Thread: Euro 2020

Page 94 of 97 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure calling it a "soft penalty" and "not a dive" counts as defending it.
    I'd rather it wasn't part of the game, but players are told if there's contact to go down. That's not an English thing, it's not even a European thing.

But there's certainly an awful lot of people crying at England for it but not seeming to be as furious with every other incident of it.

But to call it cheating is a push, it's still a foul, even if it's tame. Again, I'd rather not see it, but an attacking player doesn't owe his opponent any favours.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Not going to excuse or defend any of it... but I have to ask again, you guys know this is football fans, right? How are you surprised? The people on Twitter right now aren't even anywhere near a state that you would describe as "normal level of being pissed". They're probably gutter-level drunk. I would be surprised if most of these guys weren't ashamed of the tweets in the morning.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Not going to excuse or defend any of it... but I have to ask again, you guys know this is football fans, right? How are you surprised? The people on Twitter right now aren't even anywhere near a state that you would describe as "normal level of being pissed". They're probably gutter-level drunk. I would be surprised if most of these guys weren't ashamed of the tweets in the morning.
    Because they won't be ashamed, and I'm pretty sure they're also not drunk.

This isn't football fans, this is an underlying bunch of racists, the same people that claimed they were boycotting because the team took a knee before every game.

Probably because it's not a dive. Was more contact than the free kick that set up Denmark's goal anyway.

Soft penalty yes, dive, no. A dive is when there's zero contact and you go down simulating.
    Like the ones Sterling did against Germany couple times? That kind of dive? :P
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

Even if you are drunk af, you don't post monkeys in a player's social media without having it in you. You don't become racist just because you are drunk, they just are.

10+ Year Old Account

Germany should have won the match against England. Now what? Are we going to replay the tournament?
    The Germany that were "poor" according to everyone here, so they could claim that England haven't really beaten anyone?

How should they have won then?

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather it wasn't part of the game, but players are told if there's contact to go down. That's not an English thing, it's not even a European thing.

But there's certainly an awful lot of people crying at England for it but not seeming to be as furious with every other incident of it.

But to call it cheating is a push, it's still a foul, even if it's tame. Again, I'd rather not see it, but an attacking player doesn't owe his opponent any favours.
    I was angry when Immobile went down against Belgium, only to get up instantly when they scored. It's the part of football I despise. Maybe I should stop watching football because I refuse that it should be accepted.

I was angry when Immobile went down against Belgium, only to get up instantly when they scored. It's the part of football I despise. Maybe I should stop watching football because I refuse that it should be accepted.
    TBH, we all should stop watching major leagues, CL, etc until many actions are taken...

10+ Year Old Account
    Like the ones Sterling did against Germany couple times? That kind of dive? :P
    Both goals in that game came from open play, and your guy missed a sitter. Not sure Sterling going over easy made any difference there.

- - - Updated - - -

Funny how no one else seems to have brought that up till now, when they talk about how they wanted Italy to win because England were "cheats"

It's like when people say it's because of the fans, as if the Ultras aren't a thing.

Sure, if he didn't do the exact same penalty at the Europa League final a couple of months ago.

Also did you really question the likes of Sancho not being a big star in the future, then mention someone else's understanding of football?
    Are we talking about the same Sancho? Plays at Dortmund? Doesn't win shit in our supposedly "farmer league"? Either the English league is even worse than I think it actually is, or you're absolutely deluded.

The fact the ref didn't straight up book him made me wonder if they know the rules on simulation.

Because they won't be ashamed, and I'm pretty sure they're also not drunk.

This isn't football fans, this is an underlying bunch of racists, the same people that claimed they were boycotting because the team took a knee before every game.
    Well, if these aren't football fans, I'm not talking about them. The premise is us discussing English football fans, not random racist fucks picking up an opportune moment to do what they always do. That's even less of a surprise than football fans being crass. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Are we talking about the same Sancho? Plays at Dortmund? Doesn't win shit in our supposedly "farmer league"? Either the English league is even worse than I think it actually is, or you're absolutely deluded.
    Pretty sure he won the Supercup and the Pokal.

Slapped in 17 goals in the Bundesliga two seasons ago, and eight last season on a "bad season" Being hailed around Europe as one of the next big stars of football, hence why Dortmund slapped such a massive price tag on him.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, if these aren't football fans, I'm not talking about them. The premise is us discussing English football fans, not random racist fucks picking up an opportune moment to do what they always do. That's even less of a surprise than football fans being crass. :P
    But they're also often the people that are cited as "English fans" when people say why they hate England so much.

You can't have it both ways.

15+ Year Old Account
    Funny how no one else seems to have brought that up till now, when they talk about how they wanted Italy to win because England were "cheats"

It's like when people say it's because of the fans, as if the Ultras aren't a thing.
    Heck, after seeing replays I was even annoyed at how Doku went down in the Italy game to give Belgium a penalty. I initially thought he was pushed but after re-watching it, it was pretty much a clear dive. I just really really despise it, and when VAR was brought in I was soooo hopeful it would be the start at ruling it out, gosh was I disappointed.

And yeah, I don't think people realise how big a thing football is in some other countries. Dare I say that it's practically a religion.

The Germany that were "poor" according to everyone here, so they could claim that England haven't really beaten anyone?

How should they have won then?
    I don't think I've said they were poor. I mean they were, but England's also not the most stellar teams in the history of NT tournaments. Up until that 1:0 we were pretty equal I felt. But there you go, England did score the 1:0 and everything snowballed from there. And they deserved to win. Same as Italy did today. Not because of the penalty shoot, but because they forced England into it.

- - - Updated - - -

Agreed. Puzzles me that these things aren't an instant yellow for unsportsmanlike conduct. I'd give every player a yellow if he doesn't have torn ligaments, head injury or an actual broken bone that I can see. Actually, I'd force sub every player that requires medical attention. It's just not safe to let players play on with a potential hidden injury.

The life of a England supporter:

But yet I stay a optimist, I know football is only a game, but it is a beautiful game!
    Last edited by Iliena; 2021-07-11 at 11:39 PM.

Congratulations to Italy again, this was fun and almost reached a hundred pages (may still happen).

See you at the WC or maybe at the 2021/2022 thread for some CL matches.

Pretty sure he won the Supercup and the Pokal.

Slapped in 17 goals in the Bundesliga two seasons ago, and eight last season on a "bad season" Being hailed around Europe as one of the next big stars of football, hence why Dortmund slapped such a massive price tag on him.

- - - Updated - - -

But they're also often the people that are cited as "English fans" when people say why they hate England so much.

You can't have it both ways.
    Wow, the Supercup. I'm impressed. And the DFB Pokal. That thing we only care about to turn the actual league title into a double or triple for bragging rights? Wow, I am impressed. I think Holstein Kiel had more to do with Dortmund winning that cup than Sancho. Wow, can't believe you called me out on a fucking Dortmund player... haha, that's funny.

I don't know who's who in England. Would you like to write me a guide with 45 million names detailing who's racist and who's a racist football fan? Thanks. You said they're not football fans, not I. I don't have anything any way, I don't give a shit. They're your problem, not mine.

Wow, the Supercup. I'm impressed. And the DFB Pokal. That thing we only care about to turn the actual league title into a double or triple for bragging rights? Wow, I am impressed. I think Holstein Kiel had more to do with Dortmund winning that cup than Sancho. Wow, can't believe you called me out on a fucking Dortmund player... haha, that's funny.
    I know right, its almost like believing Haaland is a good footballer, fucking Dortmund players lul.

A lot of people really need to listen to Three Lions. Beyond the chorus I mean. Just like..listen to the first 20 seconds of it.

Then tell me it's an arrogant song.

There are certainly English fans that represent us badly. Singing that song though, no. That's not an arrogant song by any stretch of the imagination, but people who've never heard it seem to love giving England stick for it.