View Poll Results: Which do you prefer?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Quality

35 81.40%
  • Quantity

8 18.60%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    The irony here is that while everyone likes asking for quality, yet if we got noticeably less visual variety in their gear there'd be a lot of complaining about that too.

Merely a Setback Queen of Hamsters's Avatar
    I commute between Sweden and Crown Falls.
    Legion did just fine with quality AND quantity.
    Liberté, égalité, fraternité
    ⭑・゚゚・*:༅。.。༅:*゚:*:✼✿ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚ ゚・⭑
    Today's CovIdiot will be tomorrow's incubator for more aggressive strains of the virus. GG, Q-tards!

Even the highest quality armor sets would still look shitty compared to other MMO's sets, so what would be the point, going "quality" just gives Blizzard a free pass to churn out less stuff since even the highest quality set won't be anything special to look at, the covenant aren't that much greater than the newer, regular raid sets to the point where I'd accept less variety and ways for players to express themselves.

So I don't really care as long as tier sets gets seperated by class again.

Blizzard apparently thought that they had explored every avenue they could with class-specific tier sets, which is a hilarious excuse for not wanting to put in the work when Sunwalkers aren't represented in any paladin set, when Zandalari prelates aren't either and when the LITERAL black/red Blood Knight recolour is unavailable to players.

Put in the work.
    Last edited by LarryFromHumanResources; 2021-06-12 at 03:21 PM.
    Corporate wishes everyone a happy new year

Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    The irony here is that while everyone likes asking for quality, yet if we got noticeably less visual variety in their gear there'd be a lot of complaining about that too.
    We already have plenty of quantity, thanks to legacy raids and dungeons. But the quality of gear in BfA, and especially now... /shiver
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    As for the "hone your skills" argument that some are tossing around, fuck that. Most people want to have fun. They're not logging onto WoW, the video game, as a self-improvement project. That's a ridiculous notion and goes right along with the idea that the game is "work." If it's not 'play' then you're doing it wrong. Sadly this is a concept that the devs seem to have lost sight of in their quest to keep anyone and everyone busy.

I've only ever used the Sanctified Scourgelord set on my DK. They will never make an armor set that looks better.

So yeah, quality over quantity.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

The more armors they make the more chance that they will make something that I like, so quantity>quality for me. But there is a limit - I'd rather have 3 new armor sets than 1 new armor set with 5 or 6 recolors. And I don't personally give much of a shit if my chestpiece is 3D or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

With how well AI upscaling is working for other games it would be nice to see it used on old armor sets here. All the vanilla slutmog looks atrocious with low res, as do many of the best early tier armor sets like judgment etc - combined, pretty much the most popular transmog in the game despite the bad textures.

Most of the older stuff also has the more "realistic" things that looks less over the top anime style, so it would be nice to have them polished up. Like swords that are actual swords.

Quality. Even with the limited sets, they have more versatility and longevity. They just need to improve their non-raid armor designs so we have more interesting basics to work with. For instance, Bastion would've been a great place to finally introduced a proper robe/toga. They make new armor bases/meshes(?) every blue moon, so it would've been nice to see.
    Last edited by Rozz; 2021-06-12 at 09:19 PM.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

I want Legion quality. We had quantity AND quality with those sets.

Primarily I want every armor piece from here on out to include the extra 3D assets. The current armor system introduced in Legion should be the standard for making armor in the game look unique and modernized. Continuing to implement leveling and dungeon sets as if we're in 2013 significantly waters down the idea that this is a system meant to bring WoW's armor design more up-to-date.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Nah, that is just their terribad artstyle (especially the weapon part). The only swords with an actual edge are from vanilla and tbc, since then all of them are just differently glowing clubs. A true limitation of their software is something like the way robes look.
    Have to agree, many weapons from 2004-2010 of all quality and some since of lower quality like normal weapons should. It's the art style.

Legion and wod proved you can have quality and quantity. 80-90% of the sets from those expansions are very nice looking, in my opinion. And they. Still had every class have a unique set each tier.They backtracked on that, HARD, though after legion. Its very possible, they just don't put in the effort because irregardless of if they do, people will continue playing.

Not sure how to spell it better, may be "balanced". I'm more with this kind of question.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

__---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__

Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    For 90% of Hunters players they are horrible.
    Can you link your source please?

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Legion did just fine with quality AND quantity.
    Yep, some of my favourite hunter, warrior and monk sets are from Legion, which was also when they started with adding 3D components to feet, gloves and chest pieces. The Halls of Valor sets for example did this really well.

Not to mention we also had armor sets that matched the artifact weapons we got, which imo was a very good decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Roship View Post
    Legion and wod proved you can have quality and quantity. 80-90% of the sets from those expansions are very nice looking, in my opinion. And they. Still had every class have a unique set each tier.They backtracked on that, HARD, though after legion. Its very possible, they just don't put in the effort because irregardless of if they do, people will continue playing.
    Legion had 12 class sets x 3 tiers (and ToS was revamp) + 12 class sets = 48 sets.

BfA had 4 sets x 4 tiers + 2x2x4 sets from warfronts + 16 race sets = 48 sets.

SL so far with 9.1 has 4x5 covenant sets + 2x4 raid + promised 12 class sets in 9.2 = 40 sets even if expac would be cut short.

You really overestimate Legion quantity.

As a clothe I'm glad the started adding more 3d stuff to robes in particular. Previously we sure got quantity but it was practically same model with different textures.

I was not saying anywhere legion had "the most", or anything. I used it as an example of quantity AND quality. Bfa had the same quantity, but lots of subpar quality. SL has good quality, but less quantity.