Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral Smallfruitbat's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Anduin will merge with compass becoming our moral compass. He will grow tiny wings and "Hey listen" us everytime we face moral dillema.
    AND... we have the next Blizzstore pet announced. Don't forget to come back and congratulate Arrashi when it lands.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Eh, depends, if they follow Velen's vision, then Anduin is badly needed. Even more so, Turalyon announced that he wishes not to be a king or high king.
    Imagine Turalyon stating otherwise. He could say "I wish Anduin dies" as well. It's like Emperor Palpatine announcing "I love Democracy, I love the Republic!".
    Of course Turalyon has to announce that he does not wish to be king. Anything else would be usurpation. But maybe, in secret he likes being a ruler.

3+ Year Old Account
    I hope Anduin dies; remove Anduin the sooner the better
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    I know it's still in an early stage, but I can't help but not be reminded by the creepy TF2 SFM videos people loved to make in the late 2010s
    It reminds me more of those Garry's Mod machinima in the 2000s but now that you bring it up I can see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    Killing Anduin is well-meaning but pointless without a change in writing direction to take advantage of it. The only change Anduin ever needed is in how other characters and the world reacted to him, i.e that everything rotates around the bizarre morality he is the mouthpiece for, there's nothing wrong with the archetype.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by dfsdfvh View Post
    Duhh please don't spread misinformation. You probably should read the story to know more about him. His devotion to the Light is unquestionable, but never has he become a fanatic. Just look at his wife, he loves her and trusts her more than the Light itself.
    So much so that he let her get imprisoned? lol

So much so that he straight up attacked Illidan cause he “KILLED HIS HOLY WAIFU”?

Uhuh...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    NO!!!

Anduin’s the only bareable character in this fucking game!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Gathering of the champions of light (Arthas, Uther and Tirion).
    How is Arthas a Champion of Light? He ditched it immediately the first chance he got for a shiny cursed weapon. Hell, even with Liadrin it took at least severe trauma for her to abandon the light temporarily, Arthas on the other hand was just "Yeah, whatever helps me kill that guy who provoked me. ME! The unhinged undiagnosed narcissistic sociopath!"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    Hope sylvanas will not get a redemption. but knowing blizzard she will. Even though she is worse then garrosh and arthas combined.

And anduin will not be save/reunion. pretty clear by now.
    How? I mean, Arthas commited multiple Genocides for basically no reasons at all, just because he wanted to rule everything. Sylvanas at least seems to be convinced that she is fighting the shit system which is the Shadowlands, especially after from her point of view she was ripped straight out of Paradise and afterwards doomed to eternal suffering just because.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Frostmourne claimed part of Arthas' soul when he picked it up. Shalamourne could have done the same.
    He grabbed it after multiple warnings that the sword is evil, still possessed his own free will and his humanity as we learn in Rise of the Lichking and then he attempted to stab his good side to death because it was nagging him to not be a narcissistic sociopath.

Quote Originally Posted by Diaphin View Post
    How? I mean, Arthas commited multiple Genocides for basically no reasons at all, just because he wanted to rule everything. Sylvanas at least seems to be convinced that she is fighting the shit system which is the Shadowlands, especially after from her point of view she was ripped straight out of Paradise and afterwards doomed to eternal suffering just because.
    Her plan is contingent on sending everyone she kills to hell.

Euuuhh not completly.

Arthas was indeed going off the deep end. But by manipulation of dreadlords, and liches ( part of jailors plan). The whole horde fell for it following sylvanas. So did the alliance not noticing some stuff.

Then he got frostmourn/lk armor. And we do not know how much control he had left by that time. Anduin sure does look a lot like arthas did back then. And we know frostmourne was cursed and spoke to arthas. So blizzard can easy retcon that into a anduin 0.0 version. So while i think arthas was not a good person. His situation is very simmilar.
    He wasn't manipulated that much as in enabled to follow his worst tendencies. At every step of his paths, his friends, loved ones and benevolent strangers try to get him off that path he is walking on, but he never listens to them and instead opts for at every opportunity take the most evil choice he can. His characterization in WC3 as a Paladin is basically the guy in SWTOR who jumps at every option which grants him any dark side points. Then it was pretty much confirmed that Arthas always kept his own free will and that he even had his humanity intact, as it naggs at him multiple times not to be a monster, which he ignores until enough is enough and he literally stabs his childlike representation of goodness in cold blood. We know how much control he had, he had all the control and ample of opportunities to repent and turn away from evil. Hell, even Tirion tried to safe him in Wotlk, until he had to accept that there is just nothing good left in Arthas.

Hell, why am I the only person who actually played the game, did the quest and read the book?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    Her plan is contingent on sending everyone she kills to hell.
    Because the Jailer convinced her, that he is the good guy. Have you noticed that in Arthas story, there is never anybody who tries to convince him that the Scourge is actually trying to accomplish something benevolent that it is just misunderstood and he plays along still no matter what?

Side note: a lot of people hinging on Anduin's 'goodbye'. A primary character saying goodbye (truly believing it's the end) and then miraculously being saved is a common trope. So yes, this could be his goodbye but doesn't mean it's final.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    Barely anyone unironically still likes Sylvanas.
    I don't think so. I mean, people here on this forum don't like Sylvanas, but this forum is also full of the kind of neckbeards who call other people neckbeards while suffering from a crippling addiction to a game they do nothing but complain about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Imagine Turalyon stating otherwise. He could say "I wish Anduin dies" as well. It's like Emperor Palpatine announcing "I love Democracy, I love the Republic!".
    Of course Turalyon has to announce that he does not wish to be king. Anything else would be usurpation. But maybe, in secret he likes being a ruler.
    Eh, Turalyon really does not give a ruling vibe.

- - - Updated - - -

How is Arthas a Champion of Light? He ditched it immediately the first chance he got for a shiny cursed weapon. Hell, even with Liadrin it took at least severe trauma for her to abandon the light temporarily, Arthas on the other hand was just "Yeah, whatever helps me kill that guy who provoked me. ME! The unhinged undiagnosed narcissistic sociopath!"
    He was considered to be one before his turning, and he is the only dead other than Tirion with a connection to Uther, unless they bring in an unknown family.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    So much so that he let her get imprisoned? lol

So much so that he straight up attacked Illidan cause he “KILLED HIS HOLY WAIFU”?
    Xe'ra was about to kill/torture Alleria in that moment and Turalyon was ready to die with his wife. He was in no position to bargain with Xe'ra, he served her after all. Asking for mercy literally the only thing he could do. And if you say why Turalyon didn't just screw Xe'ra and leave with Alleria, I'm sorry to say you have no sense of loyalty or responsibility at all. Beside would Xe'ra let them depart after everything she has seen?

His initial reaction when Illidan blew up Xe'ra was actually justified. Now, the scenario where "Well, Illidan just blew up my mentor, my commander whom I served for a thousand years and I think it just fine!" is actually ridiculous and make absolutely no sense. Which humanbeing has the ability to do that? He has never met Illidan, he doesn't know him. To him, Illidan is just a random guy showing up in middle of chaos. How would you expect him to act like it's all normal and well at all. He attacked Illidan at first, but how about what come afterward? Did they turn out just fine and then working together toward an end?

P/s: As a guy who has literally follow Alleria and Turalyon since WC2, I can't help but have a vague feeling that every person who claim Turalyon is a Light zealot/fanatic only do that to fit their own headcanon of a scenario where Turalyon serve as main villain/antagonist for the expansion to come. But the truth is: He has never been one. If you look for a potential villain/antagonist of whom involve Turalyon, it should be Alleria. A manipulative, ruthless and cruel human being, her disdain for human, she fit so much more for an anti-hero/antagonist role than Turalyon and I would love to see if they explore it.
    Alleria Windrunner's BIGGEST fanboy. Will defend her no matter what!

Xe'ra was about to kill/torture Alleria in that moment and Turalyon was ready to die with his wife. He was in no position to bargain with Xe'ra, he served her after all. Asking for mercy literally the only thing he could do. And if you say why Turalyon didn't just screw Xe'ra and leave with Alleria, I'm sorry to say you have no sense of loyalty or responsibility at all. Beside would Xe'ra let them depart after everything she has seen?

His initial reaction when Illidan blew up Xe'ra was actually justified. Now, the scenario where "Well, Illidan just blew up my mentor, my commander whom I served for a thousand years and I think it just fine!" is actually ridiculous and make absolutely no sense. Which humanbeing has the ability to do that? He has never met Illidan, he doesn't know him. To him, Illidan is just a random guy showing up in middle of chaos. How would you expect him to act like it's all normal and well at all. He attacked Illidan at first, but how about what come afterward? Did they turn out just fine and then working together toward an end?

P/s: As a guy who has literally follow Alleria and Turalyon since WC2, I can't help but have a vague feeling that every person who claim Turalyon is a Light zealot/fanatic only do that to fit their own headcanon of a scenario where Turalyon serve as main villain/antagonist for the expansion to come. But the truth is: He has never been one. If you look for a potential villain/antagonist of whom involve Turalyon, it should be Alleria. A manipulative, ruthless and cruel human being, her disdain for human, she fit so much more for an anti-hero/antagonist role than Turalyon and I would love to see if they explore it.
    Yeah, when your "mentor" forces Alleria through either a death sentence or a prison sentence for simply using the Void, and if your mentor forces some baseless "prophecy" on a guy who's clearly shown to have had pure distaste for using the Light and is much better off using the Fel than anything else, then something tells me your mentor's kind of a douche. Loyalty to serve ones blind and one sided cause is practically zealous. Really.

Not to mention there's probably a very clear reason as to why we're learning of this Dreadlord plot now...

Guess who Turalyon's champion is. :/

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not saying Turalyon is going to be or stay as an antagonist, but I am saying he'll do some zealous shit, and likely be manipulated by Lothraxion.

Quote Originally Posted by HeraldofSargeras View Post
    Maybe they are saving up flashbacks for that.
    Hopefully they don't trash the story even further by being like "AHA Anduin really was Arthas' son all this time".
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

A manipulative, ruthless and cruel human being, her disdain for human, she fit so much more for an anti-hero/antagonist role than Turalyon and I would love to see if they explore it.
    Well, one, Alleria's not human, but secondly - she's not "cruel" or "manipulative". She's always been very pragmatic and ruthless, yes, but I don't' think she's ever been evil at all.

how/why?

his first one was to stop a zombie plague. We have seen enough movies and in lore seen enough what happens if you do not deal with the scourge.
    And you did not read my second part or played W3. or WoW for that matter. its strongly suggested that dreadlords and frostmourne corrupted him. And even said ingame. So for how much was arthas at the wheel?
    But lets say he was ( he was not in my eyes): He did lordearon and silvermoon a work over.

Sylvanas has been in control the whole time. Hell even garrosh was not happy with her. She did teldrassil, darkshore and ashenvale bad. She caused many deaths. AND she caused all the souls of the death to become fuel for the jailor instead of being send to the correct afterlive.

And that justify's all her bad actions because she does not agree with the system? to kill and take away many people's (after)lives? lol

- - - Updated - - -

He wasn't manipulated that much as in enabled to follow his worst tendencies. At every step of his paths, his friends, loved ones and benevolent strangers try to get him off that path he is walking on, but he never listens to them and instead opts for at every opportunity take the most evil choice he can. His characterization in WC3 as a Paladin is basically the guy in SWTOR who jumps at every option which grants him any dark side points. Then it was pretty much confirmed that Arthas always kept his own free will and that he even had his humanity intact, as it naggs at him multiple times not to be a monster, which he ignores until enough is enough and he literally stabs his childlike representation of goodness in cold blood. We know how much control he had, he had all the control and ample of opportunities to repent and turn away from evil. Hell, even Tirion tried to safe him in Wotlk, until he had to accept that there is just nothing good left in Arthas.

Hell, why am I the only person who actually played the game, did the quest and read the book?
    Dude if you read the quests and played w3 . its told that the sword had a curse. If you played the game you would see that the dreadlords/liches pulled his strings. planned all of it.
    Not saying he is a good guy, he made bad choices.
    But for instance. Stratholm could have been a nightmare and a run amuck scourge invansion if he did not stop it. In the dungeon its show that they started to turn while he was killing them.

So yes he is bad. But all i am saying is that the curse blade and armour that has been shown in shadowlands can be used to control anduin have the same excat effect on both of them. Think anduin fighting it more shows anduin is a better person then Arthas.

Secondly. I am not saying arthas or garrosh are good. I am saying in comparison to sylvanas they are choir boys. She willfully joined with the jailor. She caused several conflicts and deaths of major lore characthers. She started wars, burned zones to a crisp. Started camps of death. Killed her own people because some wanted to join the alliance/their familys even the ones that where not trying to join the alliance. She took away the afterlive of many of them.

So if you ask me from bad to less bad it goes: Sylvanas > arthas > garrosh.

how/why?

his first one was to stop a zombie plague. We have seen enough movies and in lore seen enough what happens if you do not deal with the scourge.
    And you did not read my second part or played W3. or WoW for that matter. its strongly suggested that dreadlords and frostmourne corrupted him. And even said ingame. So for how much was arthas at the wheel?
    But lets say he was ( he was not in my eyes): He did lordearon and silvermoon a work over.

Sylvanas has been in control the whole time. Hell even garrosh was not happy with her. She did teldrassil, darkshore and ashenvale bad. She caused many deaths. AND she caused all the souls of the death to become fuel for the jailor instead of being send to the correct afterlive.

And that justify's all her bad actions because she does not agree with the system? to kill and take away many people's (after)lives? lol
    You have to understand. The system is wrong. There is not enough suffering.
    Imagine how many undead Waifu we would have if we do a genocide every 2 years.

I agree Arthas is evil, but Stratholme was fully justified. Had Uther had his way, all that would have happened is people get ripped apart by undead and become undead themselves, rather than killed before they could turn. His passive do nothing would have been more cruel.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    I agree Arthas is evil, but Stratholme was fully justified. Had Uther had his way, all that would have happened is people get ripped apart by undead and become undead themselves, rather than killed before they could turn. His passive do nothing would have been more cruel.
    If Uther and Jaina had helped Arthas. He would not have been reaped so much by the thirst for revenge and you would have returned without grabbing the sword.

It is because of things like this that W3 is beautiful. Moments of Conflicts where all roads are wrong.

On the other hand, in WoW it is clear what needs to be done. Just none of the characters are brave or good enough to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by geco View Post
    If Uther and Jaina had helped Arthas. He would not have been reaped so much by the thirst for revenge and you would have returned without grabbing the sword.

It is because of things like this that W3 is beautiful. Moments of Conflicts where all roads are wrong.

On the other hand, in WoW it is clear what needs to be done. Just none of the characters are brave or good enough to do it.
    Why do people keep saying this? If anything, if they helped Uther and Jaina would also be members of the Scourge. They will have proven once and for all they would follow Arthas to the ends of the earth and maybe they could even bring Muradin with them.

Falric and Marwyn wouldn't even be a thing because they wouldn't need to exist.
    Last edited by arcaneshot; 2021-06-12 at 06:35 AM.