Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Metroid Dread was supposed to be a GBA game as well, so a lot of throwback to it with this direct.
    I remember it being referenced back in the original Prime, watching the gameplay footage during treehouse right now, it's an instant purchase for me.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    pandemic means only animators work?
    i dont know about other companies but using Blizzard as an example. Blizzard works on cinematics way in advance while when an expansion is in the starting phases of being built.

Outer worlds 2 trailer seems to hint that Obsidian does the same thing.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

3+ Year Old Account
    In hindsight, Bethesda jumped the gun real hard on announcing Starfield (and TES6) as early as they did. 3 years later, and we just have a cinematic trailer for the former, and nothing for the latter.

Outside of Nintendo, the most interesting thing that's come out of this E3 for me is the extra details on the Intellivision Amico, and even that's just a curiosity thing than an actually invested interest. Even if I'm not the target audience for what they're going for, it's still something.

Ninty-wise, I think the big one for me was remasters of the Monkey Ball games, since they went for what are generally considered to be the best titles in the series. So kudos for that decision. A lot of "This would be neat if I was invested in the franchise" titles overall.

Also, Take Two's "Presentation" should probably be on the Mount Rushmore of bad E3 presentations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Council View Post
    you know we have been in a pandemic right?
    This has been something that has existed for a very long time. It's mostly just cinematic trailers, with little bit of actual gameplay. Coronavirus hasn't changed anything in this regard.

Just temper your expectations, people. We've seen this song and dance way too many times. Awesome cinematic trailers, great skyboxes, fluid animations. And then it turns out it's just incredibly dull to play. Not always the case, of course, but it often is.

And for god's sake, don't pre-order based on E3...
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say Nintendo wins for me. I'm excited for SMT5 and BOTW2. I might also play Metroid Dread as well, although I feel like Metroid has been surpassed by games like Ori and Hollow Knight in the Metroidvania space.

Seems like that one Final Fantasy game (Stranger of Paradise) demo is up.
    People are playing it on streams.

CHAOS

https://www.twitch.tv/maximilian_dood
    Last edited by Roanda; 2021-06-15 at 05:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by musicallittle1 View Post
    No animal crossing Suuuuuuuper salty right now. That game made Nintendo how much money?

Kids are also disappointed no new Mario Kart (apparently ever), and lackluster Zelda news.
    They just released the game last year.... they're not going to release another one for a long time. Dunno why you'd be salty about something that was never even reasonable to expect to begin with.

So that was Bandai Namco? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Sugho View Post
    So that was Bandai Namco? Lol
    I was just a few minutes late, did I miss it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faldric View Post
    I was just a few minutes late, did I miss it?
    That could have literally been a single tweet.

One. Damn. Game.

The bar was set to ground and Bandai dug a tunnel under it.
    Last edited by Lahis; 2021-06-15 at 09:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I finished the Final Fantasy Origins demo. Overall, as I expected the combat was great. Thought they did a good job of adding some FF-like mechanics to an action RPG like this. I also thought the boss was quite fun as well. My main concern at this point is the story and the main cast, but as long as its passable it will be fine as I think Team Ninja is nailing the combat right now.

Well that was a disappointing Nintendo stream. SMT V on Switch was unexpected, though.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    The fact they named it dread means they knew
    Uhhh, the game was concepted 15 years ago, but they cancelled it twice due to hardware limitations. It wasn't until after the remake of Samus Returns that they went back to the drawing board and made the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Metroid Dread, BotW 2, SMT5 and ADVANCE WARS 1 AND 2 REMASTERED?!

As a child of the GBA, that last one gives me absolute joygasms.
    Yeah, I am so jacked for Advance Wars. I do hope they'll give Dual Strike the same love some day.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    I finished the Final Fantasy Origins demo. Overall, as I expected the combat was great. Thought they did a good job of adding some FF-like mechanics to an action RPG like this. I also thought the boss was quite fun as well. My main concern at this point is the story and the main cast, but as long as its passable it will be fine as I think Team Ninja is nailing the combat right now.
    They got it working? might give it another try.

Supposedly some streamers got angry at nintendo for "not allowing" to co-stream their event. With notable example of quin that literally twitted "nintendo can suck my ****". I wonder if he'll get banned tho
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Ok since we got Kazuya in Smash..can we get Sol from Guilty Gear in Smash? I mean then we have the 4 biggest fighting game franchises/companies in one game!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Uhhh, the game was concepted 15 years ago, but they cancelled it twice due to hardware limitations. It wasn't until after the remake of Samus Returns that they went back to the drawing board and made the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, I am so jacked for Advance Wars. I do hope they'll give Dual Strike the same love some day.
    Doesn't mean they had to call it dread when this is an entirely new dev team
    Last edited by Video Games; 2021-06-16 at 03:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    SMT V on Switch was unexpected, though.
    ????????

Do you mean it being on Switch is unexpected when it was announced as so in 2017?

Or do you mean it being shown here was unexpected when the release date and story shit was leaked a week ago which also made that obvious?

Either way there was nothing unexpected about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    God this Gearbox presentation is not starting off well. I just wanna see Tiny Tina's Wonderland.

EDIT: I don't care if this has already been posted. Holy f$cksh!t I want this game so much.