Thread: Elden Ring

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    How so?

Dark Souls is pretty much Newtonian worship with his third law of thermodynamics. How entropy affects the whole universe. Ancient dragons being slow and never changing getting pummeled by Gwyn's lightning and age of fire until they run out of fuel and it's always dark outside.

Elden Ring is more Close Encounters of the Third Kind but the aliens have a gold fetish instead of playing music.
    Whats funny is they kept one theme from ds1 and ds2. Both the dragons and giants got fucked over by marika lol.

Finished my PS4 on PS5 run and legit almost raged. For whatever reason Radagon and Elden Beast both healed mutable times.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2022-04-03 at 11:02 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Finished my PS4 on PS5 run and legit almost raged. For whatever reason Radagon and Elden Beast both healed mutable times.
    You were probably using holy damage.

Quote Originally Posted by dlld View Post
    You were probably using holy damage.
    Nope.

I was using the meme beam with the bow spell that fires 4 arrows and the spirit Black Knife Tiche....

Many times each one would tick for a lot of damage then heal a decent chuck of it. I nearly didn't get my EB kill cause he was at like 5% and healed a decent amount. I was legit one hit from death LOL.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Nope.

I was using the meme beam with the bow spell that fires 4 arrows and the spirit Black Knife Tiche....

Many times each one would tick for a lot of damage then heal a decent chuck of it. I nearly didn't get my EB kill cause he was at like 5% and healed a decent amount. I was legit one hit from death LOL.
    Could tiche be doing holy damage herself? That might be it, their daggers deal holy damage when you get it its art of war is 100% holy damage.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2022-04-03 at 12:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    How so?
    Honestly. I don't remember. It was like midnight and Farum Azula was blowing my mind again.

It'll come back to me again at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Hold on... is this a prequel to Dark Souls?

This game is flipping me the fuck out. The story is incredible.
    If anything Elden Ring is a sequel to Dark Souls.

The Erdtree came after the Age of Fire, when the Golden Order/Marika fought and beat the Fire Giants. Containing the flame in the giant...Lord Vessel...which requires the sacrifice of a Demigod to light...

Also in Elden Ring the Dragons predated the Age of Fire and Dragons are made of Gravel/Stone...exactly like Dark Souls.

I'm sure it's all a coincedence /s.
    Last edited by Radaney; 2022-04-03 at 02:45 PM.

Started running into the tedious duo boss fights. Duo gargoyles weren't so bad since the second one isn't active at first but the poison and heavy attack spam was still annoying. Duo Tree Sentinel was a nice bit of jousting I suppose, although they make the Draconic one that comes later look easy.

Duo Crucible Knights, tho? Man, fuck that fight. I ended up killing them by running around like a coward for 5 minutes easily, firing a few glintstone pebbles at them and then running ad nauseum. One was left and I could finally enjoy the fight, except I played super defensively since dying meant wasting 5+ more minutes poking the spear one to death again, and deciding to come back later meant running the basilisk+chariot oneshot gauntlet again and screw that.

Armor looks cool at least. But what an unfun, tedious fight. Seems it's the classic From Soft approach of "this enemy if fun to fight as a duel and clearly designed as such. But what if there were two??" Answer is, it's harder but higher difficulty does not equal higher quality.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

wish witcher 3 or cyberfail 2077 would be as fun as this game.
    180h+ in and still not finished, mainly helping players to "gid gud".

Quote Originally Posted by Sinured View Post
    wish witcher 3 or cyberfail 2077 would be as fun as this game.
    180h+ in and still not finished, mainly helping players to "gid gud".
    Dunno how you can compare these games, Witcher and Cyberpunk have an actual story. Elden Ring is just a recycle of Dark Souls, which they've done in literally all of their games so far.

Like yeah no shit when the only thing you focus on is combat, the combat's gonna be good.

And even then they still have laughable crap like flying enemies getting stuck in 3D pieces and dying.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Started running into the tedious duo boss fights. Duo gargoyles weren't so bad since the second one isn't active at first but the poison and heavy attack spam was still annoying. Duo Tree Sentinel was a nice bit of jousting I suppose, although they make the Draconic one that comes later look easy.

Duo Crucible Knights, tho? Man, fuck that fight. I ended up killing them by running around like a coward for 5 minutes easily, firing a few glintstone pebbles at them and then running ad nauseum. One was left and I could finally enjoy the fight, except I played super defensively since dying meant wasting 5+ more minutes poking the spear one to death again, and deciding to come back later meant running the basilisk+chariot oneshot gauntlet again and screw that.

Armor looks cool at least. But what an unfun, tedious fight. Seems it's the classic From Soft approach of "this enemy if fun to fight as a duel and clearly designed as such. But what if there were two??" Answer is, it's harder but higher difficulty does not equal higher quality.
    I just let my mimic solo the double crucible knights.

Nope.

The bosses aren't healing. Tiche's red flame attack does % damage over time, but also has an additional effect that basically reduces her enemies' maximum health. What you're seeing isn't the bosses healing, but rather their max health being reduced and the visual of their current health evening out to reflect that

It delights me to no end there is a dungeon that is a tribute to the endless forest in Legend of Zelda. There is no in-game indication I could find the dungeon works in that manner.

Quote Originally Posted by tehealadin View Post
    Have to say, this game is a masterpiece.
    It's not a mistake?

oh god, after 6 nights of tries i finally beated malenia D:
    damn, the only real problem of the boss are these fucking wings in p2 that hide the sword, making her a nightmare to fight melee...
    contestably even the double slash she do when in "neutral" (when she isnt doing anything and she is just walking), at least with light weapons like the daggers she just hyperarmor you and you cant do anything and without a buckler it makes any parry a 50-50 with the right sidestep...

definitely my most difficult fight of any fs game, but unlike isshin or owl father mostly because i just played a wrong setup...

(because im too proud of that )
    Last edited by omeomorfismo; 2022-04-03 at 11:15 PM.
    12/6/2009 -23/11/2020 rip little deathstalker Ferretti. proud forsaken, enemy of the livings

The detail work in the game is simply astounding. They did a lot of this with no explicit indicators either!

Like summoning Latenna when there is a wolf present. Or using war cries around that one knight.

The sheer daring of this game.

I am astounded. This might be the best game I ever played.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2022-04-04 at 04:34 AM.

Curious if anyone has the name for the jazzy song in this funny video.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    It delights me to no end there is a dungeon that is a tribute to the endless forest in Legend of Zelda. There is no in-game indication I could find the dungeon works in that manner.
    I had no idea and I'm going to have to check that out! Also, there is an "upside down" castle in the game, which may or may not be a reference to SotN. Maybe not, but absolutely felt like Castlevania when I discovered it. It starts normal and you insert an item(hard to get) to invert it, literally upside down.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, from twitter:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/...C-ucz3xPYpAAAA

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    I had no idea and I'm going to have to check that out! Also, there is an "upside down" castle in the game, which may or may not be a reference to SotN. Maybe not, but absolutely felt like Castlevania when I discovered it. It starts normal and you insert an item(hard to get) to invert it, literally upside down.
    It's wonderful too! I wish there were a more aggressive presence to this type of stuff.

I played a DS1 mod once that remixed the layout of the game. So you went through Blighttown first and whatnot. It was so fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post

Curious if anyone has the name for the jazzy song in this funny video.
    It's the THIRD comment.