Thread: Euro 2020

Page 93 of 97 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    England always practice penalties before a knock-out game. It's something that comes up every tournament and its something thats been explained every tournament. Its why Kallisto is literally talking nonsense over there and should stop reading The Sun. Players miss penalties, Zidane missed a penalty that won a world cup, it happens, you can score 100 in practice and miss one on the pitch.
    Jesus, you have to stop doing that shit man. It's a penalty, not a free kick. Put the round thing in the square thing. Maguire had the right idea, just smack it into the net and don't overthink it. Practice time? Whenever I heard someone say they practice penalties, my first gut reaction is "Why, can't they shoot the ball?" cos it's literally that simple.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    England should still be proud of the teams achievement. And when emotions chill I think fans will feel just that. And so will all the English players who removed the medal right after they got it.
    And hopefully there aren't too many dumbfuck fans that will spew shit, threats or racist crap.
    You're talking about football fans. You know that, right?
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Jesus, you have to stop doing that shit man. It's a penalty, not a free kick. Put the round thing in the square thing. Maguire had the right idea, just smack it into the net and don't overthink it. Practice time? Whenever I heard someone say they practice penalties, my first gut reaction is "Why, can't they shoot the ball?" cos it's literally that simple.
    Because normally theyre over-thinking it. I mean Kane had scored some 19/19 penalties until the one against Schmiecal, and then again his penalty tonight was almost perfect. The 3 guys that missed are so young too, for 2 of them at least its probably the first penalty shoot-out theyve been involved in. Its massive balls to say "Yes boss I want to take one" so youve gotta give them credit. Like I said i just hope they dont let it get to them too much, theyre all very talented players that seem to be on their way to being big stars for England.

10+ Year Old Account
    The stutter step is one of the worst things in penalty shootouts. Ronaldo does it, Pogba does it and it's fucking awful.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Well fuck! England should have won that match, we had a great start and Italy didn't seem to have any idea's how to deal with us in the first half... Second half we didn't show up, Henderson didn't look fit from the moment he came on and our attack hardly had a kick.

I'm not going to lie watching teenagers being sent up to take pen's before experienced players hurt!

All the juicy tears from the English xDDD, choked yet again and making excuses. Absolute disgrace from the fans as well (but expected obviously).

10+ Year Old Account
    You're talking about football fans. You know that, right?
    https://twitter.com/Outsiders_Footy/...550128129?s=19

Already started.

15+ Year Old Account
    Like what is this garbage again? Did England fans play the game against Denmark? What nonsense are you even sprouting? ALL footballers will play for fouls, its part of the modern game and even VAR hasnt stamped it out. And the better team won tonight? What the fuck are you even on about?
    Re-read my post, I get the feeling you didn't understand it.

1) Every English fan in this thread was defending Sterling's dive.
    2) Every English fan in this thread said they deserved to win the game because they were better than Denmark. I was pointing out that's not how sports works. Sometimes the better team loses.
    3) So because footballers will play for fouls, and the fact VAR is shit at stamping out obvious cheating/diving, we should just accept it? Okay.
    4) I'm not even sure what the "Did England fans play the game against Denmark?" statement is supposed to mean. I'm talking about how people in this thread defended Sterling's dive.
    5) I clearly wasn't talking about tonight in the first part of my post, the part you're commenting on.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post

2) Every English fan in this thread said they deserved to win the game because they were better than Denmark. I was pointing out that's not how sports works. Sometimes the better team loses.
    3) So because footballers will play for fouls, and the fact VAR is shit at stamping out obvious cheating/diving, we should just accept it? Okay.
    4) I'm not even sure what the "Did England fans play the game against Denmark?" statement is supposed to mean. I'm talking about how people in this thread defended Sterling's dive.
    5) I clearly wasn't talking about tonight in the first part of my post, the part you're commenting on.
    I feel like you've invented an argument in your head and are arguing it. Sterling went down easily for the penalty. Can you find me a game in which players on both teams have not gone down easily? Like go through every football game over the past 10 years if you must.

Im sorry, "every England fan"? I dont see me and Northern Goblin saying it at all. Once again, simply making up arguments.

No one should accept it, but if you cant live with it dont watch football, because apparently UEFA/FIFA refuses to actually deal with it.

I dunno, you just seem extremely salty and attacking people that are literally crediting Italy for outplaying us tonight and taking home a deserved win.

So funny, it had never ever been "home" to begin with and now it didn't even want to visit.... lmao...
    So happy england lost.... Worst fans in the history of sports...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post

Probably because it's not a dive. Was more contact than the free kick that set up Denmark's goal anyway.

Soft penalty yes, dive, no. A dive is when there's zero contact and you go down simulating.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Probably because it's not a dive. Was more contact than the free kick that set up Denmark's goal anyway.

Soft penalty yes, dive, no. A dive is when there's zero contact and you go down simulating.
    Ye it was a dive mate, absolute disgrace that it was given. A tragedy for the sport even after VAR... You can defend it all you want, still a blatant cheat and disgrance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsyplenk View Post
    Ye it was a dive mate, absolute disgrace that it was given. A tragedy for the sport even after VAR... You can defend it all you want, still a blatant cheat and disgrance.
    I'll take your experience in professional football matters into account then.

Yep, still contact, still a soft penalty, but a penalty. Not a dive.

Because normally theyre over-thinking it. I mean Kane had scored some 19/19 penalties until the one against Schmiecal, and then again his penalty tonight was almost perfect. The 3 guys that missed are so young too, for 2 of them at least its probably the first penalty shoot-out theyve been involved in. Its massive balls to say "Yes boss I want to take one" so youve gotta give them credit. Like I said i just hope they dont let it get to them too much, theyre all very talented players that seem to be on their way to being big stars for England.
    Kane's Penalty was the only one that impressed me, tbh. Maguire looked good, but honestly, that's just him whacking it and getting lucky he doesn't Waddle it into the stands. Kane's shot was precise and pretty darn sharply shot. I don't think any keeper could have prevented that goal. It was just too good.

Why are they going to be big stars in England? EA doing a special number on them in FIFA or something?

Yes, that's how I rate the average English fan's understanding of football.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

"Soft penalty" lmao, shit like this is why no one wanted England to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    The stutter step is one of the worst things in penalty shootouts. Ronaldo does it, Pogba does it and it's fucking awful.
    It's also useless. It's my firm belief that a good goalkeeper is not affected by it one bit. But their precision/sharpness definitely is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Iliena View Post
    Well fuck! England should have won that match, we had a great start and Italy didn't seem to have any idea's how to deal with us in the first half... Second half we didn't show up, Henderson didn't look fit from the moment he came on and our attack hardly had a kick.

I'm not going to lie watching teenagers being sent up to take pen's before experienced players hurt!
    Germany should have won the match against England. Now what? Are we going to replay the tournament?

15+ Year Old Account
    I feel like you've invented an argument in your head and are arguing it. Sterling went down easily for the penalty. Can you find me a game in which players on both teams have not gone down easily? Like go through every football game over the past 10 years if you must.

Im sorry, "every England fan"? I dont see me and Northern Goblin saying it at all. Once again, simply making up arguments.

No one should accept it, but if you cant live with it dont watch football, because apparently UEFA/FIFA refuses to actually deal with it.

I dunno, you just seem extremely salty and attacking people that are literally crediting Italy for outplaying us tonight and taking home a deserved win.
    I'm not at all salty, I think other than the semi-final England played a fantastic tournament. I just find it hypocritical to call the people who aren't supporting the English to be having "no class". And just to clear it up, I'm half English myself. Also I'm pretty sure calling it a "soft penalty" and "not a dive" counts as defending it.

I don't have anything against you personally dude, nor any English fan here, I was merely stating I find it hypocritical calling other fans classless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maguire looked good, but honestly, that's just him whacking it and getting lucky he doesn't Waddle it into the stands.
    Sure, if he didn't do the exact same penalty at the Europa League final a couple of months ago.

Also did you really question the likes of Sancho not being a big star in the future, then mention someone else's understanding of football?

TIL: People on MMO-C are actually better referees than those appointed by UEFA. Amazing actually, when did you all get your badges?

- - - Updated - - -

Like its hilarious. "English arrogance is obscene."

"Btw I know better than any England fan and also those professionals that are appointed to do their jobs. Why does no one listen to meeeeeeeeeee?"

lmao... England fans so fucking salty and pathetic they reported me... Yeh fuck off and enjoy losing you cunt wankers... hahahaha...
    Go ahead... So worth it... Now go cry some more and keep lying to yourself being delusional af how much you fucking suck as fans lol...
    Diving, laser pointers, blatant cheating... Where does it stop? hahahahahha.