Poll: What would you prefer to be the fate of the Ghostlands

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    3+ Year Old Account
    Ren'dorei should be reworked or removed from the game and why in the actual hell would their capital city (which they will never have) be in Quel'thalas? I think that would be a bad choice. However, I could accept this as a possibility:

Ghostlands is revamped, the northern section is purified as OP mentioned and features a new questline in which Lady Liadrin leads the Blood Knights to clean up all the way down to Deatholme. However, once the Dead Scar is healed and the Blood Knights reach the gates, it is decided upon that the Forsaken, who have provided aid in the Ghostlands from the start, will be gifted Deatholme and the lands surrounding it as a new home. The San'layn, should they be introduced as an AR, may join them here. The new Forsaken territory would create a buffer between Quel'thalas and the Plaguelands, help solidify the Horde's hold on northern EK, as well as bring the Amani insurgency to heel, whether the tribe is destroyed and the survivors flee south or they are permanently relegated to Zul'aman. Of course this would be no easy feat, given the tenacity of the forest trolls. Such a struggle could form the crux of the new Ghostlands storyline, perhaps involving worshippers of Hakkar? Or is Hakkar perma-dead...idk I don't play SL.

Either way, don't let the Ren'dorei have anything besides their tentacle asteroid.
    Last edited by Sagenod; 2021-06-15 at 05:53 PM.

3+ Year Old Account
    I think the Amani should get a small portion of the Ghostlands, since it's their ancestral home. I really don't know about having to types of elves that hate each other in the same zone. Would cause a crapton of fighting
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    I think the Amani should get a small portion of the Ghostlands, since it's their ancestral home. I really don't know about having to types of elves that hate each other in the same zone. Would cause a crapton of fighting
    A hypothetical revamped Ghostlands definitely should be (imo) much bigger than the BC version, so there should be room enough for a couple of troll themed subzones. Awr ya doin' mon?
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

The Scourge is supposedly going on a rampage during SL so with the heavy Scourge presence in Ghostlands I doubt that the elves are getting to build in Deatholme any time soon.

I'd love if we get the second half of Quel'Thalas (from the old maps) which is supposedly the rest of Zul'Aman. There used to be a huge troll entrance similiar to ZA in Eversong with a raid portal behind it that got removed in retail.

The last couple of thousands players still playing the game are 80% Horde. You think Blizzard is going to destroy one of their favorite leveling zones just to turn it into an allied Alliance race capital? Please. And for what reason? The Void Elves only exist because they wanted to give us the High Elves without looking like fools. It's not like they are going to give them any more attention. Them and all the other allied races.

Quote Originally Posted by Beloren View Post
    ...San'layn...
    If I'm not mistaken the San'layn were wiped out during BFA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

massive void elf attack, heh.
    Its not like lorewise they are like 20-30 units, right?

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Did you have a look at my version? In that story, void elves are actually fully in Quel'thalas
    I don't understand your version, it seems like you distinguish between "Void Realm" and Quel'Thalas, but this "Void Realm" OP proposed would be located in Deatholme, Southern Quel'Thalas, so the Ren'dorei would indeed fully be in Quel'Thalas. I like the idea of the Thalassian truce and reunification a lot, but that is not required for the Ren'dorei to gain a solid foothold in Quel'Thalas, which they shall do in due time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    Supposedly if they would be updating the zones for a revamp, Void Elf and Blood Elf conflict would be one of the possible ways to even have conflict throughout the zone in the first place. It gives story for the zone that's relevant to current events if anything. The Wretched problem and Scourge problems and other such events in Eversong have largely been resolved, so there would be need for other conflicts throughout the zone. Intrigue and infighting between Void Elves in the area would spark conflict and create opportunity to reuse other areas that would otherwise be without conflict. As far as a leveling story, you could do worse than conflict between differing tribes of elves fighting over sections of land while getting flanked by Amani constantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    I don't understand your version, it seems like you distinguish between "Void Realm" and Quel'Thalas, but this "Void Realm" OP proposed would be located in Deatholme, Southern Quel'Thalas, so the Ren'dorei would indeed fully be in Quel'Thalas. I like the idea of the Thalassian truce and reunification a lot, but that is not required for the Ren'dorei to gain a solid foothold in Quel'Thalas, which they shall do in due time.
    i think he means that everywhere has a shadow realm version. Like a different phase. In Argus, you go into the void realm, everything is the same, but it's just the void version of it. You sabotage the work Ethereals are doing there.. presumably this is also where the attack on Silvermoon from the Ethereals happened when Alleria visited, the Ehtereals were in the void realm of the Sunwell.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalium View Post
    If I'm not mistaken the San'layn were wiped out during BFA.
    Dreven is and the immediate trainees you found with him at the time are. Other trainees would still be alive and training others, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    I can't see the blood elves tolerating an Alliance capital one zone away from their own, never mind after all the struggling they've done to recapture and hold the Ghostlands from the Scourge, while dealing with night elves holding important runestones that were once used in Quel'Thalas's defense (and attacking any blood elves who get too close on sight), with only the Forsaken detachment and Horde adventurers for aid.

That said, since Shadowlands launch, there's been some odd activity in the world map around the Old Quel'Thalas zone and the uninstanced Stratholme area, with a very Void-y skybox. Perhaps the void elves can settle the territory there as a new Quel'Thalas: close to their former homeland but not so much so that it would inevitably draw ire and attacks while they're trying to settle and build.
    Left out the rolls in Zul'aman

10+ Year Old Account
    Just had an interesting thought. Ghostlands already has the dark vibe, what if it became some sort of void lands, and Deathlome was destroyed and rebuilt into a new void city .. dunno what the story would be (example of possibilities: 1. maybe the void elves wage a massive war against the void ethereals trying to take the Sunwell and Silvermoon and Ghostlands becomes some void heavy zone - or 2. maybe the alliance launch a campaign to retake Silvermoon, and they occupy up to Ghostlands and it becomes some new warfront type warzone, with the warfront section half in the newly renamed Voidlands and half in the sunny part of Eversong woods, Or 3. maybe it's a peaceful negotiation because of troubles with the void and they return their to help making it their base of operations.

Or

Would you prefer the San'layn become the next Blood elf allied race in the round 2 releases, with Deatholme rebuilt into a massive necropolis as the San'layn relocate from Icecrown citadel (they built from Saronite with scourge slave labour) and returned to Quel'thalas occupying the blighted/scarred side of Ghostlands in a revamp. You can also imagine the story here. Powerful San'layn ruler makes move on Quel'thalas, but renegade San'layn work with blood elves to foil the plan, end up staying in Ghostlands half to manage scourge left overs and any foreseeable trouble 2. Peaceful vision, San'layn fully join the horde, and move into Quel'thalas to help strengthen horde control against fears of alliance attacks.

Which would you prefer?
    Eh.. I would lean towards a Void Elf city but I'd rather see Ghostlands healed to what it used to be, and have the voidies somewhere else.

Didn't vote as there was no option for me.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Eh.. I would lean towards a Void Elf city but I'd rather see Ghostlands healed to what it used to be, and have the voidies somewhere else.

Didn't vote as there was no option for me.
    Like a massive world tree in a semi dark forest twist for high elves?

i think he means that everywhere has a shadow realm version. Like a different phase. In Argus, you go into the void realm, everything is the same, but it's just the void version of it. You sabotage the work Ethereals are doing there.. presumably this is also where the attack on Silvermoon from the Ethereals happened when Alleria visited, the Ehtereals were in the void realm of the Sunwell.
    Ah Yes, you refreshed my memory about that Mac'aree world quest where you infiltrate the Ethereal camp in the Void realm.

I don't see the point in introducing this Void Realm shenanigans in this type of storyline... just let the Ren'dorei have their own foothold in Quel'Thalas without introducing alternate dimensions just for the sake of complicating the plot.

in that place originally there was a world tree, I should have one again

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather they construct a city, or even so, a town, as the void elves are a minority group by lore, apparently even less than High Elves.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I'd rather they construct a city, or even so, a town, as the void elves are a minority group by lore, apparently even less than High Elves.
    The Deathholme location would be the best place for a city, and you could have a massive thick forest extending out separating those in Eversong woods which is lightly forested to those in Eversong possibly renamed Darksong Forest.

Be nice to see more Thalassian structures, ordinarily I would say or have it be blood elven, but for this topic was curious thinking about what it would be like if it was instead Void elven or high elven forest based, or still undead.

I think the long-term plan for Ghostlands is to cleanse and restore it back for blood elf use, so if the San'layn are to set up shop there they'd have to bear its eventual flourish.

Void elves have no business there as tapping into the void is degreed illegal in Quel'thalas, not to mention harboring Alliance on sin'dorei lands is unthinkable even in peacetime.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

10+ Year Old Account
    The Deathholme location would be the best place for a city, and you could have a massive thick forest extending out separating those in Eversong woods which is lightly forested to those in Eversong possibly renamed Darksong Forest.

Be nice to see more Thalassian structures, ordinarily I would say or have it be blood elven, but for this topic was curious thinking about what it would be like if it was instead Void elven or high elven forest based, or still undead.
    I just do not believe Void Elves would be that welcomed so close to Silvermoon? I mean, they did get banished for what they are now.