Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    You're better off donating to charities or buying directly from LGBTQ+ owned businesses/fan gear sites if that's what you want to support. Even Wowhead's enamel pins are better than this.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Man, these are overpiced AF lol.
    actually not that bad, im not gunna buy em as my sister works at a embrodierer, so we have acsess to buyying shirts DIRECTLY from facotry, which means insanely cheap prices, then if i want a design i can just send it to her and boom, only like 15$ instead of 25$
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    I admit, i'm surprised. Notice how it's called "rainbow graphic" and not "pride" though.
    Read the description.

Show your Pride in true Blizzard style. Showing the classic Blizzard logo in rainbow Pride colours there's nothing better to show your support this summer.

Binary T-shirts for pride? What is this tomfoolery...

Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    You're better off donating to charities or buying directly from LGBTQ+ owned businesses/fan gear sites if that's what you want to support. Even Wowhead's enamel pins are better than this.
    I agree to an extent. I don't believe in selectively purchasing who you buy from based off of conditions you're born with.

Charity however is a big point. Better to donate to that, than buy from someone who says they're _____ to get your money.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a Bi guy myself... Blizz can shove their pride merch... despite the fact that I am sure people on the lower level care about pride, as a company itself I'll get my pride elsewhere thank you
    Last edited by Orby; 2021-06-12 at 08:03 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    I agree to an extent. I don't believe in selectively purchasing who you buy from based off of conditions you're born with.

Charity however is a big point. Better to donate to that, than buy from someone who says they're _____ to get your money.
    It's not about saying you're "x" to get peoples money, but reminding ppl if they wanted to support the business/ work of a specific demographic then do so in a logical way.

Putting money directly into a charity or a business apart of the community you want to help, does more than filling the pockets of corporations that do the bare minimum for shitty products. Those are the ones blatantly putting on a sticker to get your money.

It's not about saying you're "x" to get peoples money, but reminding ppl if they wanted to support the business/ work of a specific demographic then do so in a logical way.

Putting money directly into a charity or a business apart of the community you want to help, does more than filling the pockets of corporations that do the bare minimum for shitty products. Those are the ones blatantly putting on a sticker to get your money.
    Well, buying from a place because they're blscm owned is like buying from a place because they're white owned. There's no difference.

Same goes for LGBTQ+ businesses. Just doesn't make sense to specifically look out for businesses owned by a specific demographic. That's the exact opposite of what we should be doing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, buying from a place because they're blscm owned is like buying from a place because they're white owned. There's no difference.

Same goes for LGBTQ+ businesses. Just doesn't make sense to specifically look out for businesses owned by a specific demographic. That's the exact opposite of what we should be doing.
    Yep you don't promote tolerance by promoting such practices, that is one of the things that went wrong with immigration.

As for Blizzard effort, overpriced merchandise (what seems to be the standard for blizzard) might be a genuine effort of someone to do something for this event to raise awareness but butchered by marketing nonetheless, considering how little good will people have towards the company currently might have been better to do nothing but considering their alienation towards their core playerbase i doubt those in charge really care.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BossManRoth View Post
    i mean the whole idea of pride month is just a corporate cash grab. sucks youve fallen for it in the past but congrats on seeing past the curtain now
    I don't think Pride Month was started by corporations, they simply saw an opportunity to cash in like every bloodsucking life form does. And if it did, well, at least most of us are smart enough to both know and avoid their clearly misguided products.

5+ Year Old Account

That projection had nothing to do with what I'm talking about and I'm not going into the ignorance of it.

My point is that people who want to support local restaurants shouldn't go to fast food chains. If you want to support lgbtq groups during pride, then do so. You're doing more to help people directly if you support them directly.
    Last edited by Rozz; 2021-06-12 at 07:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    I want "Difficult E-sports moment" shirt.

I'm not telling you to not buy it, but you shouldn't really go into a sale predicated on something fleeting like Pride month, and expect the world.
    Blizzard's Values (just like all corporations) only align with yours until they get your money, and then tomorrow comes and their values will align with someone else's instead.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    This feels more like Blizz trying to profit rather than supporting.
    Oh I know that's exactly what it is about. I was just surprised at how little effort they did in their attempt to cash in on the gay dollar. Like I said earlier, I wasn't expecting the pride pin to be made available again simply because it was a limited time deal. I just expected to see more than the two t-shirts and a hoodie. Had they actually put a little more effort in, they could have got more profit from sales of other stuff too.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHumanResources View Post
    Man! I can't believe this videogame company hasn't made more clothing.

Jesus fuck
    Nearly all video game companies offer merchandise from the various video games they offer. I've seen stuff for Aion, EverQuest, Runescape, and even the yet-to-be-released game Crowfall is selling various merchandise on their website (shirts, stickers, hoodies, hats, sweatshirts, backpacks, mugs, tumblers).

Quote Originally Posted by Falkeshall View Post
    65 dollars for a fucking hoodie? Christ.
    $65 for a hoodie is pretty normal for IP merch not just for Blizzard but other companies too. I have bought 2 different zip-up hoodies from Blizzard with Horde logos on them and they were very good quality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Blizz could have just done what other video games did, like DBD, and added pride flags into the game. It’s simple, but it shows support without making money off of it.
    Pretty much, yeah. It's pretty obvious when companies are just trying to cash in, especially when literally all they do is just some shite merch that they probably had an intern slap together. It's almost offensive how little effort Blizz put into this, but I haven't held a decent opinion of them for a very long time so I'm not exactly surprised.

That projection had nothing to do with what I'm talking about and I'm not going into the ignorance of it.

My point is that people who want to support local restaurants shouldn't go to fast food chains. If you want to support lgbtq groups during pride, then do so. You're doing more to help people directly if you support them directly.
    That's being selective based off of gender/race/sexuality, which is not a good thing to promote whatsoever.

Last year people were trying to profit off a tragic death. Where does it end?

5+ Year Old Account
    That's being selective based off of gender/race/sexuality, which is not a good thing to promote whatsoever.

Last year people were trying to profit off a tragic death. Where does it end?
    I'm not debating a made up scenario because you don't understand the conversation.

I'm not debating a made up scenario because you don't understand the conversation.
    Fuck it, I'll take the bait.

In other words, you would rather pretend I'm speaking nonsense than to face a fact you can't argue.

It's a wonder you're a moderator if you can't do something as basic as meet in the middle and agree to disagree, instead of resulting to strawmanning and feigning ignorance.

My inner cynic rolls his eyes whenever I read about companies selling pride merchandise or using the plights of marginalised people as a way of marketing their brand.

As mentioned already, if you want to support people do it directly. Companies, especially large ones like Blizzard, are probably the last place you should be looking for support for human rights and dignity.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Would be stupid for any company not to get in on this... Such easy money, with almost no risk in Blizzards market segment.

Pride is almost becoming a meme in pop culture - ofcouse companies are gonna benefit from that.