Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
8
9
10
11
LastLast
  1. #181
    Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    This is fully ignoring the patch is not nowhere ready lmao... Have anyone actually been to PTR?
    Have you? The patch isn't a buggy mess that people keep trying to make it out to be. It is weird how you run the full range of negatives. A "summer raid", only 2 no life players are interested, and it is no where near ready. You keep making excuses just because it didn't release when you expected it to. August or later.

    People still play and consume entertainment products in the summer. You can also take your computer outside with Wifi. The whole trope of summer being spent 100% outside died years ago.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  2. #182
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    "With Blizzard treating you this way"

    For fucks sake, they're not your girlfriend. Grow up. And stop acting like two weeks isn't enough time to prepare for a fucking video game. You're just being a whiny shit because you're mad at Blizzard for one reason or another, so you're raging over literally nothing every chance you get.
    Yeah lets stop caring about the game and let it rot, perfect idea. Lets accept all crap blizzard does and be cool with it cause its "just a game"

    No. Screw that, Im out.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

    NextUI for XIV


  3. #183
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    I mean you could be totally ok with blizzard treating you that way, but don't expect others to put up with this. This is one of the reasons people are searching for some other mmo where customers are not disrespected. And one of the reasons big companies see opportunity here. Whatever you like it or not.
    There is an easy solution. Put your life before that of the game and you don't have to worry about the perceived disrespect. Blizzard hasn't always given a long advance notice of patch dates and if you actually paid attention to the PTR it was easy to tell that the patch would be releasing sooner rather then later. No one is searching for a new MMO just because they get dates laid out for them. That is shallow.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  4. #184
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Yeah lets stop caring about the game and let it rot, perfect idea. Lets accept all crap blizzard does and be cool with it cause its "just a game"

    No. Screw that, Im out.
    Ok, bye.

    I mean, you're probably not going anywhere because if this all wasn't just SO IMPORTANT to you, you wouldn't be here acting like such a diva about it. But sure, bye.

  5. #185
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    ...ok plain English

    Say I had a vacation planned for months...I'm in an average raiding guild but was taking a break...the day the raid opens is right in the middle

    Sorry but fuck wow I'm doing this vacation..it will be there the next week my guild knew months in advanced and already made accomodations...if that isn't the case your either in Method where doing it day 1 actually matters or you need a new guild
    Yes fuck wow, cool, now that you are on the same page. If I knew that before I could:

    A. Tell my guildmates the date is set in stone and Im not gon be available to give them a chance to
    1. try to find replacement
    2. announce to others that because of lack of players, raids are going to start later
    B. If its a bit fluid try to wriggle a date a bit.

    But instead I feel like Im being fucked instead.

    Game or not, I absolutely hate when people/companies do this crap. Like knowing something is going to happen ex party/wedding/patch/absence etc but giving me very short notice to respond. Or stuff that is on schedule suddenly being delayed with no explanation whatsoever.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

    NextUI for XIV


  6. #186
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Yes fuck wow, cool, now that you are on the same page. If I knew that before I could:

    A. Tell my guildmates the date is set in stone and Im not gon be available to give them a chance to
    1. try to find replacement
    2. announce to others that because of lack of players, raids are going to start later
    B. If its a bit fluid try to wriggle a date a bit.

    But instead I feel like Im being fucked instead.

    Game or not, I absolutely hate when people/companies do this crap. Like knowing something is going to happen ex party/wedding/patch/absence etc but giving me very short notice to respond. Or stuff that is on schedule suddenly being delayed with no explanation whatsoever.
    ....so plan the game around your life not the other way around...it's called being a functioning adult

  7. #187
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Ok, bye.

    I mean, you're probably not going anywhere because if this all wasn't just SO IMPORTANT to you, you wouldn't be here acting like such a diva about it. But sure, bye.
    Actually I quit SL couple months ago (Feb I think) so I couldn't care less about the patch But I do understand why people are so pissed about.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    ....so plan the game around your life not the other way around...it's called being a functioning adult
    Did you read what I wrote? Because that is exactly what I wrote.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

    NextUI for XIV


  8. #188
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Actually I quit SL couple months ago (Feb I think) so I couldn't care less about the patch But I do understand why people are so pissed about.
    Oh, ok. So I was right when I said you were literally whining about nothing at all just because you're mad at Blizzard.

    Got it.

  9. #189
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Did you read what I wrote? Because that is exactly what I wrote.
    If that was the case then the announcement would of headed a meh over a FUCK THAT

  10. #190
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Oh, ok. So I was right when I said you were literally whining about nothing at all just because you're mad at Blizzard.

    Got it.
    Please, bet you did not expect this plot twist.

    You seems to be projecting your behavior on others. My judgement is clear and it won't change whenever I play or not. When some gaming company pulls this shit I would be mad at them regardless if I love their game or not. And the confirmation of this is in "General Discussions»Is WoW Pay 2 Win?" topic.

    And by the way, you might be ok with disrespect, I am not.

    Another good example is I disagree with couple of Ashes of Creation ideas, but the important part for me is that if they are going to stick with them and not change their mind like clothes. That and being transparent and fair. If they ever go that route like blizzard, responding in generic, formulated answers that basically says "fuck you" I will quit.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

    NextUI for XIV


  11. #191
    Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    Why would they be stupid enough to release a summer raid?
    Being this late 2 more months wouldn't have mattered at all.

    Only 2 people (true no lifers) out of my whole friends list is excited about the raid coming and everyone else is meh, its 30c outside and sun everyday, cba to raid like this.

    This is fully ignoring the patch is not nowhere ready lmao... Have anyone actually been to PTR?
    Wish you fun with this patch
    Because the raid will still be there when you get back from the summer.
    Seriously, summer and holiday breaks while people are progressing in raids have happened since the dawn of time. Guilds have always had to deal with it, they will deal with it now.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Please, bet you did not expect this plot twist.

    You seems to be projecting your behavior on others. My judgement is clear and it won't change whenever I play or not. When some gaming company pulls this shit I would be mad at them regardless if I love their game or not. And the confirmation of this is in "General Discussions»Is WoW Pay 2 Win?" topic.

    And by the way, you might be ok with disrespect, I am not.

    Another good example is I disagree with couple of Ashes of Creation ideas, but the important part for me is that if they are going to stick with them and not change their mind like clothes. That and being transparent and fair. If they ever go that route like blizzard, responding in generic, formulated answers that basically says "fuck you" I will quit.
    By your own admission you quit. Your judgement isn't worth a fucking thing.

    So when AoC sticks with things its commendable, when WoW devs stick with things they believe in despite the community being unhappy they are the spawn of Satan.

    /facepalm.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

  12. #192
    Titan Orby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Essex, England
    Posts
    11,185
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    This. The only difference is that now WoW is so bad that people are likely to jump ship and never look back (whereas when Warhammer AoR and LotRO and STO and SWTOR came out, WoW was still good enough that people switched back).
    .
    ahh yes, the good old times of 'the WoW killer'.

    I played so many MMO's but most of them really didn't appeal to me. The closest was City of Heroes, Champions Online, Black Desert Online and Guild Wars. Most were giant disappointments like Rift and Aeon or Warhammer Online.

    World of Warcraft was the king of the MMO's for a long and rightfully so it was the best, but since I quit in January every other MMO is just forgotten to me I am not interested in any MMO on the market or that's coming out. I mean I'll try Ashes of Creation or Crowfall but the results will probably stay the same.

  13. #193
    I am Murloc! Lord Pebbleton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Pebbleton Family Castle.
    Posts
    5,962
    The cycle of literally every MMO:

    -Gets announced
    -Gains the favor of a chunk of WoW's playerbase that is tired/fed up with WoW's current vision
    -Gets praised as a "WoW killer"
    -Once it releases, MMOChampion and other similar websites are flooded by people that give all glory and honor to the new game since it's so much better than WoW
    -It stabilizes, players come and go, and the hardcore crowd chills out a bit
    -(OPTIONAL) The game fails because its whole appeal is being a "WoW killer"

    I have seen this happen for literally every MMO ever since WoW released. A successful game needs to be its own thing in order to prosper. As long as a game's strongest point is to replace WoW, it will inevitably not replace WoW.

    Also I feel like the MMO market is dying down. At least it is for me, after 10+ years of WoW I ain't starting again somewhere else.

  14. #194
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    Riot's MMO legit could on paper. LoL is far more popular than WoW worldwide, it's got very deep pockets, and veteran devs building it.
    Hundreds of millions of people haven't invested some amount of the last 16 years into said mmo. The gaming community as a whole has also drastically changed and become much more "seasonal". Something people refuse to acknowledge when pointing at wows sub numbers and how they spike and drop for the last few xpacs.

    People realized they don't have to marry a game anymore and can play it for some months and then move on until the next update. And there's nothing wrong with that.

    I do think riot has a lot of potential for a cool universe though, definitely would like to see what they come up with.


    Also I really enjoyed swtor as well, I only quit it because the game was hemorrhaging players and it took me a while to find a good guild and they all peaced out the second they announced they were going f2p. I honestly think swtor's questing experience is one of if not the best I've seen in an mmo and still holds up today. At least for the base game content, I never got around to playing the xpacs.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

  15. #195
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    The cycle of literally every MMO:

    -Gets announced
    -Gains the favor of a chunk of WoW's playerbase that is tired/fed up with WoW's current vision
    -Gets praised as a "WoW killer"
    -Once it releases, MMOChampion and other similar websites are flooded by people that give all glory and honor to the new game since it's so much better than WoW
    -It stabilizes, players come and go, and the hardcore crowd chills out a bit
    -(OPTIONAL) The game fails because its whole appeal is being a "WoW killer"

    I have seen this happen for literally every MMO ever since WoW released. A successful game needs to be its own thing in order to prosper. As long as a game's strongest point is to replace WoW, it will inevitably not replace WoW.

    Also I feel like the MMO market is dying down. At least it is for me, after 10+ years of WoW I ain't starting again somewhere else.
    There is nothing to add, everything is correct

  16. #196
    Immortal Stormspark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Columbus OH
    Posts
    7,856
    WOW was overtaken by FFXIV during WOD. Legion brought WOW back into popularity for a time, as it was WOW's last dying gasp. Where the flame burned one last time before going out. BFA died out pretty quickly after launch, and FFXIV has been consistently pretty far ahead since then. At the launch of SL, WOW very briefly got some players back, but it didn't last long. The reason FFXIV is getting attention for being the top subscription MMO now is, a lot of WOW streamers are visibly switching to it.

  17. #197
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspark View Post
    WOW was overtaken by FFXIV during WOD. Legion brought WOW back into popularity for a time, as it was WOW's last dying gasp. Where the flame burned one last time before going out. BFA died out pretty quickly after launch, and FFXIV has been consistently pretty far ahead since then. At the launch of SL, WOW very briefly got some players back, but it didn't last long. The reason FFXIV is getting attention for being the top subscription MMO now is, a lot of WOW streamers are visibly switching to it.
    I'm sure you can back up any of that with something remotely official or credible right?
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

  18. #198
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    I'm sure you can back up any of that with something remotely official or credible right?
    I think FFIX posted that they had passed 4 million accounts sometime during WoD when WoW was at it's lowest publicly announced active subscribers.

    What he fails to comprehend is that WoW had already passed 100 million accounts at that point and accounts created tell nothing about active subscribers.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

  19. #199
    The Insane Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    17,538
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    I'm sure you can back up any of that with something remotely official or credible right?
    it's bull, they only got to 1million in 2019.
    If there is a lot of feedback that it is better to divide into the first half and the second half, it will be useful in some way in the future [About the future] ・ 5. In the X series, the new main scenario will be added ・ A type that expands the range of game experience Many new elements are planned in the 5.X series update [Others] -The number of paying members is 700,000, which is based on the number two years ago and is not the current peak data. Compared to that time, the playing population is now higher ・ The number of active players exceeds 1 million and the number of payers has entered an unprecedented area ・ I want to overwrite the number at some point
    http://ff14net.2chblog.jp/archives/55799898.html
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

  20. #200
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    I have seen this happen for literally every MMO ever since WoW released. A successful game needs to be its own thing in order to prosper. As long as a game's strongest point is to replace WoW, it will inevitably not replace WoW.
    I am assuming that you are largely referring to AoC, when i believe the differences are actually pretty obvious.

    First off, AoC really aims at a more old school approach of MMO's, they (at least from what i've seen) really focus on player interaction, considering how Blizzard has designed WoW over the past decade, i think it's no lie that this game will not be very appealing at least to the current Retail WoW audience.

    Personally, for this reason, i find it very odd to see so much hype within the WoW community for AoC, because i do not see this type of game appealing to the modern WoW customer, simply because WoW used to be a lot like that.

    Second, a large difference is also that "prime of WoW killers" was likely fueled by investors wanting their share of the MMO market, they saw the success of WoW and threw their money at any studio willing to attempt an MMO, whether the idea of that MMO has success or the team behind it is actually competent was likely not questioned by investors - but naturally pushed for a release ASAP for a type of product that usually have 4-5 years of development.
    Said "prime" was also unfortunately for those game around the same time when WoW was sub wise at its peak, around 08-11 you had a bunch of MMO's launching, past that point, near dead silence besides Wildstar.

    Add to this that this point in time, WoW had a lot less baggage and Blizzard overall a better imagine, back then you had to actively win over people from WoW to your MMO, now people are seemingly just willing to give any MMO the benefit of the doubt because they want to see another successful MMO.

    Also, AoC at the very least, is self funded by an avid MMO fan, he wants to revive the genre and not just get a slice of MMO marketshare.
    That doesn't necessarily mean AoC will be good, wanting to make a good game and actually developing one are two different things, but not having the pressure of people that frankly solely care about a bigger number of their bottomline is an advantage.

    Times have changed, WoW is no longer the dominant force it used to be and Blizzard certainly no longer has the perception of having the Midas Touch of gaming.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-06-23 at 02:13 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •