1. #1

    Will Diablo Immortal ever be released?

    I know this game has been memed to hell, and wasn't exactly well received when it was announced in blizzcon in 2018. But still, it's a mobile game that had a full working demo in 2018. It's been nearly 3 years since its announcement and we STILL don't have an official release date. I am aware that the game is in some sort of alpha now and is supposed to come out "sometime this year" but come on, it's a mobile game that already had a significant amount of work put into it, it should be out by now. And even if blizz was scared about bad publicity by releasing it, they could've released it quietly and the game still would've made a profit just due to the nature of mobile games.

    So what is going on with this game? Is Blizz trying to make the greatest mobile game of all time? Do you think the game will even be released at all, despite blizz's comments? It's just very bizarre for a mobile game to take this long to be released.

  2. #2
    The Lightbringer Wangming's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Not Azeroth
    Posts
    3,210
    It would be a waste not to release it. It seems to be a better sequel to DII than what DIII was. I especially look forward to it cause it is not really made by Blizzard.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Varolyn View Post
    It's just very bizarre for a mobile game to take this long to be released.
    I wouldn't classify the game as a usual mobile game though so wouldn't expect the same development time as one.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Varolyn View Post
    It's just very bizarre for a mobile game to take this long to be released.
    It's not rare for a Blizzard game to take this long to be released though...

  5. #5
    You’re giving what bliz wants rn.

    They are waiting for the hate crowd to subside then let the hype crowd takeover.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter3000 View Post
    How the fuck is this trolling?

    Discussing moderation is against the rules. Infracted.

  6. #6
    ugh i know I was hoping for a June release but it's not looking good. This prob my most anticipated game that "should" come out this summer.
    Member: Shadow Lands Alpha Club, Member since 4/9/2020

  7. #7
    Does anyone really care if it releases?

  8. #8
    At this point, would be even worse if it's not released. If i was in charge, i would release it only in the rast where the market for these games thrives and leave it be for west where reception was bad at start and people right now don't care anymore.
    You tried, and you failed. What have you learned? That's better not to try at all.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Usernameforforums View Post
    You’re giving what bliz wants rn.

    They are waiting for the hate crowd to subside then let the hype crowd takeover.
    I mean after D4 was announced, what's there to hate anymore?

    Immortal looks like a decent enough phone game, and the PC masterrace fanboys get their 4th instalment after all.

    Everybody wins.
    Corporate wishes everyone a happy new year

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by hambone2626 View Post
    Does anyone really care if it releases?
    Lots of ppl in china im sure. Maybe some in the west too, idk - the success of mobile gaming has proven how far standards have slipped.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by hambone2626 View Post
    Does anyone really care if it releases?
    After the success of Genshin Impact I'm sure a lot of people have reconsidered the possibilities of mobile games.

  12. #12
    The Undying Gehco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    FEEL THE WRATH OF MY SPANNER!!
    Posts
    33,662
    Quote Originally Posted by Varolyn View Post
    I know this game has been memed to hell, and wasn't exactly well received when it was announced in blizzcon in 2018. But still, it's a mobile game that had a full working demo in 2018. It's been nearly 3 years since its announcement and we STILL don't have an official release date. I am aware that the game is in some sort of alpha now and is supposed to come out "sometime this year" but come on, it's a mobile game that already had a significant amount of work put into it, it should be out by now. And even if blizz was scared about bad publicity by releasing it, they could've released it quietly and the game still would've made a profit just due to the nature of mobile games.

    So what is going on with this game? Is Blizz trying to make the greatest mobile game of all time? Do you think the game will even be released at all, despite blizz's comments? It's just very bizarre for a mobile game to take this long to be released.
    Honestly. Hope not.
    Stuff can be fixed, just get enough glue or duct tape!
    Roses are red, mana is blue. Suramar Guards, Will always find you!

  13. #13
    Does anyone care at this point?

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    It seems to be a better sequel to DII
    It technically is.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyvamp View Post
    Does anyone care at this point?
    Plenty. But if you live inside the bubble that is MMO-Champ you wouldn't believe so.

  16. #16
    Herald of the Titans Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    In the mountains
    Posts
    2,571
    I would have cancelled it shortly after the Blizzcon reveal. I listen to the people.
    Milk was a bad choice.


    2013 MMO-Champion User of the Year (2nd runner up)

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    I would have cancelled it shortly after the Blizzcon reveal. I listen to the people.
    Honestly, there is nothing wrong with Diablo Immortal. It's a fine idea, and people will play it for sure. The market is there.

    The problem came from announcing it at Blizzcon as a major event, to a hungry PC gaming group, waiting for more Diablo. It was a massive misread of your own audience. Don't you guys have phones...

    It was like announcing bread to a pack of hungry wolves. Great bread I'm sure, but wolves don't give a shit.

    If it was a minor event, or something that wasn't in the Blizzcon in the first place? I doubt it would have garnered the hate it did.
    Last edited by Santti; 2021-06-13 at 09:16 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    Money laundering, especially prior to his election? I couldn't give a flying fuck.

  18. #18
    The Lightbringer Wangming's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Not Azeroth
    Posts
    3,210
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    It technically is.
    Technically? Care to ellaborate?

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Technically? Care to ellaborate?
    I'm guessing he is referring to the time the game is set in. Between D2 and D3. So it's technically a better sequel, as it follows directly after D2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    Money laundering, especially prior to his election? I couldn't give a flying fuck.

  20. #20
    The Lightbringer Wangming's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Not Azeroth
    Posts
    3,210
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Honestly, there is nothing wrong with Diablo Immortal. It's a fine idea, and people will play it for sure. The market is there.

    The problem came from announcing it at Blizzcon as a major event, to a hungry PC gaming group, waiting for more Diablo. It was a massive misread of your own audience. Don't you guys have phones...

    It was like announcing bread to a pack of hungry wolves. Great bread I'm sure, but wolves don't give a shit.

    If it was a minor event, or something that wasn't in the Blizzcon in the first place? I doubt it would have garnered the hate it did.
    Yeah pretty much. And also to go with your analogy they didn't tell the wolves about the meat. Instead of saying.

    "Kobe beef is on the way but it takes bloody long so here you go some top quality bread to make sure you don't starve till the meat is here"

    They were like:

    "This bread is awesome and you are going to love it".

    Granted it is probably unfair for Immortal to just paint it as a diversion till IV arrives. Honestly I don't know how Diablo it will feel with most familiar characters long dead, and the action taking place on the less iconic continent.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    I'm guessing he is referring to the time the game is set in. Between D2 and D3. So it's technically a better sequel, as it follows directly after D2.
    Fair enough. But it also implies that in some ways it is a worse sequel. Granted it is not on the same platform. But Immortal seems to relate more to the DII events while DIII is actually more like a sequel to the first game. You fight the Butcher and the Skeleton king, you hang out in Tristram, you team up with Adria.

    Also Immortal has a superior paragon system.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •