Poll: Which do you prefer?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Legion did just fine with quality AND quantity.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    The irony here is that while everyone likes asking for quality, yet if we got noticeably less visual variety in their gear there'd be a lot of complaining about that too.
    We already have plenty of quantity, thanks to legacy raids and dungeons. But the quality of gear in BfA, and especially now... /shiver
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

I've only ever used the Sanctified Scourgelord set on my DK. They will never make an armor set that looks better.

So yeah, quality over quantity.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

10+ Year Old Account
    The more armors they make the more chance that they will make something that I like, so quantity>quality for me. But there is a limit - I'd rather have 3 new armor sets than 1 new armor set with 5 or 6 recolors. And I don't personally give much of a shit if my chestpiece is 3D or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

With how well AI upscaling is working for other games it would be nice to see it used on old armor sets here. All the vanilla slutmog looks atrocious with low res, as do many of the best early tier armor sets like judgment etc - combined, pretty much the most popular transmog in the game despite the bad textures.

Most of the older stuff also has the more "realistic" things that looks less over the top anime style, so it would be nice to have them polished up. Like swords that are actual swords.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quality. Even with the limited sets, they have more versatility and longevity. They just need to improve their non-raid armor designs so we have more interesting basics to work with. For instance, Bastion would've been a great place to finally introduced a proper robe/toga. They make new armor bases/meshes(?) every blue moon, so it would've been nice to see.
    Last edited by Rozz; 2021-06-12 at 09:19 PM.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

I want Legion quality. We had quantity AND quality with those sets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Primarily I want every armor piece from here on out to include the extra 3D assets. The current armor system introduced in Legion should be the standard for making armor in the game look unique and modernized. Continuing to implement leveling and dungeon sets as if we're in 2013 significantly waters down the idea that this is a system meant to bring WoW's armor design more up-to-date.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Nah, that is just their terribad artstyle (especially the weapon part). The only swords with an actual edge are from vanilla and tbc, since then all of them are just differently glowing clubs. A true limitation of their software is something like the way robes look.
    Have to agree, many weapons from 2004-2010 of all quality and some since of lower quality like normal weapons should. It's the art style.

Legion and wod proved you can have quality and quantity. 80-90% of the sets from those expansions are very nice looking, in my opinion. And they. Still had every class have a unique set each tier.They backtracked on that, HARD, though after legion. Its very possible, they just don't put in the effort because irregardless of if they do, people will continue playing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Not sure how to spell it better, may be "balanced". I'm more with this kind of question.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

__---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__

Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    For 90% of Hunters players they are horrible.
    Can you link your source please?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Legion did just fine with quality AND quantity.
    Yep, some of my favourite hunter, warrior and monk sets are from Legion, which was also when they started with adding 3D components to feet, gloves and chest pieces. The Halls of Valor sets for example did this really well.

Not to mention we also had armor sets that matched the artifact weapons we got, which imo was a very good decision.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roship View Post
    Legion and wod proved you can have quality and quantity. 80-90% of the sets from those expansions are very nice looking, in my opinion. And they. Still had every class have a unique set each tier.They backtracked on that, HARD, though after legion. Its very possible, they just don't put in the effort because irregardless of if they do, people will continue playing.
    Legion had 12 class sets x 3 tiers (and ToS was revamp) + 12 class sets = 48 sets.

BfA had 4 sets x 4 tiers + 2x2x4 sets from warfronts + 16 race sets = 48 sets.

SL so far with 9.1 has 4x5 covenant sets + 2x4 raid + promised 12 class sets in 9.2 = 40 sets even if expac would be cut short.

You really overestimate Legion quantity.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a clothe I'm glad the started adding more 3d stuff to robes in particular. Previously we sure got quantity but it was practically same model with different textures.

I was not saying anywhere legion had "the most", or anything. I used it as an example of quantity AND quality. Bfa had the same quantity, but lots of subpar quality. SL has good quality, but less quantity.

I want more armor sets like the warfront armor where we have color-coordinated increasing levels of detail. It's far better than recolors for mixing/matching for a perfect transmog. Some days you want the smaller, sleeker set, and other mogs you want to deck yourselves with enough spikes to impale yourself by walking. And I want the pieces to match.

It was why I was so happy with artifact weapons, it was like they carefully designed them to match certain common class-specific transmog sets and colors, particularly with the normal vs enhanced transmogs of the base weapon that you got from the campaign.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

A balance between the two. I mean the limiting factor is the amount of work it takes to design, model, texture and rig the armours.
    I remember that artist who designed his own class sets for all races - they were incredible but there's no way Blizz would spend time and money implementing that level of variety/quality.
    Personally I think they should, and let us acquire such sets in a unique way (achievements, secrets, challenges etc) if they take time to get it will keep people subbed.

For me as a mog collector BFA has been the worst expac for a while. They touted more unique sets would be made to make up for lack of tier sets and how many people got excited for what they made? Everything except Mythic raid sets looked like dungeon gear.

I think they need to focus on quality a lot more outside of raids. Questing gear needs to look sharp and distinctive rather then being four flavors of bland. They got it alright in early wow and if it wasn't for the low pixel look I would still be mix and matching them. Somewhere around mop-wod arguably even as early as wrath greens just seemed to plain.

quality is better but it's also something that is largely personal taste, so quantity allows more chance of there being something to fit each players different tastes
    the transmog system has been one of the biggest quality of life improvements to the game, it's meant that even if the new armour graphics don't meet our tastes we can change them to something we do like (or, if we prefer, we can make our character wear silly pyjamas and slap everyone with glowy fish or a fel puppy on a stick)
    for the most part I've been able to make at least one transmog set that I like for each of my characters, though some are a lot more spoiled for choice