Thread: Euro 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Doesn't win shit in our supposedly "farmer league"?
    werner scored 28 goals in 34 games in the farmers league and 6 goals in 35 games in the proper league. lets not even joke about these things.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think I've said they were poor. I mean they were, but England's also not the most stellar teams in the history of NT tournaments. Up until that 1:0 we were pretty equal I felt. But there you go, England did score the 1:0 and everything snowballed from there. And they deserved to win. Same as Italy did today. Not because of the penalty shoot, but because they forced England into it.
    Over the course of the game today Italy were the better team, can't disagree with that. We had our chances and didn't capitalise.

Anyway folks, we told you football's coming home, we didn't say when.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    I know right, its almost like believing Haaland is a good footballer, fucking Dortmund players lul.
    Um, yeah, Haaland is a joke. So? Lewa just broke the all-time goalscorer record, and you want to throw shade with a babyface like Haaland? He might be something in 5-10 years, if he keeps working hard. We'll see. But right now, he's just a striker doing his fucking job. You want to give him medals for scoring goals? 27 is a shite record, not really something to write home about if you're the only 9 the club uses.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by klogaroth View Post
    A lot of people really need to listen to Three Lions. Beyond the chorus I mean. Just like..listen to the first 20 seconds of it.

Then tell me it's an arrogant song.

There are certainly English fans that represent us badly. Singing that song though, no. That's not an arrogant song by any stretch of the imagination, but people who've never heard it seem to love giving England stick for it.
    Um... dude... own it. Don't fucking justify why you sing the songs you think, god that's pathetic. Have you heard the Italian national anthem? It's brutal man, go read a translation. They're not kidding around.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    werner scored 28 goals in 34 games in the farmers league and 6 goals in 35 games in the proper league. lets not even joke about these things.
    Why do people throw bad player names at me like one of them is going to stick at some point? Werner is shite and the only thing I'll say to your comment is that it's pretty telling about the quality of the league if you have a club that thinks Werner is worth spending money for. Oh my god is he bad. When Bayern didn't "get" him, everyone went "Phew, dodged a fucking bullet right there..."
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Um... dude... own it. Don't fucking justify why you sing the songs you think, god that's pathetic. Have you heard the Italian national anthem? It's brutal man, go read a translation. They're not kidding around.
    I'm owning what the song is. I bought that song, in 96. On cassette tape. In more ways than one I own it. But what I own is what the song actually says.

A song that opens saying it's bad news for the English game. That we're not creative enough, or positive enough. That we'll go on getting bad results.

Why do people throw bad player names at me like one of them is going to stick at some point? Werner is shite and the only thing I'll say to your comment is that it's pretty telling about the quality of the league if you have a club that thinks Werner is worth spending money for. Oh my god is he bad. When Bayern didn't "get" him, everyone went "Phew, dodged a fucking bullet right there..."
    leagues so rich we can raid farmers leagues and buy donkeys, no bother just buy another later.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Over the course of the game today Italy were the better team, can't disagree with that. We had our chances and didn't capitalise.

Anyway folks, we told you football's coming home, we didn't say when.
    It'll happen at some point. But if you don't hurry up and need again as much as since the last WC, some of us young lads might actually not get to witness it. So... get going.

(I don't remember the last English EC title, it's prolly something in the 80s or whenever)

- - - Updated - - -

I'm owning what the song is. I bought that song, in 96. On cassette tape. In more ways than one I own it. But what I own is what the song actually says.

A song that opens saying it's bad news for the English game. That we're not creative enough, or positive enough. That we'll go on getting bad results.
    Yes, and we'll keep calling you arrogant as long as it gets the rise out of you. Why? I don't know, why do you keep bringing up WW2 whenever you play Germany... Why do we bring Umbrellas when we play Holland? Just football things, man.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    leagues so rich we can raid farmers leagues and buy donkeys, no bother just buy another later.
    Uh, okay... I'm not even sure what you're trying to brag about there. I'll stop responding to you now. Bye.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

Yes, and we'll keep calling you arrogant as long as it gets the rise out of you. Why? I don't know, why do you keep bringing up WW2 whenever you play Germany... Why do we bring Umbrellas when we play Holland? Just football things, man.
    It's a shit claim that's all. Like if you called the fans of a newly promoted side arrogant that won the opening game singing about how they're going to win the league. They know they won't, but wouldn't it be good if they did.

It's a shit claim that's all. Like if you called the fans of a newly promoted side arrogant that won the opening game singing about how they're going to win the league. They know they won't, but wouldn't it be good if they did.
    I have... no idea how you're not getting the concept of football banter...

Calling a self deprecating song arrogant is shit banter, that's what I'm saying.

Hopefully the dead weight gets culled before the next competition. (hendo, mings) and more exciting players can be put in. Garry has got to get better at making big choices. When Kanes having one of those dead weight 2nd halfs make the big call and take him off.

I think you mistook Xenophobia Nation bashing and Stereotyping for Football banter. I mean people just showed up or made accounts just for that

In the last 2 weeks that's pretty much all I've seen from the majority of posters. I mean it would be a bit easier to read if it had some insight into Football, I mean that's what this thread is meant to be about but descended into nation bashing and slurs, with about 10% football talk. Most of the people switched which teams they support on a daily basis, how embarrassing. Glad I am English and I am certainly 10% more arrogant than I was a week ago.

I guess you all can crawl back under your rock until the world cup and can start the this stuff again meanwhile there's plenty of gay rights and foreign policy threads you and your echo chamber can go continue your prejudice on in the mean time.

Seeing as this was meant to be a football thread I actually just popped on to say congrats to Italy who were the best team in the tournament think I saw one or two actual football fans that were real Italians in the thread, have fun tonight, I'm a little jealous but proud of my team.

All those or so nears....
    Last edited by Marleycat; 2021-07-12 at 12:27 AM.

It's also useless. It's my firm belief that a good goalkeeper is not affected by it one bit. But their precision/sharpness definitely is.

- - - Updated - - -

Germany should have won the match against England. Now what? Are we going to replay the tournament?
    but they didn't, just as England didn't win against Italy,.. I made that post straight after I got home after watching the match, please note the night of the match not a week or 2 after

Calling a self deprecating song arrogant is shit banter, that's what I'm saying.
    Ok, I'll bookmark this for the next time you play... against any other country, to be honest.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Marleycat View Post
    I think you mistook Xenophobia Nation bashing and Stereotyping for Football banter. I mean people just showed up or made accounts just for that

In the last 2 weeks that's pretty much all I've seen from the majority of posters. I mean it would be a bit easier to read if it had some insight into Football, I mean that's what this thread is meant to be about but descended into nation bashing and slurs, with about 10% football talk. Most of the people switched which teams they support on a daily basis, how embarrassing. Glad I am English and I am certainly 10% more arrogant than I was a week ago.

I guess you all can crawl back under your rock until the world cup and can start the this stuff again meanwhile there's plenty of gay rights and foreign policy threads you and your echo chamber can go continue your prejudice on in the mean time.

Seeing as this was meant to be a football thread I actually just popped on to say congrats to Italy who were the best team in the tournament think I saw one or two actual football fans that were real Italians in the thread, have fun tonight, I'm a little jealous but proud of my team.

All those or so nears....
    Awww, did someone do you a booboo? Want a cookie?

hahaha

/ten

Ok, I'll bookmark this for the next time you play... against any other country, to be honest.

- - - Updated - - -

Awww, did someone do you a booboo? Want a cookie?
    You know I knew this was the best response you could come up with, neverminded accountability, and you talk about my feelings jesus!

This thread devolved into a zombie apocalypse these last few pages. Well done Italy. Well done England. Final is no mean feat.

To any fans that indulged in violent or nasty behaviour through the tournament, regardless of nationality; fuck off.

To any fans that indulged in racist behaviour towards their own or opposition players, regardless of nationality; fuck off.

Congratulazioni Italia. England lost this in the second half, but that is no shame. Italy are mentality monsters and if it wasn't for Pickford, they wouldn't even have gone to extra time.

Still probably the best of England's performances in this competition.

Football is cruel isn't it.

England were good in the first 30ish minutes, Italy kept the ball but couldn't get anything done, but you could see that it started to become more and more dangerous. In the second half it was just a question of when Italy will score. So this I would put on Southgate's tactics, you can't let a team like Italy have the ball this much. It was possible for teams to turle defend against Spain because they couldn't finish, but these Italian players knew where the goal was.

Secondly I once again think England was too cautious. The first minutes of the game showed how menacing they can be, it was mostly counter attacking football but still. They should try to attack more. There were also spells when they had the ball and cause big trouble in the Italian defence after Italy's goal.

The penalty takers I would also put on Southgate. Rashford has been "cold" the whole tournament and to know that you are going in to score just a penalty must be such a burden mentally. Sancho had some more minutes earlier in the tournament but pretty much the same situation and 2 years younger than Rashford. Saka has been really good but to have a 19 year old as the fifth man in this case is not wise. As other asked: Why not Grealish and Sterling? Only reason I can really find is that they didn't want to take one, can't really see any other reason. Sterling has been getting so much shit from the media for his life outside football so perhaps he wasn't too eager to be put in this kind of situation.

It was nice to see Southgate rallying the team after the loss, proper character and the fans also applauded, were nice to see. Hopefully the English can enjoy this silver medal later on, it is no easy feat to get to the final!

Oh man, the English haters are enjoying this, aren't they.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, the Supercup. I'm impressed. And the DFB Pokal. That thing we only care about to turn the actual league title into a double or triple for bragging rights? Wow, I am impressed. I think Holstein Kiel had more to do with Dortmund winning that cup than Sancho. Wow, can't believe you called me out on a fucking Dortmund player... haha, that's funny.

I don't know who's who in England. Would you like to write me a guide with 45 million names detailing who's racist and who's a racist football fan? Thanks. You said they're not football fans, not I. I don't have anything any way, I don't give a shit. They're your problem, not mine.
    You're really trying to get people to hate Bayern fans instead of England fans.

Cant believe England once again decided to be so defensive almost the whole match. They have so many good attacking players and when they do attack with purpose and pace they are hard to stop. England was the most boring team this tourney when you look at the quality they posess, same with France.

Kane was decent when he dropped down for the build up, problem is he did this whole game. Few runs in and around the box. Dropping in and get the ball in mid should have been shared with others.

As a neutral, Italy early became the nation to cheer for. Pace, desire to attack, passion all over the pitch. Deserved the win.

Lastly, I cant believe Southgate went for Rash & Sancho to be subbed in only for pens. Rash barely played this euros, Sancho just a bit more. Statistics shows that young players score more on pens in these situations, maybe Southgate knew this? Maybe these players are best on training at pens, I dunno. I would for sure not subbed them in and instead let Henderson, Sterling, Walker, Shaw take pens.

Hopefully they dont get to much hate. This England squad is young and very talented, this wont be the last tournament they reach far.

Feel bad for the hate that Saka/Rashford/Sancho will be getting. Think Keane was spot on with his assessment that it's embarrassing that players like Grealish and Sterling (in their prime age) either didn't have the balls enough or weren't chosen to take the penalties over a 19 year old kid who might carry this miss with him for the rest of his career.