Thread: Elden Ring

Page 46 of 123 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    There is nothing even remotely close to frozen outskirts aids in this game and the roll is the exact same as it was in DS3 there is no ADP shenanigans in this game like DS2, and since it's like DS3 it's also quite a bit faster then DS1 roll.
    Then you haven't found it yet would be my guess. It's an optional area that's a bit tricky to get to.

And I never had the trouble dodging attacks in DS3 like I do in this game. There's a small delay on it. I don't know if it's just a console thing or in all versions. The best way I can describe it is in DS3 I hit the roll button and roll. And in ER I hit the roll button and then I roll.

Got the Mimic Tear summon to +10 and yeah, this thing is no joke. If you want easy mode this is it lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Waiiittt how'd you get her to give you one?

And i heard it was more by going to the plains
    Found her shack from exploring, was past some boss in a cave that had an exit beside the blue light to leave the dungeon back to entrance. Later was in the nearby village when I randomly rolled into a pot while dodging an enemy, an noc disguised... gave me the medallion to give it to her, did so and she became an Ash summon.

Got a +7 mimic summon and used it on the Godskin Duo to make it a fair 2 v 2. Only took a few attempts to get them down. Now there's another large disconnect between me and the many people I'm seeing saying it was the worst boss in the game. Honestly, the Fire Giant was worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Got a +7 mimic summon and used it on the Godskin Duo to make it a fair 2 v 2. Only took a few attempts to get them down. Now there's another large disconnect between me and the many people I'm seeing saying it was the worst boss in the game. Honestly, the Fire Giant was worse.
    Fire giant? Interesting... Think the hate for godskin duo, which I share, is that it's a duo fight.
    What was bad about the fire giant? Felt like a scenic fight for me.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Fire giant? Interesting... Think the hate for godskin duo, which I share, is that it's a duo fight.
    Well I didn't use any summons for the giant but his problem was mostly the problem I have with most giant fights. Assuming you are melee, you have to spend the entire time wacking away at their ankles and are left practically blind to what their upper body is doing thanks to the game's crappy camera system. Makes avoiding attacks or even learning them that much harder.

Funny enough though, the time I did actually manage to kill him, it was nearly a no hit kill somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by minteK917 View Post
    On another note, finished all the bosses, was struggling with Malenia for two hours lol. Went bleed curved great sword, fuck her. Wasent pretty but worked. Bleed of a katana to rip her hp and the poise damage of a bigger weapon. Got her down like 6 times for the kill. The wave dancing shit is the most annoying ability in any of their games.
    2 hours? I'm still stuck on her...fun fight, but if I don't pre-bait the wombo combo skill I'm as good as dead since the first attack isn't dodgeable afaik. It's too long and tracks even behind her... the other 2 follow ups are tight but doable. Feels good to dodge those tho.

Still trying to learn her 2nd phase spirit attack thingy. Can dodge them but if I dodge one I can't dodge the next due to timings... no idea what to do there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Well I didn't use any summons for the giant but his problem was mostly the problem I have with most giant fights. Assuming you are melee, you have to spend the entire time wacking away at their ankles and are left practically blind to what their upper body is doing thanks to the game's crappy camera system. Makes avoiding attacks or even learning them that much harder.
    Ah yeah, am melee so I know that feeling... Felt like he has roughly the same kind of tells as the other giants with their glowing ankles so usually when I see his legs / thigh move downwards I dodge shortly afterwards.

Is it a fight at the same time or one after the other? If it's the first I never want to find that fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Thestrawman View Post
    Is it a fight at the same time or one after the other? If it's the first I never want to find that fight.
    at the same time. Plenty of duo boss fights though, so if this is your first I'm actually surprised

The best answer is to summon either ashes or friendlys. Though I know many want to kill bosses solo because it sure does feel better... but duo fights can be frustrating for it. Summoning for them though usually cheapens it so I don't get that satisfaction really. Though I do get the "finally fkn over" feeling.

at the same time. Plenty of duo boss fights though, so if this is your first I'm actually surprised
    No, I found the fight where it's one then the other. Just wanted to make sure and prepare for the hell that'll be.

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    They added easy mode. It's called a world map.
    Id like to add on to this, you can toggle easy mode by grinding the open world and leveling up as well as using magic to get by.
    DRAGONFLIGHT BETA CLUB

Quote Originally Posted by Usernameforforums View Post
    Id like to add on to this, you can toggle easy mode by grinding the open world and leveling up as well as using magic to get by.
    Eh. That stuff was all in the older games.

Hello. I'm playing on ps5 and when I walk around at an even pace I get a regular stutter every second or so. It's not massively noticeable but it's definitely there.

Would really appreciate if someone could go to Limgrave (near the start) and walk close to a bunch of rocks. I see a stutter every second and a half, maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Dudenoso View Post
    At least it's better than gigantic bosses in small arenas. Looking at you, Ulcerated Tree Spirit on Fringefolk Hero's Grave.
    I found the Sellia Crystal Dungeon in Caelid to be particularly terrible in that department. It's the one you can get trap teleported to from Dragon-Burnt Ruins just south from the starting dungeon. I was clearing stuff in southern Caelid after Caria Manor and near the end of my clear I got there to have my revenge. I cleared most of the stuff while trap-teleported as it was (missed some smithing materials and a ladder shortcut to unlock) so it was just the boss. Even before I realized there was a ladder to kick down the run up to the boss was easy enough and not only because the ant caster fucks initially sleep when you enter the dungeon normally, but because my stats now made it almost trivial.

But the boss... Dear god, I hate "animal" bosses (or even normal mobs, fuck the rune bears) that flail around all over the place in general, but the Fallingstar Beast in that mine boss takes the cake. On some tries it charged at me immediately, trapping me in the narrow doorway with me being unable to see shit. And even that aside it took the flailing to the next level of annoying.

On another note, I take it that the northern Caelid is supposed to be a much higher level area even compared to the southern Caelid. Took down two bosses with cheese there and both gave me three levels worth of runes. The Erdtree Avatar was standard "run around mounted and smack it with Rock Sling" but the Elder Dragon was some next level of cheese material. You can simply hit its tail that's five meters away from a site of grace and the 50 small dragons that roam around the Elder Dragon's head won't aggro you. And since the Elder Dragon itself is immobile keeping Night Maiden's Mist up and hitting it with a bleed weapon made it die a shameful death.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    Flark me, does anyone know how to beat the mage academy boss as a caster?

Cuss
    I used wolves to distract her (also helpful in P1) and then smack her with Rock Sling when she was focusing on wolves, Great Glinstone Shard when she was focusing on me since it's faster and Glinstone Arc when she summoned her own wolves. I'm still using the (Magic) Twinblade. Though I picked up some interesting alternatives in Liurnia region. In general the entirety of Liurnia is sorcerer heaven. Great unique weapons that scale with int, tons of new spells, sorcery-related talismans, good looking armor that fits a caster thematically and the (admittedly, shit-looking) helmets that boost int by 3/6 points. The only disappointment was lack of caster-oriented Great Rune.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Is anyone playing ER PS4 Version with the ps5? I want to know how common that is before I consider it, lol. I really like how smooth it is, but is that weird to do?

10+ Year Old Account
    Fashion Souls

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Fashion Souls

Does anyone know how the defence stats actually work? Like say I have 160 Defense and 19 damage negation, I assume the latter equals how much less dmg you take from such attacks in % ie 19% less damage but what does the former defence stat do?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Found her shack from exploring, was past some boss in a cave that had an exit beside the blue light to leave the dungeon back to entrance. Later was in the nearby village when I randomly rolled into a pot while dodging an enemy, an noc disguised... gave me the medallion to give it to her, did so and she became an Ash summon.
    Ahhh ok. I found her and she just hated my guts saying she had nothing for me since a tarnished killed her partner...I had assumed i screwrd up or was missing something..

Also heads up to anyone doing volcano manor DO NOT kill the boss until questlines done or it locks you out completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Ahhh ok. I found her and she just hated my guts saying she had nothing for me since a tarnished killed her partner...I had assumed i screwrd up or was missing something..

Also heads up to anyone doing volcano manor DO NOT kill the boss until questlines done or it locks you out completely.
    Figured that out too late lol.