How to balance the leaders of the Alliance and Horde?

First of all, I will say that I am neutral (in fact, I am even more inclined towards the Alliance), but what is happened with the difference in strength between the leaders of the factions? The Alliance has Malfurion, Tyrande, Velen, Turalyon, Alleria, and Jaina. The Horde has... Thalyssra? Who ran away from Jaina screaming that Jaina was too strong. Thrall, who has lost his strength (although he is gradually beginning to regain them). And Sylvanas, who now works with the Jailer and is not part of the Horde.

I think the developers did a very stupid thing in Legion and Bfa (well, the whole plot of Bfa is full of stupidity, but I'm talking about allied races). Instead of completely useless alternative Mag'har (they could be given simply as a skin to ordinary orcs), the fel orcs (which many players have been waiting for for a very long time) could become the allied race, led by Theron Gorefiend (while he could be strengthened in some way) which would also look great as the opposite of the returning Turalyon. Although Turalyon could have been made neutral at all. Yes, I know that many Alliance players are unhappy when their characters become neutrals, but my god, the fact that Alleria and Turalyon still hate the Horde so much after a thousand years of war with the Legion is so stupid. It would be much more logical if Alleria and Turalyon remained neutral. Alleria would argue that she cannot choose between her two sisters and does not want to take a side in their war. Turalyon could have simply taken Tirion's place. I mean, Tirion died at 7.0 and Turalyon returned at 7.3. Some of the greatest people of the paladins never met, and Turalyon could simply act as Tyrion's replacement, becoming the neutral leader of all paladins in memory of Tirion.

As for the Nightborne, in the Legion it was possible, you know, not to destroy the Nightwell. What was the point in that? The Blood Elves are also addicted to their Well and they have befriended the Nightborne. Thus, the Nightborne would be a formidable fighting force (being great chronomancers), and Thalyssra herself could compete with Jaina in the magical arena (she could be a weaker arcana or ice mage, but surpass Jaina in her mastery of chronomancy).

Vol'jin could also be upnuted in some way (I mean, now he has merged with Loa, but he is unlikely to return to the world of the living). He could have made some kind of insole with Bwonsamdi or something, although he is already the strongest Shadow Hunter, if I'm not mistaken. And, of course, there was no need to take away Thrall's strength.

Thus, the Alliance would have Malfurion, Tyrande, Velen, Jaina, and the Horde would have Thrall, Sylvanas, Vol'jin, and Thalyssra. Well, as I said, if the Alliance still had Turalyon, the Horde could have Theron.

So what do you think? How will Blizzard now be able to equalize the forces of the leaders of the Alliance and the Horde (not counting the killing of the leaders of the Alliance)?
    Last edited by darkoms; 2021-06-11 at 11:16 PM.

Don't stress too much about that. By the time the next faction war comes around, the power levels will once more bounce back and forth to ensure that the horde will be at least on par with alliance in all regards.

You really can't. (Osa the Kaldorei already outnumber the entire Horde)
    But I am in favor that at least each Horde race has to have a PC that is a level that their presence is important. Or at least Lothamer level.

You are missing Maiev, Shandris, Jarold and a few more humans for sure.

5+ Year Old Account
    The solution is quite simple. Kill the worst offenders such as Malfie or Jaina, preferably as raid bosses. You could also have Alleria get a little too high with dat grape juice, so she is sent to some random void-infested world, in order to complete the job.

Man, I'm positively delighted, Alliance fans would finally get the story focus they seem to crave so desperately
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    The solution is quite simple. Kill the worst offenders such as Malfie or Jaina, preferably as raid bosses. You could also have Alleria get a little too high with dat grape juice, so she is sent to some random void-infested world, in order to complete the job.

Man, I'm positively delighted, Alliance fans would finally get the story focus they seem to crave so desperately
    Revenge for "mah kween", eh?

On topic, there's no need to balance the leaders. The second the idiotic faction war rears its ugly head, all Alliance leaders instantly forget how to change their socks, let alone use any powers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

You could consider it a negative that the Horde major characters aren't as powerful.

But Horde leaders aren't reigned in as often. Alliance leaders rarely get to cut loose.

Malfurion and Tyrande have recently. Until then, it was considered extremely unsatisfying that these leaders weren't allowed to.

Velen too, so much potential and power and it isn't being used against the Horde really.

Kind of makes all that power worthless. All this "epic" power is kind of useless because in a world of war, the power is usually expected to be used as a hammer to slam down the nail of the other side. If the Horde had the power, and won the wars, with leaders like Garrosh, what would the end result be -- destruction of the Alliance? The Alliance can afford to have these powers because characters like Velen or Anduin refuse to kill and butcher for its own sake or to 'truly end' the war through killing. This is why the Alliance is poised to win all the time every major war -- it's no mistake, that 'good' has to prevail.
    Last edited by Razion; 2021-06-15 at 04:16 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    Revenge for "mah kween", eh?

On topic, there's no need to balance the leaders. The second the idiotic faction war rears its ugly head, all Alliance leaders instantly forget how to change their socks, let alone use any powers.
    "mah kween"? She is going to have her butt slapped in the next raid, and I'm completely fine with it. As a matter of fact, I am already regretting that we won't be able to kill her for good, for obvious reasons. So, as a most fervent Ally fan, do you want Danuser's Story Focus™ or not?
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    "mah kween"? She is going to have her butt slapped in the next raid, and I'm completely fine with it. As a matter of fact, I am already regretting that we won't be able to kill her for good, for obvious reasons. So, as a most fervent Ally fan, do you want Danuser's Story Focus™ or not?
    Sorry, I assumed. I don't think the way Blizz kills characters in the lowest of comic book forms, regardless of faction, is good story telling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Who needs balance? The writers give no shit about established power rankings and let the Horde characters win every time either way. The Alliance never uses their full power.

The writers managed to write a story, where both Alliance and Horde fans are equally unhappy with. Alliance because their wins are on paper only and Horde because they get the short end of the stick lore figure wise.