The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Why tell us to PM mods/supermods...

If you are just going to ignore that too?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Mods are volunteers and are very busy. I dare assume your message is far from the only one they have to sift through so it takes time. Every time I've had to PM a mod/supermod the reply was really slow for me as well, but they always have (eventually) gotten back to me.
    3-5+ days?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    3-5+ days?
    Too bad you don't have my account. Mods around here give me an infraction before I finish logging in.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're not getting a response, they may just be away/busy, and yes, for days and sometimes weeks at a time. If a mod goes on a month's vacation, they keep their spot as a mod, for instance. Try PMing a different mod/supermod.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    If you're not getting a response, they may just be away/busy, and yes, for days and sometimes weeks at a time. If a mod goes on a month's vacation, they keep their spot as a mod, for instance. Try PMing a different mod/supermod.

While that image is from your profile (I'm not trying to call out specific mods here).

I've been checking. both mods have been fairly active since I pm'ed them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post

While that image is from your profile (I'm not trying to call out specific mods here).
    I mean, *waves at profile title*, *makes exasperated huffing sounds*.

Not a mod. Haven't been a mod for like three and a half years.

I've been checking. both mods have been fairly active since I pm'ed them.
    "Active enough to log in" is not the same as "active enough to respond and handle the issue". There were times I'd be busy and I'd accidentally click the bookmark for MMO-C and close it immediately, and that would've updated my "last activity" box. Or maybe you do some quick stuff and don't check your PMs and notifications. They're volunteers; they're not required to clear that backlog of messages before they head back out or something.

And not to raise allegations, but if you're abusive in your PM, it probably got shitcanned immediately. You're not giving me the impression you did, but it's the one case where I know mods wouldn't deal with a PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I went to check the mod response to the previous thread on this topic, but they never responded, so good luck.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Are we just going to ignore the the aspect that the mods here would probably not reply to a PM if they don't see it as a genuine concern?

Or the fact that if the PM in question is asking them to do something about spam, for example, and instead of replying to the PM they actually just go ahead and delete the threads and ban the bot poster?

BUT OH BOY they sure will close any threads opened on S&F forums at the speed of light. Can't have any active and open discussion with the words "moderation" in it at all. It's like the bat signal of MMO-C.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    Are we just going to ignore the the aspect that the mods here would probably not reply to a PM if they don't see it as a genuine concern?

Or the fact that if the PM in question is asking them to do something about spam, for example, and instead of replying to the PM they actually just go ahead and delete the threads and ban the bot poster?

BUT OH BOY they sure will close any threads opened on S&F forums at the speed of light. Can't have any active and open discussion with the words "moderation" in it at all. It's like the bat signal of MMO-C.
    Ah yes.. "speed of light" .. He says, in a thread that's 14 hours old about moderation..

10+ Year Old Account
    Some mods have very limited availability, and can't always respond quickly to messages. If you don't get a response from a mod within a couple days, you're welcome to send it to another appropriate mod, or escalate it to a supermod, or to chaud (using the "contact us" link on the site).

Additionally, although we do endeavor to respond to every PM received, there are some kinds of messages that might not get a response. If mods receive messages that are abusive or otherwise inappropriate, they might not get a reply. If a PM is also one in a series of messages about the same issue (for example, continue to argue about a rule that has already been explained), mods are not obligated to continue responding. Keep that in mind when sending messages and please be respectful even if you disagree with something; understand that mods are volunteers who are doing their best.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |