Thread: Elden Ring

Apologies if this has been posted and I missed it: but I thought these sorts of videos were pretty fun. This shows how much of a monster Malenia is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

Holy shit Boc's ending quest. T_T

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Holy shit Boc's ending quest. T_T
    Spolierish but there is a good end for him

Hint

Try item

I think yall will like this story.

So I'm at Malenia. Been at her for a while, and I've cleared most of the rest of the game(all major bosses, beat the last boss, chose Ranni's ending).

After some tips, I am consistently getting her to phase 2 by power-stancing Wing of Astel and another curved sword(+25, applies bleed) and breaking her poise by spamming attacks and using Tiche.

Completely unrelated, early last year I preordered Starlink. Well, I FINALLY got my starlink in late last week and installed it this weekend while I was progressing on Malenia.

I mounted my new square Dishy on a 3rd party pole adapter on the eaves of my house using a ladder. Everything went fine until it came time to lift the dish. See, with the mount I purchased, you basically install the dish by lining up the holes, putting a pen through there, and screwing it in. Once the pin is in, the dish is just hanging down, you have to lift it to your preferred angle, and put in a pair of set screws that tighten down and hold it in position.

Well, turns out that, the pin that holds the pole and allows it to pivot works very well as a cutter as well, because when I got the pin in, and let the dish hang down, the end of my left pointer finger was in a the prime cutting spot. It never occurred to me that I had created a lever that closed on a spot much smaller than my finger.

So, I sheered off about 1mm of finger skin. Not broken or severely damaged but damaged bad enough where I can't regularly tap L1 which is the main attack for power stance. After 4 boss attempts my finger started to hurt and I was ordered no more elden ring until the wound heals in a few more days.

In a few days I will be so out of practice and weak I might never beat this thing, lol.

I know, I know, CSB. Starlink running well, got about 98% obstruction free viewing which still means dropouts, but they are rare and fast(about 4 seconds every 3 minutes which isn't noticeable on netflix or youtube, but I think I would need 100% obstruction free for gaming). Speeds have ranged from 60 to 100 Mbps and about 10-14 up. Huge improvement from my 6meg wisp, finger injury a small price to pay.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2022-04-11 at 06:23 PM.

So I was playing Remnant, having it for 'free' on gamepass at the moment and my biggest takeaway from the game was how horrendous Elden Rings PC ui actually is lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    I think yall will like this story.

So I'm at Malenia. Been at her for a while, and I've cleared most of the rest of the game(all major bosses, beat the last boss, chose Ranni's ending).

After some tips, I am consistently getting her to phase 2 by power-stancing Wing of Astel and another curved sword(+25, applies bleed) and breaking her poise by spamming attacks and using Tiche.
    On my NG++ I went with the godskin peeler jump bleed build. First attempt failed, mainly due to the cinematic so it messed up my setup. Second time round, p1 lasted maybe 10 seconds tops. P2 only lasted longer because I had to wait for her rot ability to stop. It was insane.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

I really think this is a prequel to the other From Souls games. Or at the least is the overarching mythology they had in mind be didn't fully realize.

Fighting 3 tree spirits at the same time is some grade-A bullshit.
    What? Where?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Spolierish but there is a good end for him

Hint

Try item
    Ehhh, sort of. Yes, you can use the one Prattling Pate to prevent him from heading over to Raya Lucaria and dying, but ultimately, even if he remains behind in Leyndell, once you beat Maliketh and the city becomes flooded with ash, he's nowhere to be found. The area he was in before is still entirely intact, but he's just gone, and no one seems to know where he relocates to, if he even relocates anywhere at all.
    Last edited by Skirdus; 2022-04-11 at 07:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alright, I've gotten started, barely. No longer maidenless!
    /s

I really think this is a prequel to the other From Souls games. Or at the least is the overarching mythology they had in mind be didn't fully realize.
    Ranni's ending feels like a prelude to Bloodborne.

10+ Year Old Account
    What if Ranni is the Moon Presence?

10+ Year Old Account
    And maddening flame one feels like it leads into Dark Souls

The contextual variance in encounters is just phenomenal.

Every time I play this game I am blown away. There is like Wonder Boy in Monster Land and Rastan shit in here.

This has to be some of the purest gameplay expression since Doom Eternal or Transistor. Journey, Shadow of the Colossus, SSX Tricky, Waverave 64?

Gotta go deep, man. This is masterful game design. Absolute masterful.

I liked the Elden ring story, the concept is refreshing.

9 Minute Speedrun any%

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post

9 Minute Speedrun any%
    Old news

Every speed run is the runner complaining about splits for 20 minutes nonstop then beating the "world record".
    Last edited by Fencers; 2022-04-12 at 08:16 PM.

Everyy speed run is the runner complaining about splits for 20 minutes nonstop then beating the "world record".
    Well any % ya cause that is the run now

After seeing the 9min one it was clear a new record would happen as he had a lot of issues with the teleporting in that one. Also how messed up must the game code be for all this to even be possible without third party applications.

Been using Tiche against Melania. Finger felt good enough to try some soft attempts last night. I figured out a better strat.

Mimic would get owned quickly when I first tried it, as its movement is slow and that lack of movement doesn't hold up well under Melania.

So I made some changes:

1. Powerstancing now
    2. Moved Wings of Astel to offhand and moved Scavenger's Curved Sword with magic affix and Glintblade Phalanx to mainhand.
    - This accomplished 3 big things. First it prevented the AI from using Astel's weapon art(which is great for large hitbox enemies or crowds, but way to slow for her). Second it improved my damage. Both swords are maxed out, but for pure damage, Scavengers is better, even with the ash. Finally, it increased the frequency of bleed proc from Scavengers.
    3. Removed my added equip weight talisman and replaced it with one that gives me a buff after combos. So after the 3rd hit, my attack power goes way up. Very nice for power stance.
    4. Removed Radagon's Soreseal and replaced with reduced physical damage talisman(this is a 2 way swing, which GREATLY reduces my physical damage)

So, with this setup, I know the AI hates to cast Glintblade Phalanx and unlike when I had a spammable weapon art on, the AI will now mostly do physical attacks. The physical attacks will be synergistic with mine due to bleed and will have the same increased damage to combos.

The biggest key I think was Radagon's Soreseal and its removal. That talisman gives stats in exchange for increased damage taken. However, it makes up for it with increased health totals and increased carry capacity. Problem is I have a huge health bar already. While most of the game, I think R's Soreseal is maybe the best trinket, trading it out for the one that vastly reduces physical damage makes me much harder to kill in phase 1, like game changingly harder to kill, not just me but my mimic. Can almost tank her big move, and regular attacks are not bad at all. Mimic now lives better than I do.

So I do nothing but charge and spam in power stance using the talisman that gives the buff to attack power after a 3 hit combo. Basically that buff is always up(and seems to stagger her much more frequently than before, which I guess is at least partially based off raw damage numbers?), and with the blood proc now from the mainhand, she dies a lot quicker too. Also, with the increased damage, she is almost constantly stunlocked during phase 1 between me and my mimic. Phase 1 is a cakewalk now, and super easy.

After figuring this out, I only did one attempt and got her lower than ever before, maybe halfway down in phase 2, and had to log off. I think I might beat her today!
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2022-04-12 at 09:40 PM.