Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    You obviously haven't, its mostly ready on the PTR lol.
    Summer patches are fine lol, and releasing 2 months later would have pissed a lot of people off. Funny enough just about everyone on my friends list is either pumped for the raid or pushing M+.
    You're gonna be in for a surprise if you think its mostly ready lol.
    Guess you only have no lifer friends that rather sit inside during summer rather than being social and enjoying the summer. We're all different though

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    No not that at all...more like what different amount of time are they spending 2 weeks from now that they aren't spending now....or spending before? I can imagine a lot of people were on a break but hey I do a raid every Tuesday and Wednesdayfor 2 hours and spend an hour on M+ on Thursday doesn't exactly change with a patch
    First, there would be quite some amount of people, that if knew that patch is going to be delayed for that long, they would take a break earlier ie. unsub before. Blizz didn't want that because of $$$ so they kept quiet.

Second, planning a holiday vacation, its mid season, having extended vacation usually requires month+ notice.

Third, not everyone plays continuously wow, yes, people take a break and if blizz fails to deliver they should at least say a rough estimation before.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    You're gonna be in for a surprise if you think its mostly ready lol.
    Guess you only have no lifer friends that rather sit inside during summer rather than being social and enjoying the summer. We're all different though
    I wont be because I was on it lol. Also no no lifers, just people that have time management skills, and have dedicated 2 nights to doing raids (only a few mythic raiders left on my friends list sadly doing 3+ nights). You know you can go out and experience the summer during the day and raid at night, or go out the nights you dont raid right?

Also there are heat waves all across the US right now that is making a lot of people still inside and cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    First, there would be quite some amount of people, that if knew that patch is going to be delayed for that long, they would take a break earlier ie. unsub before. Blizz didn't want that because of $$$ so they kept quiet.

Second, planning a holiday vacation, its mid season, having extended vacation usually requires month+ notice.

Third, not everyone plays continuously wow, yes, people take a break and if blizz fails to deliver they should at least say a rough estimation before.
    So please point to where billy taking a vacation is Blizzards problem? "oh we would love to release the patch later but Billy is taking his kids to Disneyland so we gotta delay it a month so that he doesn't have to worry about tanking a raid".

Seriously other players personal lives isn't Blizzards problem...if your in a guild and not actively competing for a top spot who cares...I mean oh no instead of being the #696 guild in the world we are going to be the 720th...

So please point to where billy taking a vacation is Blizzards problem? "oh we would love to release the patch later but Billy is taking his kids to Disneyland so we gotta delay it a month so that he doesn't have to worry about tanking a raid".

Seriously other players personal lives isn't Blizzards problem...if your in a guild and not actively competing for a top spot who cares...I mean oh no instead of being the #696 guild in the world we are going to be the 720th...
    What are you even on about? What "blizzard problem", what are you even saying dude?

I mean you could be totally ok with blizzard treating you that way, but don't expect others to put up with this.

This is one of the reasons people are searching for some other mmo where customers are not disrespected. And one of the reasons big companies see opportunity here. Whatever you like it or not.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

What are you even on about? What "blizzard problem", what are you even saying dude?

I mean you could be totally ok with blizzard treating you that way, but don't expect others to put up with this.

This is one of the reasons people are searching for some other mmo where customers are not disrespected. And one of the reasons big companies see opportunity here. Whatever you like it or not.
    ...ok plain English

Say I had a vacation planned for months...I'm in an average raiding guild but was taking a break...the day the raid opens is right in the middle

Sorry but fuck wow I'm doing this vacation..it will be there the next week my guild knew months in advanced and already made accomodations...if that isn't the case your either in Method where doing it day 1 actually matters or you need a new guild

15+ Year Old Account
    This is fully ignoring the patch is not nowhere ready lmao... Have anyone actually been to PTR?
    Have you? The patch isn't a buggy mess that people keep trying to make it out to be. It is weird how you run the full range of negatives. A "summer raid", only 2 no life players are interested, and it is no where near ready. You keep making excuses just because it didn't release when you expected it to. August or later.

People still play and consume entertainment products in the summer. You can also take your computer outside with Wifi. The whole trope of summer being spent 100% outside died years ago.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    "With Blizzard treating you this way"

For fucks sake, they're not your girlfriend. Grow up. And stop acting like two weeks isn't enough time to prepare for a fucking video game. You're just being a whiny shit because you're mad at Blizzard for one reason or another, so you're raging over literally nothing every chance you get.
    Yeah lets stop caring about the game and let it rot, perfect idea. Lets accept all crap blizzard does and be cool with it cause its "just a game"

No. Screw that, Im out.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

15+ Year Old Account
    I mean you could be totally ok with blizzard treating you that way, but don't expect others to put up with this. This is one of the reasons people are searching for some other mmo where customers are not disrespected. And one of the reasons big companies see opportunity here. Whatever you like it or not.
    There is an easy solution. Put your life before that of the game and you don't have to worry about the perceived disrespect. Blizzard hasn't always given a long advance notice of patch dates and if you actually paid attention to the PTR it was easy to tell that the patch would be releasing sooner rather then later. No one is searching for a new MMO just because they get dates laid out for them. That is shallow.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

...ok plain English

Say I had a vacation planned for months...I'm in an average raiding guild but was taking a break...the day the raid opens is right in the middle

Sorry but fuck wow I'm doing this vacation..it will be there the next week my guild knew months in advanced and already made accomodations...if that isn't the case your either in Method where doing it day 1 actually matters or you need a new guild
    Yes fuck wow, cool, now that you are on the same page. If I knew that before I could:

A. Tell my guildmates the date is set in stone and Im not gon be available to give them a chance to
    1. try to find replacement
    2. announce to others that because of lack of players, raids are going to start later
    B. If its a bit fluid try to wriggle a date a bit.

But instead I feel like Im being fucked instead.

Game or not, I absolutely hate when people/companies do this crap. Like knowing something is going to happen ex party/wedding/patch/absence etc but giving me very short notice to respond. Or stuff that is on schedule suddenly being delayed with no explanation whatsoever.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Yes fuck wow, cool, now that you are on the same page. If I knew that before I could:

A. Tell my guildmates the date is set in stone and Im not gon be available to give them a chance to
    1. try to find replacement
    2. announce to others that because of lack of players, raids are going to start later
    B. If its a bit fluid try to wriggle a date a bit.

But instead I feel like Im being fucked instead.

Game or not, I absolutely hate when people/companies do this crap. Like knowing something is going to happen ex party/wedding/patch/absence etc but giving me very short notice to respond. Or stuff that is on schedule suddenly being delayed with no explanation whatsoever.
    ....so plan the game around your life not the other way around...it's called being a functioning adult

Ok, bye.

I mean, you're probably not going anywhere because if this all wasn't just SO IMPORTANT to you, you wouldn't be here acting like such a diva about it. But sure, bye.
    Actually I quit SL couple months ago (Feb I think) so I couldn't care less about the patch But I do understand why people are so pissed about.

- - - Updated - - -

....so plan the game around your life not the other way around...it's called being a functioning adult
    Did you read what I wrote? Because that is exactly what I wrote.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Did you read what I wrote? Because that is exactly what I wrote.
    If that was the case then the announcement would of headed a meh over a FUCK THAT

Oh, ok. So I was right when I said you were literally whining about nothing at all just because you're mad at Blizzard.

Got it.
    Please, bet you did not expect this plot twist.

You seems to be projecting your behavior on others. My judgement is clear and it won't change whenever I play or not. When some gaming company pulls this shit I would be mad at them regardless if I love their game or not. And the confirmation of this is in "General Discussions»Is WoW Pay 2 Win?" topic.

And by the way, you might be ok with disrespect, I am not.

Another good example is I disagree with couple of Ashes of Creation ideas, but the important part for me is that if they are going to stick with them and not change their mind like clothes. That and being transparent and fair. If they ever go that route like blizzard, responding in generic, formulated answers that basically says "fuck you" I will quit.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Why would they be stupid enough to release a summer raid?
    Being this late 2 more months wouldn't have mattered at all.

Only 2 people (true no lifers) out of my whole friends list is excited about the raid coming and everyone else is meh, its 30c outside and sun everyday, cba to raid like this.

This is fully ignoring the patch is not nowhere ready lmao... Have anyone actually been to PTR?
    Wish you fun with this patch
    Because the raid will still be there when you get back from the summer.
    Seriously, summer and holiday breaks while people are progressing in raids have happened since the dawn of time. Guilds have always had to deal with it, they will deal with it now.

- - - Updated - - -

Please, bet you did not expect this plot twist.

You seems to be projecting your behavior on others. My judgement is clear and it won't change whenever I play or not. When some gaming company pulls this shit I would be mad at them regardless if I love their game or not. And the confirmation of this is in "General Discussions»Is WoW Pay 2 Win?" topic.

And by the way, you might be ok with disrespect, I am not.

Another good example is I disagree with couple of Ashes of Creation ideas, but the important part for me is that if they are going to stick with them and not change their mind like clothes. That and being transparent and fair. If they ever go that route like blizzard, responding in generic, formulated answers that basically says "fuck you" I will quit.
    By your own admission you quit. Your judgement isn't worth a fucking thing.

So when AoC sticks with things its commendable, when WoW devs stick with things they believe in despite the community being unhappy they are the spawn of Satan.

/facepalm.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    This. The only difference is that now WoW is so bad that people are likely to jump ship and never look back (whereas when Warhammer AoR and LotRO and STO and SWTOR came out, WoW was still good enough that people switched back).
    ahh yes, the good old times of 'the WoW killer'.

I played so many MMO's but most of them really didn't appeal to me. The closest was City of Heroes, Champions Online, Black Desert Online and Guild Wars. Most were giant disappointments like Rift and Aeon or Warhammer Online.

World of Warcraft was the king of the MMO's for a long and rightfully so it was the best, but since I quit in January every other MMO is just forgotten to me I am not interested in any MMO on the market or that's coming out. I mean I'll try Ashes of Creation or Crowfall but the results will probably stay the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    The cycle of literally every MMO:

-Gets announced
    -Gains the favor of a chunk of WoW's playerbase that is tired/fed up with WoW's current vision
    -Gets praised as a "WoW killer"
    -Once it releases, MMOChampion and other similar websites are flooded by people that give all glory and honor to the new game since it's so much better than WoW
    -It stabilizes, players come and go, and the hardcore crowd chills out a bit
    -(OPTIONAL) The game fails because its whole appeal is being a "WoW killer"

I have seen this happen for literally every MMO ever since WoW released. A successful game needs to be its own thing in order to prosper. As long as a game's strongest point is to replace WoW, it will inevitably not replace WoW.

Also I feel like the MMO market is dying down. At least it is for me, after 10+ years of WoW I ain't starting again somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    Riot's MMO legit could on paper. LoL is far more popular than WoW worldwide, it's got very deep pockets, and veteran devs building it.
    Hundreds of millions of people haven't invested some amount of the last 16 years into said mmo. The gaming community as a whole has also drastically changed and become much more "seasonal". Something people refuse to acknowledge when pointing at wows sub numbers and how they spike and drop for the last few xpacs.

People realized they don't have to marry a game anymore and can play it for some months and then move on until the next update. And there's nothing wrong with that.

I do think riot has a lot of potential for a cool universe though, definitely would like to see what they come up with.

Also I really enjoyed swtor as well, I only quit it because the game was hemorrhaging players and it took me a while to find a good guild and they all peaced out the second they announced they were going f2p. I honestly think swtor's questing experience is one of if not the best I've seen in an mmo and still holds up today. At least for the base game content, I never got around to playing the xpacs.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    The cycle of literally every MMO:

-Gets announced
    -Gains the favor of a chunk of WoW's playerbase that is tired/fed up with WoW's current vision
    -Gets praised as a "WoW killer"
    -Once it releases, MMOChampion and other similar websites are flooded by people that give all glory and honor to the new game since it's so much better than WoW
    -It stabilizes, players come and go, and the hardcore crowd chills out a bit
    -(OPTIONAL) The game fails because its whole appeal is being a "WoW killer"

I have seen this happen for literally every MMO ever since WoW released. A successful game needs to be its own thing in order to prosper. As long as a game's strongest point is to replace WoW, it will inevitably not replace WoW.

Also I feel like the MMO market is dying down. At least it is for me, after 10+ years of WoW I ain't starting again somewhere else.
    There is nothing to add, everything is correct

7+ Year Old Account
    WOW was overtaken by FFXIV during WOD. Legion brought WOW back into popularity for a time, as it was WOW's last dying gasp. Where the flame burned one last time before going out. BFA died out pretty quickly after launch, and FFXIV has been consistently pretty far ahead since then. At the launch of SL, WOW very briefly got some players back, but it didn't last long. The reason FFXIV is getting attention for being the top subscription MMO now is, a lot of WOW streamers are visibly switching to it.