Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    Or that’s not the point at all and Anduin’s written as the King Arthas was SUPPOSED to be?
    You literally have no proof of this, no more than anyone saying that Arthas is the father. There's plenty of information for both arguments hence that neither is more true than the other. So stop trying to pretend to be superior with your opinion lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

This is just Blizzard's way of conveying story.
    It will be Anduin giving away a secret or 2, which eventually leads us to the raid.
    The "goodbye" within the file name is most likely a red herring. ...Or named from Anduin's perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Tartys View Post
    We save him.

What brother me.. probably one of the most iconic Blizzard chacarter will die here... I am talking about Sylvanas.

it should be a moving, touching and even glorious moment... instead this leak shifts the focus to Anduin, when we know we save him (and the Arthas soul as well putting his soul in the right place) using the hint into the Compass. And the Compass will be the true hero of this expansion.
    Well that's an opnion at best.
    I agree Sylvanas's death should be memorable... but i'm thinking more along the lines of Hector (Trojan war).
    Last edited by Zmagoslav; 2021-06-14 at 05:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    Citation needed. The only confirmation we have is the people he struck with the weapon were fragmented to my knowledge.
    Muradin read the inscription on the dais: "Whomsoever takes up this blade shall wield power eternal. Just as the blade rends flesh, so must power scar the spirit." - "The Scourge of Lordaeron: Frostmourne (Warcraft III)", Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos. Blizzard Entertainment

Remember Matthias Lehner in WotLK?

"Not much is known about Matthias. It is speculated by some that he is the embodiment of the last piece of Arthas' humanity, which was banished when the Prince took to the Frozen Throne and became the Lich King, the name "Matthias Lehner" being an anagram for "Arthas Menethil." This theory gains support in Arthas: Rise of the Lich King where an unnamed blond-haired boy exists in Arthas' mind, urging him to reject Ner'zhul's influence. This theory is further acknowledged in Edge of Night, when Sylvanas sees Arthas as a little blond boy forever tormented in the afterlife of shadows."

Do you recall how we fought him and Nerz'hul when we claimed the shards of Frostmourne?

"The Blades of the Fallen Prince subzone is a spiritual realm inside the Blades of the Fallen Prince where a player is transferred into to cleanse the artifact weapon formed from the shards of Frostmourne from powerful spirits Echo of Arthas Menethil and Echo of Ner'zhul that remain within the blades.

It is identical to the spiritual realm inside of Frostmourne."

All things pretty much point to that. That mournblades tear the soul.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    2. Anduin dies, but after he dies and after the raid, Players pick up his Compass which still resides in his pocket. We place it at his burial site in Korthia, which results in this cinematic playing, especially of Zovaal and his future plans.
    Anyone else is getting Horcrux vibes from that?

I mean, he could have placed part of his soul in the compass before he dies/or before being transformed.

That's why, if i remember correctly, Jaina says in the cinematic "oh Anduin, you clever boy" or something like that...

Quote Originally Posted by Diaphin View Post
    He grabbed it after multiple warnings that the sword is evil, still possessed his own free will and his humanity as we learn in Rise of the Lichking and then he attempted to stab his good side to death because it was nagging him to not be a narcissistic sociopath.
    Yes, and....?

Sylvanas was not in control? Uther?
    They are implied to have their souls ripped apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    There has been a lot of speculation about Anduin being Arthas and Jaina's child using actual lore from various books and games. Including timelines of Anduin's birth/pregnancy coexisting with trips from Arthas to Stormwind.
    I was one of that speculators, but apparently Anduin was already born by the time Arthas and Jaina were reunited in stormwind for some first time love-dovey action.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Never even thought of that.. I secretly hope Blizzard still follows Velen's vision on that one..
    Blizzard are weird, they yo yo too much, they probably throwing Anduin under the bus because of the hate towards him, but forgot they did Velen's vision.

Med'an is a prime example how they simply erase characters if the community don't take to them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beloren View Post
    Blizzard are weird, they yo yo too much, they probably throwing Anduin under the bus because of the hate towards him, but forgot they did Velen's vision.

Med'an is a prime example how they simply erase characters if the community don't take to them.
    Well, the thing is, Anduin, unlike Med'an, is already a more public visual creation, won't be as easy. Then again, Anduin's storyline is mostly surrounded by light and unity, so if he dies and brought back like Calia, a new chapter for the Forsaken could be, and could also explain why Calia, the Captain, and Voss all are not taking leadership roles but guidance roles.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    I was one of that speculators, but apparently Anduin was already born by the time Arthas and Jaina were reunited in stormwind for some first time love-dovey action.
    I'm just not going to take one way or the other on the matter until it's official either way, especially with how Blizzard has been retconning left and right. There have been way too many hints towards the Anduin and Arthas connection with in game cutscenes since last expansion for me to feel comfortable saying "yes" or "no".
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

I'm just not going to take one way or the other on the matter until it's official either way, especially with how Blizzard has been retconning left and right. There have been way too many hints towards the Anduin and Arthas connection with in game cutscenes since last expansion for me to feel comfortable saying "yes" or "no".
    Maybe his mum banged Arthas in an extra marital triste

10+ Year Old Account
    I think more the hints in the cutscenes are more due to the connection of their path.

Both were believed to become prominent members of the light, both were expected perfection, both have lead an assault on Lordaeron, both have been in contact with domination magic, both have been turned, and both have been granted the hilt of a Mournblade.

The only difference is, one had more choice than the other.

As for their parentage. Anduin Llane Wrynn, we know by all the written lore in-game and out of the game, is the son of Varian Wrynn and Tiffin Ellerian Wrynn. There is no proof, no lore, nothing backing up another parentage than what we know.

And I doubt it will be good publicity to claim that Tiffin was not that noble or loyal as she's been described for so long.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2021-06-14 at 08:40 AM.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

This comes after Sanctum of Domination, and the compass is the last thing left of Anduin

I know, right?

I, literally, made a thread about it:
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...-Anduin-s-Lies

He, literally, pauses when he says "My Father" in the Legion Alliance epilogue, before completing the sentence "King Varian Wrynn"...

And I doubt it will be good publicity to claim that Tiffin was not that noble or loyal as she's been described for so long.
    I don't believe people say it was tiffin, but Jaina.

Quote Originally Posted by Diaphin View Post
    And just talking about it I feel shows how much Blizzard since then forgot what made Warcraft such an interesting genre. It was the total Anti-Lord of the Rings setting. Orcs were noble shamanistic warriors trying to redeem themselves from their pasts while the humans fell to evil or were actually antagonistic racists, which the good human character trying to make peace with the Orcs.
    I don't think Blizzard forgot about it. I think the opposite is the case. Blizzard was so successful with their evolution of the Warcraft setting from WC1 and WC2 where Orcs are unambiguous bad guys and humans are the good guys to the setting you described, that they tried to retread the same steps over and over again (minus the racism). We've had two expansions now (3 if you count warlords) focusing on the horde dealing with an identity crisis caused by some atrocity they've committed. Whenever we're not preoccupied with stopping the devil (Sargeras) or the devil 2.0 (the Jailer) everything reverts back the origin story of the modern Warcraft setting. These tropes have become utterly stale and Blizzard is unable to move past them.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't believe people say it was tiffin, but Jaina.
    Except, Varian has not shown any sign of interest in Jaina, at all. Arthas, Kael'thas, and Kalec have.

As well, still nothing supporting anything else than the mother being Tiffin.

Except, Varian has not shown any sign of interest in Jaina, at all. Arthas, Kael'thas, and Kalec have.

As well, still nothing supporting anything else than the mother being Tiffin.
    Didn't mean Varian, either, but Arthas.

Particularly, this picture:

I don't know if they have birth control in this universe, but they definitely shagged.

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't mean Varian, either, but Arthas.

Particularly, this picture:

I don't know if they have birth control in this universe, but they definitely shagged.
    Maybe but if anything, we've not seen anything developed from it.

Bloodsail Admiral Smallfruitbat's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    The Kirin Tor probably have an understanding with a discrete alchemist to take care of such things.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    I don't think Blizzard forgot about it. I think the opposite is the case. Blizzard was so successful with their evolution of the Warcraft setting from WC1 and WC2 where Orcs are unambiguous bad guys and humans are the good guys to the setting you described, that they tried to retread the same steps over and over again (minus the racism). We've had two expansions now (3 if you count warlords) focusing on the horde dealing with an identity crisis caused by some atrocity they've committed. Whenever we're not preoccupied with stopping the devil (Sargeras) or the devil 2.0 (the Jailer) everything reverts back the origin story of the modern Warcraft setting. These tropes have become utterly stale and Blizzard is unable to move past them.
    Isn't it quite the opposite then? That they constantly revert the Horde back to the old evil Horde which does evil while the noble human Alliance of Lordaeron now located in Stormwind which is basically the same but with more lions safes the day? Like in WC2? It seems more like people at Blizzard never got over WC2.

Turalyon? You mean the guy so blinded by the light that he tried to slay Illidan? No thanks. We’d all be legion food now if he had succeeded

Maybe but if anything, we've not seen anything developed from it.
    Or so we think

Quote Originally Posted by Smallfruitbat View Post
    The Kirin Tor probably have an understanding with a discrete alchemist to take care of such things.

Just like a pharmacy.

Quote Originally Posted by Souflikar View Post
    Turalyon? You mean the guy so blinded by the light that he tried to slay Illidan? No thanks. We’d all be legion food now if he had succeeded
    What did Illidan do to stop the Legion after opening the protal?
    What did Illidian do besides opening the protal in the entire Legion?

10+ Year Old Account
    Or so we think
    Well, no, we don't think. We know that we've not seen anything. And if anything, then we have not yet been introduced with any shred of background for it.Though, if anything, it would be some random teen in Dalaran.