Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
  1. #121
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwijello View Post
    I didn't say the dev team made the old games. I said the current content that the devs are putting out sucks, so the company, not the devs, released OLD content to make up the profit margin. The current content is crap.
    No offence, but who cares if you think their modern games are crap? All major games 2010-2020 sold like hotcakes. Personally only game I would consider to be crap was WIII Reforged (so remaster), but I doubt even that was financial flop since game price is same since launch.

  2. #122
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    Snipping Excuses
    It belongs to Blizzard. The decide who gets their property. They offer it for sale to others for a cost. You took it without paying Blizzard. That is theft. End of story. All your mental gymnastics are just that.

    If someone is handing out free meals to people, and you behind their back take one without their knowledge, it's still theft even if it has no cost, which WoW does, because you took it without consent of the owner.
    The most difficult thing for people to do is objectively look at something they don't like and be able to accept that it is not bad, that other people like it, and if it was changed to the way they'd like it that other people would not like it and want it changed back. The second most is to receive something they didn't want or ask for and be grateful for it, not immediately demand what they wanted instead.

  3. #123
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    Given that most AAA games are 60 (and now heading to 70$ on consoles) and have ~20 hours of content, whats your criteria here for playtime value? Just curious, as the "its not a good value" seems to be a common argument in this thread and im trying to imagine a world in which 40$ for a game where youre likely to get well over 100 hours (just on one character, if you just play through Hell once) is a bad deal on $/hours of enjoyment.
    $1 an hour.

    how long does it take to beat normal mode? maybe 20 hours if were generous? chances are that's all i'll play before the nostalgia trip wears off. 100 hours definitely seems unrealistically optimistic.
    Last edited by Hellobolis; 2021-06-19 at 09:37 PM.

  4. #124
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    It belongs to Blizzard. The decide who gets their property. They offer it for sale to others for a cost. You took it without paying Blizzard. That is theft. End of story. All your mental gymnastics are just that.

    If someone is handing out free meals to people, and you behind their back take one without their knowledge, it's still theft even if it has no cost, which WoW does, because you took it without consent of the owner.
    /sigh

    Mental pygmy doesnt understand that intangible items literally cannot be stolen as they have no intrinsic value. In order for it to be theft, a loss has to incur. There is no loss. Its a virtual good they can replicate at will for no cost.

    And, way to Strawman. Remember when i said i wasnt weighing in on if it was good or bad? I wasnt making excuses for anything. I was merely explaining that while it may be a CRIME (and had no opinion of it should or should not be a crime), it is not THEFT.

    But, hey, reading is hard, i know. Nuance not a thing for you i guess.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    $1 an hour.

    how long does it take to beat normal mode? maybe 20 hours if were generous? chances are that's all i'll play before the nostalgia trip wears off. 100 hours definitely seems unrealistically optimistic.
    More like.. 40+ to beat normal. Took me close to 20 hours just to “beat” the Alpha once on one toon. And thats just acts 1 and 2. 3 and 5 are HUGE.

    And you must never buy any game ever if 1$/hour is your breakpoint. The number of games youre going to get 60 hours out of is miniscule. And youre really costing yourself some good times. Dishonored (1 + DLC, 2, Death of the Outsider) were all amazing games. But none of them took 60 hours to beat. Though 2 at least had two characters so you could replay it differently. The new Prey was similarly great. Etc.

  5. #125
    Quote Originally Posted by MechanoDruid View Post
    Typical overprivileged answer. Not everyone has lot of money to just drop them on overpriced game without being able to actually test it first.
    If you have problems with spending money for games, that does not make us overprivileged. Just means some of us actually work for a living, and invested some of our income, too. We're not sitting in Mom's basement playing games and nothing else.

    If you don't want to spend, that's fine, it's your money. Keep your nose out of how/what I spend my money on. Don't be envious that I actually built up a career and don't have to worry about piddly things like 40 bucks. I can spend more than that taking the wife out to eat, easily, and I do it fairly often.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    It belongs to Blizzard. The decide who gets their property. They offer it for sale to others for a cost. You took it without paying Blizzard. That is theft. End of story. All your mental gymnastics are just that.

    If someone is handing out free meals to people, and you behind their back take one without their knowledge, it's still theft even if it has no cost, which WoW does, because you took it without consent of the owner.
    Don't waste your breath. Cheaters and thieves *always* find a way to justify it to themselves. No different than the people who try to steal from my employer and then try to wiggle out of it when we catch them. They generally pay up or go to jail, or both.

  6. #126
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    More like.. 40+ to beat normal. Took me close to 20 hours just to “beat” the Alpha once on one toon. And thats just acts 1 and 2. 3 and 5 are HUGE.

    And you must never buy any game ever if 1$/hour is your breakpoint. The number of games youre going to get 60 hours out of is miniscule. And youre really costing yourself some good times. Dishonored (1 + DLC, 2, Death of the Outsider) were all amazing games. But none of them took 60 hours to beat. Though 2 at least had two characters so you could replay it differently. The new Prey was similarly great. Etc.
    hmm certainly feels like you could beat normal mode in a day or two no problem. but it's been over a decade so who knows.

    can't remember the last time i paid $60 for a game either, as i said earlier i often have no problem waiting for a sale. i generally only buy games i really care about on full price/release, and we'll, if it's something you really like it's much easier to get enough hours out of it.

    had a look at my steam history and apparently i paid $8.50 for dishonored GOTY which i played 28 hours. so that checks out.

    the last game i bought was mass effect remaster, took a month of EA play for $15, got 110hours out of that and i had a couple days of access left at the end.
    Last edited by Hellobolis; 2021-06-20 at 02:29 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •