Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Necrosaro123 View Post
    Crazy WoW Fan: 9.1 will fix Shadowlands...you will see dude!!....Its going to be everything we have ever dream....Its going to so fun, that we will keep playing this crap for months....EVEN YEARS!!! I CANT WAIT FOR IT !!!!"
    That sounds pretty neat to me! /s
    Sadly this is looking like a BFA situation. This raid looks more fun than CN, and the M+ affix looks better to a casual like me.
    Will 9.1 turn SL into a good expac? No, but neither did BFA's major patch. Korthia could be a less awful Nazjatar, which would be great.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Covid has been horrendous on a global scale.
    but these patch issues have been going on for a long time with WOW.
    its become so cluttered with pointless systems there's no wonder its always delayed.
    the Maw was terrible on launch and now they are pretty much putting an entire patch in a zone quite a few dislike.

IMHO it feels like they hoped everyone would be playing BC until this is ready.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    No offence or anything, but those creature distriptions were just to fill in the many blank spaces this patch has.

Hollow is the new word here.
    Yeah...I don't think I have ever seen "creatures" featured to that degree in a preview promo before...the barrels is pretty empty when you have to resort to that.

Those creatures and the 2 scenes of the Maw were pretty disappointing in another respect as well...the art department has almost always done a spectacular job, in some cases good enough to allow you to ignore other blatant short-comings of a particular patch / expansion...but it's quite obvious from the pics (both landscape and critters) that they failed miserably in trying to translate the idea of the "forbidden and foreboding" Maw into art...those cute cartoony creatures have absolutely no relation to a scary place like the Maw and their attempt at instilling dark and forbidding is a cringe worthy bad halloween cartoon... an epic fail in fact...similar to most movie adaptations of Stephen King novels

15+ Year Old Account
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    To saddle up on your trusty steed in this ominous realm, you’ll first need to complete the introductory storyline to Korthia. Once you complete the quest, you’ll receive The True Maw Walker reward, which allows you to summon and ride all ground mounts in The Maw and Korthia on the character who earned it.
    So to clarify (sorry, I don't do the PTR) we have do the Korthia storyline with all alts too? No skip?

And while I'm at it, with 9.1 is there still no skip for the SL intro? I've chased Jaina & Co through the maw 6 times and still have 10 to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnseven View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    To saddle up on your trusty steed in this ominous realm, you’ll first need to complete the introductory storyline to Korthia. Once you complete the quest, you’ll receive The True Maw Walker reward, which allows you to summon and ride all ground mounts in The Maw and Korthia on the character who earned it.
    So to clarify (sorry, I don't do the PTR) we have do the Korthia storyline with all alts too? No skip?

And while I'm at it, with 9.1 is there still no skip for the SL intro? I've chased Jaina & Co through the maw 6 times and still have 10 to go.
    This is what Blizzard meant when they said they'd make Shadowlands Alt friendly, they wanted to make sure you get to experience all the best content they could muster, on all of your alts.

Quote Originally Posted by spalernTJ View Post
    This is what Blizzard meant when they said they'd make Shadowlands Alt friendly, they wanted to make sure you get to experience all the best content they could muster, on all of your alts.
    that is definitely NOT alt friendly.......

Diablo 2 resurrected 09/23. See you all there.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraku View Post
    Al the wowtubers are looking at ff14 right now. Hell even asmongold is gonna play it. Just let wow die at this point and make them make WoW: Reforged or WoW 2
    Jesus Christ... youtubers need to make money, breaks in content this long are bad for them. Of course they will show something new, there is only so much you can show during a break.
    For the rest of us, breaks are just breaks. We don't lose anything. You can play other games, come back when you have content, it's not s big deal. We don't need a game to play to constantly like a second job. For youtubers it IS a job, not for us.
    Streamers and youtubers do not dictate what you play or not. You play what you want, if it's fun for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    People ask for fixing Shadowlands? I thought they want more content. When 9.0 was fresh this forum was almost silent.
    i can express/state exactly the 4 things i want (this is just me and my opinion):

- more content
    - less „systems“
    - no VP gear upgrade stages requirement (KSM)
    - no Conquest gear upgrade stages requirement (Combatant etc.)

thats „all“ () i need to be happy with SL.

but... this will not happen.

last 2 points: i would be totally fine with having a single „base“ requirement, done once and for all. i.e. i would be fine to need KSM +10 before i can upgrade my VP gear to infinity. same for PvP: get 1400 or 1600 CR once and upgrade to infinity.

why?

because it SUCKS when you are a PUG player, and you are full HC raid and m+10 eqquipped, and raid has NOTHING more to offer, and you have to run all keys in PUG +15 before you can do further VP upgrades by running dungeons, what is in the end not even your first choice. this is in my country, even more so when not able to play from 18:00-22:00, nearly impossible. this means: when i have KSM10 and all HC raid items i can either endlessly deplete PUG +15 or fix myself to a mythic raid schedule (what i can not cause of work). in short: the game ends for me and after resignating after 20+ attempts to get +15 dungeons in time (i didnt get a single one finished in time via PUG grps after 20+ tries) i just either play some alt or quit the sub.

and no, i dont wanna have warforged/titanforged back.

maybe its just a „the game is not any longer for me, after 15 years of WoW“-problem. but its simply stupid imo to gate that shit instead let ppl just play to improve their gear and slowly work piece for piece towards an upgrade. which is the main driving factor of the game, even when you „dont need the gear“. and plz, for the love of god, dont bring up that „why you want gear you dont need? shit. ppl play for better gear because its fun and the sense of the game, not because they „need it“.

but i assume the last 2 points will not happen in SL (and beyond) because it heavily supports the use of boost grps, which leads to many sold tokens, which leads to 7-9 free euros (dont know the USD value) for every token that ever passes the AH, for free, for Blizz.

So...
    Last edited by Niwes; 2021-06-15 at 06:18 AM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensa1 View Post
    Yeah...I don't think I have ever seen "creatures" featured to that degree in a preview promo before...the barrels is pretty empty when you have to resort to that.

Those creatures and the 2 scenes of the Maw were pretty disappointing in another respect as well...the art department has almost always done a spectacular job, in some cases good enough to allow you to ignore other blatant short-comings of a particular patch / expansion...but it's quite obvious from the pics (both landscape and critters) that they failed miserably in trying to translate the idea of the "forbidden and foreboding" Maw into art...those cute cartoony creatures have absolutely no relation to a scary place like the Maw and their attempt at instilling dark and forbidding is a cringe worthy bad halloween cartoon... an epic fail in fact...similar to most movie adaptations of Stephen King novels
    Yea.. just big images of all pretty simmilar looking crabs and stuff seemed weird to me. Like why would we suddenly care for these that only daze us(not realy cus we have a saddle nowadays)

Flying being all caps and super exciting isnt even a real feature etc etc. Its sad that we have to do it with this honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    that is definitely NOT alt friendly.......
    with alt friendly Blizzard normally mean:

- you have to watch the stupid storyline 10 times
    - you have to do a million campaign quests 10 times
    - you have to farm stuff like soulash or renown 10 times (i.e. by doing the same quests or Torghast shit again
    and again and again and again and again and ...)
    - you have to build up all your borrowed power systems 10 times. the same way. again and again and again.

yes, thats these strange alt friendlyness things, they always talk about.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dispirit84 View Post
    Diablo 2 resurrected 09/23. See you all there.
    no.
    not for me.
    no more money for Activi$$ion Blizzgreed.
    i have enough from
    - cheap shit
    - smart cash grab systems
    - recycled stuff (i played endlessly x years ago)
    Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post

Oh, and the quicker Asmongold fucks off to another MMO the better.
    I wont ever understand how people can blame blizzard "for milking wow dry" but watching streamers like Asmongold. Most streamers are milking wow for their own good, spreading salt and so on.
    And Asmongold will return, i cant count how often i read things like "asmongold quit wow" and he is still there -.-

With the eye no longer tracking your every move, you can freely roam the Maw without penalty and stay in this forbidden place for as long as you please.
    ok, really who wants that ?

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    They'll put a timer on anything other than themselves lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Guess June 29 looks likely with this preview.
    BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Devs already stated that nothing earlier then July/ August is possible. At any rate. It's just 9.0 repackaged as 9.1. No thanks.