Thread: Elden Ring

Page 3 of 123 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Looks like Souls. Plays like Souls. Feels like Souls. Is a Souls game.

Literally everything you posted here is wrong. Congratulations.

It had Stealth, 3d movement and the gameplay is built around parrying and 99% of the time you attack with the same weapon.

The only Souls-like mechanics are gathering 'souls' and bonfires.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    This was supposed to be an MMORPG.....
    it was never suppoused to be a mmorpg
    12/6/2009 -23/11/2020 rip little deathstalker Ferretti. proud forsaken, enemy of the livings

i Just hope this one has more responsive combat as DS were clunky AF.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    This was supposed to be an MMORPG.....
    Where are people getting this shit from?

Jesus Christ can you people stop complaining for 5 seconds?

They sure are doing their best to make this look like Dark Souls with horses.

I feel it's going to be more than that, but IMO the trailer wasn't very inspiring.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

>Graphics look dated
    Seeing as this game will likely look as good, if not better than Sekiro, I'm not worried. Sekiro looked just as good in the trailer but looked way better in game. Besides, art style and atmosphere is what From excels at.
    >Supposed to be an MMORPG
    nope, never
    >Sekiro is not a souls game
    I love all From games, but let's be real, there's more overlap in Sekiro and Souls games than not. The differences, while important, are not so great that the similarities can be denied.

As for the trailer, it looks hype. I've waited 2 years for this game and it looks like it is going to deliver.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    They sure are doing their best to make this look like Dark Souls with horses.

I feel it's going to be more than that, but IMO the trailer wasn't very inspiring.
    Dark Souls with horses is what most people want. Keep the amazing creature / boss design, stellar level design, amazing art / atmosphere / music, and tons of secrets / lore to discover, but just make more of it and do some new things on top of it (like open world, mounts, etc.).

Sekiro is an action adventure game with heavy inspiration from souls(obviously) but it does not share the same features of a souls game in many ways. Combat is almost completely different and plays closer to a scripted rhythm game then a souls game. There is almost no weapon or build diversity compared to souls. There is no stamina management.

So yea, while it has the "bonfire" checkpoint system if you want to call it that, it's inspired by Souls but was pretty clear and cut From Software trying to do something way different then souls.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    Dark Souls with horses is what most people want. Keep the amazing creature / boss design, stellar level design, amazing art / atmosphere / music, and tons of secrets / lore to discover, but just make more of it and do some new things on top of it (like open world, mounts, etc.).
    Exactly.

I have no idea why so many people get caught up on the concept of things needing to constantly change. Like... nah. I could play 100 games with souls-like combat that just have different worlds/lore/bosses/weapons/builds. The baseline combat itself at could never change and it would still be interesting.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    i Just hope this one has more responsive combat as DS were clunky AF.
    DS has massive animation locks and also an input queue system. Whereby if you're in the middle of an animation, you can queue up your next action during that animation... the down side is you CANNT change your mind and that next action is locked in. This means that you should essentially never touch anything during an animation and encourages non-key-spammy play.

Not 100% to my liking (I'm someone who would prefer to always be spamming a key and have essentially NO animation queue), but you absolutely have to respect it or you will have a bad time and experience that clunky/unresponsive feeling.

5+ Year Old Account
    Complaints about it being same-y are weird. It’s like complaining Bethesda Game Studios makes another Elder Scrolls/Fallout.

No one delivers Souls-likes like the originators themselves, so happy to have another Souls game to play soon!

Looks like dark souls. Thats not a bad thing, but it just looks like another dark souls.

Quote Originally Posted by Isiolia View Post
    Not much since Dark Souls if I'm well informed. And let's not lie to ourself, even Sekiro who had a different setting than the seemingly medieval / renaissance europe still had pretty much the same formula with the greyish atmosphere and the same creature design. I mean, you even have monsters from Dark Souls 3 in it, or things that ressemble it. From the video I can't tell shit about the gameplay. It's not like games like CP2077 where you can see the driving is awful just by looking at the car movement.

People might like it and that's good for them, but I don't understand why people are overhyping this game. It's just Dark Souls with another name.
    Because they're good games that deserve the hype? I mean what does a company have to do. Is constantly releasing quality material not enough?

I think it looked interesting.... Nothing special tbh. Same same but different. But you don't need to invent the wheel again with every game.
    It looks like a DS skin. Not inherintly bad though. We will see.

The whole overhyping is giving me HARDCORE CP2077 wibes^^

But wtf is up with the protagonists hair? They act like broken dry spaghetti

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    If you think Sekiro is a Souls game, you haven't played both Sekiro and a Souls game.
    Problem is that in order to spot the differences, you need to spend some amount of time in the game. At first, sekiro might look like a standard soul game, till you realise combat, itemisation, character progression and so on, meaningful elements of the game, are completely different.

The hype is real dudes! Sure, the styling of the game lacks of some originality (just looks like DS3), but man!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    seems like dark souls 4

Quote Originally Posted by xmirrors View Post
    Uhhh yeah I can't recall any announcement that ever mentioned anything about it being an MMO.
    The people here wish everything would be a shitty limited mmo for some reason.. a quick google search shows that the new IP is only connected to MMOs via the name of the sites reporting it.

Anyway, I personally expect just another DS game where I need to trial&error learn every boss until I beat them.. I think I'll just learn another language this time around .

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    2. This is very thematically different from Dark Souls. While Dark Souls features an atmosphere of helplessness, with the player basically being the maggot in the rotting corpse of a world, things feel very much more heroic here.
    Lol, what? You play a creature refered to as tarnished that is clearly just another abomination stuck between life and death. The only thing hinting at it being less hopeless is the existence of (green) grass, everything else is more of the dead, empty world of ruins with the occasional monster spinkled in, at least if we go by the currently available material.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Dark Souls games were always at least one generation behind current games in terms of graphics. I don't really care. The art direction more than makes up for it.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

Looks like a generic asian styled action game with dated graphics. I don't understand where the hype is coming from. Is it because of Martin's involvement?

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpcat View Post
    Looks like a generic asian styled action game with dated graphics. I don't understand where the hype is coming from. Is it because of Martin's involvement?
    I think it's because it's From Software more than Martin tbh.
    Error 404 - Signature not found