Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Not eligible to upgrade beyond 207 - wasn't lucky enough to get that achievement.
    ..? I came back to WoW 3 weeks ago, having not played since January, and I've almost completed my KSM. Completed the 'every +10' achievement last week...

This honestly has nothing to do with luck, I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    My paladin healer
    i'm a holy priest... i have... guardian spirit if someone is about to die but it's mostly used to boost healing throughput... but i can't cast that if i'm silenced... i can't cast anything at all...
    Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    healers are not just heal casters either
    good luck trying to not cast as a holy priest... to get chastise back i need to cast smites...
    Last edited by Sugarcube; 2021-06-15 at 11:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarcube View Post
    i'm a holy priest... i have... guardian spirit if someone is about to die but it's mostly used to boost healing throughput... but i can't cast that if i'm silenced... i can't cast anything at all...

good luck trying to not cast as a holy priest...
    You have ways of stopping the silence cast yourself. You can see the cast and preemptively use CDs if it looks like it won't get kicked. Just blaming other people for everything doesn't get you anywhere. It's a pug, people are going to play like complete apes most likely. Play around it.
    Voidshuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    You have ways of stopping the silence cast yourself. You can see the cast and preemptively use CDs if it looks like it won't get kicked. Just blaming other people for everything doesn't get you anywhere. It's a pug, people are going to play like complete apes most likely. Play around it.
    yeah... if my chastise is off cd... is it always off cd? no... because i use it to control mobs...

and yes, you can blame 4 people if a silence goes off and you wipe as a result... it was a fucking +22... if you as a tank or dps lets the silence go through and you wipe as a result of it you really, really don't belong in a +22...
    Last edited by Sugarcube; 2021-06-15 at 11:52 AM.

If we have a weekly cap, like we do right now it doesnt really matter.

yeah... if my chastise is off cd... is it always off cd? no... because i use it to control mobs...

and yes, you can blame 4 people if a silence goes off and you wipe as a result... it was a fucking +22... if you as a tank or dps lets the silence go through and you wipe as a result of it you really, really don't belong in a +22...
    Were you discussing pulls before doing the dungeon? If you think you just waltz into the 22 and just yolo CC on pulls none of you belong in anything higher than 19 and don't blame other for that, because if you didn't that's as much blame on you as it is on them.
    Not discussing pulls, CC prio and sequence/marks, blasting your CC/CDs while there is no need to is like dropping assassin while your tank is using his CDs - wasted resources.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    It is a good idea. Most people who would be "abusing" this are going to massively overcap valor early in the patch anyway and won't care later in the patch. It's just a nice bonus for helping an alt or getting somebody a bit of score.
    To be clear, I'm not saying it is a bad idea and I'm not worried about abuse. Quite the opposite; I'm saying it will be completely ineffective at what it is intending to do.

Many people who are in a position to help alts or carry are going to be capped fairly early on, as you said. If the valor incentive is big, they're going to cap even sooner. If it's small (this is more likely to be the case), most people aren't going to care anyway, especially not enough to gamble with a lesser experienced PuG over a better one. The amount of situations in which I think this will make people take a slightly less qualified person to help them because they want the valor are going to be so small as to be negligible.

If they want to give incentives to help other players, it needs to not be an easily cap-able currency with a somewhat limited usefulness.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| youtube | twitch | twitter |

this means even more people getting carried because some people want more valor... holy fuck... what are they thinking? there already is a problem with people getting to a score they wouldn't be at if people didn't carry them and now they're incentivizing it...
    Such a silly thought. First off, Season 2 is going to have a valor reset. So we're all going to start back at 0 valor with a 750 cap that grows by 750 each week.

At best this just means that players who time dungeons early on will reach their cap sooner. And once you reach your earned cap, it won't matter because you can't get any MORE valor for the rest of that week.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzeth View Post
    ..? I came back to WoW 3 weeks ago, having not played since January, and I've almost completed my KSM. Completed the 'every +10' achievement last week...

This honestly has nothing to do with luck, I'm afraid.
    KSM is automatic now. Back when you last played you had to work for KSM due to low ilvl, lower skill on knowing what to skip what to do, but most of all: The nerfs. The amount of nerfs in M+ has been more insane than I've ever seen. R1 M+ pushers were barely even able to get through 20's back then, but now that shits nerfed into the abyss, they are running 28's etc

The difference between January and now is like Raiding Normal vs Raiding Mythic or PVP'ing in a random BG vs PVP'ing in a medium/high ranked setting

Everyone gets KSM now automatically because that's all people run. Every single person that runs keys runs either 14/15 or higher because it's just not hard at all

nice, m+ splitruns with low rating alts to increase valor gains for the mains

Quote Originally Posted by Enter Name Here View Post
    nice, m+ splitruns with low rating alts to increase valor gains for the mains
    Except of course the weekly cap is 750, meaning you overcap already from doing your 3 vault slots.
    Voidshuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

I just wish they would fix the loot drops rather then trying to add extra systems to a broken one

Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    KSM is automatic now. Back when you last played you had to work for KSM due to low ilvl, lower skill on knowing what to skip what to do, but most of all: The nerfs. The amount of nerfs in M+ has been more insane than I've ever seen. R1 M+ pushers were barely even able to get through 20's back then, but now that shits nerfed into the abyss, they are running 28's etc

The difference between January and now is like Raiding Normal vs Raiding Mythic or PVP'ing in a random BG vs PVP'ing in a medium/high ranked setting

Everyone gets KSM now automatically because that's all people run. Every single person that runs keys runs either 14/15 or higher because it's just not hard at all
    Hyperbole sure is a great thing, and definitely doesn't lead to bad arguments being made.

PS: Read what I was actually replying to.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    To be clear, I'm not saying it is a bad idea and I'm not worried about abuse. Quite the opposite; I'm saying it will be completely ineffective at what it is intending to do.

Many people who are in a position to help alts or carry are going to be capped fairly early on, as you said. If the valor incentive is big, they're going to cap even sooner. If it's small (this is more likely to be the case), most people aren't going to care anyway, especially not enough to gamble with a lesser experienced PuG over a better one. The amount of situations in which I think this will make people take a slightly less qualified person to help them because they want the valor are going to be so small as to be negligible.

If they want to give incentives to help other players, it needs to not be an easily cap-able currency with a somewhat limited usefulness.
    This is 100% the right answer and exactly what is going to happen. Well said.
    ~steppin large and laughin easy~

I hope it isn't being reset - I have around 7000VP in my kitty
    Of course it's being reset.

The lengths people go to just so they can complain about something...

This will have zero impact on the game. It will zero impact on group making. It will have zero impact on M+ scores. It will have zero impact on boosting. It will have zero impact. It's a non-issue. It's a feature that you will realize whenever you get that tiny Valor bonus and then think to yourself "hm, neat. Whatever..." and then move on.

It really baffles me about what meaningless shit people complain here all the time... The game must be in a fantastic state if this is what people complain about.

It's so being reset. But worry not you should be getting something like 55g23s for that valor - so it all evens out in the end.
    GG Blizz.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post

Calm down dude, you don't have to justify why you waste so much of your life on WoW to get things done quickly.
    *pats random guy on back for job well done getting KSM early*

Quote Originally Posted by Wuusah View Post
    The lengths people go to just so they can complain about something...

This will have zero impact on the game. It will zero impact on group making. It will have zero impact on M+ scores. It will have zero impact on boosting. It will have zero impact. It's a non-issue. It's a feature that you will realize whenever you get that tiny Valor bonus and then think to yourself "hm, neat. Whatever..." and then move on.

It really baffles me about what meaningless shit people complain here all the time... The game must be in a fantastic state if this is what people complain about.

wow that's some hyberhole here there's a legitimate complaint here. people will fell compelled to boost others incontent where they dont belong just for extra valor a this will also increase the quantity of boost sellers.

people are now punching above their wait where they cant actually do the dps required for that level and this will make thing even worse pay attention

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    It's so being reset. But worry not you should be getting something like 55g23s for that valor - so it all evens out in the end.
    GG Blizz.
    Or you can buy the resource bags instead of letting it be converted automatically.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    wow that's some hyberhole here there's a legitimate complaint here. people will fell compelled to boost others incontent where they dont belong just for extra valor a this will also increase the quantity of boost sellers.

people are now punching above their wait where they cant actually do the dps required for that level and this will make thing even worse pay attention
    Who, exactly? People actually "farming" valor are the people who are also getting 3 vault slots, which already almost doubles the weekly valor cap.
    Voidshuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Of course it's going to be reset