Poll: What should be done about these addons?

Thread: LFG addons

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

LFG addons

So addon developers have been working hard to add functionality that was purposefully removed from classic. Now there is this:
    https://tbc.wowhead.com/news/addon-s...n-board-322731
    Should they ban add-ons like this or just add the functionality that they decided to take out?

They didn't ban them from classic, why would they ban them from TBC classic where LFG actually existed?

They should either bring in the tool themselves or open up the API that they closed in classic to limit LFG tools to just being bulletin boards for LFG channel spam though.

It's just filtering the stuff posted in chat, not looking automatically or whatever. Just helping with the spammed mess in the LFG chat, nothing else.
    So no, it's absolutely fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyleech View Post
    It's just filtering the stuff posted in chat, not looking automatically or whatever. Just helping with the spammed mess in the LFG chat, nothing else.
    So no, it's absolutely fine.
    That's basically modern lfg.(not to be confused with lfd/lfr) They purposefully removed the functionality of a lfg tool from classic tbc.
    Last edited by delus; 2021-06-12 at 01:34 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why Ban it? if People want to use it let them. I'm sure all of those People that cry about LFG can still just spam trade chat and play together.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    Why Ban it? if People want to use it let them. I'm sure all of those People that cry about LFG can still just spam trade chat and play together.
    So is that an endorsement for an in-game lfg tool?

On my server I literally can’t keep up with LFG chat. It’s 10-20 lines per interval. BulletinBoard is an amazing add on - they better not ban it without integrating the LFG tool.

There's no reason to ban it. It simply organizes the /4 chat. You still have to post in the channel to lfm or lfg and whisper people to get invited.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    Absolutely.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

just put the shadowlands group finder into tbc. Tradechat spam doesnt add anything to the game and is just an objectively bad way of finding groups.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

So addon developers have been working hard to add functionality that was purposefully removed from classic. Now there is this:
    Should they ban add-ons like this or just add the functionality that they decided to take out?
    That addon is just a chat filter and not a LFG tool.

Now on the LFG topic, they should just add the 2.0 functionality. I'm guessing they held back because it wasn't really popular back then .. but it probably will be today.

- - - Updated - - -

That's basically modern lfg.(not to be confused with lfd/lfr) They purposefully removed the functionality of a lfg tool from classic tbc.
    They did that with vanilla classic too. Vanilla also had lfg version, although a little more inconvenient.

- - - Updated - - -

It's not. The addon just shows you chat lines matching a filter.

Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    On my server I literally can’t keep up with LFG chat. It’s 10-20 lines per interval. BulletinBoard is an amazing add on - they better not ban it without integrating the LFG tool.
    It's the same on my server too - finding a group is an absolute nightmare because there's a hundred messages a second and if you don't either spam it, load it up with every symbol going or format it in a way to make your message stand out, you're just going to get lost in all the noise. If you DO get your message spotted, then you're going to have to deal with a mountain of whispers and have to sort out who is which role.

Having an addon like this makes LFG usable. I'd be lying if I said it was absolutely brilliant, but it's immeasurably better than using the LFG channel alone.

Quote Originally Posted by owbu View Post
    just put the shadowlands group finder into tbc. Tradechat spam doesnt add anything to the game and is just an objectively bad way of finding groups.
    This would be a much better solution too, imo. I know the hardline #NoChanges crowd are going to scream bloody murder about it, but the question I would put to them would be if they wanted the TBC content back, or the TBC experience back? The content is the same as it's ever been, but the player experience has been irrevocably changed already, not because of Blizzard, but because of the players themselves. It time we all accepted that let the games functions support the players as they are now, not the players as they were in 2007.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    hell yes. The reason LFG and LFD exist in WoW is because the Majority of People wanted them. TBC with LFD would be fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by owbu View Post
    just put the shadowlands group finder into tbc.
    No thanks. Then it would be full of boost ads you can't filter out.

3+ Year Old Account
    Simply add the Retail LFG premade finder and it's over.

Quote Originally Posted by InfernalDark View Post
    Kek implying the most treaded chats in classic weren’t inundated with boost ads.

Quote Originally Posted by InfernalDark View Post
    Already is. For every 1-2 dungeon groups in LFG, there’s a Mage boost ad.

Best TBC addon hands down

Why would anyone want to ban that addon? lol it makes finding groups possible

Without filtering the LookingForGroup chat it would be impossible to find groups or players

how is this even remotely close to lfg, its literally just helping you to read chat

I wouldn't even play tbc without that addon, lfg chat is unbearable on my server.

15+ Year Old Account
    You must be deranged thinking they should ban an addon like this.

Why should it be banned?
    Give us a good reason
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s