View Poll Results: Which do you prefer?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Quality

    46 80.70%
  • Quantity

    11 19.30%
Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1
    Herald of the Titans Clone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Kamino
    Posts
    2,594

    Armor design, quality or quantity?

    Which do you prefer? Current system of abundant choices or limited options with full 3d sculpt (no body paint)?

  2. #2
    The Undying Gehco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    FEEL THE WRATH OF MY SPANNER!!
    Posts
    34,148
    Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    Which do you prefer? Current system of abundant choices or limited options with full 3d sculpt (no body paint)?
    We are reaching a time where Blizzard needs to apply more quality to their armor, and design them for better customization. Not saying that the armors are inherently bad, but I believe they need to follow through from the new armor structure to make it easier to get options in the future.
    Stuff can be fixed, just get enough glue or duct tape!
    Roses are red, mana is blue. Suramar Guards, Will always find you!

  3. #3
    What exactly do you call "quality"?? The beauty of the armor? This is subjective. See the Hunters situation. For Blizzard, the Hunters' armor (which has mandated to please the Shamans for years) are beautiful. For 90% of Hunters players they are horrible.
    (ps: If you're within the 10% that you're super happy with your Hunter's xmogs you don't need to scream, I know you exist....... Champz).
    So I believe that more QUANTITY would be a way to (mathematically) start to appear xmogs that can please players more... after all, quality/beauty in WoW... is something very (very) subjective.

  4. #4
    I am Murloc! Lord Pebbleton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Pebbleton Family Castle.
    Posts
    5,970
    Hunter main here. I'd prefer literally anything over what I got so far. Maybe leaning more on the quality matter.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    full 3d sculpt (no body paint)?
    Some "body painted" armor is cooler than some super new 3D models. As I said, quality/beauty is very subjective in this context.

    Proving that "quality" in WoW is totally subjective...
    Look at this PET (Dragon Turtle) for example:



    It would be a dream for me if Blizzard uses this PET as a base for a Hunter armor.
    I just think this Turtle's head would make an amazing Helmet for Hunter. But not like a hat, and yes like a mask.
    This color combination pleases me a lot too. Maybe the 3D back shell would look great... but everything else could be "body painted" which I would still find amazing.
    Do you agree? No? Well... See? quality is subjective.
    Last edited by Fantazma; 2021-06-11 at 06:58 PM.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    See the Hunters situation. For Blizzard, the Hunters' armor (which has mandated to please the Shamans for years) are beautiful.
    Now that is funny. I think out of all the shaman sets i like maybe 3, and this is coming from someone who has been a shaman main since wrath.

  7. #7
    theres very little bodypaint armor in this tier tbh. they all look pretty damn cool imo. i prefer class armor over just for the 4 armor types.. so i guess i would like a higher quantity.. but id like to keep the current quality aswell so yeah.

    im a rogue and i love the CN set, its not very druidish though.

  8. #8
    All I want is a full body spandex suit and a dunce cap to transmog.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    Now that is funny. I think out of all the shaman sets i like maybe 3, and this is coming from someone who has been a shaman main since wrath.
    Congrats if you like 3. I have a main-Hunter and the number of mail-armor xmogs that exist at the same time I like is exactly ZERO!
    But seriously... when I look at all the mail-armor Wardrobe... almost all of them seem to be made for Shamans (skulls, Aztec masks, lava effect, etc...)
    Actually friend...... mail-armor has to die!!!
    Xmogs made to try to please Hunters and Shamans at the same time... have to die!!!
    In my opinion it should allow (at least) 50% of leather-armor shoulders and heads xmogs to be shared with Hunters and Shamans. This would (maybe) save these two classes from leading the ugliest xmog rankings in the game.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    Congrats if you like 3. I have a main-Hunter and the number of mail-armor xmogs that exist at the same time I like is exactly ZERO!
    But seriously... when I look at all the mail-armor Wardrobe... almost all of them seem to be made for Shamans (skulls, Aztec masks, lava effect, etc...)
    Actually friend...... mail-armor has to die!!!
    Xmogs made to try to please Hunters and Shamans at the same time... have to die!!!
    In my opinion it should allow (at least) 50% of leather-armor shoulders and heads xmogs to be shared with Hunters and Shamans. This would (maybe) save these two classes from leading the ugliest xmog rankings in the game.
    Mail is the worst looking armor in the game. However there is one set that i love that's the elaborate blightguard set. It looks so good that it's making me level my undead hunter for the first time in forever. If only shamans could be undead.

  11. #11
    Quality + plenty of recolors. BFA system (except last tier ofc) was the best (two sets - one for pve and one for pvp + recolors for every difficulty).

  12. #12
    Titan Val the Moofia Boss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    14,755
    We already have thousands and thousands of armor sets to mix and match. I'd rather we get 3D chestpieces and stuff, as that's new stuff for us to mix and match. We don't really need more flat chest textures.

  13. #13
    Herald of the Titans Clone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Kamino
    Posts
    2,594
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    What exactly do you call "quality"?? The beauty of the armor? This is subjective. See the Hunters situation. For Blizzard, the Hunters' armor (which has mandated to please the Shamans for years) are beautiful. For 90% of Hunters players they are horrible.
    (ps: If you're within the 10% that you're super happy with your Hunter's xmogs you don't need to scream, I know you exist....... Champz).
    So I believe that more QUANTITY would be a way to (mathematically) start to appear xmogs that can please players more... after all, quality/beauty in WoW... is something very (very) subjective.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    Some "body painted" armor is cooler than some super new 3D models. As I said, quality/beauty is very subjective in this context.

    Proving that "quality" in WoW is totally subjective...
    Look at this PET (Dragon Turtle) for example:



    It would be a dream for me if Blizzard uses this PET as a base for a Hunter armor.
    I just think this Turtle's head would make an amazing Helmet for Hunter. But not like a hat, and yes like a mask.
    This color combination pleases me a lot too. Maybe the 3D back shell would look great... but everything else could be "body painted" which I would still find amazing.
    Do you agree? No? Well... See? quality is subjective.
    You are confusing quality with aesthetic. Liking something of lower quality because you prefer its aesthetic is not the same as judging quality.
    Last edited by Clone; 2021-06-12 at 04:49 PM.

  14. #14
    I don't think i transmog to anything in this expansion... everything is just a really really slight recolor of the next. Even the mythic and pvp elite sets don't look special.
    And now we get a set we allready know and have seen for half a year... that was the laciest copout ever. Sure we did not wear it completly and we couldn't transmog it... but still how should someone get excited about this?

    Quality wise i would say they are good ableit waaaay to clunky and bulky. Everyone looks like a platewarrior now. It is just getting to big. Give me back a slim set wihtout half a meter big gloves. You can still put details on it.

    Sooo... both i guess as they went down with both.

  15. #15
    Don't think I've changed from my transmog since about a week after that got introduced.

  16. #16
    It's always a balancing act in reality, the last 10% would always come at exorbitant effort, even if something like quality might be overall preferable, there are limits.
    MMO-C should be glad that the British Empire is no more, because they'd want a piece of all the copium trade here.
    Angry players come to the forums to complain about the game... but what loser only comes to the forums to complain about the forums and its users?
    Felating Blizzard too eagerly may lead to oxygen deficiency and worst case asphyxiation. Long-term effects range from delusions up to cerebral necrosis.

  17. #17
    Since cata every armor looks like it is made out of the same material. no shining metal, leather looks like wood, and weapons looks like they are made out of stone (ok, that's not armor). Their model engine is not capable of creating "real" looking weapons and armor in WoW. It's not wonder many sought after transmog looks come from the before cata era.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Since cata every armor looks like it is made out of the same material. no shining metal, leather looks like wood, and weapons looks like they are made out of stone (ok, that's not armor). Their model engine is not capable of creating "real" looking weapons and armor in WoW. It's not wonder many sought after transmog looks come from the before cata era.
    Nah, that is just their terribad artstyle (especially the weapon part). The only swords with an actual edge are from vanilla and tbc, since then all of them are just differently glowing clubs. A true limitation of their software is something like the way robes look.
    MMO-C should be glad that the British Empire is no more, because they'd want a piece of all the copium trade here.
    Angry players come to the forums to complain about the game... but what loser only comes to the forums to complain about the forums and its users?
    Felating Blizzard too eagerly may lead to oxygen deficiency and worst case asphyxiation. Long-term effects range from delusions up to cerebral necrosis.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Nah, that is just their terribad artstyle (especially the weapon part). The only swords with an actual edge are from vanilla and tbc, since then all of them are just differently glowing clubs. A true limitation of their software is something like the way robes look.
    You're probably right. On that note: What happened to two part cloth armor? Cloth shirt and pants. Why is every cloth chestpiece a robe today?

  20. #20
    The irony here is that while everyone likes asking for quality, yet if we got noticeably less visual variety in their gear there'd be a lot of complaining about that too.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •