Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Textures flickering in Bastion

Hello there,

I'm having a problem that only happens in Bastion; textures flicker when I go around (like trees, rocks...).

Does anyone know why this happens?

Thanks in advance.

Its blizzard failing to implement ray tracing properly. Your graphics card is trying to render something that should be disabled. Blizzard recommends rolling back updates however I didn't find that to work.

Try updating your drivers though you might just have to bare it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you have ray-tracing on and an Nvidia RTX card?

I do, and I have the same issue. There is a fix for it you can try. It worked for me, but every time you upgrade your drivers, the fix will be removed: https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...or_directx_12/

If this isn't Nvidia and RTX, I have no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Do you have ray-tracing on and an Nvidia RTX card?

I do, and I have the same issue. There is a fix for it you can try. It worked for me, but every time you upgrade your drivers, the fix will be removed: https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...or_directx_12/

If this isn't Nvidia and RTX, I have no idea.
    Is there any way to fix it without that? Any plans in Blizzard to fix it someday? hahaha

Thanks anyways guys.

I've noticed the texture flickering in Bastion, but I've also noticed some of it in the Maw, as well. I do have a RTX card, but RTX is not enabled in WoW.

I had this issue until I switched from DirectX 12 to DirectX 11
    DRAGONMIRE BINGO
    2024 - 11.0 - The 10th Expansion - The 20th Anniversary of World of Warcraft
    For Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Xaxxas View Post
    I had this issue until I switched from DirectX 12 to DirectX 11
    What's the difference?

Quote Originally Posted by Nork View Post
    What's the difference?
    DX11 isn't capable of raytracing

I had that in Legion Dalaran, a bit annoying as I use that hearthstone a lot

The Direct X 12 code is broken.

Go back to DX 11

15+ Year Old Account
    I actually have this too, but I notice it the most in Ardenweald. I have an RTX 2070. I'll try changing to DX11, glad I found this thread because the flickering is really fucking annoying.

Known issue for months. Read the GeForce driver release notes. The last driver without flickering is 457.51

Quote Originally Posted by Arom View Post
    Known issue for months. Read the GeForce driver release notes. The last driver without flickering is 457.51

This. People are so quick to blame Blizzard. Last I checked this was a shitty driver problem NVIDIA still hasn't fixed.

I also had this issue a few months back and went back to dx11.
    Fixed it instantly.

As others said, not on Blizzard's end.
    dx11 appears to work, but it doesn't bother me enough to change it.
    It only happens to me in Spires honestly. Very rarely anywhere else.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Thank you all for your help. I do appreciate it.

Had the same issue, looked around, even if you don't have V-sync on, wow will tick the Triple Buffering box, found a reddit post complaining about this. Unchecking the box for Triple Buffering worked for me and fixed it for a bunch of others in that thread.

I had this problem on my old GTX1080 (which does not support RT) and dropping down to DX11 fixed it. On my RTX3080, no flickering with DX12. Triple buffering did not fix it, and I have a gsync monitor anyway.

It's a bug in the Nvidia drivers and it's a real pisser that they still haven't fixed it after so many months. It's still listed as a known issue in every driver's errata. WoW is obviously a very popular game, this should have been fixed months back.

Quote Originally Posted by Hey There Guys its Metro View Post
    As others said, not on Blizzard's end.
    dx11 appears to work, but it doesn't bother me enough to change it.
    It only happens to me in Spires honestly. Very rarely anywhere else.
    Blizzard is responsible for working with Nvidia to get the issue resolved. "Here's the data, here's the code, what's going wrong? Do you need anything from us to fix the issue? Can you train some of our developers to make our game support your software better? Etc etc."

Quote Originally Posted by Nork View Post
    Hello there,

I'm having a problem that only happens in Bastion; textures flicker when I go around (like trees, rocks...).

Does anyone know why this happens?

Thanks in advance.

Happens to me in Torghast (entry way as well as some instances)... apparently it is a problem with GTX30x0 drivers from what I've heard.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.