Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    Where do I find a "boutique company"??

- - - Updated - - -

None of those are available on Amazon or Newegg.
    Start with PowerGPU and work out from their. Google/reddit are your friends here.

None of those are available on Amazon or Newegg.
    That is kind of the point many people have been trying to make. There simply isn't a good deal to have at the moment.. And we don't know when this will end. Crypto is somewhat falling atm, but supply is still constrained and as the supply has been constrained for a long time, things still sell at these ridiculous prices.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Buy. A. 3080. If can’t be bothered to track restocks buy from a boutique company. They sell at retail.
    It's still not going to solve the problem that it's just way too much money atm for a GPU. And from what I've seen stuff are on stock at least here, it's just 2-3x the suggested price. And retailers can't really do anything about that as from what I've seen it's not really them that are taking the money. It is the card manufacturers and importers that are taking the biggest cuts atm. So you'd have to be a company that gets a direct supply from an AIB, that agrees to a lower price to actually be able to sell products at MSRP currently. And basically no AIB will do that without intencives as the cards are still seemingly selling at decent pace, even with current prices.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    That is kind of the point many people have been trying to make. There simply isn't a good deal to have at the moment.. And we don't know when this will end. Crypto is somewhat falling atm, but supply is still constrained and as the supply has been constrained for a long time, things still sell at these ridiculous prices.

It's still not going to solve the problem that it's just way too much money atm for a GPU. And from what I've seen stuff are on stock at least here, it's just 2-3x the suggested price. And retailers can't really do anything about that as from what I've seen it's not really them that are taking the money. It is the card manufacturers and importers that are taking the biggest cuts atm. So you'd have to be a company that gets a direct supply from an AIB, that agrees to a lower price to actually be able to sell products at MSRP currently. And basically no AIB will do that without intencives as the cards are still seemingly selling at decent pace, even with current prices.
    Really? My buddy got his for $742 just this month. Not sure you know what you’re talking about.

Really? My buddy got his for $742 just this month. Not sure you know what you’re talking about.
    Well from what I heard from a retailer in here there was 1 SKU of all 3080tis that was at suggested price from the supplier. They got 10 of those cards, meanwhile they got 79 of the other SKUs from the same manufacturer. So sure, they exist, just you have to get super duper lucky or resorseful to get something at suggested price.

Well from what I heard from a retailer in here there was 1 SKU of all 3080tis that was at suggested price from the supplier. They got 10 of those cards, meanwhile they got 79 of the other SKUs from the same manufacturer. So sure, they exist, just you have to get super duper lucky or resorseful to get something at suggested price.
    That’s nice. BB gets more than 1 3080FE in when they restock. Your “but in Finland” stuff doesn’t really apply to the US in the least.

Also to add they got 117 cards total during launch, all but 3 of them have been bought out. This at 2x suggested price for most of them. They got 200+ cards coming from the supplier atm, non-surpricingly all of them are high priced SKUs and there is no supply info on the decently priced SKU.

Also to add they got 117 cards total during launch, all but 3 of them have been bought out. This at 2x suggested price for most of them. They got 200+ cards coming from the supplier atm, non-surpricingly all of them are high priced SKUs and there is no supply info on the decently priced SKU.
    Yep, Finland sucks. We get it.

Yep, Finland sucks. We get it.
    Sure it's only one example, from an EU wide supply chain though, so not Finland. Usually we here have things under suggested US price after taking into account exhange rates and taxes mind you.

Sure it's only one example, from an EU wide supply chain mind you though, so not Finland. Usually we here have things under suggested US price after taking into account exhange rates and taxes mind you.
    And, yet, here in the US you can buy these cards from a reputable retailer at msrp on a regular basis. So, let’s not use Finland as an example when it’s clearly not equivalent.

And, yet, here in the US you can buy these cards from a reputable retailer at msrp on a regular basis. So, let’s not use Finland as an example when it’s clearly not equivalent.
    I never was using Finland as an example. It's a Germany based supplier. And yes US is different for EU.

But let me ask this question. If you were a manufacturer of goods, you have 2 choices most of your stock to a region that insta buys your stuff at 2x the suggested price or to a US that forces you to supply goods at MSRP. Where would you send the most of those goods?

They restock the FE on a regular basis. I saw at least 3 happen before I even started trying. Then I saw 4 restocks before I got mine. Saw a couple more happen in subsequent weeks before I stopped paying attention.
    That is fair. To be honest, I wasn't watching all that hard... I was playing the Newegg Shuffle. I also agree, get a 3080 if you can.

- - - Updated - - -

Is the 3070TI good enough for next gen (PS5/Xbox XSX) games? Max I’ll pay for a graphics card is $1.5k.
    I believe so but from what I am told, it falters a bit at a full 4k resolution. It can do it, but not as well as others. If you can get a 3080, I would shoot for that. I kind of settled for the 3070TI

Retired | Avatar and Signature by Shyama

There's still issues in the US, as the supply is very regional. Even the press releases that Best Buy has put out in the past has said their stock is regional, despite being online-only for purchases. Best Buy seems base the inventory around the stores near you when trying to purchase 3000's series cards, and from the checkout process it does appear that each store has a set number of cards they can sell online. One time, I set my VPN to a less populated area to try to get a card, but Best Buy will prevent you from purchasing if your shipping address is not near the "store" from which you are purchasing. It's likely an anti-scalping/botting measure, but it doesn't fix the issue if you live in a region where botters/scalpers are prevalent. Unfortunately in my region, there's a bunch of eBay scalpers in the region, so it's always a fight.

I've managed to get my hands on a couple cards, but they're all AIB cards despite wanting an FE card. Managed to get lucky in the New Egg Shuffle, and I also have had success from Antonline. Have some friends in Texas that have had good success with waiting in line at Microcenter... so if one lives near one, worth a shot.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

It's mostly good but I would change mobo, case, and PSU to the following parts:

PCPartPicker Part List

Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING B550-PLUS ATX AM4 Motherboard ($149.99 @ Amazon)
    Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow ATX Mid Tower Case ($94.99 @ Amazon)
    Power Supply: Super Flower Leadex III Gold 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($105.00 @ Newegg Sellers)
    Total: $349.98
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-06-15 15:47 EDT-0400

My reasons are because the 4000X has shit airflow, the Gaming X V2 isn't a particularly great motherboard, and the EVGA GQ PSU's are kind of crap and I have really terrible personal experience with those PSU's.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakadam View Post
    It's mostly good but I would change mobo, case, and PSU to the following parts:

PCPartPicker Part List

Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING B550-PLUS ATX AM4 Motherboard ($149.99 @ Amazon)
    Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow ATX Mid Tower Case ($94.99 @ Amazon)
    Power Supply: Super Flower Leadex III Gold 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($105.00 @ Newegg Sellers)
    Total: $349.98
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-06-15 15:47 EDT-0400

My reasons are because the 4000X has shit airflow, the Gaming X V2 isn't a particularly great motherboard, and the EVGA GQ PSU's are kind of crap and I have really terrible personal experience with those PSU's.
    So can you link every part I need? It's hard to figure out what the individual parts are on the site I linked. Amazon and Newegg works. (Also, is it cheaper to upgrade my current PC rather than build from scratch? Do I really need a new power supply, for example?)

You can buy a few hundred cards (aggregated from ALL retailers) sometimes near MSRP (the New Egg Shuffle is NOT MSRP, often 300+$ higher) nationwide, once every 6-10 days or so. But if youre not getting it from Best Buy, you aren't getting it at MSRP. Micro Center is not selling at MSRP when they get cards in; they are often double. Good friend of my wifes made a friend at the local Micro Center here in MI and when the 3080Tis came in they were selling for over 2000$. On launch day. Needless to say, he had to pass even though the guy offered to hold one for him.

And there are tens to hundreds of thousands of people who want cards. So no, the situations is not hookers and sunshine here in the US.

Despite your constant insistence that its apparently just easy-peasy to get a card, the hundreds of thousands of people who want one and cant get one prove the lie to that bullshit.

The situation here in the US is a jet-fueled shit-filled industrial sized dumpster fire.

The fact that it is even worse elsewhere doesn't make it better here, your delusions notwithstanding.

Why not wait a tad longer? ddr5 ram and motherboards are hitting the market at some point this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    You can buy a few hundred cards (aggregated from ALL retailers) sometimes near MSRP (the New Egg Shuffle is NOT MSRP, often 300+$ higher) nationwide, once every 6-10 days or so. But if youre not getting it from Best Buy, you aren't getting it at MSRP. Micro Center is not selling at MSRP when they get cards in; they are often double. Good friend of my wifes made a friend at the local Micro Center here in MI and when the 3080Tis came in they were selling for over 2000$. On launch day. Needless to say, he had to pass even though the guy offered to hold one for him.

And there are tens to hundreds of thousands of people who want cards. So no, the situations is not hookers and sunshine here in the US.

Despite your constant insistence that its apparently just easy-peasy to get a card, the hundreds of thousands of people who want one and cant get one prove the lie to that bullshit.

The situation here in the US is a jet-fueled shit-filled industrial sized dumpster fire.

The fact that it is even worse elsewhere doesn't make it better here, your delusions notwithstanding.
    It’s better here because we have BB. As simple as that. Not my fault you can’t quantify basic shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    Why not wait a tad longer? ddr5 ram and motherboards are hitting the market at some point this year.
    *Sigh* I'm a streamer, I need my stuff ASAP.

*Sigh* I'm a streamer, I need my stuff ASAP.
    go to amazon and just buy a premade with the GPU that you want and go from there. In this market, thats your best choice. Sell what you can of your current PC. Flame me if I'm wrong.