Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Red face I made a playable new class of world of warcraft

Here a concept class that I made to practice with the new unreal engine 5.

Samurais, ninjas are asian tropes that are somewhat represented in the warcraft universe.

The Blademasters are samurais

The wardens have supernatural ninja-like abilities and fighting styles similar to what we could see in naruto

The class fantasy of samurais, ninjas and benders could easily fit into one class. So I made one which encompasses those 2 warcraft characters and also others characters who have the same fighting style like spell breakers, shadowhunters and Akama, that can easily be incorporated just the same way they did with tauren paladins or undead holy priests.

3 specializations : Blade Dancer, Storm Bender, & Shadow Breakers

Here the video : youtu.be/vUW0oEZEp7k
    I will make other videos to detail further the specification of each specializations and show what makes them unique. I hope you will enjoy this class concept. If you'd like to try this concept class to get the feel of its unique gameplay, I will make it available for download for free.

Races :

Orc : Horde, Burning Blade and Blackrock have Blade dancers, who excel in fire and blade mastery. Frostwolf, Thunderlord and Warsong have Storm benders, agile blademasters who prefer spears and can bend natural elements. Shadowmoon, Bleeding hollow and laughing skulls have shadow stalkers, dark assassins who prefer to throw their glaive and use the dark arts.

Draenei : the lightforged blade dancers use holy fire to empower their blades. Nobundo have Storm Benders disciples and Akama have Shadow Stalkers disciples.

Night Elf : The watchers blade dancers use the fire of Eline to empower their glaive. They have the best shadow stalkers in Azeroth, as they specialize in bending shadows. They dont have storm benders initially and are being taught by draeneis.

Trolls : Shadow hunters get their power from loas and voodoo to bend Fire, the elements of nature and shadow to hunt the evil from this world.

Blood elf, nightborn, Void Elf : Spellbreakers use the power of the phoenix or the moon to empower their glaive with Fire, and use arcane as simulacre for elements and shadow.

humans : The kirin tor wardens have a special evil hunters corps : battle mages who specialize in slashing their prey. A human born in Pandaria, Woo ping, have mastered all glaive and bending the element to pass on his arts to the Kirin tor He was formerly a weapon master in stormwind.

Pandarens : In pandaria, the Shadopans have a secret village of blademasters.
    What do you wish to see me do next ? Tinker ? Dark rangers ? 4th specs? I will make tutorials as well so you can make your own.

all assets are property of blizzard. I just borrowed them for this personal project.
    Last edited by samuro; 2021-06-13 at 08:13 AM.

Tinker as new class and sub specs (actual talent tree with multiple paths for every spec) is best imo.

Imo mine is best since it covers a lot of existing characters in world of warcraft and has a strong and unique class fantasy.
    I dont know if you watched the video but if you try it yourself I bet you will find it fun to play.

I would like to see your take on the tinker class as well. Unreal Engine 5 is free and easy to learn, so if you wanna make your idea come true you will be able to do so when I'll make the tutorials

Quote Originally Posted by samuro View Post
    Imo mine is best since it covers a lot of existing characters in world of warcraft and has a strong and unique class fantasy.
    I dont know if you watched the video but if you try it yourself I bet you will find it fun to play.

I would like to see your take on the tinker class as well. Unreal Engine 5 is free and easy to learn, so if you wanna make your idea come true you will be able to do so when I'll make the tutorials
    Just watched it and I have to say you did an amazing job. Instead of 4th specs, which blizzard is probably never gonna go with, can you make max level talent trees that are a replacement of the current talent system? The idea is that blizzard might be going with that system design in 10.0.

Basically, every spec gets a multi-path talent tree. For example fire mage, frost mage and arcane mage each gets a talent tree with multiple paths giving us 9 distinct play styles.
    Depending on the class, for example for tank/prot warriors, you can have a talent tree with three paths: one focused on dps with a sword&shield but at the expense of survivability, another path focused on aoe tanking, and a final path focused on self-healing/PvP.
    Last edited by RemasteredClassic; 2021-06-13 at 01:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RemasteredClassic View Post
    Just watched it and I have to say you did an amazing job. Instead of 4th specs, which blizzard is probably never gonna go with, can you make max level talent trees that are a replacement of the current talent system? The idea is that blizzard might be going with that system design in 10.0.

Basically, every spec gets a multi-path talent tree. For example fire mage, frost mage and arcane mage each gets a talent tree with multiple paths giving us 9 distinct play styles.
    Depending on the class, for example for tank/prot warriors, you can have a talent tree with three paths: one focused on dps with a sword&shield but at the expense of survivability, another path focused on aoe tanking, and a final path focused on self-healing/PvP.
    unless some classes share the same talent, it looks like even more work than adding a new spec for all class

Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHumanResources View Post
    Blademasters are just Orc Arms Warriors.

No literally.

Their signature ability was given to warriors, and Windwalk is represented in the Monk.

There's nothing but headcanon to pull from here.
    So like 99% of class concepts

Come on man the guy just made it up for fun

No literally.

Their signature ability was given to warriors, and Windwalk is represented in the Monk.

that's a narrow point of view there. I guess i'll get downvoted by a lot of people hate creativity like that lol

No literally.

Look up samuro in heroes of the storm. He's nothing like warrior

No literally.

You guys used to say the same thing for demon hunters, yet here we are

It's mind boggling to me that someone in their free time can make something this cool and we pay to play the garbage Blizzard vomits out every year.

10+ Year Old Account
    They could just rework arms spec tbh, right now there isnt much difference between the two dps warrior specs except one had one weapon, the other has two. Blademaster does not really feel like it would justify its own class.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    They could just rework arms spec tbh, right now there isnt much difference between the two dps warrior specs except one had one weapon, the other has two. Blademaster does not really feel like it would justify its own class.
    Did you actually watch the video before saying this. You guys used to say the same thing about demon hunters yet blizzard created a whole class and the whole vengeance demon things out of nowhere.

Last time I checked Warriors don't use illusions, clones and wind magic. And they're not limited to blade weapons

No literally.

Demon hunters are just demonology warlock, no literally.

Their signature ability was given to warlocks, and evasion is represented in the rogue.

It's mind boggling to me that someone in their free time can make something this cool and we pay to play the garbage Blizzard vomits out every year.
    I'm happy someone actually think that this little project looks cool, thank you
    Last edited by samuro; 2021-06-13 at 04:44 PM.

Any new class needs to be intrinsically connected to the theme of the expansion. This is because marketing is the most important game design consideration for WoW.

Tinker could accompany an Undermine expansion.
    Dragonsworn could accompany a Dragon Isles expansion.

Blademaster maybe could have made sense back in WoD, as a replacement spec for Arms Warrior. But not a whole class. I think the practice of replacement-specs is much better for the obscure classes in the lore, than adding a whole new class.

We already have Sub Rogue which is already a near Ninja spec, we don't need another.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did you actually watch the video before saying this. You guys used to say the same thing about demon hunters yet blizzard created a whole class and the whole vengeance demon things out of nowhere.

Last time I checked Warriors don't use illusions, clones and wind magic. And they're not limited to blade weapons

Sounds like the perfect way to make arms spec more distinct. Give em illusions, windwalk, etc so they are not just the 'warrior with one weapon spec'.
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

7+ Year Old Account
    As cool as blademasters are, we really don't need them.

Wont happen too many will scream eww no weeb stuff. Look at the blowback asmongold gets for even considering ffxiv. Its like mop being made fun of as pandaland but instead it would be weebland.

Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Any new class needs to be intrinsically connected to the theme of the expansion. This is because marketing is the most important game design consideration for WoW.

Tinker could accompany an Undermine expansion.
    Dragonsworn could accompany a Dragon Isles expansion.

Blademaster maybe could have made sense back in WoD, as a replacement spec for Arms Warrior. But not a whole class. I think the practice of replacement-specs is much better for the obscure classes in the lore, than adding a whole new class.

We already have Sub Rogue which is already a near Ninja spec, we don't need another.
    If you had seen the video, you would notice that this blademaster has ties with shadow and void

As cool as blademasters are, we really don't need them.
    We don't need any new class either, but it's a nice addition to an expansion. At least this one use mail, has original mechanics and fantasy which fit the warcraft universe, and has a tank and a ranged dps spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Sounds like the perfect way to make arms spec more distinct. Give em illusions, windwalk, etc so they are not just the 'warrior with one weapon spec'.
    and make them use agility ? come on
    You know that the wind magic and the mirror clones are tightly linked to agility right ? and also with the use of blade weapon as the blademasters fantasy comes from samurai and ninjas, and the warrior is neither
    Last edited by samuro; 2021-06-13 at 05:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    and make them use agility ? come on
    You know that the wind magic and the mirror clones are tightly linked to agility right ? and also with the use of blade weapon as the blademasters fantasy comes from samurai and ninjas, and the warrior is neither
    If the main problem is the choice of what primary stat they use then i would say theres no problem. Also that warrior isnt linked to samurai/ninja is not relevant. Rogue wasnt a pirate either until legion, yet here we are.

We need ranged classes.

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    We need ranged classes.
    did you watch the video ? I am literally emphasizing how unique is the ranged dps specialization

If the main problem is the choice of what primary stat they use then i would say theres no problem. Also that warrior isnt linked to samurai/ninja is not relevant. Rogue wasnt a pirate either until legion, yet here we are.
    It is somehow linked, since the blademaster's agile nature, their emphasis on bladed weapon, wind and illusion abilities is all about agile samurais and ninjas, and the fantasy of warriors isnt the swift agile hero but the enraged strong berserker.

Rogues does fit the pirate fantasy since the beginning. Meanwhile Warriors have always been inspired by knights, soldiers, berserkers and gladiators
    Last edited by samuro; 2021-06-13 at 07:53 PM.