Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ...
8
9
10
11
12
... LastLast
  1. #181
    Quote Originally Posted by starstationprofm View Post
    What was retconned exactly?
    Well certainly the whole "Nathrezim show Sargeras mUh vOiD and he shits himself in the process."

  2. #182
    Jesus f christ, this doesnt mean the dreadlords were the masters of sargeras or the scourge, it just means they used them to firther their own goals. If anything this enriches the lore. Also sargeras never tristed them

  3. #183
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    Actually, the Dreadlords took the Fatescribe to Torghast so the Jailer could uncover the location of the Sepulcher, which he already knows of by the time we face the Fatescribe. The Jailer’s 3 steps ahead of us this patch. Meaning 9.2 should be: Azeroth invasion, Gardens of Life, MAYBE Nathreza and MAYBE the Moon (Moon for a raid location?), and the Sepulcher.

    - - - Updated - - -



    No it doesn’t? She still has her powers by the end of the questline, you know that yeah?
    Every other post from you on this forum is you constantly trying to beat across the idea that the expansion is definitely heading into the ''Gardens of Life'' for the .2 patch. What actually is your evidence for this because I've seen nothing to suggest that it will happen during this expansion.

    Please stop trying to present your headcannon and personal hopes for fact.

  4. #184
    What Master is he talking about? The Jailer? Or some kind of void thingy?

  5. #185
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Well certainly the whole "Nathrezim show Sargeras mUh vOiD and he shits himself in the process."

    Sargeras turning evil because of the Void and his impossible mission has been his lore since like... what, 2010?

  6. #186
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    What Master is he talking about? The Jailer? Or some kind of void thingy?
    Denathrius is the Master.

  7. #187
    Quote Originally Posted by Cazze View Post
    Jesus f christ, this doesnt mean the dreadlords were the masters of sargeras or the scourge, it just means they used them to firther their own goals. If anything this enriches the lore. Also sargeras never tristed them
    If I've learned anything is that WoW forum posters will consider the story bad and retconned no matter what state it's in.

  8. #188
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    We don't even know if Argus died. The fight ends before his health reaches 0 AND we don't see him AT ALL in the cinematic that showed the entire area of where we had just fought him.
    Um..what? We killed Argus. And it was Argus that flew into the Arbiter when killed and caused her to malfunction. The first part about Argus dying has been known for literal years and the 2nd part was painfully obvious from the beginning of Shadowlands.

  9. #189
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Well certainly the whole "Nathrezim show Sargeras mUh vOiD and he shits himself in the process."
    i think it was never retconned

    hell, i believe there were several fan concepts about possible wow expansion about sargeras and how he was manipulated by dreadlords

    tbh it always seemed that tychondrius, leader of Nathrezim was cunning MF who manipulated Sargeras and turned his focus against Void Lords and he betrayed Pantheon. thus Tych managed to divide enemy forces,make one of them betray rest and wipe them, thus removing major player from chess board and managed to become one of main henchmans of that guy who thought he controlled fate while he was controlled by his steward.
    it was so clear even with ingame books of wow classic.

    it was never retconned. maybe adjusted a bit
    lots of stuff was retconned in wow. but not this one

    also, we seem to get into inner and upper circles of world powers

    doom cultists and bug races of old gods 》nraqi
    and sha and so on》 old gods

    shamanism 》 elementals 》elemental lords and their planes

    light worshippers 》 Naaru 》prime naaru

    titan ruins and pre raxces of azeroth 》titan facilities and keepers 》 titans are dead and we are in space dudes

    druidism 》 dragon stuff 》 emerald nightmare
    and old gods minions

    and so on
    .we get to upper echelons and get to forces who are behind them

    its not greatest story but hey, its a game and usually such pitiful stuff and bad storytelling happen

  10. #190
    My best part is that this proves that Titans do not go to, or have a 'Arcane Afterlife' that is unique to them. Such a dog shit theory that kept getting posted here as if it were canon. They go to the Shadowlands like everyone else.

    I wonder what happened to the World-Soul that Sargeras destroyed, the Void-infested world the Nathrezim were on that seemingly kicked off this whole scheme.

    Do aborted Titan fetuses go to the Shadowlands? Sounds fucked up to type that up but a legitimate question.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by masterjc View Post
    i think it was never retconned

    hell, i believe there were several fan concepts about possible wow expansion about sargeras and how he was manipulated by dreadlords

    tbh it always seemed that tychondrius, leader of Nathrezim was cunning MF who manipulated Sargeras and turned his focus against Void Lords and he betrayed Pantheon. thus Tych managed to divide enemy forces,make one of them betray rest and wipe them, thus removing major player from chess board and managed to become one of main henchmans of that guy who thought he controlled fate while he was controlled by his steward.
    it was so clear even with ingame books of wow classic.

    it was never retconned. maybe adjusted a bit
    lots of stuff was retconned in wow. but not this one

    also, we seem to get into inner and upper circles of world powers

    doom cultists and bug races of old gods 》nraqi
    and sha and so on》 old gods

    shamanism 》 elementals 》elemental lords and their planes

    light worshippers 》 Naaru 》prime naaru

    titan ruins and pre raxces of azeroth 》titan facilities and keepers 》 titans are dead and we are in space dudes

    druidism 》 dragon stuff 》 emerald nightmare
    and old gods minions

    and so on
    .we get to upper echelons and get to forces who are behind them

    its not greatest story but hey, its a game and usually such pitiful stuff and bad storytelling happen
    People really can't tell the difference between new lore being added to old lore, and a retcon, around here.

  11. #191
    Quote Originally Posted by ChairmanKaga View Post
    Honestly the Nathrezim and Denathrius becoming a much bigger threat to the players is a welcome improvement over the Jailer and his lack of threat/motivations. I would love it if they tossed him aside in favor of them.
    Not knowing said motivations while us also being relatively inconsequential to him doesn't equal lack of threat/motivations.

  12. #192
    Dreadlord Cloudmaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Celestial Planetarium
    Posts
    989
    Wait, is Nathrezim alive? I believe I read in warcraft chronicles that he has been killed by Sargeras. It's just so annoying when something is killed and wakes up! This happens endlessly! To be honest so many good heroes that died never wake up. How fair is that?
    Last edited by Cloudmaker; 2021-06-21 at 06:29 PM.

  13. #193
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    My best part is that this proves that Titans do not go to, or have a 'Arcane Afterlife' that is unique to them. Such a dog shit theory that kept getting posted here as if it were canon. They go to the Shadowlands like everyone else.

    I wonder what happened to the World-Soul that Sargeras destroyed, the Void-infested world the Nathrezim were on that seemingly kicked off this whole scheme.

    Do aborted Titan fetuses go to the Shadowlands? Sounds fucked up to type that up but a legitimate question.

    - - - Updated - - -



    People really can't tell the difference between new lore being added to old lore, and a retcon, around here.
    Nothing proves what you just said. Hell the devs hinted that they do have their own place they go. If anything it might be the elemental plane they banished the elementals to which makes more sense than the elementals going there on death.

  14. #194
    The Insane Arafal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Ardenweald
    Posts
    15,940
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    Wait, is Nathrezim alive? I believe I read in warcraft chronicles that he has been killed by Sargeras. It's just so annoying when something is killed and wakes up! This happens endlessly! To be honest so many good heroes that died never wake up. How fair is that?
    The Nathrezim (Dreadlords) are a group of creatures, not a singular entity.

    Trans Rights are Human Rights // Elune Says Queer Rights!


  15. #195
    Quote Originally Posted by Cazze View Post
    Jesus f christ, this doesnt mean the dreadlords were the masters of sargeras or the scourge, it just means they used them to firther their own goals. If anything this enriches the lore. Also sargeras never tristed them
    And even then, for the Legion and the nathrezim, it seems their goals were more or less aligned with each other so it was largely a mutually beneficial relationship even if they weren't 100% loyal to him.

  16. #196
    Quote Originally Posted by starstationprofm View Post
    If I've learned anything is that WoW forum posters will consider the story bad and retconned no matter what state it's in.

    But when story elements are retconned, then what? How will you defend it then?


    Quote Originally Posted by starstationprofm View Post
    Sargeras turning evil because of the Void and his impossible mission has been his lore since like... what, 2010?

    You can't even get the lore straight, so I wouldn't expect you to know what has been retconned or not.


    Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    Wait, is Nathrezim alive? I believe I read in warcraft chronicles that he has been killed by Sargeras. It's just so annoying when something is killed and wakes up! This happens endlessly! To be honest so many good heroes that died never wake up. How fair is that?

    Haha what in the fuck

  17. #197
    Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    Nothing proves what you just said. Hell the devs hinted that they do have their own place they go. If anything it might be the elemental plane they banished the elementals to which makes more sense than the elementals going there on death.
    The Elemental Plane is just a rip off of Dungeons and Dragons Inner Planes, as of Chronicle they are nothing more than prison-dimensions created by the Titans. Without an artificial elemental plane, Elementals have natural life cycles like they do on Alternate Draenor.

    And Danuser tweets don't count for anything, they are better ignored.

  18. #198
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    The Elemental Plane is just a rip off of Dungeons and Dragons Inner Planes, as of Chronicle they are nothing more than prison-dimensions created by the Titans. Without an artificial elemental plane, Elementals have natural life cycles like they do on Alternate Draenor.

    And Danuser tweets don't count for anything, they are better ignored.
    Doesn't really matter. It's been established that tweets are canon.

  19. #199
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    The Elemental Plane is just a rip off of Dungeons and Dragons Inner Planes, as of Chronicle they are nothing more than prison-dimensions created by the Titans. Without an artificial elemental plane, Elementals have natural life cycles like they do on Alternate Draenor.

    And Danuser tweets don't count for anything, they are better ignored.

    For better or for worse, it's official lore from an official source. You can't pass it off because you don't like it.


    There are a lot of people specifically on this website who strongly dislike the story, where the story is going, and dislike those in charge of writing the story. They are willing to argue from dusk 'till dawn why something is not one way, even though the lore says it is.


    Something being a "rip off" of another IP doesn't change the fact that it exists canonically in this IP.


    BREAKING NEWS: World of Warcraft humans are a rip off of IRL humans! The writers are seriously unoriginal.
    Last edited by KOUNTERPARTS; 2021-06-21 at 06:48 PM.

  20. #200
    Epic! Oakshana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    Posts
    1,564
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    WC3 has the Eredar corrupt him. Classic has the Dreadlords make Sargeras question creation and his ways of Order.
    The retcon changing Eredar to the Nathrezim was TBC. Because they needed a story hook for the Draenei and Eredar. And Metzen had completely forgotten that it was originally the Eredar that corrupted Sargeras. During Classic, before the announcement of the Draenei as they Alliance race for TBC, it was still assumed it was the Eredar.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •