Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I believe you have misread my comment. They used to reside in Hyjal, then didn't, now a large number of refugees by lore reside in Hyjal again, and most likely feeling like they will take over again, even though Hyjal is now neutral.
    yeah maybe i didn't get what u mean
    regardless some zones while 'neutral' in wow were still obvious whose zone is this, Barrens for example is 'contested' in-game, but it is obvious it is horde zone, well Northern Barrens now
    Ashenvale IS nelf zone, regardless of all what horde does there, they want some lumber to live, but if horde can get lumber from any other source, they will leave ashenvale, nelf on other hand will never leave ashenvale
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    yeah maybe i didn't get what u mean
    regardless some zones while 'neutral' in wow were still obvious whose zone is this, Barrens for example is 'contested' in-game, but it is obvious it is horde zone, well Northern Barrens now
    Ashenvale IS nelf zone, regardless of all what horde does there, they want some lumber to live, but if horde can get lumber from any other source, they will leave ashenvale, nelf on other hand will never leave ashenvale
    I believe that Moonglade was the capital in WC3, Nighthaven village to be precise.. Hyjal was always sacred, a wild god, druidic and, dragon thing mostly.

And yes it is. It's funny, a non-night elven race occupying it doesn't stop it from being night elven. So far they have

Suramar, Azsuna, Val'sharah, Broken shore
    Hyjal, Azshara, Felwood, Darkshore, Teldrassil, Ashenvale, Stonetalon, Desolace, Feralas
    Crystalsong Forest

All these are night elf lands - have night elf architecture, structures, night elf bestiary and creatures - whether non night elven races invade them or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    Game Dev does not work that way. They planned that stuff ahead.
    They revealed this in an interview Darkshore was planned in BFA (b/c of backlash I rpresume), and originally for 8.3, it was then borught forward to 8.1 because of backlash. Too lazy to search for the twist

Broken Isles will probably stay forever in the past. Why would they move Night Elves to the broken isles? What purpose would that serve?
    People where just extrapolating from the BFA video where eastern kingdoms turned blue and Kalimdor turned red, just like you.
    they had a massive panel showing the map.. cba to search for it, but it's there, just look for BFA panel when it was first annoucned.

Do you have a source for that?
    No, that is just deduction, it seems an awful co-incience not to be, but I don't recall any official comment saying that outright.

So maybe it wasn't.. it's not liek they use these things after we're done questing, they just get dumped.. and left for levelling.

Quote Originally Posted by Beloren View Post
    They revealed this in an interview Darkshore was planned in BFA (b/c of backlash I rpresume), and originally for 8.3, it was then borught forward to 8.1 because of backlash. Too lazy to search for the twist
    One second at 8.3
    Which was supposed to be 8.1, 8.2 and 8.3

So they put Nzoth just because they realized that the BFA made water?

----Edit---
    Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    At the moment, with the way they suddenly made Tyrande fold like a chair? I doubt it...all this time and still no home for the Worgen...Gnomes still don't really have a home.
    If he said "no revenge Without rebuilding" how are they supposed to rebuild a capital without rebuilding a capital?
    I also preferred the option of revenge.
    Last edited by geco; 2021-06-16 at 10:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    At the moment, with the way they suddenly made Tyrande fold like a chair? I doubt it...all this time and still no home for the Worgen...Gnomes still don't really have a home.

Quote Originally Posted by geco View Post
    One second at 8.3

Nah, N'zoth was always planned for 8.3 - that I wouldn't, they were going to release Darkshore warfront then too, but brought it forward for 8.1

- - - Updated - - -

Aren't Gnomes now in Mechagon?

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Extremely unlikely to happen. If it were to happen, I'd say it would be after a full world revamp, but those didn't even touch everything originally.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Nah, N'zoth was always planned for 8.3 - that I wouldn't, they were going to release Darkshore warfront then too, but brought it forward for 8.1

- - - Updated - - -

Aren't Gnomes now in Mechagon?
    Still radiated from an in game standpoint...if they can't bother to fix that or have us go back to Gilneas I can't imagine them putting effort into finding a new city for the Night Elves. They're notorious for not really caring...Stormwind probably only got fixed because it's "thee" Alliance hub...and because they wanted to make a grave for Varian anyways

But then.
    We were to continue at war while we fought against Nzoth.

Worse still ... the Horde was going to remain in Kaldorei territory after revealing itself against Sylvanas.

Was the Horde going to create Sira and Dalarin without Sylvana around?

Still radiated from an in game standpoint...if they can't bother to fix that or have us go back to Gilneas I can't imagine them putting effort into finding a new city for the Night Elves. They're notorious for not really caring...Stormwind probably only got fixed because it's "thee" Alliance hub...and because they wanted to make a grave for Varian anyways
    You mean Gnomeragan is still irradiated. Mechagon is the mecahgnome city in Mechagon island, lots of room.

I can't imagine them doing it either, but I can imagine the city.. Zin'Aznsari looking city in Feralas or on Hyjal. I would prefer Hyjal cos it's got the Tree and Well.

But no reason they can't have two cities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Vulpera has not had a capitol or even town for decades, and I would love to see a nomad camp/town traveling up and down Kalimdor.
    Yo, this idea is sick though? With some clever use of phasing of its' "inn", or rather the exit/entry of said inn, you could technically bind a hearthstone to a moving location.
    Can imagine them travelling from southern Ashenvale, through Desolace, all the way into Feralas.
    Though getting into Tanaris might be an issue, I dont see a caravan safely descending into Thousand Needles. Maybe a new tunnel would have to be dug?
    Also. So many alpaca.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

10+ Year Old Account
    You mean Gnomeragan is still irradiated. Mechagon is the mecahgnome city in Mechagon island, lots of room.

I can't imagine them doing it either, but I can imagine the city.. Zin'Aznsari looking city in Feralas or on Hyjal. I would prefer Hyjal cos it's got the Tree and Well.

But no reason they can't have two cities.
    Well I'm tired....I obviously meant the Gnome Gnome city

The only displaced race so far to get any new place is the Trolls, and all they got their small island back with a few huts. I don't see the Nelves or the Worgen getting anything any time soon, and I'd saw the same for the Forsaken if Sylvanas wasn't being treated as some kind of misunderstood antihero...may very well return to Azeroth and them...probably with her new found powers eliminate the blight even
    Last edited by Kithelle; 2021-06-17 at 07:51 AM.

So:

My Answers:
    1. Yes it will happen - because you've moaned too much about it:
    a) It will happen when they do a world revamp
    b) It will happen using existing assets polished and repurposed
    It will happen one day but not soon because Blizz has no idea what to do with the game atm lol. It's a shit fest.

One second at 8.3

Nothing to do with N'zoth, he was always the plan for 8.3, it's only Darkshore that was brought forward cos of alliance whiners.

- - - Updated - - -

Well I'm tired....I obviously meant the Gnome Gnome city

The only displaced race so far to get any new place is the Trolls, and all they got is a small island with a few huts. I don't see the Nelves or the Worgen getting anything any time soon, and I'd saw the same for the Forsaken if Sylvanas wasn't being treated as some kind of misunderstood antihero...may very well return to Azeroth and them...probably with her new found powers eliminate the blight even
    They gave trolls a massive 3 zone bonanza with a majestic troll civilization. Dazar'alor is pretty cool, you should check it out if you play wow again..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    Yo, this idea is sick though? With some clever use of phasing of its' "inn", or rather the exit/entry of said inn, you could technically bind a hearthstone to a moving location.
    Can imagine them travelling from southern Ashenvale, through Desolace, all the way into Feralas.
    Though getting into Tanaris might be an issue, I dont see a caravan safely descending into Thousand Needles. Maybe a new tunnel would have to be dug?
    Also. So many alpaca.
    yeh.. it would be cool, and novel too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, the original plan for one continent for an faction was never going to work.

There is absolutely no way for the Alliance to displace the blood elves without holding total control over them if they do. Blood elves would be Horde but the Alliance would control the source of their health and power? Even now the Alliance couldn't rout out majority of the Forsaken, except for Brill and Lordaeron City the Forsaken still own all their cities and in-Lore even have Alterac City now.

Same with the Horde and displacing the night elves and draenei. The draenei were armed to the teeth and still on warfooting because of Legion, they could dig in on their islands and in Elegy, Velen even said the draenei were ready to repel any invasion on Azuremyst and Velen himself was prepared to head there immediatly to fight off an invasion.

And the night elves were fighting a guerilla war, yes their armies got pushed out of Ashenvale and Darkshore, but they were both able to (stealthily) return, take over Hyjal and still fight the Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowtwili View Post
    Honestly, the original plan for one continent for an faction was never going to work.

There is absolutely no way for the Alliance to displace the blood elves without holding total control over them if they do. Blood elves would be Horde but the Alliance would control the source of their health and power? Even now the Alliance couldn't rout out majority of the Forsaken, except for Brill and Lordaeron City the Forsaken still own all their cities and in-Lore even have Alterac City now.

Same with the Horde and displacing the night elves and draenei. The draenei were armed to the teeth and still on warfooting because of Legion, they could dig in on their islands and in Elegy, Velen even said the draenei were ready to repel any invasion on Azuremyst and Velen himself was prepared to head there immediatly to fight off an invasion.

And the night elves were fighting a guerilla war, yes their armies got pushed out of Ashenvale and Darkshore, but they were both able to (stealthily) return, take over Hyjal and still fight the Horde.
    Yep these plans were never going to work because the Night Elves and Blood Elves would never abandon their lands and always get them back in the end.

It would be interesting to see what defenses the Azuremyst Islands have with the Draenei and their Lightforged cousins using the full might of their technology and magic to prepare themselves against an invasion.

Nothing to do with N'zoth, he was always the plan for 8.3, it's only Darkshore that was brought forward cos of alliance whiners.
    So the same patch was going to have the war front and Nzoth?
    Or are you saying there wasn't going to be an Elf vs. Forsaken war front?
    That I was only going to see a single war front in the entire expansion?

If it was really going to be in 8.3. He means that Nzoth was not there and that the story was going to be quite different. What's more, Sylvanas should still be a warchief for 8.3. Otherwise, that fight did not make sense.

PD: And I agree with all those who say here.
    Ironically the Elves have more tradition with their lands than the rest of their factions.
    If you separate them from their land, you break part of their tradition.

The Kaldorei only defend "Their forests" will not really defend another.
    And the Blood Elves want the source of the sun.

So the same patch was going to have the war front and Nzoth?
    Or are you saying there wasn't going to be an Elf vs. Forsaken war front?
    I'm not saying, they said, it was in an interview a while back.
    That I was only going to see a single war front in the entire expansion?
    dunno, there plans do change and modify, do you remember when warfronts were announced, nobody thought Darkshore would be a warfront.. people thoguht Feralas, Ashenvale, Quel'thalas, Azshara, Swamp of Sorrows etc.. no one thought Darkshore, it's possible it wasn't on the raider till the whiners started.

If it was really going to be in 8.3. He means that Nzoth was not there and that the story was going to be quite different. What's more, Sylvanas should still be a warchief for 8.3. Otherwise, that fight did not make sense.
    it doesn't' mean anything, the darkshore warfront isn't really relevant tot he progression of the events in the main line, think about it.

They could have had Tyradne do Darkshore in 8.2 or 8.3 - the results of darkshore don't affect anything in the main storyline they were telling, because they were never going to go back to those areas.

Why would Darkshore in 8.3 mean N'zoth was not there? All it would mean was that Tyrande iand Malfurion with the night lef survivors would be fighitng Darkshorew hile the allies were fighting N'zoth. Just like we were fighting Battle for Dazar'alor while we wer fighting Darkshore AND Stromgarde

I'm not saying, they said, it was in an interview a while back.

dunno, there plans do change and modify, do you remember when warfronts were announced, nobody thought Darkshore would be a warfront.. people thoguht Feralas, Ashenvale, Quel'thalas, Azshara, Swamp of Sorrows etc.. no one thought Darkshore, it's possible it wasn't on the raider till the whiners started.

it doesn't' mean anything, the darkshore warfront isn't really relevant tot he progression of the events in the main line, think about it.

They could have had Tyradne do Darkshore in 8.2 or 8.3 - the results of darkshore don't affect anything in the main storyline they were telling, because they were never going to go back to those areas.

Why would Darkshore in 8.3 mean N'zoth was not there? All it would mean was that Tyrande iand Malfurion with the night lef survivors would be fighitng Darkshorew hile the allies were fighting N'zoth. Just like we were fighting Battle for Dazar'alor while we wer fighting Darkshore AND Stromgarde
    Sorry if I'm being aggressive that is not the idea is more against the writers.

But hey, in truth, Darkshore was always in front of fighting, the difference is that before it was going to be in Ashenvale. But they switched to the winged zone.

About what is a paralera story. In that if you are very wrong.
    Because the Kaldorei are fighting with the Horde. So the Horde is actively wanting that territory. I mean, think about it. That war front means that the Horde is attacking the Kaldorei lands while fighting with Nzoth and while signed with Anduin. Because?

I mean ... Either Sylvanas is a war chief or Anduin and the council signed some treaty in which the Horde did not return the territories to the Kaldorei.

The second I see especially stupid so I assume it would be the first so ... Sylvanas was going to continue being warchief at the end of BFA.
    So the plot was very different.
    Last edited by geco; 2021-06-17 at 03:30 PM.

Sorry if I'm being aggressive that is not the idea is more against the writers.

But hey, in truth, Costa Oscura was always in front of fighting, the difference is that before it was going to be in Ashenvale. But they switched to the winged zone.

About what is a paralera story. In that if you are very wrong.
    Because the Kaldorei are fighting with the Horde. So the Horde is actively wanting that territory. I mean, think about it. That war front means that the Horde is attacking the Kaldorei lands while fighting with Nzoth and while signed with Anduin. Because?

I mean ... Either Sylvanas is a war chief or Anduin and the council signed some treaty in which the Horde did not return the territories to the Kaldorei.

The second I see especially stupid so I assume it would be the first so ... Sylvanas was going to continue being warchief at the end of BFA.
    So the plot was very different.
    In the warfront the Kaldorei are attacking. The horde already has the zone from the events of the WoT in the BFA pre patch.

I think canonically only the alliance warfront event happens and they win the zone.