Thread: Elden Ring

Page 88 of 123 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    I mostly used magic...Still damaged him

And for the orb chasing if it's the one i'm thinking if..yeeah i got hit but mostly ran around.

So my question is what is your vigor at? And are you using a trinket like the sorseal that increases damage taken?

Also lol no 180 is NOT enough for softcaps in elden ring. They are at 80 for all damage stats and similar for vigor. I don't even have ine stat at 80 i spread em out so much(hell mind was just high enough for the blackblade summons)
    The softcap for vigor is 40. Theres a second one at 60.

No, I'm not an idiot and using soreseal.
    at 180 you could have something like 60 vigor, 40 mind, 40 endurance, and 80 of damage stat
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Who cares if the build works on Elden Beast? The fight is just not fun, pure and simple. Undodgeable attacks, constant waiting around since it ports away from you, weird hitboxes, bad camera.

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    What? No. I just disproved your claim of requiring 8 minutes to kill Radagon.
    If I read his original post correctly he was saying Radagon and phase 1 of Elden beast were 8 minutes, not radagon alone.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    Who cares if the build works on Elden Beast? The fight is just not fun, pure and simple. Undodgeable attacks, constant waiting around since it ports away from you, weird hitboxes, bad camera.
    This. This is the problem.

it's a bad fight that does not ask you to take things you learned in the game and overcome the final challenge. Instead, it is a weird, idiosyncratic, near-gimmick fight.
    -ynnady

It is supposed to be a challenge right? It's the last boss in a gigantic game. Usually the last boss of most rpgs is a total pushover because you can literally power up to max before fighting it, maybe they were just trying to make him difficult, since you do only need to beat this challenges one time each. Is one single boss really that upsetting to yall in a game this large? Maybe the last boss was their way of suggesting you to do all the content in the game in order to power up before the fight?

The only people who really should be frustrated by that is someone who was trying to rush through it because they really didn't like the game and were ready to finish/not having fun before the boss fight. When I hate a game, I act like this, mad at anything keeping me from finishing. When I love a game, I don't want it to end, and a hard last boss is something I'd be proud of, not angry over.

Also, I suggest respecing if you have trouble. I'm not at the last boss yet, but I have respecced before for the God Eating Serpent combo boss, and went from dying pretty easy to a complete cake walk. You get like 10 respecs per playthrough, if you are at a boss where you build doesn't work, you can SO EASILY just change it. I have had an easy time with this game so far because I have played smart and used all tools at my disposal without worrying about saving respec shards or keeping any one build. Just cheese it with your mind. Fight a boss, find out why you are dying, and problem solve. It really is the best part of the game.

NEVER try to outskill something, never. Law of large numbers guarantees your error rate will likely make that a losing or at best frustrating strategy.

There are two types of players. The type that will die a few times to a boss, mark a skull on the map, and come back later. The other type, who will beat their head against the boss until they win, without ever considering problem solving first. The latter can burn out on ER, easily.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2022-03-25 at 06:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    Well when the guy is claiming you need a specific build to beat the fight, I think people for the sake of defeating absurd hyperbole care. There is no specific build needed to beat Elden Beast, and it's an easy fight but annoying for melee based characters. Undodgeable attacks would also be false. There is literally 1 undodgable attack in the game, and that is a gimmick with Mogh that you can mix a wonderous flask to counter. Last I checked Elden Beast wasn't named Mogh so...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    It is supposed to be a challenge right?
    Well then it's a failure because it's not. It has a shit camera for melee characters until you learn you can just tunnel if you're behind it on it's tail and if you're not on it's tail to be watching with the really crappy camera for space magic.

Elden Beast is a shit fight, Elden Beast is not a hard fight. If anyone takes more then a handful of attempts on it if they enter the fight with decent resources post Radagon then they should probably go to sleep for the night and come back when they aren't a zombie.

A 2nd Radagon phase would of been way better then Elden Beast and probably far more challenging.

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    This. This is the problem.

it's a bad fight that does not ask you to take things you learned in the game and overcome the final challenge. Instead, it is a weird, idiosyncratic, near-gimmick fight.
    Its also following up their best final boss.

Personally its not my favourite but i would have left Elden Beast as an optional fight along with Marika and ended the game at the Hailigtree instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    The softcap for vigor is 40. Theres a second one at 60.

at 180 you could have something like 60 vigor, 40 mind, 40 endurance, and 80 of damage stat
    More like 60 int, 35 vig 20 str. 28 fth, 25 dex 23 mnd next to no arcane.

It's pretty damn scattered tbh but lets me swap to whatever i may want or need.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Well when the guy is claiming you need a specific build to beat the fight, I think people for the sake of defeating absurd hyperbole care. There is no specific build needed to beat Elden Beast, and it's an easy fight but annoying for melee based characters. Undodgeable attacks would also be false. There is literally 1 undodgable attack in the game, and that is a gimmick with Mogh that you can mix a wonderous flask to counter. Last I checked Elden Beast wasn't named Mogh so...

- - - Updated - - -

Well then it's a failure because it's not. It has a shit camera for melee characters until you learn you can just tunnel if you're behind it on it's tail and if you're not on it's tail to be watching with the really crappy camera for space magic.

Elden Beast is a shit fight, Elden Beast is not a hard fight. If anyone takes more then a handful of attempts on it if they enter the fight with decent resources post Radagon then they should probably go to sleep for the night and come back when they aren't a zombie.

A 2nd Radagon phase would of been way better then Elden Beast and probably far more challenging.
    The Elden beast fight is widely considered extremely problematic and bad, so get the chip off your shoulder with the git gud horseshit.
    -ynnady

I think all of these areas are great:

Painted World
    The entire DLC
    Catacombs
    Demon Ruins
    New Londo
    Duke's Archives
    Kiln of The First Flame

The only areas that I think are really weak in the last third are Tomb of the Giants, Crystal Cave, and Lost Izalith. Crystal Cave is very short and Izalith can be skipped.

I think the idea that the DLC is "shit" as you describe it is absolutely insane.
    why are you comparing the dlc if there isnt still the possible ER dlc?
    and whats good about demon ruins? copy pasted taurus demon? copy pasted capra demon? copy pasted ass demon now with fire? a long ass corridor with a shortcut for a covenant with magma pools and a side dead end for a ember?
    and kiln? a long corridor with 5 farmable black knights with arguably the worst last boss (i mean, des one is bad, but at least its the point of the encounter)?
    12/6/2009 -23/11/2020 rip little deathstalker Ferretti. proud forsaken, enemy of the livings

It is supposed to be a challenge right? It's the last boss in a gigantic game. Usually the last boss of most rpgs is a total pushover because you can literally power up to max before fighting it, maybe they were just trying to make him difficult, since you do only need to beat this challenges one time each. Is one single boss really that upsetting to yall in a game this large? Maybe the last boss was their way of suggesting you to do all the content in the game in order to power up before the fight?

The only people who really should be frustrated by that is someone who was trying to rush through it because they really didn't like the game and were ready to finish/not having fun before the boss fight. When I hate a game, I act like this, mad at anything keeping me from finishing. When I love a game, I don't want it to end, and a hard last boss is something I'd be proud of, not angry over.

Also, I suggest respecing if you have trouble. I'm not at the last boss yet, but I have respecced before for the God Eating Serpent combo boss, and went from dying pretty easy to a complete cake walk. You get like 10 respecs per playthrough, if you are at a boss where you build doesn't work, you can SO EASILY just change it. I have had an easy time with this game so far because I have played smart and used all tools at my disposal without worrying about saving respec shards or keeping any one build. Just cheese it with your mind. Fight a boss, find out why you are dying, and problem solve. It really is the best part of the game.

NEVER try to outskill something, never. Law of large numbers guarantees your error rate will likely make that a losing or at best frustrating strategy.

There are two types of players. The type that will die a few times to a boss, mark a skull on the map, and come back later. The other type, who will beat their head against the boss until they win, without ever considering problem solving first. The latter can burn out on ER, easily.
    I've killed every other boss, I'm 135-ish, and I've tried four or five different specs and I'm at least 60 tries deep on Elden Beast.

I've also done minimum level and no death runs of every Dark Souls game and BB.

I have almost killed Elden Beast twice during all those runs. Why? Because the RNG gods blessed me with no unblockable auto-death situations in those two runs. I can get Elden Beast to under 50% without taking one hit from Radagon or the Elden Beast. Then I get orb nuked and die.
    -ynnady

10+ Year Old Account

I am both but overall agreed. Usually i'll swap gear/items and strategies as i bash my head..but if none of those work i'll probably come back later

Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    why are you comparing the dlc if there isnt still the possible ER dlc?
    You said everything after O&S is shit. I was pointing out that it isn't. What does that have to do with Elden Ring DLC?

and whats good about demon ruins? copy pasted taurus demon? copy pasted capra demon? copy pasted ass demon now with fire? a long ass corridor with a shortcut for a covenant with magma pools and a side dead end for a ember?
    and kiln? a long corridor with 5 farmable black knights with arguably the worst last boss (i mean, des one is bad, but at least its the point of the encounter)?
    The Demon Ruins don't have asses. That's Izalith. You seem to be describing a lot of Izalith here and not the Demon Ruins.

The wall centipedes are cool. The look of the area is cool. The statues are a cool surprise the first time. It's short but sweet.

Gwyn is one of the most amazing and epic moments in any of the souls game, and the Kiln is one of the most beautiful and left-field areas in any of the games. You are just being a trolling contrarian.
    -ynnady

How to DBZ this mofo:

[spoiler]So, if you go ahead and get the spell Azur's Comet, then get 60 into to use it, then mix it with the staff that increases FP cost and damage, then mix your flask to increase int and also make spells cost no FP for 10 seconds, get terra magica, and later the hat that increases Azur comet's damage you do this:

1. Summon mimic or skeletons or whatever boss distraction you have
    2. Put them between you and the boss until they draw agro
    3. Cast TERRA MAGICA and stand in it(+35%)
    4. Line up your shot, try to time it for when the boss will be least stationary
    5. Pop your aforementioned flask
    6. Fully hold down the button for your cast of Azur's comet
    You should use the 35% extra magic damage wondrous physic as it results in substantially more damage than the 10 int one. Also you should cast Ranni's Dark Moon on the enemy first for the debuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    You should use the 35% extra magic damage wondrous physic as it results in substantially more damage than the 10 int one. Also you should cast Ranni's Dark Moon on the enemy first for the debuff.
    EXCELLENT! I will set this up as soon as I can get home this evening, thanks!

That's just false. There are numerous repeat bosses and dungeons with identical enemies.
    Enemies or bosses? Yes there are repeat enemies, the same way there have been repeat enemies in every From Software game and every other open world game. Bosses are always at least a variation on the same boss (like the watchdog suddenly having two heads or spewing fire).

I shouldn't need to switch to a physical build just to stand a chance against the last boss unless I'm a top .1% skill player
    Why not? What logic is there behind this statement? Unless you designed the game you don't really get to decide what you should and shouldn't do against a boss. And I wasn't suggesting swapping between full Dex and full Int builds. You can use alternatives in the same build to make the fight easier (like Gravity magic dealing physical damage).

Also I went against it blind with my Faith caster and it was easier than any physical character.

And top .1% players don't need to switch anything ever. They can just plow through anything regardless of build.

You don't need to fight Gehrman again after you beat him.

I don't like Sekiro so I never got to that fight.

I thought it was terrible design when Dark Souls 3 did it, and that DLC is not exactly highly regarded.

The final boss in Elden Ring is immune to all status effects and only weak to physical damage. It also has multiple ways of creating unwinnable situations, primarily due to the spell that creates the light orb that follows you around.
    Ashes of Ariandel gets flak for being short, not for Friede. Friede is one of the best bosses in the franchise.

The final boss is immune to all status effects, so all status based builds are out the window. He is resistant to everything except physical damage so most elemental builds are rough on damage. He constantly moves to a very long range beyond almost any ranged build.

I hope you like fighting Radagon every time you want to make an attempt.
    99% of status effect builds are weapon based and if you upgrade your weapons they still deal more than enough damage to down the last boss.

it doesn't render status builds ill suited. It renders them useless. The number of functionally unblockable attacks is too high to wittle the boss down, and it is only weak to physical damage. And its serious unblock able attack comes out at under 50%, which means you had to kill one boss, then get this boss to 50% to get to where the trouble is. That's like an 8 minute investment at best just to get to where the fight is hard.
    I downed the last boss as pure caster and it sure didn't seem resistant to sorceries. To the point I was getting to P2 of the Elden Beast in maybe half of the time you're stating here.

180 is wildly higher than most people are hitting the end. The norm seems to be around 130. That's a non-trivial difference. By 180 you can soft cap every generic stat and get a damage stat to 80.
    Not really. I'm 185 and with 80 points in Int I can't then reach the 40 soft cap on even four other stats.

I on the other hand was using Soreseal and still beat him in less than 10 tries and 50 vigor (well, 45+Godrick's rune).

I mean, I detest the last boss as it's just shit and have written a long-ass post about all the faults with it, but you're way overblowing its difficulty.

Well, it's not. If anything that's one of the (many) flaws with it. It's just craptastic (and not just for melee like Tech614 said). Which, being the final boss, makes it plenty upsetting because it leaves a sour taste in your mouth right at the tail end of an otherwise stellar game.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Eh, I beat him at like 4:30 AM because I just wanted to end the game finally and it still took me less than 10 tries. Admittedly after reloading the save the next day to get the two other endings I beat him on the 2nd try (I was messing around with dragon sorceries I haven't used at all before) and then the 1st try, but I'd say that was more because I was already familiar with the boss than just me not being tired.
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    Enemies or bosses? Yes there are repeat enemies, the same way there have been repeat enemies in every From Software game and every other open world game. Bosses are always at least a variation on the same boss (like the watchdog suddenly having two heads or spewing fire).
    I 100%'ed the game and checked a list after and can absolutely say there are multiple bosses they copy paste, some cases as many as 4 additional times that do not have any difference at all. Not even the increased health and damage of the final space dragonfly.

The games great but the diminishing returns of the open world format is here like in any other game.

Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    There are duplicate bosses for sure. Especially ulcerated tree spirits. Aside from the one that has some rot abilities (and makes your summon fall through the floor) I can't think of a difference between the rest. The same goes for things like Erdtree avatars and some others.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    I 100%'ed the game and checked a list after and can absolutely say there are multiple bosses they copy paste, some cases as many as 4 additional times that do not have any difference at all. Not even the increased health and damage of the final space dragonfly.

The games great but the diminishing returns of the open world format is here like in any other game.
    I'm level 65 and already saw duplicates of Erdtree Avatar, cat statues, Night Cavalry, Crucible Knight, Leonine Misbegotten, and Pumpkin Head. The last of these even became a standard enemy. The dragons also have very, very similar moveset except that one uses magic and this one uses Scarlet Rot etc. And no, I don't consider putting two previous bosses in one fight to be an appreciable difference. It just turns a fun duel into an unfun gank so I get my tankiest summon out and unashamedly cheese the fight.

Also, anyone else found Redmane Castle disappointing? I'm not done yet but compared to the good dungeons that were Stormveil Castle and Raya Lucaria it's very underwhelming. Then again I find dungeons in general to be a weaker part of the game compared to exploring the world.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.