View Poll Results: 9.1 Arrives 20th July?

Voters
171. This poll is closed
  • For Sure

56 32.75%
  • Hell Nah

57 33.33%
  • Dude, Where's my car?

58 33.92%
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I know Blizzard has a reputation for doing this, but I think it's reaching to claim they'd let the closed beta of a fairly disliked game dictate their patch release dates. A release date, sure. A major patch or expansion? Sure. A closed beta? Meh, seems unlikely due to its insignificance.

(that assumes the beta even actually starts that day and doesn't get pushed again. New World has been postponed and revamped so many times at this point that it wouldn't shock me if they pushed the beta start date back again)

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    so they will release a broken patch just to try and screw over a new game...how low blizz has sunk....
    Where have you been the past 15+ years lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kalium View Post
    In the original Death Knight's starting area Shadowlands was referenced as to where you stole your horse from.

EDIT: Wrath of the Lich King opening patch.
    Actually, they call it the "Realm of Shadows". We visit what later became the Veil many times in WotLK.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    Actually, they call it the "Realm of Shadows". We visit what later became the Veil many times in WotLK.
    You are correct... I went back to verify... Mandela effect is strong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kauko View Post
    Are you new to this game? They are doing this since Warhammer online, age of conan days...
    ive been playing since mid bc tyvm still doesn't mean im not sorely disappointed when they do this

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    Where have you been the past 15+ years lol
    actually playing wow, what about you?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    It isn't 2009. Blizzard is fully aware they have no real competition in the MMO space.
    If anything, competition these days is much better than back in 2009, when WoW was the unchallenged behemoth. FF14 and ESO are thriving, GW2 still holds a solid niche and more importantly, they've learned to not be merely WoW copycats. As for WoW itself... let's just say that it has seen better days.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

That is unquestionably false. None of the above ever threatened WoW. They don't even try any more. There are no "WoW killers" even on the horizon, in development.

That doesn't mean FF14 and ESO aren't successful, they totally are. They just didn't take the king's crown, and they never will.

i would play 9.1 over new world
    was hyped for new world but the shop news killed all of my hype

It isn't 2009. Blizzard is fully aware they have no real competition in the MMO space.
    This isn't exactly true anymore. FF14 recently passed WOW SL in monthly active subs and they will launching a new xpac in the fall. Not to mention AOC and New World will be kicking off betas in the near future and Gw2 and FF14 will be releasing new xpacs. The point is if WOW does fade away it's not going to be the workings of 1 stellar MMO. It's going to be a "death by 1k papercuts" sort of thing. I honestly don't believe the new wave of WOW killers will impact in a significantly negative way. However, when you wait a ridiculous and unacceptable 7+m to drop a 1st patch (that is underwhelming) and bifurcate your player base with BC classic you are putting yourself in a needlessly vulnerable position. Players are already giving other MMOs a shot right now, particularly FF14 and ESO, that's something as a gaming company you do not want players to do.

Any supporting evidence of that? I can't find any numbers on FF14 active subscriptions and WoW hasn't released that info since like Cataclysm.

I totally agree, WoW will slowly continue its decline over time, nobody will abruptly steal its crown one day like Fortnite did with PUBG or WoW with Everquest.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    so they will release a broken patch just to try and screw over a new game...how low blizz has sunk....
    They always did this

They did schedule expansions/patches to blunt the competition, but that isn't what he was saying. They won't knowingly release a broken patch to do that.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Any supporting evidence of that? I can't find any numbers on FF14 active subscriptions and WoW hasn't released that info since like Cataclysm.

I totally agree, WoW will slowly continue its decline over time, nobody will abruptly steal its crown one day like Fortnite did with PUBG or WoW with Everquest.
    There aren’t any even slightly credible sources for Ffxiv sub numbers.

They normally mention subs in there investor reports but never give raw numbers. There last report was in April meaning there won’t be any data for a while until the next one and even that data is rather useless for sub numbers as they just report earnings and also mix another mmo into the same numbers given.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

You could get subnumbers from a broken API a year ago. Source: https://twitter.com/WeakAuras/status...12677578838016

For final fantasy just google. You find on 10 different pages the same number 2.5 mil.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    You could get subnumbers from a broken API a year ago. Source: https://twitter.com/WeakAuras/status...12677578838016

For final fantasy just google. You find on 10 different pages the same number 2.5 mil.
    From the Twitter link:
    the original post with those findings has since been deleted, not sure if because Blizzard threatened to sue or because it was false data. keep that in mind before spreading this as a fact. Just because something ended up being written on the internet, does not mean it's true.
    There is nothing to indicate that those were actual sub numbers and not a false or inaccurate claim. Also googling "Final fantasy 14 subscription number" only provides hits about having 22 million registered users.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    From the Twitter link:

There is nothing to indicate that those were actual sub numbers and not a false or inaccurate claim. Also googling "Final fantasy 14 subscription number" only provides hits about having 22 million registered users.
    Yes, Blizzard didn't confirm any number and they never will. Obviously.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Any site you see sighting 2.5 is using mmo population as a source and that site just makes up its numbers with no backing.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, Blizzard didn't confirm any number and they never will. Obviously.
    Then why bring something up that is a baseless rumor? Not everything posted on the internet is true and there was never anything to confirm that the api information was accurate or real.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Then why bring something up that is a baseless rumor? Not everything posted on the internet is true and there was never anything to confirm that the api information was accurate or real.
    You will never believe anything that's the point.

15+ Year Old Account
    You will never believe anything that's the point.
    You posted something just because you knew that I personally wouldn't believe it? I have no problem assuming information is accurate if it comes from a solid source. A tweet that was deleted and covered by some one else is not a good source of accuracy.