Thread: Elden Ring

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Narzok View Post
    2nd is holding the weaon in both hands, done by holding Triangle and pressing R1 for the right-hand weapon or Triangle+L1 for left-hand weapons.
    im playing on PC with a 360 controller. is yellow Y the equivalent of triangle? then i cant do it for some reason. my samurai just keeps using the katana one handed as if he held the shield, even if theres nothing in the other hand.

- - - Updated - - -

ok, nevermind, it works.

whats the appeal of playing online? its only fucking annoying to me to see bloodstains all over the place. also seeing other players 'ghosts' is immersion breaking.
    imagine other singleplayer games showing where other players currently are. what the fuck do i care?
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    whats the appeal of playing online?
    People like to PVP, they enjoy the communal aspect of secret sharing or misdirection, bloodstains can also inform you of certain mistakes other make before you do the same.

It's all opt-in so, up to you if you like PVP and the aspect of playing alongside rather than with others.

10+ Year Old Account
    The seemless co-op mod is honestly amazing. It is a bit buggy (as to be expected since it's in beta) but my friend and I have done about 3 hours and it has been incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    The seemless co-op mod is honestly amazing. It is a bit buggy (as to be expected since it's in beta) but my friend and I have done about 3 hours and it has been incredible.
    is it your whole normal character, or do you have the glow of like one of the factions? I always hated the glow.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    is it your whole normal character, or do you have the glow of like one of the factions? I always hated the glow.
    there is a talisman to be normal
    12/6/2009 -23/11/2020 rip little deathstalker Ferretti. proud forsaken, enemy of the livings

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    Every player just looks like a regular player, there's no glow. I think the way it works is that every player is essentially the host as far as the game is concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    there is a talisman to be normal
    Very true, I did forget that, but talisman slots are so precious and I already make tons of power sacrifices for fashionsouls, not sure I want to add more to it haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Every player just looks like a regular player, there's no glow. I think the way it works is that every player is essentially the host as far as the game is concerned.
    Good tip. Might by a second copy for the PC.

I'm thinking to buy this game on my xbox, is it an MMO like ESO?

Quote Originally Posted by Vampiregenesis View Post
    They support having a few friends with you (even permanently now instead of only short durations like when the first game released), but it's not an MMO in the traditional sense at all. Very small party sizes. Your world instance is yours. You can see "ghosts" of other players running around, but they aren't affecting or impacting your world.

No. It has online aspects. But it is not an MMO. Largely a single-player adventure game.

anyone else with elden ring on steam have the experience of the latest patch made them re download the entire game??

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    anyone else with elden ring on steam have the experience of the latest patch made them re download the entire game??
    Yes that's how it works.

Does anyone have issues with over-leveling? I tend to explore everything. I am above 100 level and Omen King was piss easy even though I did not play well. In contrast, on the initial encounter at the gates of Stormveil castle, I had to consistently dodge because I could not 4-shot the boss. I am told it gets harder as you go to Haligtree, I hope that's the case. I do not want to keep 4-shotting bosses. Game got significantly easier as I progressed to the point where it is trivial now. I think as far as story goes, I am perhaps half-way/a bit more than half way to the game.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2022-06-18 at 01:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Does anyone have issues with over-leveling? I tend to explore everything. I am above 100 level and Omen King was piss easy even though I did not play well. In contrast, on the initial encounter at the gates of Stormveil castle, I had to consistently dodge because I could not 4-shot the boss. I am told it gets harder as you go to Haligtree, I hope that's the case. I do not want to keep 4-shotting bosses. Game got significantly easier as I progressed to the point where it is trivial now. I think as far as story goes, I am perhaps half-way/a bit more than half way to the game.
    It will get more difficult again from the Snowfield onwards I'd say, unless of course you do massive amounts of damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratyrel View Post
    It will get more difficult again from the Snowfield onwards I'd say, unless of course you do massive amounts of damage.
    I do not think I have an OP build. It's a dex build with bloodhound fang. Hits like 2.5k 3k per finesse.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, but you can play with other people.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    The last couple optional major areas from the Snowfield and onwards are pretty brutal regardless of level.

Quote Originally Posted by marulol View Post
    Yes that's how it works.
    No it doesnt.

Havent had to redownload the entire game for any of the other patches

There is going to be a free update for PVP for those who wanted PVP in this game.

They are opening up Colosseums

Was pleased to see it win GOTY at the GAME awards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

I've only played Dark Souls 3 before and never liked it, found it bland (don't hate )

I bought Elden Ring anyway when it released and I loved it, so not surprised it won GotY. The open world exploration was the main factor for me.