Poll: Which do you prefer?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Armor design, quality or quantity?

Which do you prefer? Current system of abundant choices or limited options with full 3d sculpt (no body paint)?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    Which do you prefer? Current system of abundant choices or limited options with full 3d sculpt (no body paint)?
    We are reaching a time where Blizzard needs to apply more quality to their armor, and design them for better customization. Not saying that the armors are inherently bad, but I believe they need to follow through from the new armor structure to make it easier to get options in the future.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

What exactly do you call "quality"?? The beauty of the armor? This is subjective. See the Hunters situation. For Blizzard, the Hunters' armor (which has mandated to please the Shamans for years) are beautiful. For 90% of Hunters players they are horrible.
    (ps: If you're within the 10% that you're super happy with your Hunter's xmogs you don't need to scream, I know you exist....... Champz).
    So I believe that more QUANTITY would be a way to (mathematically) start to appear xmogs that can please players more... after all, quality/beauty in WoW... is something very (very) subjective.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hunter main here. I'd prefer literally anything over what I got so far. Maybe leaning more on the quality matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    full 3d sculpt (no body paint)?
    Some "body painted" armor is cooler than some super new 3D models. As I said, quality/beauty is very subjective in this context.

Proving that "quality" in WoW is totally subjective...
    Look at this PET (Dragon Turtle) for example:

It would be a dream for me if Blizzard uses this PET as a base for a Hunter armor.
    I just think this Turtle's head would make an amazing Helmet for Hunter. But not like a hat, and yes like a mask.
    This color combination pleases me a lot too. Maybe the 3D back shell would look great... but everything else could be "body painted" which I would still find amazing.
    Do you agree? No? Well... See? quality is subjective.
    Last edited by Fantazma; 2021-06-11 at 06:58 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    See the Hunters situation. For Blizzard, the Hunters' armor (which has mandated to please the Shamans for years) are beautiful.
    Now that is funny. I think out of all the shaman sets i like maybe 3, and this is coming from someone who has been a shaman main since wrath.

theres very little bodypaint armor in this tier tbh. they all look pretty damn cool imo. i prefer class armor over just for the 4 armor types.. so i guess i would like a higher quantity.. but id like to keep the current quality aswell so yeah.

im a rogue and i love the CN set, its not very druidish though.

All I want is a full body spandex suit and a dunce cap to transmog.

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    Now that is funny. I think out of all the shaman sets i like maybe 3, and this is coming from someone who has been a shaman main since wrath.
    Congrats if you like 3. I have a main-Hunter and the number of mail-armor xmogs that exist at the same time I like is exactly ZERO!
    But seriously... when I look at all the mail-armor Wardrobe... almost all of them seem to be made for Shamans (skulls, Aztec masks, lava effect, etc...)
    Actually friend...... mail-armor has to die!!!
    Xmogs made to try to please Hunters and Shamans at the same time... have to die!!!
    In my opinion it should allow (at least) 50% of leather-armor shoulders and heads xmogs to be shared with Hunters and Shamans. This would (maybe) save these two classes from leading the ugliest xmog rankings in the game.

7+ Year Old Account
    Congrats if you like 3. I have a main-Hunter and the number of mail-armor xmogs that exist at the same time I like is exactly ZERO!
    But seriously... when I look at all the mail-armor Wardrobe... almost all of them seem to be made for Shamans (skulls, Aztec masks, lava effect, etc...)
    Actually friend...... mail-armor has to die!!!
    Xmogs made to try to please Hunters and Shamans at the same time... have to die!!!
    In my opinion it should allow (at least) 50% of leather-armor shoulders and heads xmogs to be shared with Hunters and Shamans. This would (maybe) save these two classes from leading the ugliest xmog rankings in the game.
    Mail is the worst looking armor in the game. However there is one set that i love that's the elaborate blightguard set. It looks so good that it's making me level my undead hunter for the first time in forever. If only shamans could be undead.

Quality + plenty of recolors. BFA system (except last tier ofc) was the best (two sets - one for pve and one for pvp + recolors for every difficulty).

We already have thousands and thousands of armor sets to mix and match. I'd rather we get 3D chestpieces and stuff, as that's new stuff for us to mix and match. We don't really need more flat chest textures.

10+ Year Old Account
    What exactly do you call "quality"?? The beauty of the armor? This is subjective. See the Hunters situation. For Blizzard, the Hunters' armor (which has mandated to please the Shamans for years) are beautiful. For 90% of Hunters players they are horrible.
    (ps: If you're within the 10% that you're super happy with your Hunter's xmogs you don't need to scream, I know you exist....... Champz).
    So I believe that more QUANTITY would be a way to (mathematically) start to appear xmogs that can please players more... after all, quality/beauty in WoW... is something very (very) subjective.
    Some "body painted" armor is cooler than some super new 3D models. As I said, quality/beauty is very subjective in this context.

Proving that "quality" in WoW is totally subjective...
    Look at this PET (Dragon Turtle) for example:

It would be a dream for me if Blizzard uses this PET as a base for a Hunter armor.
    I just think this Turtle's head would make an amazing Helmet for Hunter. But not like a hat, and yes like a mask.
    This color combination pleases me a lot too. Maybe the 3D back shell would look great... but everything else could be "body painted" which I would still find amazing.
    Do you agree? No? Well... See? quality is subjective.
    You are confusing quality with aesthetic. Liking something of lower quality because you prefer its aesthetic is not the same as judging quality.
    Last edited by Clone; 2021-06-12 at 04:49 PM.

I don't think i transmog to anything in this expansion... everything is just a really really slight recolor of the next. Even the mythic and pvp elite sets don't look special.
    And now we get a set we allready know and have seen for half a year... that was the laciest copout ever. Sure we did not wear it completly and we couldn't transmog it... but still how should someone get excited about this?

Quality wise i would say they are good ableit waaaay to clunky and bulky. Everyone looks like a platewarrior now. It is just getting to big. Give me back a slim set wihtout half a meter big gloves. You can still put details on it.

Sooo... both i guess as they went down with both.

Don't think I've changed from my transmog since about a week after that got introduced.

It's always a balancing act in reality, the last 10% would always come at exorbitant effort, even if something like quality might be overall preferable, there are limits.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Since cata every armor looks like it is made out of the same material. no shining metal, leather looks like wood, and weapons looks like they are made out of stone (ok, that's not armor). Their model engine is not capable of creating "real" looking weapons and armor in WoW. It's not wonder many sought after transmog looks come from the before cata era.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Since cata every armor looks like it is made out of the same material. no shining metal, leather looks like wood, and weapons looks like they are made out of stone (ok, that's not armor). Their model engine is not capable of creating "real" looking weapons and armor in WoW. It's not wonder many sought after transmog looks come from the before cata era.
    Nah, that is just their terribad artstyle (especially the weapon part). The only swords with an actual edge are from vanilla and tbc, since then all of them are just differently glowing clubs. A true limitation of their software is something like the way robes look.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Nah, that is just their terribad artstyle (especially the weapon part). The only swords with an actual edge are from vanilla and tbc, since then all of them are just differently glowing clubs. A true limitation of their software is something like the way robes look.
    You're probably right. On that note: What happened to two part cloth armor? Cloth shirt and pants. Why is every cloth chestpiece a robe today?

The irony here is that while everyone likes asking for quality, yet if we got noticeably less visual variety in their gear there'd be a lot of complaining about that too.