Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    What a garbage E3.

Nintendo won with just smt 5 alone

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Nintendo won with just smt 5 alone
    I went to grab a smoke...i missed everything

smt 5 = shin megami tensei?

"E3 was trash" usually boils down to "what i want wasnt shown therefore its a trash E3"

there was a lot of cool things shown. so i think it was okay.
    the report systems sucks and the mods are bias.

Quote Originally Posted by The Council View Post
    "E3 was trash" usually boils down to "what i want wasnt shown therefore its a trash E3"

there was a lot of cool things shown. so i think it was okay.
    Regardless of what genre you like, there were way to many pointless cinematic trailers that show nothing but the skill of animators and power of next gen consoles, and not nearly enough actual gameplay.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Regardless of what genre you like, there were way to many pointless cinematic trailers that show nothing but the skill of animators and power of next gen consoles, and not nearly enough actual gameplay.
    Yeah its crazy how the only company that cares about gameplay always wins e3. Wild

you know we have been in a pandemic right?

Metroid Dread, BotW 2, SMT5 and ADVANCE WARS 1 AND 2 REMASTERED?!

As a child of the GBA, that last one gives me absolute joygasms.

Sports and Fitness mod, Brit with weird sleeping hours.
    Has good taste in ale, bad taste in D&D choices.

pandemic means only animators work?

And?
    If you have no gameplay to show then show me nothing. I can understand that.

Instead we have shit like Starfield with a cinematic trailer and a release date! but no one even knows what kind of game it is.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

And?
    If you have no gameplay to show then show me nothing. I can understand that.

Instead we have shit like Starfield with a cinematic trailer and a release date! but no one even knows what kind of game it is.
    i am fine with no gameplay shown because 1. we have been in a pandemic and 2. if anything doesnt look right gameplay/graphics wise fan will become toxic asshole who do nothing but jump down a video game companies throat.

when its closer to the release date or betas then i start caring about gameplay.
    i would prefer not to have a repeat of Cyberpunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Metroid Dread, BotW 2, SMT5 and ADVANCE WARS 1 AND 2 REMASTERED?!

As a child of the GBA, that last one gives me absolute joygasms.
    Metroid Dread was supposed to be a GBA game as well, so a lot of throwback to it with this direct.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Metroid Dread was supposed to be a GBA game as well, so a lot of throwback to it with this direct.
    I remember it being referenced back in the original Prime, watching the gameplay footage during treehouse right now, it's an instant purchase for me.

Sports and Fitness mod, Brit with weird sleeping hours.
    Has good taste in ale, bad taste in D&D choices.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    pandemic means only animators work?
    i dont know about other companies but using Blizzard as an example. Blizzard works on cinematics way in advance while when an expansion is in the starting phases of being built.

Outer worlds 2 trailer seems to hint that Obsidian does the same thing.

In hindsight, Bethesda jumped the gun real hard on announcing Starfield (and TES6) as early as they did. 3 years later, and we just have a cinematic trailer for the former, and nothing for the latter.

Outside of Nintendo, the most interesting thing that's come out of this E3 for me is the extra details on the Intellivision Amico, and even that's just a curiosity thing than an actually invested interest. Even if I'm not the target audience for what they're going for, it's still something.

Ninty-wise, I think the big one for me was remasters of the Monkey Ball games, since they went for what are generally considered to be the best titles in the series. So kudos for that decision. A lot of "This would be neat if I was invested in the franchise" titles overall.

Also, Take Two's "Presentation" should probably be on the Mount Rushmore of bad E3 presentations.

This has been something that has existed for a very long time. It's mostly just cinematic trailers, with little bit of actual gameplay. Coronavirus hasn't changed anything in this regard.

Just temper your expectations, people. We've seen this song and dance way too many times. Awesome cinematic trailers, great skyboxes, fluid animations. And then it turns out it's just incredibly dull to play. Not always the case, of course, but it often is.

And for god's sake, don't pre-order based on E3...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    Money laundering, especially prior to his election? I couldn't give a flying fuck.

I'd say Nintendo wins for me. I'm excited for SMT5 and BOTW2. I might also play Metroid Dread as well, although I feel like Metroid has been surpassed by games like Ori and Hollow Knight in the Metroidvania space.

No animal crossing Suuuuuuuper salty right now. That game made Nintendo how much money?

Kids are also disappointed no new Mario Kart (apparently ever), and lackluster Zelda news.

Seems like that one Final Fantasy game (Stranger of Paradise) demo is up.
    People are playing it on streams.

CHAOS

https://www.twitch.tv/maximilian_dood
    Last edited by Roanda; 2021-06-15 at 05:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by musicallittle1 View Post
    No animal crossing Suuuuuuuper salty right now. That game made Nintendo how much money?

Kids are also disappointed no new Mario Kart (apparently ever), and lackluster Zelda news.
    They just released the game last year.... they're not going to release another one for a long time. Dunno why you'd be salty about something that was never even reasonable to expect to begin with.