Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

valor gain from m+ change in 9.1 are so bad...

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ne...-of-domination

As an additional bonus to the group, if anyone in the group improves their rating on a run, everyone will earn bonus Valor Points, so don’t be shy about helping others get a leg up while helping boost your own rating too!
    this means even more people getting carried because some people want more valor... holy fuck... what are they thinking? there already is a problem with people getting to a score they wouldn't be at if people didn't carry them and now they're incentivizing it...

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarcube View Post

this means even more people getting carried because some people want more valor... holy fuck... what are they thinking? there already is a problem with people getting to a score they wouldn't be at if people didn't carry them and now they're incentivizing it...
    wondering how much valor???, considering that im expecting it to be reset for 9.1 as letting us letting us grind 16-20k valor on week 1 would alow us to gear to fast

im expecting to be rest to only 750 week 1

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    wondering how much valor???, considering that im expecting it to be reset for 9.1
    I hope it isn't being reset - I have around 7000VP in my kitty

Due to COVID-19, Germany is running out of sausages and cheese.
    The government considers this to be the Wurst Käse scenario

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    I hope it isn't being reset - I have around 7000VP in my kitty
    i got 9k on my hunter and im expecting a reset, allowing every1 to retain their season 1 valor will allow ppl to reach sanctum hc gear right away automatically invalidating the raid not gona happen

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarcube View Post

In reality this is going to have almost no impact on groups after the first couple weeks, if even that long. Players who are in a reasonable position to carry others are going to be valor capped very quickly anyway. For most players who run M+, valor is not an incentive to do anything except on shitty alts that aren't in a state to do carry runs anyway. If it awards a lot of valor, people will just get capped even quicker. If it awards a tiny bit, then people won't give a shit anyway.

This is just getting upset just to get upset IMO.
    Last edited by Tziva; 2021-06-14 at 11:34 PM.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| youtube | twitch | twitter |

i got 9k on my hunter and im expecting a reset, allowing every1 to retain their season 1 valor will allow ppl to reach sanctum hc gear right away automatically invalidating the raid not gona happen
    Well - at least give me something to spend it on - haven't spent a single VP so far.

Well - at least give me something to spend it on - haven't spent a single VP so far.
    they might let you keep it and spend it up to 220 then have like sanctum valor or something for after that...but they would prolly just convert it to gold like every other currency

they might let you keep it and spend it up to 220
    Not eligible to upgrade beyond 207 - wasn't lucky enough to get that achievement.

ah well allowing you to keep the valor wont fix that

It ain't much but you can currently spend Valor on certain crafting mats, I would think those sell for more than their usual 1pt = 1silver ratio.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    This thread is a nice reminder that Blizzard can do something nice and still get absolutely shit on for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by intenz View Post
    It rewards cowardly and low-skillcap gameplay.

You can buy Heavy Callous Hides, Lightless Silk, and Shadowghast Ingots right next to the Vault for Valor, though it's a fairly pitiable amount. Still a better dump then just waiting for the 1 valor = 1 silver conversion thats sure to happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Not eligible to upgrade beyond 207 - wasn't lucky enough to get that achievement.
    lol... that's not about luck...

I used all my VP on buying the leather. 6000-7000g per bag on my server.

Going to keep doing that in 9.1 since people will then upgrade gear instead of buying the mats, good for me that dont upgrade my gear and power through vendor.

No, it's not bad. Just because you think it is doesn't mean it actually is.

This will have little, if not any at all, long term effect on M+ or the M+ scoring system and you will likely not be effected by it in anyway to complain about it as you have.
    Last edited by KOUNTERPARTS; 2021-06-15 at 04:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    No, it's not bad. Just because you think it is doesn't mean it actually is.

This will have little, if not any at all, long term effect on M+ or the M+ scoring system and you will likely not be effected by it in anyway to complain about it as you have.
    it might have a impact, it all depends on how much extra valor you get for helping some one improve their score, also remember that there are so many ppl with high rio that are clueless with mechanics

wondering how much valor???, considering that im expecting it to be reset for 9.1 as letting us letting us grind 16-20k valor on week 1 would alow us to gear to fast

im expecting to be rest to only 750 week 1
    They stated when they first implemented it, Season 2 would start at 750. The only reason Season 1 started at a higher cap was because they retro'ed all the weeks.

Also season currencies get reset every season.

They will. Any remaining values will be converted to 35s per point likely. So it's either A) upgrade items or B) get converted to gold later.

I mean that sounds like a "you" thing. Valor is intended to upgrade M+ items. So you need to get all +5 and above for the upgrade thresholds. If anything get all +5's and then upgrade it to 213 or something, I believe.

Im confused on why getting more valor occasionally is bad

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    I used all my VP on buying the leather. 6000-7000g per bag on my server.

Going to keep doing that in 9.1 since people will then upgrade gear instead of buying the mats, good for me that dont upgrade my gear and power through vendor.
    Huh? What leather for a bag? Only bag I know of is the tailoring one which is cloth only.

Quote Originally Posted by DioTalks View Post
    Im confused on why getting more valor occasionally is bad
    Because it's the internet where everything is always bad, even if good.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    They stated when they first implemented it, Season 2 would start at 750. The only reason Season 1 started at a higher cap was because they retro'ed all the weeks.

Also season currencies get reset every season.
    i thought this would be the case, tho 1 question when dose the new m+ season start when 9.1 launches or when the raid launches?

also remember that there are so many ppl with high rio that are clueless with mechanics
    i'm getting flashbacks to trying 22 sd... tank dropping like mad.. i get curse of suppression on me and tank dies... "omg healer wtf"... yes wtf indeed... stop the curse of suppression from being cast on me...