Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ...
7
15
16
17
  1. #321
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    [MENTION=1460006]
    Night elves are not going to build a wooden city for a capital, that is not the place for it, nor is it in line with night elven druidism - i don't see them distoring that many trees for homes @Tanaria
    When I say "wooden" I mean, a very heavily forest themed city, just like Darnassus.

    A city that is extremely intertwined with nature.

    That is what the next capital city of the night elves should look like, with a large Temple of Elune HQ. Now, the Temple isn't going to be an extremely large "Tomb of Sargeras" Temple - it's not practical to use it in the context of being a place where Tyrande and Malfurion stand. It should likely be something that is a good mix between the Temple within Val'Sharah and the Temple within Darnassus. A large Moonwell with Haidene's statue is pretty much essential.

    The buildings should look like those of Darnassus, but updated. So, heavily nature-looking, but night elf coloured buildings.

    It seems to me, that Blizzard are very "forest" themed with the Alliance Night Elves. I mean, they base themselves at Mt Hyjal. The Darkshore Warfront was all about "What happens when you step foot into the kaldorei forests..." The Night Elf spirits in Ardenweald are glad to be back in such a beautiful forest. This isn't conjecture - this is a fact. I think Blizzard would greatly benefit from having this as the capital city, so people who want that feeling of the Warcraft 3 Night Elves, with forests, strong druidism, priesthood, sentinels, wardens etc - can get those feels.

    Those who like night elf mages/highborne and everything associated with them, will have their own city (won't be the night elf capital), but will have their own city and large quest hub in Feralas with a restored Eldre'Thalas. Dire Maul West will be added to the Azerothian Map and here you see more lowborne night elf mage students, learning the arcane from the Shen'dralar, but also the Quel'dorei High Elves, the Ren'dorei and Night Elf Mages, who have become tutors like Vestia Moonspear.

  2. #322
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    When I say "wooden" I mean, a very heavily forest themed city, just like Darnassus.

    A city that is extremely intertwined with nature.

    That is what the next capital city of the night elves should look like, with a large Temple of Elune HQ. Now, the Temple isn't going to be an extremely large "Tomb of Sargeras" Temple - it's not practical to use it in the context of being a place where Tyrande and Malfurion stand. It should likely be something that is a good mix between the Temple within Val'Sharah and the Temple within Darnassus. A large Moonwell with Haidene's statue is pretty much essential.

    The buildings should look like those of Darnassus, but updated. So, heavily nature-looking, but night elf coloured buildings.

    It seems to me, that Blizzard are very "forest" themed with the Alliance Night Elves. I mean, they base themselves at Mt Hyjal. The Darkshore Warfront was all about "What happens when you step foot into the kaldorei forests..." The Night Elf spirits in Ardenweald are glad to be back in such a beautiful forest. This isn't conjecture - this is a fact. I think Blizzard would greatly benefit from having this as the capital city, so people who want that feeling of the Warcraft 3 Night Elves, with forests, strong druidism, priesthood, sentinels, wardens etc - can get those feels.

    Those who like night elf mages/highborne and everything associated with them, will have their own city (won't be the night elf capital), but will have their own city and large quest hub in Feralas with a restored Eldre'Thalas. Dire Maul West will be added to the Azerothian Map and here you see more lowborne night elf mage students, learning the arcane from the Shen'dralar, but also the Quel'dorei High Elves, the Ren'dorei and Night Elf Mages, who have become tutors like Vestia Moonspear.
    There should be a paladin training section for new Night Elves paladins with Delias Moonfang and Draenei, both normal and lightforged, as teachers in the new temple of Elune.

    And Draenei should also send some help to train new NE mages too.

  3. #323
    Quote Originally Posted by Terrorthatflapsinthenight View Post
    There should be a paladin training section for new Night Elves paladins with Delias Moonfang and Draenei, both normal and lightforged, as teachers in the new temple of Elune.

    And Draenei should also send some help to train new NE mages too.
    Why Draenei? They didn't stir a finger to come to the aid of the NE's in their darkest hour. Fuck Draenei. Just sayin'

  4. #324
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    Why Draenei? They didn't stir a finger to come to the aid of the NE's in their darkest hour. Fuck Draenei. Just sayin'
    Only because the writers are morons. The fact that no Draenei or Worgen came was BS.

  5. #325
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    This is Tyrande's showing in game up till the Night warrior story in 8.1 which I remind you WAS NOT PLAN - she was thoroughly intended to be ignored after her cameo again in the War of thorns - she is written as absent until the last moment, with almost zero display of power.

    Then the fans moaned, heavily, then over powered Night warrior sequence is written, Darkshore selected as the warfront and brought forward to 8.1 instead of 8.3,

    Blizzard begin to realise that night elves are popular, because fans now start speaking up on horde dominated reddit and official forum sites about it, they are angry, it matters.

    Tyrande gets more roles, almost grudgingly seeing by the quality - i mean with all that power she doesn't even manage to beat Nathanos in the Darkshore campaign - compare that to how much more competently powerful and demonstrated Sylvnaas and Jaina are in action

    when it comes to 8.2 as if to confirm these guys are only writing her because of fan demand, Danuser says, they didn't write her into 8.2 because seh already shows up in 8.1 - WTF? I guess he forgets Jaina showed up in 8.0, 8.1 main story line (not side warfront) and raid, is also injured, yet manages to show up , in the night elven birth place zone, capital of their seat of power to take on their former Queen responsible basically for the mess their in - but Tyrande can't show up because she is used in 8.1



    I mean, now do you understand why her character has been so shitty mostly? Ignored for most of wow, Cut quite alot, and something always messed up when she shows - remember the cataclysm well of eternity instance -- and that voice ? WTF - remember Malfurion's line too?
    So out of touch. I'm gonna be so pissed if they kill her off. Worst if they kill her off so they don't have to bother writing her anymore.

  6. #326
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    So out of touch. I'm gonna be so pissed if they kill her off. Worst if they kill her off so they don't have to bother writing her anymore.
    We've got more risk of Turaylon going Light-a wall and doing what Yrel has done to AU Draenor than we have Tyrande dying...especially now that she is able to "control Elune's power."

    Quote Originally Posted by Terrorthatflapsinthenight View Post
    There should be a paladin training section for new Night Elves paladins with Delias Moonfang and Draenei, both normal and lightforged, as teachers in the new temple of Elune.

    And Draenei should also send some help to train new NE mages too.
    Go for it.

    It's about time the Paladin class was available to Night Elves. They'd probably get the best looking Saber-Paladin mounts in the game.

  7. #327
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    When I say "wooden" I mean, a very heavily forest themed city, just like Darnassus.

    A city that is extremely intertwined with nature.

    That is what the next capital city of the night elves should look like, with a large Temple of Elune HQ. Now, the Temple isn't going to be an extremely large "Tomb of Sargeras" Temple - it's not practical to use it in the context of being a place where Tyrande and Malfurion stand. It should likely be something that is a good mix between the Temple within Val'Sharah and the Temple within Darnassus. A large Moonwell with Haidene's statue is pretty much essential.

    The buildings should look like those of Darnassus, but updated. So, heavily nature-looking, but night elf coloured buildings.

    It seems to me, that Blizzard are very "forest" themed with the Alliance Night Elves. I mean, they base themselves at Mt Hyjal. The Darkshore Warfront was all about "What happens when you step foot into the kaldorei forests..." The Night Elf spirits in Ardenweald are glad to be back in such a beautiful forest. This isn't conjecture - this is a fact. I think Blizzard would greatly benefit from having this as the capital city, so people who want that feeling of the Warcraft 3 Night Elves, with forests, strong druidism, priesthood, sentinels, wardens etc - can get those feels.

    Those who like night elf mages/highborne and everything associated with them, will have their own city (won't be the night elf capital), but will have their own city and large quest hub in Feralas with a restored Eldre'Thalas. Dire Maul West will be added to the Azerothian Map and here you see more lowborne night elf mage students, learning the arcane from the Shen'dralar, but also the Quel'dorei High Elves, the Ren'dorei and Night Elf Mages, who have become tutors like Vestia Moonspear.
    Darnassus on top of tree was an ingenious idea, but if I’m honest those wood building there look bad compared to the Greco-Roman style marble ones.

    They should pick one or the other, both looks a bit confused and not las nice when you compare to the unified theme of Suramar or Zin’Azshari

    And I think Ravenmoon is right on this one, wood buoldings work against the Druid ethos for a city - they wouldn’t manipulate trees to that extent cos they like raw nature closest to the emerald dream.

    Therefore, the night elf nature love in a city makes sense to show up as gardens with flowers, also parks - I don’t see what’s wrong with that. There is plenty of forest outside like in Teldrassil.

    When I saw Suramar, the commons area looked very night elf, homes had lots of flora mixed in. They didn’t have parks and rooftop gardens like Zin’Azshari video, but it was more than any other city in the game. Nee night elf city must add those rooftop gardens

    The elite section he is also right is distinguished as Highborne because of the more jewelled and ornamented stuff on the buildings making them look richer, like for lords and rulers and there are still trees and flowers but a lot less than the commons area. It’s not the style that changes but details like this.

    I’m not sure what is so bad about it any longer. I don’t really have a problem. They can make their capital as lovely as they want, as long as they upgrade Silvermoon spectacularly.

    I would rather they just cut together bits from Suramar and Nar’thalas and give it a Zin’Azshari theme with parks than they waste time designing a new concept.

    New concept means less time to do our city.

    Why go for a 4th iteration of night elf stuff? We’ve not been iterated on since our stuff came in 2.0

    They’ve shown us enough. I understand night elf fans have waited a long long time to see this, but they got their stuff in 7.0 and 8.2


    Our turn now. I want our floating towers and Phoenix spires. A like the vista he we saw in Sylvanas’ Warbringer video



    or like this



    - - - Updated - - -



    I use to really like this one it’s amazing but has too much Kaldorei influence it looks more ight elven than what they have shown us for blood elves

    maybe this is how the first version looked?
    Last edited by Beloren; 2021-07-05 at 01:09 PM.

  8. #328
    I feel like it'd be cool to see Night Elves move into a place the Worgen have, as a way for the Worgen to repay the Night Elves for them housing them for so long. It'd be cool to see the Blackwald, that twisted witchwood, purposed as a capital theme for Worgen and Night Elves collectively. It might also be appropriate, considering Elune's ties to the Worgen, especially at a time now that the Night Elves have this tie to the aspect of the Night Warriors, could be weaved in as a kind of pilgrimage for them to retake Gilneas in total as a mutual effort. Also, Gilneas is in a nice sort of centralized location in the Eastern Kingdoms, which would make it a great staging ground for an expansion in terms of launching off in any direction for content throughout an expansion. I feel like it also plays into the theme of making Night Elves more feral, to be housed in a more primal and feral looking forest with very dangerous visual elements. Also, it helps play into the growing rivalry between the Forsaken and the Worgen and Night Elves from the war.

  9. #329
    Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    I feel like it'd be cool to see Night Elves move into a place the Worgen have, as a way for the Worgen to repay the Night Elves for them housing them for so long. It'd be cool to see the Blackwald, that twisted witchwood, purposed as a capital theme for Worgen and Night Elves collectively. It might also be appropriate, considering Elune's ties to the Worgen, especially at a time now that the Night Elves have this tie to the aspect of the Night Warriors, could be weaved in as a kind of pilgrimage for them to retake Gilneas in total as a mutual effort. Also, Gilneas is in a nice sort of centralized location in the Eastern Kingdoms, which would make it a great staging ground for an expansion in terms of launching off in any direction for content throughout an expansion. I feel like it also plays into the theme of making Night Elves more feral, to be housed in a more primal and feral looking forest with very dangerous visual elements. Also, it helps play into the growing rivalry between the Forsaken and the Worgen and Night Elves from the war.
    I've heard that a few times, never quite understood it. I far prefer night elf architecture to Gilneas one, and I'd think it a massive waste after 5 night elf cities and 16 zones, that they have to end up sharing with the worgen.

    Besides I'd like the Gilneans to be their own separate thing,, obviously having a friendship with the night elves because of their help, but not move in with them permanently. and for blizzard to do a night elf worgen like Mace suggested a while ago, and that would be a full forest elf race, sort of like Nightborne are a full city night elf race, while the kaldorei themselves have all the aspects all the elves have, because ofc, they're the parent race all the other elves come from.

    The worgen night elf race would have a forested city, they're not the nature purists like the kaldorei druids, so they have made wooden homes, their ability to shift into semi animal worgen state and their length in the emerald dream makes them quite adapt. I'd love to see a raeclike that.

    Mace suggested that they be half night elves in night elf form, and can either have normal night elf legs, or animal alterations, including faun legs, or arms with winged feathers, or bird legs instead, panther legs etc,or wooden arms like keepers, antlers and options for leaves for hair instead. this is all part of their customisation.

    Worgen form won't be the only one, you can choose either a worgen form, or a bird man type form a bit like the high arrkoa in appearance. Also you can choose a cat like panther man form, similar to the saberon and finally a bear man form similar to the guardian druid mage tower artifact appearance.

    I love this concept, which form you choose wild determine which customisations you can have on your night elf form.

    night elves overall are an Elune centred, arcane and nature balanced race - they represent harmony and oneness that other elven groups have strayed form majoring in other things. it is fitting that night elves not be a forest race purely because that would limit them hugely by locking them in, instead, we should have an elven forest race - and I think the worgen are exactly that.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Beloren View Post
    I would rather they just cut together bits from Suramar and Nar’thalas and give it a Zin’Azshari theme with parks than they waste time designing a new concept.

    New concept means less time to do our city.

    Why go for a 4th iteration of night elf stuff? We’ve not been iterated on since our stuff came in 2.0
    That's because your stuff when it was done was bloody good, it was head and shoulders above everything else, including Darnassus - it was so good, it's hardly needed changing, and unlike the draenei, who only had ruined cities, the pristine version could have major updates.

    same with the night elves the night elf cities were all ruined, we didn't see a pristine one till Suramar, then Zin'Azshari, and had to wait till woD to see a Draenei one, meanwhile you got 2 pristine ones off the bat, Silvermoon and Quel'danas.

    you've not been treated unfairly. (relatively)
    Valewalker Farodin: "Magic has long been a vice of the elves. It shaped us, and lifted us out of the darkness - but without balance, it also threatens to unmake us."

    My long replies often repeat info to make sure: You get all the info I have, It is clear and complete, in case you didn't actually read the first one. New readers have context at hand and are reminded of the point

  10. #330
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    We've got more risk of Turaylon going Light-a wall and doing what Yrel has done to AU Draenor than we have Tyrande dying...especially now that she is able to "control Elune's power."



    Go for it.

    It's about time the Paladin class was available to Night Elves. They'd probably get the best looking Saber-Paladin mounts in the game.
    HA! I'm all for nelf paladins. As the closure to the night warrior plot line, that would be a fitting end.

  11. #331
    Quote Originally Posted by Beloren View Post
    SNIP
    Granted, Quel'Thalas and Blood Elf players do warrant an updated Silvermoon. Hell, in game, we only have half the city. What about the ruined half which should no longer be the "ruins of silvermoon."

    And Quel'Danas is a questing location. We do not get to go to the museum that is Magister's Terrace, we don't get to walk around the Sunwell Plateau and watch the Guardian Magi maintain the Sunwell.

    But all of this said - this is about the night elves and their new city.

    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    That's because your stuff when it was done was bloody good, it was head and shoulders above everything else, including Darnassus - it was so good, it's hardly needed changing, and unlike the draenei, who only had ruined cities, the pristine version could have major updates.

    same with the night elves the night elf cities were all ruined, we didn't see a pristine one till Suramar, then Zin'Azshari, and had to wait till woD to see a Draenei one, meanwhile you got 2 pristine ones off the bat, Silvermoon and Quel'danas.

    you've not been treated unfairly. (relatively)
    Blood Elf players don't have Quel'Danas. It was a location that came in 2.4 and in-game, it's shared between Blood Elves and Draenei. The lore might have it as a Blood Elf only zone, but that is not shown in game.

    And Blood Elf players only have half of Silvermoon. This is why Blood Elves need an updated Quel'Thalas, because they are stuck in the past, with a ruined half of their city, plus a large scar of death running through their lands.
    Last edited by Tanaria; 2021-07-05 at 06:10 PM.

  12. #332
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    Granted, Quel'Thalas and Blood Elf players do warrant an updated Silvermoon. Hell, in game, we only have half the city. What about the ruined half which should no longer be the "ruins of silvermoon."

    And Quel'Danas is a questing location. We do not get to go to the museum that is Magister's Terrace, we don't get to walk around the Sunwell Plateau and watch the Guardian Magi maintain the Sunwell.

    But all of this said - this is about the night elves and their new city.



    Blood Elf players don't have Quel'Danas. It was a location that came in 2.4 and in-game, it's shared between Blood Elves and Draenei. The lore might have it as a Blood Elf only zone, but that is not shown in game.

    And Blood Elf players only have half of Silvermoon. This is why Blood Elves need an updated Quel'Thalas, because they are stuck in the past, with a ruined half of their city, plus a large scar of death running through their lands.
    With Quel'thalas update (which is definitely needed), I could see Quel'danas being assimilated into sin'dorei holdings with Zidormi option to go back into past for entry to Sunwell raid, MT dungeon and Shattered Sun dailies rep farm. I think it would be fair to allow blood elves finaly approach Sunwell in game without getting back in time to TBC.

  13. #333
    I'm fully expecting Darnassus to be reclaimed and rebuilt at some point. The same with Undercity. At least that's what I'm hoping for as my 2 most played characters are Night Elf and Undead and they've both gotten the shaft in the last 2 expansions.
    Last edited by Dch48; 2021-07-06 at 07:11 AM.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Acer Nitro 5
    AMD FX-6300 CPU ----------------------AMD Ryzen 5 2500U with Vega 8 graphics
    AMD RX470 GPU ------------------------AMD Radeon RX 560X discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR3-1333 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR4-2400 RAM
    1 TB Samsung 860 QVO SSD ----------1 TB Crucial MX500 SSD

  14. #334
    Quote Originally Posted by Dch48 View Post
    I'm fully expecting Darnassus to be reclaimed and rebuilt at some point. The same with Undercity. At least that's what I'm hoping for as my 2 most played characters are Night Elf and Undead and they've both gotten the shaft in the last 2 expansions.
    Ouch.. feel your pain
    @Tanaria and @Beloren - look, if blizzard destroyed the night elf home, they should rebuild it. doesn't matter if they have done 4 cities. If they don't want to build a new one, then let them go to Suramar that's already in game.

    They could have had Silvermoon taken instead of Undercity, then you'd definitely get a rebuild.
    Valewalker Farodin: "Magic has long been a vice of the elves. It shaped us, and lifted us out of the darkness - but without balance, it also threatens to unmake us."

    My long replies often repeat info to make sure: You get all the info I have, It is clear and complete, in case you didn't actually read the first one. New readers have context at hand and are reminded of the point

  15. #335
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    With Quel'thalas update (which is definitely needed), I could see Quel'danas being assimilated into sin'dorei holdings with Zidormi option to go back into past for entry to Sunwell raid, MT dungeon and Shattered Sun dailies rep farm. I think it would be fair to allow blood elves finaly approach Sunwell in game without getting back in time to TBC.
    I think it would, but there's got to be a reason to go to Quel'Danas, as in - quests.

    I do think it's got to be a questing location, but I don't know what it could be.

    With the introduction of Zidormi, Blizzard can revamp Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms completely and those who want to quest through the Cataclysm world, can still do so.
    Honestly, we've had this Cataclysm world longer than we had the old Azeroth world.

    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Ouch.. feel your pain
    @Tanaria and @Beloren - look, if blizzard destroyed the night elf home, they should rebuild it. doesn't matter if they have done 4 cities. If they don't want to build a new one, then let them go to Suramar that's already in game.

    They could have had Silvermoon taken instead of Undercity, then you'd definitely get a rebuild.
    And Blizzard destroyed the Blood Elf home in W3 and we're still waiting for it's other half to be restored, along with the center.

    Blizzard would possibly hinting at a Silvermoon/Quel'Thalas revamp with the hinted Quel'Thalas Warfront, which would have likely been Blood Elves vs Void Elves, along with Nightborne and Humans as close allies. Obviously this would have been a Horde Victory by lore, as the Alliance won 2 and the Horde would have won 2. Them being Quel'Thalas and the Southern Barrens.

    If Silvermoon was destroyed, then the Exodar would have been it's destroyed counterpart, since Silvermoon and Exodar are the linked cities in their respective time periods. They wouldn't have done another full elf-based story. We'd just come out of Legion - the only Elves that were truly involved throughout the War Campaign were the Night Elves. Second only were the Void Elves.
    Blood Elves and Nightborne didn't actively take a huge role until 8.2.
    Last edited by Tanaria; 2021-07-06 at 06:24 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •