Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
12
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    And list a couple races and "most of the allied races" as not having capitols, immediately get proven wrong, and try to deflect by calling the locations insignificant and ignoring that the reply even countered your own, followed by an ad hominem insult. Well done for hitting so many of the "pointless poster" bullet points.
    How was it proven wrong lmao. That guy literally listed places you can't even visit anymore as capitols.

    If we count Wandering Isle as capitol for Pandaren then Night Elves got capitol too, just use Zidormi and go back in time.

    Not to mention to hypocrisy of complaining about "ad hominem" which I had none in my post and follow it by calling me a "pointless poster". "Pointless poster" applies to your post so badly it hurts when you think you tried to insult me with this.

    I will even go through effort of pointing out one by one how stupid the list you refer to as "immediately proven wrong is", just to make you look even more silly:

    Human has theirs.
    Dwarf has theirs.
    Dark Iron Dwarf has theirs. - yes, it's empty, instanced and no one else can visit it in any other form than 5 man dungeon - so, no, not a capitol by SW/IF standard AT all
    Night Elves are refugees spread between Stormwind, Hyjal, and other settlements.
    Gnomes have their capitol, just need to have it aired out for a few more decades. - it's a corridor with nothing but hostile NPCs or a 5man vanilla dungeon, nope, nothing like SW/IF again, it's not even a gnome base in it's curret state, leave alone "capitol"
    Draenei has theirs.
    Lightforged Draenei has theirs. - are you refering to Vindicaar as capitol? It's just a one big room, nothing more than a base, so, completely missed if you think it's a "capital city".
    Worgen in lore, apparently have Gilneas returned through the war in BFA, so now they just need to rebuild. - yeah "in lore". in game, it's literally empty dead zone with zero NPCs. Nice capitol.
    Ren'dorei technically has theirs, but they've been kicked out, so currently, a floating rock. - According to this poster a floating rock with a bunch of NPCs counts as a capital city. Bravo.
    Kul Tiran has theirs.
    Mechagnome has theirs. - 5 man instance, not a city at all.

    Pandaren technically has theirs as well, with both the wandering isle, as well as the shrines in Pandaria, though, could use an update and create an actual city. - biggest joke - monk class hall is apparently racial capitol.

    Orcs has theirs.
    Undead currently has no home, and are refugees to the lands.
    Tauren has theirs.
    The Dark Spears has their islands, they could update it for an actual town/city but they've always hooked in with Orcs. - have their islands... seriously, you count 5 little isles as a capital city? By your standards every little settlement is a capital city then!
    Blood Elves has theirs.
    The Bilgewater Goblins have their capital, Bilgewater Harbour. The Goblins as a race, has Undermine though sadly, still not in-game. - bilgwater harbor isn't a city. It's a harbor. A BASE
    Nightborne has theirs.
    Highmountain Tauren has theirs.
    Mag'har Orcs sadly do not have a place and are bunked up with the other orcs until something is proclaimed. - like i said
    Zandalari has theirs.
    Vulpera has not had a capitol or even town for decades, and I would love to see a nomad camp/town traveling up and down Kalimdor. - like i said
    Last edited by melzas; 2021-06-12 at 05:48 AM.

  2. #22
    Mechagnome saintminya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Twilight Highlands
    Posts
    722
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    How was it proven wrong lmao. That guy literally listed places you can't even visit anymore as capitols.
    You claimed this:
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Yeah well gnomes, dark spears, worgen, goblins, pandaren and most of allied races don't have capitol.
    Your claim was then easily disposed of because it was almost entirely bogus. You said nothing about whether they were visitable or not, although if you had that would've been readily dismissed too. Only the Vulpera and Mag'har lack capitals, although for the Mag'har you could just go to BC Nagrand. Whether you consider them to be insignificant is irrevelant when the fact of the matter is that every race, with the exception of the two aforementied allied races, have a capital. All these capitals are available to visit in game, even if some require the aid of a Bronze drake. Two of them are instanced content which does suck, but I don't see Gnomeregan ever being featured outside of the dungeon when New Tinkertown is also a thing. Gilneas could make a comeback, but just like with Night Elves or Undead recieving a brand-new capital at the expense of content for people who don't play those races, I don't see it happening any time soon.

    Pretty sad that you have to resort to dissing the locations instead of admitting you goofed. Bilgewater is a city, and a harbor, and most importantly the capital of the Horde-aligned Goblins of the Bilgewater Cartel.
    Last edited by saintminya; 2021-06-12 at 05:51 AM.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by saintminya View Post
    You claimed this:

    Your claim was then easily disposed of because it was almost entirely bogus. You said nothing about whether they were visitable or not, although if you had that would've been readily dismissed too. Only the Vulpera and Mag'har lack capitals, although for the Mag'har you could just go to BC Nagrand. Whether you consider them to be insignificant is irrevelant when the fact of the matter is that every race, with the exception of the two aforementied allied races, have a capital. All these capitals are available to visit in game, even if some require the aid of a Bronze drake. Two of them are instanced content which does suck, but I don't see Gnomeregan ever being featured outside of the dungeon when New Tinkertown is also a thing. Gilneas could make a comeback, but just like with Night Elves or Undead recieving a brand-new capital at the expense of content for people who don't play those races, I don't see it happening any time soon.
    Nope, insignificant locations full of nothing or not present in game aren't capitals in anything but lore (and this thread isn't located in lore section).

  4. #24
    Mechagnome saintminya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Twilight Highlands
    Posts
    722
    They aren't insignificant to the playerbase just because you can't accept being wrong. They're insignificant to you because you'd rather shit on other people's enjoyment of the game.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by saintminya View Post
    They aren't insignificant to the playerbase just because you can't accept being wrong. They're insignificant to you because you'd rather shit on other people's enjoyment of the game.
    They are isnignificant because nobody ever goes there because there is no point (and in some cases, they aren't even accessible like Wandering Isle). And how exactly I'm shitting on other people's enjoyment? Pointing out facts is shitting on your enjoyment? How insecure are you?

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by saintminya View Post
    They aren't insignificant to the playerbase just because you can't accept being wrong. They're insignificant to you because you'd rather shit on other people's enjoyment of the game.
    Blizzard have put so much into Stormwind and Orgrimmar, that the other capital cities are left to rust.

    It's a shame. I'd love an updated Silvermoon for Blood Elf and Horde players, but the chances of it happening are so slim, because of this reliance on Orgrimmar and Stormwind.

    Ironforge, Silvermoon, Exodar - these cities are in desperate need of an update, but what's the point if the main playerbase doesn't go there. Exodar had a tiny bit of use in 7.3, but that was only going to in via the side entrance and then going to Argus. We didn't go to Bloodmyst Isle or see what was going on at Azure Watch or anything like that.

  7. #27
    High Overlord Obvious10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Fishing on the Echo Isles
    Posts
    109
    Hyal would be a nice one for Lore and NE's, but we wont get 3 capitals in a row on the map, Orgrimmar + Bilgewater-Goblins + NE's....which we don't use...
    - perhaps only if a group of druid NE's would settle a hub their, where other NE's could set their Hearthstone...?

    Feralas, feathermoon
    I think it only would be an option if NE's would make a sort of peace agreement with tauren. Why would the tauren want that???

    Desolace, Cenarion wildlands
    In the center there is more green growing, around a well also. But as a capital city ... too close to thunderbluff city.

    So, their are allrdy some nice NE settlements, which NE's could set their HS, so easiest way would be ..give NE's the possibility to set a second HS, because of searching for a new home, as a lore story.

    But if you really, really want a new NE capital city, perhaps this...???
    I suggest the NE's will help the draenei on their island, healing the land a little more and establish a larger settlement their, also get a friendly peacefull relation with that Furbolg clan...and invite them also in that settlement.

  8. #28
    The Unstoppable Force Kaleredar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    phasing...
    Posts
    22,882
    Put me in the camp of "I'd be surprised if they ever got one again," unless it happens to coincide with them creating a new zone for a new expansion.

    Blizzard has had a perfectly good capital city in Gilneas sitting around since Cataclysm and has done nothing with it since then despite any number of story opportunities to address it. Exodar still isn't up and flying. The giant flying spaceship that battled the endless armies of the burning legion, the vindicaar? Nowhere to be seen in any number of conflicts it likely could have been pretty darn useful in.

    Resolving alliance plot lines is not something Blizzard is too concerned in doing.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

  9. #29
    I think Blizz has a belief that once an expansion is done, they never need to go back to it. Partly due to getting players into the new zones. Look a what happens to portals when a new exp is released. How long did it take them to fix what Deathwing did to Stormwind?

    Getting an update to any capital city that isn't significant to the new expansion will not happen, or at least I cannot see happening.

    Besides all that, it sure seems that 9.1 is behind. Assuming that the current release schedule/cadence is not their new desired state.

  10. #30
    Scarab Lord Lothaeryn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Maryland, U.S.
    Posts
    4,507
    Quote Originally Posted by Obvious10 View Post
    But if you really, really want a new NE capital city, perhaps this...???
    I suggest the NE's will help the draenei on their island, healing the land a little more and establish a larger settlement their, also get a friendly peacefull relation with that Furbolg clan...and invite them also in that settlement.
    I think this is the likely outcome if Night Elves and Forsaken get "new" capitals. It would also justify a redone leveling zone for both Blood Elves and Draenei.

    Night Elves rebuild their capital with the aid of the Draenei on the Azuremyst Isles, perhaps a small touch of Arcane structures present (though unlikely, its Blizz afterall)

    Blood Elves help the Forsaken in their hour of need and comes full circle in their generosity, by allowing a district of Silvermoon to be rebuilt for the Forsaken's use.

    Both zones can now be remade, brought up to modern standards, and possibly added to the main continental maps.

    Sadly, I still doubt even this would happen despite it being the most economically viable option for development's purpose.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol
    .

  11. #31
    Pumpkin farm close to the high king boots not enough for you?

  12. #32
    The Undying Gehco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    FEEL THE WRATH OF MY SPANNER!!
    Posts
    33,636
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Yeah, thanks for listing bunch of insignificant locations (some not even present in game) to prove what point exactly? All these races i mentioned don't have a functional capitol you can walk in and do stuff. I mean, you list Wandering Isle as Pandaren capitol... or bilgewater harbor for goblins... this is some extreme mental gymnastics of grasping at straws...
    First of all, Bilgewater Harbor is THE BILGEWATER CARTEL CAPITOL. The playable Goblins are BILGEWATER GOBLINS. So, yes, they have their capitol. That is not grasping straws, that is a fact. This cartel, under Gallywix, decided to not have their seat in Undermine, but at Kezan, and then later, Bilgewater Harbour. The Goblin as a whole race has Undermine which mentioned, sadly is not in-game to visit.

    Secondly, I posted it to enforce your point that technically some have but needs work, while others have theirs available, and some don't at all.
    Stuff can be fixed, just get enough glue or duct tape!
    Roses are red, mana is blue. Suramar Guards, Will always find you!

  13. #33
    For me, the most likely capital is in Hyjal for Night Elfs. The new well of eternity is there, all the wild gods that are close to the Night Elfs are there, Nordrassil is there. Cenarius is there.. most of the time I guess? It's their ancestral home.
    In my opinion, they should have been always there, Teldrassil was stupid.


    Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    I think this is the likely outcome if Night Elves and Forsaken get "new" capitals. It would also justify a redone leveling zone for both Blood Elves and Draenei.

    Night Elves rebuild their capital with the aid of the Draenei on the Azuremyst Isles, perhaps a small touch of Arcane structures present (though unlikely, its Blizz afterall)
    Draenei were nowhere to be found in that entire war storyline in Kalimdor except for like one mission table where some Night Elfs would flee to the Azuremyst Isles. If anyone is with the Night Elfs it's probably the Gilneas, Blizzard even found a way to put them next to Val'shara...

    Maybe they want to push Draenei into the Orbit or something...
    Last edited by Hellspawn; 2021-06-12 at 08:32 AM.

  14. #34
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    One path
    Posts
    4,352
    I imagine it could happen as part of an expansion, much like oribos, a NE city in some magic realm connected to Elune or the Emerald Dream. In the same line of thinking the forsaken could get a new city in whatever nightmare the maldraxxus stems from.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

  15. #35
    I don't see this happening ever, unless it's something that can be used as a hub for the alliance in an expansion or is just a full on copy-pasta job of the previous tree, as the costs are simply not justifiable imho.
    /tar Tinker-zealot /point /lol
    WoW:Shadowlands - Danuser's Divina Commedia?

  16. #36
    The Undying Gehco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    FEEL THE WRATH OF MY SPANNER!!
    Posts
    33,636
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Human has theirs.
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Dwarf has theirs.
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Dark Iron Dwarf has theirs. - yes, it's empty, instanced and no one else can visit it in any other form than 5 man dungeon - so, no, not a capitol by SW/IF standard AT all
    I answered who has a capitol, and who did not. These have a capitol, and you can technically visit a good chunk of it, while another large chunk cannot because of dungeons. Even more so, the race itself, if I recall, can return to their version of the capitol with the drill, and see an even larger part without a dungeon.

    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Night Elves are refugees spread between Stormwind, Hyjal, and other settlements.
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Gnomes have their capitol, just need to have it aired out for a few more decades. - it's a corridor with nothing but hostile NPCs or a 5man vanilla dungeon, nope, nothing like SW/IF again, it's not even a gnome base in it's curret state, leave alone "capitol"
    They have their capitol, and as I've stated, most likely won't be available for a while sadly. It is still a capitol, whether you like it or not. They are still doing their clean up, and now they have a town outside to offer as home as more are cleansed from being inside Gnomeregan.

    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Draenei has theirs.
    [QUOTE=melzas;53228293]Lightforged Draenei has theirs. - are you refering to Vindicaar as capitol? It's just a one big room, nothing more than a base, so, completely missed if you think it's a "capital city".
    Lightforged, have been invited to reside in the Exodar, as well, they have the Vindicaar. The Lightforged see themselves more as a military than a race, and they have a base.

    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Worgen in lore, apparently have Gilneas returned through the war in BFA, so now they just need to rebuild. - yeah "in lore". in game, it's literally empty dead zone with zero NPCs. Nice capitol.
    So, you're raging over the fact that the world has to develop first? I mean, we literally just secured Gilneas a year or so ago by lore, during BFA? Progression takes time.

    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Ren'dorei technically has theirs, but they've been kicked out, so currently, a floating rock. - According to this poster a floating rock with a bunch of NPCs counts as a capital city. Bravo.
    Well, as I stated, they technically had theirs, they were kicked out, banished. Now they have a rock. Not my fault they chose what they did, and now reside where they do, they were lead there after all.

    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Kul Tiran has theirs.
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Mechagnome has theirs. - 5 man instance, not a city at all.
    The Island of Mechagon, their capitol resides below, currently only a dungeon but it is there, and they have also taken their option to reside above after the Rustbolt resistance.

    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Pandaren technically has theirs as well, with both the wandering isle, as well as the shrines in Pandaria, though, could use an update and create an actual city. - biggest joke - monk class hall is apparently racial capitol.
    If you were a little blind, then let's try again. The Wandering Isle, has been home to hundreds of Pandaren, and there is, in fact, a temple city there, that is a capitol. Then you can take the Pandaria Pandaren, they've not seen the need to build capitols, and the closest they have is the shrines. And as stated, with the visiting of Horde and Alliance, it could use an update, as their traditions may change.

    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Orcs has theirs.
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Undead currently has no home, and are refugees to the lands.
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Tauren has theirs.
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    The Dark Spears has their islands, they could update it for an actual town/city but they've always hooked in with Orcs. - have their islands... seriously, you count 5 little isles as a capital city? By your standards every little settlement is a capital city then!
    As stated, they have their islands, they could update it for an actual town/city, but they've always hooked in with the Orc's capitol, and now that they are reconnected with the Zandalari, they have a seat in Dazar'alor as well, like the other troll tribes did/do.

    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Blood Elves has theirs.
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    The Bilgewater Goblins have their capital, Bilgewater Harbour. The Goblins as a race, has Undermine though sadly, still not in-game. - bilgwater harbor isn't a city. It's a harbor. A BASE
    Bilgewater Harbor is THE BILGEWATER CARTEL CAPITOL. The playable Goblins are BILGEWATER GOBLINS. So, yes, they have their capitol. That is not grasping straws, that is a fact. This cartel, under Gallywix, decided to not have their seat in Undermine, but at Kezan, and then later, Bilgewater Harbour. The Goblin as a whole race has Undermine which mentioned, sadly is not in-game to visit.

    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Nightborne has theirs.
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Highmountain Tauren has theirs.
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Mag'har Orcs sadly do not have a place and are bunked up with the other orcs until something is proclaimed. - like i said
    Who says they need one if they find it fine in Orgrimmar? Even so, the story has to develop, it is not long since they joined the Horde either. A capitol can happen. I swear you are more impatient than my daughter.

    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Zandalari has theirs.
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Vulpera has not had a capitol or even town for decades, and I would love to see a nomad camp/town traveling up and down Kalimdor. - like i said
    Again, not long since they joined the Horde, but for this race, they have been oppressed for much that they have evolved into a fully nomadic people, and maybe thus do not need an actual capitol - could be cool, but I'd rather see a traveling caravan along the length of Kalimdor. Every week, a new zone.
    Last edited by Gehco; 2021-06-12 at 09:02 AM.
    Stuff can be fixed, just get enough glue or duct tape!
    Roses are red, mana is blue. Suramar Guards, Will always find you!

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Put me in the camp of "I'd be surprised if they ever got one again," unless it happens to coincide with them creating a new zone for a new expansion.

    Blizzard has had a perfectly good capital city in Gilneas sitting around since Cataclysm and has done nothing with it since then despite any number of story opportunities to address it. Exodar still isn't up and flying. The giant flying spaceship that battled the endless armies of the burning legion, the vindicaar? Nowhere to be seen in any number of conflicts it likely could have been pretty darn useful in.

    Resolving alliance plot lines is not something Blizzard is too concerned in doing.
    The Exodar was stripped for parts to make the Vindicar. It will never fly again. The vindicar was written out of the story pretty much because Blizzard are retards that can't handle their own power creep .. like not at all. Hence they send it off to collect some people strewn through the cosmos last time I checked. Gilneas is part of the rogue legendary questline which was even non-instanced iirc(?) and besides narrative reasons (as in the lack thereof to justify the expense), they probably don't want to touch it because of that.
    Last edited by Haidaes; 2021-06-12 at 08:52 AM.
    /tar Tinker-zealot /point /lol
    WoW:Shadowlands - Danuser's Divina Commedia?

  18. #38
    The Undying Gehco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    FEEL THE WRATH OF MY SPANNER!!
    Posts
    33,636
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    For me, the most likely capital is in Hyjal for Night Elfs. The new well of eternity is there, all the wild gods that are close to the Night Elfs are there, Nordrassil is there. Cenarius is there.. most of the time I guess? It's their ancestral home.
    In my opinion, they should have been always there, Teldrassil was stupid.
    Well, the majority of the refugees are there now too, according to story. And it was their home before, so it could be again. Who knows. I have a feeling some will stick with the Worgen, and some Worgen will stick with them, of course.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I don't see this happening ever, unless it's something that can be used as a hub for the alliance in an expansion or is just a full on copy-pasta job of the previous tree, as the costs are simply not justifiable imho.
    Honestly. All they have to do is scatter houses around Hyjal, nothing more. Temples and the likes will have to wait.
    Stuff can be fixed, just get enough glue or duct tape!
    Roses are red, mana is blue. Suramar Guards, Will always find you!

  19. #39
    Orcboi NatePsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    VIC, Australia
    Posts
    5,225
    That'll cost a raid tier.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Honestly. All they have to do is scatter houses around Hyjal, nothing more. Temples and the likes will have to wait.
    Personally I think these are intern/beginner-level jobs to get people accustomed with their design tools, so having them as a side project seems reasonable, same for updating the horrible looking old trees, but Blizzard rarely ever has done that. So I fear they have a more "all hands on deck" approach and channel everything that isn't a single hut in Goldshire into the current expansion.

    I think Hyjal makes sense, I think it's already set up as the temporary base of operations for Tyrande before the SL intro afaik.
    /tar Tinker-zealot /point /lol
    WoW:Shadowlands - Danuser's Divina Commedia?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •