Are game vs game threads allowed now?

I've been spending some time in the FFXIV subforum and a lot of threads devolve into WoW vs FFXIV. Reports don't seem to have any effect.

I just want to know if this is allowed now because every time that happened in the WoW section a few months ago there were warnings. I'd really like to go back to the wow forums if I'm allowed to talk about final Fantasy there now.
    So are we allowed to compare games on mmo-champion now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, still not allowed.

Lack of moderation on the FF sub-forum is the reason for this.

Which is kind of funny, as there this poster who consistently makes "game vs game" threads (12 of which in the last 4 months have been closed) who is consistently banned over and over and over... who keeps coming back to make more of them and to be banned again. Since we can't name and shame, his name rhymes with CemasteredRlassic and he was just banned again today.
    Last edited by KOUNTERPARTS; 2021-06-13 at 02:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Echo of Soul View Post
    I've been spending some time in the FFXIV subforum and a lot of threads devolve into WoW vs FFXIV. Reports don't seem to have any effect.

I just want to know if this is allowed now because every time that happened in the WoW section a few months ago there were warnings. I'd really like to go back to the wow forums if I'm allowed to talk about final Fantasy there now.
    No, 'Game Vs. Game' threads are not permitted.

But sadly, the moderation team are volunteers and are not always around enough. And the ones around, might not have permission to do anything.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

And you yourself don't go to WoW-threads and spread the fine word of church of "we-all-live-in-peace-in-FFXIV" while bashing WoW?
    I hope you can see the irony of your thread here?

Moderation team is just volemteers.

Thoughts and prayers.

Quake > Doom!!!

Honestly getting tired of all the WoW vs FF14 threads, the spam has cranked up to 11 ever since that scruffy bearded baldy stated he was going to start playing FF14.

No.

People are just, as per usual, a tad slow in the head. Turns out FFXIV-players are cut from the exact same cloth as the rest.

10+ Year Old Account

You aren't suppose to make direct game vs game threads, that's still very much a thing and they get shut down. If the subject of the thread isn't meant to be game vs game but it gets a few degenerates that wanna chest bump "their" game and go off subject, is it really fair to close a legit discussion over them? The posts themselves should definitely be hit imo, but not the entire subject.

10+ Year Old Account
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by mmoc1d3ba0029e View Post
    No game vs game
    People have their preference in games and which they like. No need to bash other games or other such issues. If you don't like it, don't need to post about it and keep things civil.
    Just because something in the past wasn't actioned by a mod doesn't mean it is suddenly allowed. This should be pretty common sense, especially when it remains listed in the rules in several locations.

Because our mod team is built of volunteers, that means when we get help might be inconsistent and some areas (particularly areas that are low traffic or relatively problem free normally) might have very light coverage. Some of the less trafficed Video Game forums are like this. It is inevitable that things will slip under the radar, although the team does the best they can. Things getting missed does not mean it is allowed, it means it got missed. It certainly does not give license to go and cause further disruption or move the disruption elsewhere just because someone else managed to get away with it.

Since this thread is just discussing moderation now, I'm locking.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |