Thread: Elden Ring

Page 51 of 123 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    What!? But there is a tower there, and I am sure that there is a way to climb it.

This is driving me insane. That tower, it taunts me.
    That tower is connected to Renna and Fia's quest lines. Once you are far enough to Renna's quest line she gives you an item that turns the tower upside down, then you can get to the top but it's just an item for Fia's quest line up there the great rune is already activated it just gives you the power to respec.

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    The light attack the last boss does that chases you, flies up in the air and then streams down on you is something I never really understood how to dodge
    The 'rain' can simply be outsprinted. The big swirly balls that floats around you thing idk, i got lucky my mimic took that hit on my kill.

Quote Originally Posted by dlld View Post
    The 'rain' can simply be outsprinted. The big swirly balls that floats around you thing idk, i got lucky my mimic took that hit on my kill.
    I too am curious as to how to dodge that attack. I’ve now had a few kills on that boss and I still have no idea how to dodge it.

I’m sure you can though, since there will no doubt be no hit runs.

Final boss...beautiful as hell... annoying to fight as melee... just a shit ton of running.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

10+ Year Old Account
    I have reached the red blood plagued lands of Caelid. Definitely a boost in difficulty. Dungeons are harder, some monsters are harder. Maybe it is time to upgrade a little more. Rolling just +5 weapons atm

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Final boss...beautiful as hell... annoying to fight as melee... just a shit ton of running.
    Does it put you into NG+ right away? Just want to double check.

Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    Does it put you into NG+ right away? Just want to double check.
    No, like DS3 it asks first.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post

Anyone knows if there anything special with these pillars? Seen them spread across all sort of places and they always tend to stick out a little like they are there deliberately.
    I still have no idea about what those are. Can someone explain?

Bit the bullet and got it, too many friends gushing over it. Rolled a Samurai and bows are as shit as ever, at least early on. Oh well, back to traditional STR/DEX build. Maybe some Int for those summons I heard about.

PC controls are a notable step down from Sekiro I find. And the interface assumes you use a controller which I always found incredibly stupid in Souls games. I got stutter in the very first area but it's a lot less bad now. Using a gamepad and I'm still beyond terrible with it but shuffling buttons around helped a bit. I'll have to really try KB&M at some point, it's how I beat Sekiro after all.

I went immediately south of the starting area since I heard the first couple bosses near the castle assume you level grind some. Highlights include falling to my death due to horse half a dozen times, finding a prison (evergaol?) of some kind with a boss that slaughtered me in a single combo so I noped out of there, cleaning a bridge of guys on a sliver of health thus feeling proud of myself and then having some giant fuck-off bear spawn right on top of me after killing some random dude, I fled for dear life I can tell you that. Now I'm at the weeping peninsula which seems a noob area and thus perfect for me.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Bit the bullet and got it, too many friends gushing over it. Rolled a Samurai and bows are as shit as ever, at least early on. Oh well, back to traditional STR/DEX build. Maybe some Int for those summons I heard about.

PC controls are a notable step down from Sekiro I find. And the interface assumes you use a controller which I always found incredibly stupid in Souls games. I got stutter in the very first area but it's a lot less bad now. Using a gamepad and I'm still beyond terrible with it but shuffling buttons around helped a bit. I'll have to really try KB&M at some point, it's how I beat Sekiro after all.

I went immediately south of the starting area since I heard the first couple bosses near the castle assume you level grind some. Highlights include falling to my death due to horse half a dozen times, finding a prison (evergaol?) of some kind with a boss that slaughtered me in a single combo so I noped out of there, cleaning a bridge of guys on a sliver of health thus feeling proud of myself and then having some giant fuck-off bear spawn right on top of me after killing some random dude, I fled for dear life I can tell you that. Now I'm at the weeping peninsula which seems a noob area and thus perfect for me.
    Anywhere in Limgrave is mostly safe. Some of the Evergaol summon area bosses are really hard (Crucible Knight killed me countless times). If you ever see giant bears with likes runes on their chest you should probably just run away from them. They have an attack with almost zero ramp up that can one shot your horse or you, and generally aren't worth the effort.

I just played melee through my first play through using zero range weapons or spells, aside from the low MP summons that you can get. Casters from what I heard are REALLY strong, and there are certain bosses I wish I wasn't so pigheaded on and actually bothered to use ranged attacks (even if it was just a bow).

Best tip is the game is so open and you get rewarded for exploring. If you can't kill a boss or area of monsters, just go somewhere else. I can't even give a number of how many POI you can actually visit prior to killing the first real boss of the game, but it's a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    I still have no idea about what those are. Can someone explain?
    I’ve only noticed them around bosses. I was thinking some kind of boss rush mode where you would get teleported to them but after not hearing about anything like that perhaps there is a lore reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Anywhere in Limgrave is mostly safe. Some of the Evergaol summon area bosses are really hard (Crucible Knight killed me countless times). If you ever see giant bears with likes runes on their chest you should probably just run away from them. They have an attack with almost zero ramp up that can one shot your horse or you, and generally aren't worth the effort.

I just played melee through my first play through using zero range weapons or spells, aside from the low MP summons that you can get. Casters from what I heard are REALLY strong, and there are certain bosses I wish I wasn't so pigheaded on and actually bothered to use ranged attacks (even if it was just a bow).

Best tip is the game is so open and you get rewarded for exploring. If you can't kill a boss or area of monsters, just go somewhere else. I can't even give a number of how many POI you can actually visit prior to killing the first real boss of the game, but it's a lot.
    Yeah, it was a bear with runes on its back, and after seeing that a flaming arrow didn't even tickle its health bar I just ran the fuck away as fast as horsey could carry me.

The evergaol boss was some hunched knight with a sword in one hand and a claw in the other. I tried him a couple times actually but was killed far too fast to bother. As you said, this is clearly the sort of game where you're encouraged to come back and beat the shit out of him after doing something else and I'm all for it. I kinda wish the bear spawns on top of me when I'm level 90 with god-slaying weapons and I just make a rug off him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dlld View Post
    I just use the beam attack on bosses, it does a ton of damage for the fp cost and stat reqs (i think the actual spell needs 60int) if you stand reasonably close as its damage tapers off over range. More importantly it's a big 'one' hit burst which allows the mimic to retake aggro then rinse repeat. As melee having to stand there and bash bosses in the back they will likely 360noscope you after you get in a hit or two for fuck all damage.
    That is EXACTLY why it is my boss sword lol.

The Moonveil just works better for m3 on trash/when speeds required

I think something's broken with Ancient Dragon Lansseax's AI. It spent the entire fight using just three blade attacks and two breath attacks and other than that just slowly walked after me. It even merrily ignored my Lhutel smacking its ass the entire time. I got hit more by some idiotic ram that aggroed me for some inane reason than the boss. Hell, I got more damage taken from random lightning from the electric flowers striking me than the boss.

What!? But there is a tower there, and I am sure that there is a way to climb it.

Well, not to climb it per se...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was enjoying the game and found it firm but fair for the most part. That changed the minute the treasure chest from the Burnt Dragon
    Ruins sent me to the Sellia Crystal Mines.

Now I was hoping FromSoft wouldn't pull cheap bullshit like this anymore, but boy was I wrong. Starting you off in a room with enemies
    that have a ranged multi-projectile attack on top of you, to the bottom of you, and even up above further than you, not including the mobs
    that although slow, do have a charged AoE (albeit small) attack is just pure fucking bullshit.

Had to look up how to escape online cause like how I would've figured out how the fuck to get out of there considering the bullshit they
    have surrounding you.

I don't mind walking into a bad situation, but I do mind being forcibly taken to and then thrown into a really cheap position.

Welp, first boss of the first side dungeon I visit is a gank fight. Think that's enough From Soft bullshit for today.

Has the stuttering on PC been fixed?

- - - Updated - - -

Also, how are the Covenants?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really notice much stuttering at this point. During certain weather events in the open world I see some frame drops, but nothing massive.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Has the stuttering on PC been fixed?
    I don't know if the devs ever threw out an update yet for the PC problems, but there was a fix on Reddit that worked for me. Something about setting the game to high priority in Windows.

Actually a good lesson for the game itself and their refusal to do any handholding that I'm not entirely convinced isn't just them being lazy: Don't expect the game to address anything, be expected to look stuff up on 3rd party websites.

10+ Year Old Account

Do quests/sode areas you can go further in that tower

I also would have liked if combat was a little closer to the aggression & fluidity of Bloodborne but had the vertical depth of Sekiro. Perhaps also are.oveey World Tendency system as well.

I feel From are kinda lazy game designers. They have a core set of good mechanics, well used but they work. Though as often they just say, "Eh, whatever."

I keep thinking about this in contrast to Sekiro, DS3 and ER.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, yea. The Jellyfish summon is outrageous.