk about England's route to the final, Spain collapsed against the first real challenge they faced.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

England were the better team. Denmark ran out of steam around 60 minutes into the game. After that it was just a war of attrition. England won.

He went down even before contact was made
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Biden is a creepy old dude, I will not be voting for the guy.
    ^ This is from a self-proclaimed Trump-hater who goes round vote-policing, berating and insulting other users for expressing their doubts and reservations about Joe Biden. He also urges others to end relationships and friendships just to "vote Trump out". https://ibb.co/2jRnZGC He can't seem to walk the talk himself.

So I fell asleep at 85 minutes thinking that England may actually deserve to go to the final and then woke up to find out that they won with a penalty like this... Another semi-final bought in England, just like in 1966 (if you don't know what I am talking about go read about it online first).

So did any of you football experts notice the Danish goal should have been disallowed?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marleycat View Post
    So did any of you football experts notice the Danish goal should have been disallowed?
    They also didn't notice the backpass that should have resulted in an indirect free-kick to England or the 21 fouls that Denmark made compared to 10 for the same amount of yellow cards (1), or that Christensen went down like a sack of shit to win the free kick.
    Speciation Is Gradual

Well England deserved it, they were the better team, but I got furious at the penalty decision. I guess VAR can't work when the English are involved, hehe. Danemark was perhaps a little bit underwhelming, atleast in the sense that they run so out of gas that England could easily dictate the game.

Another thing that annoyed me a lot was how easily Kane fell over and got freekicks. The man is not small, but all the game he fell over from the slightest of touches. Quality player but that annoyed me. Quite amazing how Saka is having such a great tournament, when all the talk was about Sancho, Grealish (who is also having a solid one) and Foden.

But congrats England, for once you could get it made and that mentality is what you always need to have even if you got all the best players. But in the final the best team of the tournament imo waits so the real test comes now. Danemark was sometimes able to get through the midfield quite easily and the Italians will do it even better. Hoping for a great game.

Pickford doesn't give me the sense of a secure keeper and atleast not with his feet. And he always seems so pissed at everything!

10+ Year Old Account
    So now it's halfway home. It will be the birthplace of football or calcio storica.

In other news: Louis van Gaal is going to be the new manager of the Netherlands, can you believe it?

Quote Originally Posted by Marleycat View Post
    Other than the fact that it was never a free kick? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby B View Post
    Other than the fact that it was never a free kick? :P
    I'll grab your hips and shift them sideways, you lemme know if you feel abused.

Yes ENGLAND DERSERVED TO WIN THE GAME, JUST NOT IN THAT FASHION, WHICH WERE ALL semi pissed lol.

wow, for once we are not the bad guys in the final

I still believe Italy is stronger than England, but it will be a tight match

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Spain were poor, they had the easiest route of anyone, and scraped by one game on penalties.

Italy look vulnerable without Spinnazzola.

I still don't understand how it can be so difficult for non-Italian speakers to write SPINAZZOLA correctly
    just one N, just two Z

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    wow, for once we are not the bad guys in the final

I still believe Italy is stronger than England, but it will be a tight match

- - - Updated - - -

I still don't understand how it can be so difficult for non-Italian speakers to write SPINAZZOLA correctly
    just one N, just two Z
    Like spinach

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    just one N, just two Z
    I wouldn't take such offence, people can write out my email address and still spell my name wrong in the email.

Well gotta say that the English fans didn't really make any new friends last night. The laser in Schmeichel's eyes during the penalty and then the booing during the national anthem, these things are unacceptable. I know that these kind of things happen in all fan groups, but it doesn't make it any better.

It's actually quite sad, since the English team is full of exciting and nice players.

I am no fan of Italy in football but play wise they have arguably been playing the most entertaining football in this tournament, except for their annyoing timewasting and falling to the ground, but England is challenging them in the latter department. I wouldn't mind the English players winning the trophy, and the country in itself would enjoy it so much that it would be quite nice to see.

But I have a feeling that the English media and the bad part of the fans would make it quite unbearable. And regarding the bad part of the fans: I know there are these kind of fans in every fan group, but I would argue that this group is bigger than in some other countries or atleast more easily noticed. This might very well be due to the football culture in England, which is plagued by some ugly hooliganism. This has been evident at club level for ages. But I fucking love "It's coming home", to me it's more of a tournament song that just makes me excited for the whole tournament in itself.

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    They also didn't notice the backpass that should have resulted in an indirect free-kick to England or the 21 fouls that Denmark made compared to 10 for the same amount of yellow cards (1), or that Christensen went down like a sack of shit to win the free kick.
    What game did you watch?
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

Quote Originally Posted by Henx View Post
    Well gotta say that the English fans didn't really make any new friends last night. The laser in Schmeichel's eyes during the penalty and then the booing during the national anthem, these things are unacceptable. I know that these kind of things happen in all fan groups, but it doesn't make it any better.

It's actually quite sad, since the English team is full of exciting and nice players.

I am no fan of Italy in football but play wise they have arguably been playing the most entertaining football in this tournament, except for their annyoing timewasting and falling to the ground, but England is challenging them in the latter department. I wouldn't mind the English players winning the trophy, and the country in itself would enjoy it so much that it would be quite nice to see.
    Watching Kane's legs fall out under him like wet noodles when someone touched his arm was painful. He did it like 6 or 7 times and failed only once in drawing a free kick from thin air. Likewise, Sterling for the last 30 minutes did nothing except run into the box only to fall down trying to get a free penalty. Finally with the help of the home crowd yelling it got to the ref and he was fooled. England is no better than Italy in this aspect. Northern and UK based players used to have more integrity but the game has changed. Everyone is flopping and diving like an idiot now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Henx View Post

But I have a feeling that the English media and the bad part of the fans would make it quite unbearable. And regarding the bad part of the fans: I know there are these kind of fans in every fan group, but I would argue that this group is bigger than in some other countries or atleast more easily noticed. This might very well be due to the football culture in England, which is plagued by some ugly hooliganism. This has been evident at club level for ages. But I fucking love "It's coming home", to me it's more of a tournament song that just makes me excited for the whole tournament in itself.
    Seems a fairly common sentiment here, love the players, hate the fans… even worse with all the brexit bullshitters attaching themselves to it. It’s like, two matches ago you were fucking booing them you racist shit.

Urgh.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Draw with Sweden, draw with Poland, flexed on Slovakia (lol) nearly choked vs Croatia, had to beat the Swiss on penalties then couldn't beat a weakened Italy.

Spain were poor this tournament, people talk about England's route to the final, Spain collapsed against the first real challenge they faced.
    collapsed? didn't know that losing on penalties while dominating the game is collapsing.. Spain created by far the most chances this tournament and outplayed every team they faced. They lost to themselves

England scored twice in their poor group, barely won or tied every time, then beat awful Germany, flexed on Ukraine(Ukraine in the quarterfinals LMFAO) and then only won against Denmark because of an idiotic ref decisions

and all that while playing like absolute garbage for the most part. While Spain was playing by far the best football of the tournament out of any team

also everyone who understands football knew that the upper part of the bracket is much stronger and it was.. Switzerland is definitely a lot better than Ukraine

again Spain lost to themselves, England made the final because they played every game at home, had an extremely weak bracket and favorable reffing
    Last edited by Craaazyyy; 2021-07-08 at 10:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    collapsed? didn't know that losing on penalties while dominating the game is collapsing.. Spain created by far the most chances this tournament and outplayed every team they faced. They lost to themselves
    They forgot they needed to score against Italy until they conceded. Then in the second half of extra time, they just passed the ball around midfield, then moaned at the referee for blowing the final whistle.

They had one idea on how to play, and it didn’t work. I suppose it wasn’t really a collapse, but they certainly couldn’t offer anything else. Possession doesn’t mean you’re outplaying your opponent.

- - - Updated - - -

Not going to dispute England had an easy ride and played within themselves. But you can only play what’s in front of you, and given Denmark finished with 9 men on the pitch, conserving energy seems only sensible in a tournament.

We’ve not won it yet, and if we don’t win against Italy, and I don’t think we will, it’ll just be chalked up as another year of hurt.