Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    I love the "thousands of new developers" comment, comedy gold right there.

THOUSANDS!
    What they don't mention is how they'll hire and fire in batches of hundreds at a time.

Hire ~100 developers. get them to work on a project. Fire them all before they can start asking for pay bumps and what not. Hire ~100 developers. Rinse and repeat.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    What they don't mention is how they'll hire and fire in batches of hundreds at a time.

Hire ~100 developers. get them to work on a project. Fire them all before they can start asking for pay bumps and what not. Hire ~100 developers. Rinse and repeat.
    Has Blizzard ever actually done this? The only dev layoff I know of was in Mop.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Has Blizzard ever actually done this? The only dev layoff I know of was in Mop.
    Activision is more than just Blizzard...

7+ Year Old Account
    Activision is more than just Blizzard...
    Ya but no one on here actually cares about the other parts.

Ya but no one on here actually cares about the other parts.
    I wouldn't attempt to speak for everyone if I were you.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by samuro View Post
    100% they will use those billions to fire even more employee.
    This exactly. They will fire more people, and have the fewer number of people make more shit games, while Bobby snorts cocaine off of his latest gold plated yacht.

7+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't attempt to speak for everyone if I were you.
    Ah yes Ill just go down to the king or activsion section of the forum to gauge options..... oh wait.

Ah yes Ill just go down to the king or activsion section of the forum to gauge options..... oh wait.
    You do know just because people like one game by one developer that does not mean they don't care about other video games by other developers, right? Or that they don't have an opinion about the business practices of one of those companies?

That's why there's also a whole forum devoted "VIDEO GAME DISCUSSION"...which is where this particular discussion is taking place...

There's actually a whole lot of forums on this site that have nothing at all to do with Blizzard...
    Last edited by Egomaniac; 2021-06-13 at 12:57 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    You do know just because people like one game by one developer that does not mean they don't care about other video games by other developers, right? Or that they don't have an opinion about the business practices of one of those companies?

That's why there's also a whole forum devoted "VIDEO GAME DISCUSSION"...which is where this particular discussion is taking place...

There's actually a whole lot of forums on this site that have nothing at all to do with Blizzard...
    Ah ya your right Ill just go down to the king or call of duty thread to gauge options..... oh wait.

Ah ya your right Ill just go down to the king or call of duty thread to gauge options..... oh wait.
    Doubling down on ignorance is never a good look.

Once again, people can have opinions on things that are not related to Blizzard or WoW. I'm not sure why you are having trouble with this concept. I mean, even in this thread there are multiple posts that have nothing at all to do directly with Blizzard specifically. It's about the entire corporation...Activision Blizzard. It's right there in the title.

I mean...why were you posting in the Wheel of Time Thread? That's got nothing to do with Blizzard. And yet, the thread still exists and you have opinions regarding it that you felt like you needed to share.

I've also seen you post quite a bit in the Comics Subforum...why? You can't possibly care about comics here...according to you, nobody here cares about anything other than Blizzard.
    Last edited by Egomaniac; 2021-06-13 at 01:19 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Doubling down on ignorance is never a good look.

Once again, people can have opinions on things that are not related to Blizzard or WoW. I'm not sure why you are having trouble with this concept. I mean, even in this thread there are multiple posts that have nothing at all to do directly with Blizzard specifically. It's about the entire corporation...Activision Blizzard. It's right there in the title.

I mean...why were you posting in the Wheel of Time Thread? That's got nothing to do with Blizzard. And yet, the thread still exists and you have opinions regarding it that you felt like you needed to share.

I've also seen you post quite a bit in the Comics Subforum...why? You can't possibly care about comics here...according to you, nobody here cares about anything other than Blizzard.
    Your quite right people care about the cooperation, because it owns blizzard.

If any one cared about king or activison and how there development goes down we’d have threads on them but we don’t because people only care about the blizzard portion of the company and how they feel like the parent company effects it.

And yes people post about things other then blizzard but you know what those things have that king and cod don’t? Active threads.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2021-06-13 at 01:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    I love the "thousands of new developers" comment, comedy gold right there.

THOUSANDS!
    Hire MILLIONS I say!

MILLIONS!

Your quite right people care about the cooperation, because it owns blizzard.

If any one cared about king or activison and how there development goes down we’d have threads on them but we don’t because people only care about the blizzard portion of the company and how they feel like the parent company effects it.

And yes people post about things other then blizzard but you know what those things have that king and cod don’t? Active threads.
    Yeah, you're still ignoring all the posts in this thread that have nothing to do with Blizzard specifically.

The very fact that we're having this back and forth is proof that you do not speak for everyone. Some of us actually care that Activision has a tendency to lay off employees at the same time they are cutting a big bonus check for Bobby Kotick.

You may not care about what the rest of activision does...but you do not speak for everyone.

Last edited by Egomaniac; 2021-06-13 at 02:07 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Hire MILLIONS I say!

MILLIONS!
    LOL this guy gets it. Glad I'm not alone.

Go on vacation to exotic places with their families, sex, drugs, cars and big houses?

I am sure as hell they are not getting rich with my 13€/month. You can blame it on those who buy shit from the store in their multiple games.

Um …. Nothing ?

They’ve had a high cash position for years now. It allows them a nice cushion against their existing debt notes , some of which don’t need to be paid off until 2050. It means they don’t have to sell equity in their company in order to do things like acquire companies or anything else that needs a large amount of money. It doesn't necessarily mean they *have* to do something with their free cash and investments

I find it amusing when people read stuff from quarterly and annual reports and assume it’s new. ATVI’s large cash position isn’t one of those.
    Last edited by bluspacecow; 2021-06-16 at 03:09 PM.