Thread: Elden Ring

Quote Originally Posted by segara82 View Post
    Armour in this game is a joke. My character wears Scale Armour, and still gets two-shot by bosses. I might as well switch back to my Astrologer set, then at least i could roll faster.
    You really only want armor for poise. Many of the enemies attacks cannot cancel your attack and knock you down after certain break points. My first playthrought when the game launched. I did dual colossal sword and i had 67 poise by the end. My jumping attack could go uninterrupted in most situations, even against Rodagon id have enough poise to finish the hit before i get knocked down against some of his attacks.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2022-05-18 at 10:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    pretty sure that godfrey is father of godwyn morgott and mohg, or at least the cinematic seems to imply that
    Fairly sure too, however thought it was an interesting theory, more based on GRRM and his part works, nothing really solid in game to build it on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

Since I stopped playing Elden Ring I have not been able to get into any other games. I've tried, but just feel burned out. I haven't played a game since that really drew me in. I believe this has to do with the complexity level, length, and amount of mental energy I spent on Elden Ring. Someone used the term "Elden Ring Hangover" and I think it is really astute. I have it. I have no doubt it will subside, and I have felt this way with one other game(Personal 5 Royal) but it wasn't this bad. Either way, just thought it was interesting. I've been subbing in various TV shows during my gamning hours to cover the downtime, lol.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2022-05-25 at 07:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    Since I stopped playing Elden Ring I have not been able to get into any other games. I've tried, but just feel burned out. I haven't played a game since that really drew me in. I believe this has to do with the complexity level, length, and amount of mental energy I spent on Elden Ring. Someone used the term "Elden Ring Hangover" and I think it is really astute. I have it. I have no doubt it will subside, and I have felt this way with one other game(Personal 5 Royal) but it wasn't this bad. Either way, just thought it was interesting. I've been subbing in various TV shows during my gamning hours to cover the downtime, lol.
    I understand your feelings. I played Jedi Fallen Order, and it was good, but compared with Elden Ring... So now I am playing Elden Ring again! And enjoying it a lot, already finding stuff that I left unexplored even if I got the platinum on my first playthrough. But cannot wait for the DLCs man.
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    Same here, I tried playing Assassin's Creed Odyssey but I just felt like a math PhD attending kindergarten math class playing it.

I eventually gave up on it. Gonna take a while before Elden Ring fades out from memory, until that time basically every videogame will subconsciously be compared to it and fall short, and I will be disappointed.

I will pick up Outer Wilds next whenever I feel like it, heard exceptional things about it.

Quote Originally Posted by minteK917 View Post
    You really only want armor for poise. Many of the enemies attacks cannot cancel your attack and knock you down after certain break points. My first playthrought when the game launched. I did dual colossal sword and i had 67 poise by the end. My jumping attack could go uninterrupted in most situations, even against Rodagon id have enough poise to finish the hit before i get knocked down against some of his attacks.
    What's the Poise cap for the endgame?

Level 70 STR Build. Been doing the colossal weapons builds but i've recently found dual greaswords to be better. with erdtree's favor and the talisman from killing the jar champions, i can even put on a greatshield to switch with my left greatsword.

is it worth buying elden ring right now or wait for a discount? there hasnt been one yet, do u think there will be summer sale including elder ring in june? should i wait 1 month more or it wont happen anyway, so im better off buying the game now?
    i5-6600 3.3GHz|16 GB RAM|GeForce GTX 1070
    EVE Online referral link: https://www.eveonline.com/signup/?in...a-e190e6a28fd5|receive 750,000 Skill Points
    Star Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    is it worth buying elden ring right now or wait for a discount? there hasnt been one yet, do u think there will be summer sale including elder ring in june? should i wait 1 month more or it wont happen anyway, so im better off buying the game now?
    Elden Ring was one of my rare full price purchases (it and Hades are the last ones I recall in recent memory). Without a doubt was worth it to me personally. As hyped as this game is you may have to wait til Black Friday sales to catch a steep discount.

Quote Originally Posted by SavoirFaire View Post
    Elden Ring was one of my rare full price purchases (it and Hades are the last ones I recall in recent memory). Without a doubt was worth it to me personally. As hyped as this game is you may have to wait til Black Friday sales to catch a steep discount.
    They've already had it on legit websites for 45 bucks, don't see why there wouldn't be someplace with it on sale over the summer.

i decided to buy the game and try it. in worst case i can refund it within 2hrs. during the beta there was another class available that isnt here. wolf smth, he was medium armored with some kind of sword. why is that?

also does fighting with a katana and a bow in the other hand as a samurai make me have other moveset than without the bow? should i put it away or smth?
    EVE Online referral link: https://www.eveonline.com/signup/?in...a-e190e6a28fd5|receive 750,000 Skill Points

i decided to buy the game and try it. in worst case i can refund it within 2hrs. during the beta there was another class available that isnt here. wolf smth, he was medium armored with some kind of sword. why is that?

also does fighting with a katana and a bow in the other hand as a samurai make me have other moveset than without the bow? should i put it away or smth?
    the game was changed between the network test beta and full release, one such change was the removal of said class.

as for the weapon-related question:
    you have 3 options of how to use weapons.

1st is in one hand with anything else in the other hand.
    that way, you get the regular 1-hand moveset.
    using R1 and R2 will use your right-hand weapon, L1 uses your left-hand weapon.

2nd is holding the weaon in both hands, done by holding Triangle and pressing R1 for the right-hand weapon or Triangle+L1 for left-hand weapons.

3rd is holding a weapon of the same type in each hand (e.g. 2 katanas)
    this will give you the regular 1-handed R1 and R2 attacks, but by pressing L1 you get an attack with both hands, called powerstancing.

each of those has their own advantages and weaknesses, learning when to use which is part of the fun of the game.
    Last edited by Narzok; 2022-05-31 at 09:15 AM.
    The above mentioned remarks, ideas and notions are simply my thought on this topic. I do not wish to aggravate, denounce or criticize anyone who, for whatever reason, may disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Narzok View Post
    2nd is holding the weaon in both hands, done by holding Triangle and pressing R1 for the right-hand weapon or Triangle+L1 for left-hand weapons.
    im playing on PC with a 360 controller. is yellow Y the equivalent of triangle? then i cant do it for some reason. my samurai just keeps using the katana one handed as if he held the shield, even if theres nothing in the other hand.

- - - Updated - - -

ok, nevermind, it works.

whats the appeal of playing online? its only fucking annoying to me to see bloodstains all over the place. also seeing other players 'ghosts' is immersion breaking.
    imagine other singleplayer games showing where other players currently are. what the fuck do i care?

whats the appeal of playing online?
    People like to PVP, they enjoy the communal aspect of secret sharing or misdirection, bloodstains can also inform you of certain mistakes other make before you do the same.

It's all opt-in so, up to you if you like PVP and the aspect of playing alongside rather than with others.

The seemless co-op mod is honestly amazing. It is a bit buggy (as to be expected since it's in beta) but my friend and I have done about 3 hours and it has been incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    The seemless co-op mod is honestly amazing. It is a bit buggy (as to be expected since it's in beta) but my friend and I have done about 3 hours and it has been incredible.
    is it your whole normal character, or do you have the glow of like one of the factions? I always hated the glow.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    is it your whole normal character, or do you have the glow of like one of the factions? I always hated the glow.
    there is a talisman to be normal
    12/6/2009 -23/11/2020 rip little deathstalker Ferretti. proud forsaken, enemy of the livings

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    Every player just looks like a regular player, there's no glow. I think the way it works is that every player is essentially the host as far as the game is concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    there is a talisman to be normal
    Very true, I did forget that, but talisman slots are so precious and I already make tons of power sacrifices for fashionsouls, not sure I want to add more to it haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Every player just looks like a regular player, there's no glow. I think the way it works is that every player is essentially the host as far as the game is concerned.
    Good tip. Might by a second copy for the PC.

I'm thinking to buy this game on my xbox, is it an MMO like ESO?

Quote Originally Posted by Vampiregenesis View Post
    I'm thinking to buy this game on my xbox, is it an MMO like ESO?
    They support having a few friends with you (even permanently now instead of only short durations like when the first game released), but it's not an MMO in the traditional sense at all. Very small party sizes. Your world instance is yours. You can see "ghosts" of other players running around, but they aren't affecting or impacting your world.