Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    heh, especially because the helm king kinda goes bananas and became a canibal. if it is the one im thinking about

but who knows, if they can pull out something decent, i don't even remember who they fought there
    Iirc it was the war against the Dunlendings. So man against man, which is an odd choice for an animated movie. Unless they retcon it and also add Sauron/Orcs to the mix.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

I love anime, but... No. I do not think this will end well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    So while The Rings of Power was getting a lot of attention this slipped through with out no fanfare. and looks like (from behgind the scenes) seems to be foillowing lore and context a lot better than the Amazon show.

https://movieweb.com/warner-bros-fir...-war-rohirrim/
    Amazon Prime Video is bringing a lot of attention to Middle Earth with their mega-budget The Rings of Power series. However, Warner Bros. is also returning to Tolkien’s world with their animated movie Lord of The Rings: The War of the Rohirrim and has released a first teaser image of what can be expected from the film when it arrives in April 2024. While we will be seeing at least one series of Amazon’s live-action series first, Warner Bros. will tap into the current trend that has seen popular IPs such as The Witcher, Star Wars, and the MCU developing animated spin-offs to further expand their universes.

As the rights to more of Tolkien’s tales of hobbits, men, orcs, elves and dwarves are sold, opening up the potential for many more series and movies, Warner Bros. originally announced their trip back to Middle-Earth last summer with a story set in Helm’s Deep some 250 years before the siege that formed the latter part of Lord of The Rings: The Two Towers movie of Peter Jackson’s trilogy. Though The Hobbit and The Lord of The Rings are Tolkien’s best-known works, his volumes of appendices and histories of the world he created provide many more stories to be told, and it looks like these are finally starting to come to fruition.

While the first image released by Warner Bros. is a piece of concept art depicting a massive attack on Rohan, it delivers a good sense of the type of action that will come with the movie. Although the film might not bring the live-action spectacle of Amazon’s series or the original trilogy, there will be plenty for fans of the franchise to enjoy here, and it looks like the movie will be taking many of its visuals directly from Jackson’s trilogy. The hilltop Rohan capital of Edoras and the attacking Dunlendings are almost identical to the ones seen in the now twenty-year-old movies that brought the world of Tolkien fully to life for the first time in 2001.

In many fantasy sagas, there is one story that stands out above all others. In C.S. Lewis’ Chronicles of Narnia it is The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe, while George R.R. Martin’s A Song of Ice and Fire is defined by the first book in the series, A Game of Thrones, and when it comes to the world of J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit and The Lord of The Rings always overshadow posthumous works like The Silmarillion, Unfinished Tales and the twelve volumes of The History of Middle-Earth, all of which were compiled and edited by Tolkien’s son Christopher from his father’s many written works and notes about his world. Now finally, it looks like that world will be explored almost 50 years after the author’s death.

Amazon’s Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power series will bring The Second Age of Middle-Earth to life in the same visually stunning way that Peter Jackson did two decades ago, and as there are many more pieces of Tolkien’s texts up for adaptation, we are about to enter a whole new era of projects from one of the original fantasy worlds that all others followed.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    First look visuals of the War Of The Rohirrim movie.

This has such low engagement. They need to have a good trailer to really sell this to the current market in the boom of animated family films.

15+ Year Old Account
    The thread title really should be changed since Amazon is not involved in the project. It is WB/NLC that is doing the film.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    The thread title really should be changed since Amazon is not involved in the project. It is WB/NLC that is doing the film.
    I changed the title name but it doesnt change in our the sub-forum index for some reason

Might have to be a mod adjustment.

I dig the style, gives me both older 90's anime vibes but also a dash of Netflix Castlevania. Kenji Kamiyama is directing and he did Eden of the East and a ton of Ghost in the Shell, I always thought he was a good director so Im optimistic!

It is hilarious seeing the people freak out on twitter today over it being anime despite it being said it would be an anime, made by an anime director and team since it was officially announced.

Also fun little detail, they kept the design of the throne the same

I know the show is being produced by NLC, and thus its part of Jackson's Tolkien-verse so I guess it should be a given the designs are the same, I guess Im just happy to see confirmation of that!

Art style gives me real Fire Emblem vibes, which I dig, but I worry it won't really have mass appeal for people. They'll have to market super well to be successful at the box office.

My first thought is Castlevania. But that's probably because it's literally the only thing anime-esque that I've watched in forever.

For whatever reason, I always thought this was gonna be a series. I was surprised when I read closer and realized this is going to be a movie.

I'm interested in how this goes, I have higher expectations than I did for RoP for this one.

5+ Year Old Account
    Maaaaan...I almost always do search for threads...but this one is so old I assumed there wasn't one for the rohirrim war...or rather I don't remember there being any, or it was soooo long ago with no update I must have forgotten about it if I ever did see it...

I'll stop posting about this movie in the other Lotr movie thread..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    This has such low engagement. They need to have a good trailer to really sell this to the current market in the boom of animated family films.
    it comes out at end of december...its literally on the doorstep of 2025...and here we are with less of half the summer gone... I think movies have to stop posting trailers far in advance... how are u gonna maintain "engagement" for 7 months?...

I anticipate it will suck just like any modern anime with Hollywood's fingers sticking into it.

Not what I was expecting when I initially heard about the project, the visual just seems off to me. Not sure I will get to this one, maybe, also I swore it was a tv show when I first heard about it, not a movie, or am I remembering wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    it comes out at end of december...its literally on the doorstep of 2025...and here we are with less of half the summer gone... I think movies have to stop posting trailers far in advance... how are u gonna maintain "engagement" for 7 months?...
    Effective marketing and branding with strong partnering with packaging. Twisters, Barbie, Deadpool & Wolverine, Moana 2, Inside Out 2, Elemental, Joker 2, Kinds of Kindness are doing or have done so currently. These are well-positioned films.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    Not what I was expecting when I initially heard about the project, the visual just seems off to me. Not sure I will get to this one, maybe, also I swore it was a tv show when I first heard about it, not a movie, or am I remembering wrong?
    hmmm?...there's so many (prob not, just the ones that pop up into me brain) franchises that are shows n movies, alien, godzilla/kong, dune, mandalorian etc.

...dunno, is there a lotr show going on? besides rings of power..

- - - Updated - - -

Effective marketing and branding with strong partnering with packaging. Twisters, Barbie, Deadpool & Wolverine, Moana 2, Inside Out 2, Elemental, Joker 2, Kinds of Kindness are doing or have done so currently. These are well-positioned films.
    Twisters? seriously

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Twisters? seriously
    Yeah. Proven brand. Hot actors everyone is talking about that were in recent successful films. They started rolling out marketing for the film last year. It's a bumper on every major film in the US. The social media team is effectively using the brand, actors, and visual effects to pique interest. It's trending upward.

They are doing it on the cheap too. If the film has a soft opening, the PVOD and ancillary packaging will more than make up for it and they got all those actors for a song off great CAA packaging.

Edit: I just looked again. Twisters hit peak engagement during their Super Bowl spot (naturally). Since Feb 11th, the film only lost about 50% of the engagement total through June 9th. Which is as current as my tools allow me to look at the moment. That is spectacular. This might be a performer.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2024-06-12 at 08:17 PM.

I got new information on this product this morning. The movie is gonna be divisive.

I got new information on this product this morning. The movie is gonna be divisive.
    Curious. How so?

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Curious. How so?
    It's likely the fanbase of this franchise will dislike the direction of the film. If more is leaked I can say what I know outright.