Thread: Elden Ring

Page 4 of 123 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpcat View Post
    Looks like a generic asian styled action game with dated graphics. I don't understand where the hype is coming from. Is it because of Martin's involvement?
    Have you been living under a rock?

10+ Year Old Account
    It is sad to see so many shallow players who only care about "omg it is not current visual graphics" like really?

Since when graphics are the fucking most important thing in video games? there is a reason why older Final Fantasy games are so memorable and so loved by the players more than the modern ones like FF13 or FF15. Gameplay, fun, story, lore, sound tracks and the world the overall and polish bugs free what makes a game a masterpiece not a god damn pure graphics..

I am so excited for this...must....resist....and wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    It is sad to see so many shallow players who only care about "omg it is not current visual graphics" like really?

Since when graphics are the fucking most important thing in video games? there is a reason why older Final Fantasy games are so memorable and so loved by the players more than the modern ones like FF13 or FF15. Gameplay, fun, story, lore, sound tracks and the world the overall and polish bugs free what makes a game a masterpiece not a god damn pure graphics..

Tbf. I thought i looked allright but the protagonists hair just stood out like a sore thumb... it looks and acts really weird. With these harsh lines and edges. Could not tak my eye of it. And if you play game where you constantly see the PCs head this should at least blend in.
    Rest is ok imho.

Still. You could have told me look at the new Dark Souls Trailer and i would not have questioned it to be anything else^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    Tbf. I thought i looked allright but the protagonists hair just stood out like a sore thumb... it looks and acts really weird. With these harsh lines and edges. Could not tak my eye of it. And if you play game where you constantly see the PCs head this should at least blend in.
    Rest is ok imho.

Still. You could have told me look at the new Dark Souls Trailer and i would not have questioned it to be anything else^^

Fair enough but you do know that it has a character creation similar to the dark souls series and Bloodborne so if one helm looks ugly that is not a big deal at all.

Fair enough but you do know that it has a character creation similar to the dark souls series and Bloodborne so if one helm looks ugly that is not a big deal at all.
    Oh no not the helm. The hair itself. Or was that supposed to be part of the helm?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    Oh no not the helm. The hair itself. Or was that supposed to be part of the helm?

I am not 100% sure but I do think it is part of the helm yeah.

wut? final fantasy were always graphic monster. damn, ff7, that is probably the most remembered, was so big mostly because was one of the first 3d jrpg xD
    12/6/2009 -23/11/2020 rip little deathstalker Ferretti. proud forsaken, enemy of the livings

Honestly, my question is, if you were disappointed in the trailer, how do you feel about Dark Souls 3 and Bloodborne?

Are you aware of the fanatic cult following of the Souls series and reading subtext for this game realized that it was a new souls-like IP like Bloodborne, from From? I have known this, really even without any evidence, since the game was announced. That long we've waited, this is not news.

It makes me think you don't like the Souls games or Bloodborne, and are disappointed because this is actually another game made for that cult following along the same lines.

I'm the opposite, if this wasn't a new Souls-like game and if they changed the formula up too much, like in Sekiro, I would have been very disappointed.

See, the thing is, these games aren't really the same. Look within the community. You will learn very quickly that the games have wildely different fanbases. Do you think Dark Souls 2 and Bloodborne and Sekiro are a copy/paste of the same game, clones of the same quality? It may look that way from the outside, but once you start playing these games the experience is vastly different.

In the end, my question would be, for those who critique the games, do you love the Dark Souls series and Bloodborne? I'd be interested to see the correlation there. I wonder if there are any huge Dark Souls 3/Bloodborne fans in this thread who were disappointed in the trailer?
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2021-06-11 at 01:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    Honestly, reading some critiques makes it sound like yall just dropped into the gaming universe yesterday.

Are you not aware of the fanatic cult following of the Souls series and reading subtext for this game realized that it was a new souls-like IP like Bloodborne, from From? Like, not knowing that is my first red flag. I have known this, really even without any evidence, since the game was announced. That long we've waited, this is not news.

It makes me think you probably haven't even played the souls games and don't like them because of some perception about their difficulty and were hoping for a game you could get excited about, since you hate souls, and are disappointed because this is actually another game made for that cult following along the same lines and not the new Kings Quest you imagined?
    I think almost all of us are aware of the cult surrounding the souls series and it's off-shoots, many of us just outed ourselves as not being part of the cult.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I think almost all of us are aware of the cult surrounding the souls series and it's off-shoots, many of us just outed ourselves as not being part of the cult.
    I think that is 100% fine. This game is definitely targeted towards those fans.

Thing is, lots of people have tried the Souls games and disliked them because of their difficulty or other reasons. I can understand those people being disappointed. I'm just trying to gauge if the fan base itself is disappointed, or just the general audience who probably already has an opinion about the Dark Souls games, not necessarily fans.

Also, I edited my original post because it was definitely a little overly harsh. I'm a big From Software fan myself, not gonna lie.

As a huge Souls fan, this is a wet dream. It's Dark Souls 4 that's more open world, some stealth mechanics, if I saw the trailer correctly, mounted combat and bloody jumping. Although we didn't see too much, there was noticeable combat mechanic improvement as well. They've been sticking with the same formula and improving it little by little with each iteration, and that's all I really want out of a FromSoft game.

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    Exactly.

I have no idea why so many people get caught up on the concept of things needing to constantly change. Like... nah. I could play 100 games with souls-like combat that just have different worlds/lore/bosses/weapons/builds. The baseline combat itself at could never change and it would still be interesting.
    I'm just surprised how very Dark Souls the world looks. If you told me this was Dark Souls 4 instead of a new IP, I'd believe you. It's not a problem, I'll still probably play it. I just thought that it would be something a bit more different because it's a new IP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    wut? final fantasy were always graphic monster. damn, ff7, that is probably the most remembered, was so big mostly because was one of the first 3d jrpg xD

I was talking about the ones before FF7 actually which I find them better games as JRPG than modern 3D later ones because the focus was mostly about the world, story, and the enjoyment of gameplay instead of "wow shiny graphics" which was unfortunately the major shift focus of the later ones.

Art direction is crazy, graphic means shit to me, art direction is what matters. How many low graphic amazing looking masterpiece do we need until we realize this is the true thing. Far cry, crysis all these games with like ultimate graphic for their time, look like shit because it has no art direction for the most part, just ends up looking like bland generic shit just few years down the line. This, like all other from soft games, will be remembered for the level design, enemy and boss design and the music. If you can do both, nice for that dev, almost none are able to pull all of this together.

I was talking about the ones before FF7 actually which I find them better games as JRPG than modern 3D later ones because the focus was mostly about the world, story, and the enjoyment of gameplay instead of "wow shiny graphics" which was unfortunately the major shift focus of the later ones.
    i mean, the same could be said about ff6. probably one of the best looking snes game xD
    even the other had pretty good graphic for their time...
    12/6/2009 -23/11/2020 rip little deathstalker Ferretti. proud forsaken, enemy of the livings

People keep confusing "MMO" with "The game will be a bit more open-world than prior From-Soft games." It's sorta weird.

i mean, the same could be said about ff6. probably one of the best looking snes game xD
    Yup. I agree with the sentiment that you don't need top of the line graphics but Final Fantasy is a bad example. Square has always been at the forefront of pushing graphical capabilities out of the current hardware. Except I guess with their spinoffs or handheld remakes, which tend to be more about art style.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never played Dark Souls but watching this and then googling it, because I thought it was a DS expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never said the graphics were bad or not great during the 90s and the 80s era like FF4 or FF5 or FF6

I said their focus wasnt just about graphics and shiny stuff. The visuals are mostly secondary while plot and characters and the world building with gameplay are the first prio.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks good, From never put much effort into their trailers but this one looks great.

I'm sure the game will be phenomenal like every single game they made.
    Last edited by hellhamster; 2021-06-11 at 08:52 PM.