Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    I don't know how can you even say that with a straight face... or perhaps you are trolling, thats got to be it.

Because WoW from beta was literally all about busywork. Your entire assumption is completely wrong.
    I think you utterly lost the argument to be frank... Reading through the thread there seems to be one group focusing on content and one focusing on rewards. Trying to bring up wow beta as a counter point seems moronic..

You could bring up the path of titans in wrath but your argument is so disingenuous and in bad faith right now that unless you have a new genuine point to bring up it would be best to admit to being wrong and retiring.

Systems introduced in legion are not the wow beta...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I HATE CHAOS View Post
    I think you utterly lost the argument to be frank... Reading through the thread there seems to be one group focusing on content and one focusing on rewards. Trying to bring up wow beta as a counter point seems moronic..

You could bring up the path of titans in wrath but your argument is so disingenuous and in bad faith right now that unless you have a new genuine point to bring up it would be best to admit to being wrong and retiring.

Systems introduced in legion are not the wow beta...
    Content without reward is essentially not content. that's called the law of wod.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Thread like that pops up every month, but I NEVER saw anyone suggested alternative to so called "borrowed powers". For 1000th time: WoW is basically never ending RPG with unknown number of years and expansion ahead. There are only 3 ways I can think of with new expansion:

1. Add pernament talent or spell gained in new expansion; but then comes another expansion; and another. How many expacs before game would be unplayable? Time flies by, now MoP is not modern expansion, but midway point in WoW history so far.

And I'm talking about simply adding new spell which would be simply boring for today audience. Now imagine if they never let go of artifact, netherlight crucible, azurite armor, neck with essences, covenant choice, soulbinds... literal nightmare.

2. No new max level system, no new spells. You just hit max level and grind gear. So literally WoD on release. Yeah, raiders were happy for few months, hurray for them.

3. 'Borrowed systems' - Blizzard add better or worse stuff to grind (in SL it's more waiting game than grind) and unlock, you get new spells. On pre-patch progression system is scrapped, some spells go away, some spells are incorporated into base game.

It has pros and cons. But until someone comes with some better solution, they is no other way.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    I don't know how can you even say that with a straight face... or perhaps you are trolling, thats got to be it.

Because WoW from beta was literally all about busywork. Your entire assumption is completely wrong.
    Provide examples?

I know you are reaching but using the beta...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Thread like that pops up every month, but I NEVER saw anyone suggested alternative to so called "borrowed powers". For 1000th time: WoW is basically never ending RPG with unknown number of years and expansion ahead. There are only 3 ways I can think of with new expansion:

1. Add pernament talent or spell gained in new expansion; but then comes another expansion; and another. How many expacs before game would be unplayable? Time flies by, now MoP is not modern expansion, but midway point in WoW history so far.

And I'm talking about simply adding new spell which would be simply boring for today audience. Now imagine if they never let go of artifact, netherlight crucible, azurite armor, neck with essences, covenant choice, soulbinds... literal nightmare.

2. No new max level system, no new spells. You just hit max level and grind gear. So literally WoD on release. Yeah, raiders were happy for few months, hurray for them.

3. 'Borrowed systems' - Blizzard add better or worse stuff to grind (in SL it's more waiting game than grind) and unlock, you get new spells. On pre-patch progression system is scrapped, some spells go away, some spells are incorporated into base game.

It has pros and cons. But until someone comes with some better solution, they is no other way.
    How about nothing?

Redo a few talents here and there but players don't seem to want a rehaul and covenants killed the idea that players want to be unique at the expense of power soundly.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Spears View Post
    How about nothing?

Redo a few talents here and there but players don't seem to want a rehaul and covenants killed the idea that players want to be unique at the expense of power soundly.
    To be fair, SOME players are more than happy for them to totally redo any spec / all specs. I am one of those people - sure, some specs I previously liked I might now dislike, but I'm sure some specs I didn't like would now appeal to me. I am also confident I am in the minority here, as some people are heavily emotionally invested in their characters, especially their "main".
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

How about nothing?

"lol nothing new for classes. Blizzard stopped caring, Ded game" ect ect.

People want to see new stuff with a new expansion. They want new spells/abilities, something new to play with.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    To be fair, SOME players are more than happy for them to totally redo any spec / all specs. I am one of those people - sure, some specs I previously liked I might now dislike, but I'm sure some specs I didn't like would now appeal to me. I am also confident I am in the minority here, as some people are heavily emotionally invested in their characters, especially their "main".
    I mean for most specs your the minority.. most are rocking above 90% numbers your asking to annoy the mass majority and I hate im using this argument.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    "lol nothing new for classes. Blizzard stopped caring, Ded game" ect ect.

People want to see new stuff with a new expansion. They want new spells/abilities, something new to play with.
    You also so " OMG I CAN PICK WHATEVER COVENANT!!!!"

These people bitch but just copy whatever is the best ignore them

I mean for most specs your the minority.. most are rocking above 90% numbers your asking to annoy the mass majority and I hate im using this argument.
    rocking above 90%? 90% what>?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

- - - Updated - - -

You also so " OMG I CAN PICK WHATEVER COVENANT!!!!"

These people bitch but just copy whatever is the best ignore them
    Pretty sure you can go back and find me posting that people will pick whatever covenant is 'best' because that's how it always works. But nice try.

What matters for Blizzard is that moving to an expansion model where classes do not get new things will cause a bunch of people to stop buying it.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    rocking above 90%? 90% what>?
    Was talking about covenants and how player choice panned out when offered in this expansion. People wanting to be unique and to play around don't seem to be wow's demographic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Pretty sure you can go back and find me posting that people will pick whatever covenant is 'best' because that's how it always works. But nice try.

What matters for Blizzard is that moving to an expansion model where classes do not get new things will cause a bunch of people to stop buying it.
    Just remake the talent trees. Replace rows with something new if you MUST add something to classes I just don't see why adding to classes would be a draw. Most players can't handle their rotations nor do they use situational spells like interupts or cds properly. How does giving them more do anything but widen a already massive skill gap?

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Blizzard doesn't have confidence in their abilty to make content that is worth playing for the experience's sake.

So they put it full of different mandatory systems we need to fill up to be able to play the content we actually want.

So, Choreghast, anima farming, stygia (or whatever its 9.1 replacement is) won't be going anywhere.
    I am sure that is why 2 of these 3 things are completely optional and the third is over after spending 1 hours every week for maybe 4 weeks.

It really shows that halve the people throwing these arguments around have not even played the game in this expansion and are just going of of whatever this forum makes up about the state of the game.