Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Roanda View Post
    Tha hell? I didnt say is dead.

I said it just turned out to be:
    Elitist World of Warcraft math simulator min maxer extravaganza

Because of addons

As a Sunwell raider back in the day this was always the case. Addons with the armory just made it faster rather than having to/inspect everyone.

The only thing that's changed slightly is how people are criticizing others and what they're freaking out over.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

Quote Originally Posted by Argorwal View Post
    Yeah….that’s probably not going to work out well.
    It works,but only if done right at the start of a game. Trying to make that work in WoW now would be about 17 years too late

Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    As a Sunwell raider back in the day this was always the case. Addons with the armory just made it faster rather than having to/inspect everyone.

The only thing that's changed slightly is how people are criticizing others and what they're freaking out over.
    raider io is an addon to find a RANDOM group.
    Is an addon for the lonewolf.
    Is an addon to survive in the min maxer jungle that is the "random group world environment"

This official blizzard support of this system....i dont even know who is helping in the "random group world environment"

To be honest, i dont even care bruh.
    But i know one thing is for certain...they just officially added an elitism tool to the random scene...as a new mini-game to keep us entertained.
    Pfft, /spit @ blizzard
    Couldnt care less for this
    Unless you tell me this tool could be good for everyone...
    Last edited by Big Thanks; 2021-06-14 at 10:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by exsanguinate View Post
    Remove this mythic+ crap already. Ruined the game a lot.
    Yea big NO.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

1 day, 2 articles, sounds like 9.1 is REALLY soon! I like!
    But not too soon please, still progressing mythic sire. want to finish that before.

So excited. Can't wait to leave dungeons midway through because it doesn't increase my rating.

Quote Originally Posted by GnomeEU View Post
    So excited. Can't wait to leave dungeons midway through because it doesn't increase my rating.
    It'll be funny if blizzard slipped in a deserter buff.

People need to calm down tbh. Nothing is changed. People who use a rating tool will still use it. People who don't don't care.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by bearlolz View Post
    This game will be an elitist toxic sesspool until the day worldoflogs is taken down
    that wont happen sadly next up is wcl integration into wow.....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    saved* just fixed it for you.
    no hes right, sadly wow has become a esports game.......

When April Fool jokes from back in the day become closer to reality:

NEW FEATURE: EPEEN

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    What is best in life? Gear, plain and simple. As part of the upcoming stat-system revamp, we plan to introduce a new tool that will let World of Warcraft players know exactly where they stand in comparison to other players: the Equipment Potency EquivalencE Number.

With this new system, you’ll no longer have to wonder about your perceived or actual worth as a player. Your Equipment Potency EquivalencE Number, automatically derived from the quality of the gear you currently possess, will be placed on your character sheet and in the Armory, and also displayed over your character’s head in-game as an easy-to-read bar-like object that steadily grows as you acquire loot. Thanks to this new system, no one will be able to ignore the fruits of your long, hard journey toward gear perfection.

How Your Number Is Determined

Here's how it will work: With every new piece of gear you obtain, your number will grow; if you attain a high enough number, you'll graduate to the next tier (more on that below) and gain access to exclusive rewards. If you’re looking to boost your number even more, activities such as earning raid and Arena achievements or realm-first titles will help you get it up, and you'll also begin receiving in-game mail with exciting offers for additional ways to enhance it.

Player Potency Tiers

To complement this system, we plan to use an updated version of the phasing technology introduced in Wrath of the Lich King to automatically place players in segregated tiers based on their number. Each tier will comprise all players within a certain number range, and players will only be able to group with, talk to, or see other players in the same tier as themselves. To ensure players with a smaller number will not be shafted by this new system, we plan to introduce a wide variety of new solo content for less well-equipped players.

Rewards

Those with sufficiently large numbers can earn in-game rewards such as a permanent bonus to "need" rolls, the ability to cut to the front of the queue in the Dungeon Finder, a larger ignore list, a much shorter dungeon deserter debuff, or -- if your number is exceedingly impressive -- a new non-combat pet, Binky the Mechano-Rooster.

As your number grows, the game world will tailor itself to you in other subtle ways: as the pool of players you interact with becomes more and more exclusive, you’ll no longer need to stand still in prominent locations quite so often to allow others to inspect your gear; you’ll have fewer time-wasting calendar invitations to sift through; and your friends list will become increasingly more manageable, reducing needless scrolling time. Any negative repercussions of these changes will be offset by the satisfaction you’ll receive knowing your equipment is significantly more impressive than average.

We hope you enjoy the new system!
    source:
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Equ...valencE_Number

15+ Year Old Account
    When April Fool jokes from back in the day become closer to reality:NEW FEATURE: EPEEN
    It was making fun of gear score and is no closer to reality then it was back then.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

raider io is an addon to find a RANDOM group.
    Is an addon for the lonewolf.
    Is an addon to survive in the min maxer jungle that is the "random group world environment"

This official blizzard support of this system....i dont even know who is helping in the "random group world environment"

To be honest, i dont even care bruh.
    But i know one thing is for certain...they just officially added an elitism tool to the random scene...as a new mini-game to keep us entertained.
    Pfft, /spit @ blizzard
    Couldnt care less for this
    Unless you tell me this tool could be good for everyone...
    It's absolutely not just an addon for the lone wolf but for anyone who doesn't have a full 5-20 players at their beck and call any time they want to do anything. Even the few buddies I have that still mythic raid use it for when they can't make a full group of guildies. Seriously what fucking social wizard are you that you never have to pug in a MMO unless you're entirely doing random heroic and BG queues or world quests? I had a group with me tanking and 3 dps buddies, none of our healer friends were on, and someone poked around for a healer because we were trying to get someone to push high keys. Hardly a lone wolf situation with 3 other people grouped with me that I know IRL. But we're also not idiots and know that randoms be random. And that means you have to hedge your bets with either Ilvl or past experience. A way to see Ilvl's in the game, Raider IO just makes it easier to judge past experience. Even when I was in a multi-guild channel of basically the top guilds/players on our server still had to go outside that sometimes. Very few people escape pugging entirely in this game and in fact some of my best friends/guildies I met pugging a dungeon all the way back to Shadowlabs.

If you're not pugging at least a little bit even just a person or two you either have a very large group of friends or are playing the most boring content this game has to offer.

And I doubt even you with your complaining you care so little about anyone's performance you'd be fine doing group content with 3 people afking while you dragged them through it. Is it elitism to expect people to pull their weight or at least have a reasonable Ilvl/past experience to attempt the content you're trying to do? I'm not arguing that people aren't assholes with unreasonable standards for Pugs. That's been the case since WoW was a twinkle in some dev's eye. Only that expecting some level of gear or past experience to tackle something like a 20 key or heroic raid isn't unreasonable and the tools to gauge that aren't inherently evil. The player base is, and always will be, at some level shitty when pugging.

Now do some people use that to an extreme? Sure. But again, that's literally nothing new and will never go away as long as there's an inspect window. Shit I used to remember people making any people who joined a group line up in order/front of the instance to be inspected. Is /inspect an elitism tool? Until you make an RPG that has no way to view other people's gear or accomplishments it's unavoidable. It's no different when they put in DBM like features or enhanced raid/UI frames to do things that addons had done for ages.

Funny enough I don't even have the mod dl'd and I've never once cared about my IO score, or gear score when that was a thing. Still lived my life and played just fine 100% ignoring and never downloading either mod. And for someone who doesn't care you sure have invested a lot into talking about this topic. And the /spit sure conveys your indifference. Most of the people who care already have it and the people who don't will continue to ignore it except a few people on the margins.

And funny enough even in my days when I ran with a full raid group we'd have to pug a random from time to time. Even when I was in a multi-guild channel of basically the top guilds/players on our server still had to go outside that sometimes. Very few people escape pugging entirely in this game and in fact some of my best friends/guildies I met pugging a dungeon all the way back to Shadowlabs.

Personally I find your elitist whining about elitism more annoying than people who use the mod. It's a useful tool for gauging if the person you're inviting can handle the content you're about to do. And like anything some people abuse it/expect Mythic gear to do LFR. Before those tools I used to lie about my experience to get into groups, now it's just harder to do so. The mod's widespread enough odds are you're already running into a majority of groups with it. This will practically change little unless you also want to demand blizz bans these types of mods.
    Last edited by shimerra; 2021-06-14 at 11:44 PM.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

@shimerra

This is an addon only to help the top end.
    Its like food only for people in heaven and completely useless for planet earth and hell (>_<)
    Like you said, i personally dont even need this tool at all.

You know what tool would be more wholesome and cute for us doing lower keys?

Something like this:
    Number of times you left mid dungeon: X
    Number of times you left after time ran out: Y
    (if party leader left group first or kicked you, your stats dont change)

There, at least us garbage eaters could find the tool useful for us also...and you know...not just for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    @shimerra

This is an addon only to help the top end.
    Its like food only for people in heaven and completely useless for planet earth and hell (>_<)
    Like you said, i personally dont even need this tool at all.

You know what tool would be more wholesome and cute for us doing lower keys?

Something like this:
    Number of times you left mid dungeon: X
    Number of times you left after time ran out: Y
    (if party leader left group first or kicked you, your stats dont change)

There, at least us garbage eaters could find the tool useful for us also...and you know...not just for you.

Just because you don't aspire to become better at the content the game provides doesn't mean other players don't aspire as well.

You haven't said one compelling thing to argue against it, other than stringing in random words into your posts like "min maxer jungle" and "lone wolf" and "elitist" as if they helps your point.

It doesn't.

It's amazing how somebody like you -- who stylizes himself as an advocate for "community" and "group content" -- can somehow have absolute 0 reasoning as to why to hate on a system that will very well help people get into groups for M+ content... and still hate on it.
    Last edited by KOUNTERPARTS; 2021-06-15 at 04:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    Yeah,that's the problem when you allow players to minmax.
    If you let them do it,people will optimise the fun out of the game. And then they'll complain that the game is not fun and that they're forced to be optimal.

As a game dev,it's very important to force players into having fun,otherwise they won't and they'll blame you for it
    yes.

as an alternative, you can also try to design the game around players minmaxing and making sure minmaxing _is_ the fun in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    Just because you don't aspire to become better at the content the game provides doesn't mean other players don't aspire as well.
    erm id like those stats myself as a avid rio user, so i can avoid cronic key leavers

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Railander View Post
    yes.

as an alternative, you can also try to design the game around players minmaxing and making sure minmaxing _is_ the fun in the game.
    that is in its own essence not fun as there are so many "sub optimal" pieces of gear that just creates the current treadmill of gearing

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post

You haven't said one compelling thing to argue against it, other than stringing in random words into your posts like "min maxer jungle" and "lone wolf" and "elitist" as if they helps your point.

It doesn't.

It's amazing how somebody like you -- who stylizes himself as an advocate for "community" and "group content" -- can somehow have absolute 0 reasoning as to why to hate on a system that will very well help people get into groups for M+ content... and still hate on it.
    Sorry, are you making an argument on this post? I fail to see any?

So in your opinion this is not ONLY helping top end content players.

Wait...are you insinuating...this will.......HELP random low key groups?
    PAHAHAHAH, thanks man, i really needed a laugh now

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    saved* just fixed it for you.
    unbelievable how naive you are. do you know what sacrifices had to be made, what all has been trivialized, so that this system works?

blindfish, jeez. yea, but keep thinking it saved the game lol when it was already a sh*tfest.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    this isnt fun tho, lots of ppl hate rio and blizz dont care about that, the devs are shoving their idea of fun down ppls throats
    I dont like PvP. They should remove that from the game too. And pet battles. Maybe professions too

Quote Originally Posted by Toby451 View Post
    I dont like PvP. They should remove that from the game too. And pet battles. Maybe professions too
    we are on the same boat for that 1 then, pet battles are "ok" profession don't really serve any purpose atm outside alchemy, herb mining jc and inscription.

also there is a option to not do any of those sadly if you want to do m+ you HAVE TO use rio

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    The WoW developers keep spending time on the wrong shit.
    Says who? Plus you actually think they are taking away major development time from other stuff because of this? Ohhh boy....